Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,034 members, 7,807,084 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:19 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2597713 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by shamecurls(m): 1:29am On Sep 25, 2016
Hello House, I have a BTECH in chemical/ petro-chemical Engineering but happen to have over 8 years experience in Telecommunication Engineering. Will this discrepancies pose any threat to my application.

Also, if am the principal applicant, does wiffy need to write ielts?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by byskoye: 5:46am On Sep 25, 2016
[color=#000099][/color]
byskoye:

I need some1 who has been nominated by nova scotia for their time frame up till ITA
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bumdesh: 10:15am On Sep 25, 2016
JesusDWay:

I'm good bro! Yeah, there might be some easing up in the system soon but then, that might favour inland applicants more. We anticipate the new programme being proposed by the Atlantic provinces early next year, that should favour outland applicants by God's grace. I think the challenge for quite some people now is the exchange rate and how its shooting up the amount required for pof. I pray God will help us and make a way in Jesus name

Please how much is N1 to CAD$
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bumdesh: 10:46am On Sep 25, 2016
Bimpsy99:
Please does anyone have an experience with WES evaluating ACCA.. Do you need to submit your WAEC result? I have read in forums that it is evaluated as 3 years Bachelors. Any practical experience in the house??!! Thanks all

Hi u don't need WAEC for ACCA. WES evaluates it as a 4 year BSC degree in Accounting equivalent to an Canadian BSC degree in Accounting.

Only send a copy of ur ACCA certificate ( along with other post secondary certificates e.g BSC, MSc) and send an email to ACCA to send ur transcript to WES put the address in the email and ur WES reference number ( gotten after paying WES evaluation fee) also contact ur universities to send ur transcript.
Dats all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bumdesh: 11:04am On Sep 25, 2016
obioby:
I have a diploma from ACCA..it is assessed as diploma.if u opt for Oxford Brooke degree in accting that's a bsc.. when u eventually get the ACCA cert it s the equivalent of a masters...but I av only done d diploma part but that's wat I heard. it's at no cost just give 4-6 weeks for Wes to receive and u can not track.

ACCA certificate is evaluated as BSC not masters
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ladon7: 11:06am On Sep 25, 2016
a mother of 3(age 7,5 n3), had B.sc industrial chemistry (second class lower in 2005) and pursued a postgraduate diploma in education in 2011. I av been working in my present job like 5years ago( 5yrs work experience in a research institute), I want to use school route to get a PR, and I was told I cannot get a master in Canada with my 2.2, pls is it advisable I go for a postgraduate diploma in Canada( which university) or can is there any university that takes 2.2 . make i dey find alternative as the game for the express entry is getting tighter,pls advice
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ladon7: 11:08am On Sep 25, 2016
a mother of 3(age 7,5 n3), had B.sc industrial chemistry (second class lower in 2005) and pursued a postgraduate diploma in education in 2011. I av been working in my present job like 5years ago( 5yrs work experience in a research institute), I want to use school route to get a PR, and I was told I cannot get a master in Canada with my 2.2, pls is it advisable I go for a postgraduate diploma in Canada( which university) or can is there any university that takes 2.2 ,make i find alternative cos this game of express entry is getting tighter pls advice
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bumdesh: 11:21am On Sep 25, 2016
Note of CAUTION

What ever is not on your ECA report don't include in your express entry profile.

If you only evacuated Masters in ECA put Masters in EE profile. If you put BSC and u recieve ITA, pay ur fees n submit all documents including ur ECA, there is no place where dat BSC was evacuated to show d Canadian equivalency.

Some people application have been rejected coz of this and based on the grounds of incomplete documentation.

My advice is put only d degrees u hv on ur ECA report wen registering ur EE profile.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chiamo(m): 12:26pm On Sep 25, 2016
Can someone here please advise me.
I want my 21 years old daughter who has a National Certificate in Hair Dressing and Cosmetology to go to Canada to study more on this vocation and also work there.
What are the steps I should take to achieve this goal.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by constant57: 3:58pm On Sep 25, 2016
Hello all,

Please does anyone know the most appropriate NOC to use for a job profile which matches that of an account officer in a Nigerian bank (popularly called marketer) in order to apply for the express entry?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 4:21pm On Sep 25, 2016
constant57:
Hello all,

Please does anyone know the most appropriate NOC to use for a job profile which matches that of an account officer in a Nigerian bank (popularly called marketer) in order to apply for the express entry?

Check NOC 6235 and 4163
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 4:22pm On Sep 25, 2016
chiamo:
Can someone here please advise me.
I want my 21 years old daughter who has a National Certificate in Hair Dressing and Cosmetology to go to Canada to study more on this vocation and also work there.
What are the steps I should take to achieve this goal.

Look for a school that offers Hairdressing and Cosmetology certificate
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 4:29pm On Sep 25, 2016
Bumdesh:
Note of CAUTION

What ever is not on your ECA report don't include in your express entry profile.

If you only evacuated Masters in ECA put Masters in EE profile. If you put BSC and u recieve ITA, pay ur fees n submit all documents including ur ECA, there is no place where dat BSC was evacuated to show d Canadian equivalency.

Some people application have been rejected coz of this and based on the grounds of incomplete documentation.

My advice is put only d degrees u hv on ur ECA report wen registering ur EE profile.

You must include details of all your education and upload the certificate of completion of the programme but should however indicate the ones you don't have ECA for. If you indicate you don't have ECA for the lower degrees, they won't penalize you for it. The incomplete documentation is as a result of uploading only ECA for your highest qualification and you overlook uploading certificate for the ones you inputed their history but you didn't provide certificate for

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 4:34pm On Sep 25, 2016
Ladon7:
a mother of 3(age 7,5 n3), had B.sc industrial chemistry (second class lower in 2005) and pursued a postgraduate diploma in education in 2011. I av been working in my present job like 5years ago( 5yrs work experience in a research institute), I want to use school route to get a PR, and I was told I cannot get a master in Canada with my 2.2, pls is it advisable I go for a postgraduate diploma in Canada( which university) or can is there any university that takes 2.2 ,make i find alternative cos this game of express entry is getting tighter pls advice

Contact the schools yourself, you should likely get one that will accept 2:2 and if not, you can then get PGD instead. However note, the cost of going through school is much more than through PR
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 4:41pm On Sep 25, 2016
Bumdesh:

Please how much is N1 to CAD$

Use 250Naira to a CAD
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 4:46pm On Sep 25, 2016
shamecurls:
Hello House, I have a BTECH in chemical/ petro-chemical Engineering but happen to have over 8 years experience in Telecommunication Engineering. Will this discrepancies pose any threat to my application.

Also, if am the principal applicant, does wiffy need to write ielts?

Thanks

It shouldn't, except in some Provincial Nominations where they require that you have at least one year education related to your profession but largely, it might be irrelevant at the end of the day so, you can start your application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 5:09pm On Sep 25, 2016
Thanks. Can I evaluate just ACCA with WES? ICAS is delaying my post secondary evaluation so I am looking for a cheaper and faster alternative.

Bumdesh:

Hi u don't need WAEC for ACCA. WES evaluates it as a 4 year BSC degree in Accounting equivalent to an Canadian BSC degree in Accounting.

Only send a copy of ur ACCA certificate ( along with other post secondary certificates e.g BSC, MSc) and send an email to ACCA to send ur transcript to WES put the address in the email and ur WES reference number ( gotten after paying WES evaluation fee) also contact ur universities to send ur transcript.
Dats all

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 5:29pm On Sep 25, 2016
Bimpsy99:
Thanks. Can I evaluate just ACCA with WES? ICAS is delaying my post secondary evaluation so I am looking for a cheaper and faster alternative.

Yes you can
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 5:34pm On Sep 25, 2016
Curlie:
Hi everyone. Please has anyone had their UNILAG Bsc degree evaluated by WES? Mine has been in process for almost 4months yet not completed. School claims they have not received the verification one from WES when they said the got my transcript from Unilag and sent them a mail via post for verification but school said they dont have it please i need help in this regard.

If it is transcripts you are talking about and you both didn't finish from the same school, then don't try it, WES will void both docs cuz it is school that ought to send the transcripts and there's no way two different schools will put correspondence in same envelope. If however its copies of your certificates you want to send, then you may send it together. A better and costless alternative is to use online fax facility to send them(ensure you have written the reference number on the certificates before sending).
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 6:42pm On Sep 25, 2016
Bimpsy99:

Yes you can, the WES evaluated Canadian equivalency of ACCA we have been seeing is equated to Bsc

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by constant57: 7:13pm On Sep 25, 2016
JesusDWay:

Check NOC 6235 and 4163

Thanks!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 12:13am On Sep 26, 2016
Noc 6235 seems more appropriate

constant57:
Hello all,

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Empire14: 9:48am On Sep 26, 2016
Please can someone assist me too about the most appropriate NOC to use for a job profile which matches that of fund transfer officer as i am thinking it shud be under other financial officer( foreign and local interbanking transaction officer) noc 1114
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 2:26pm On Sep 26, 2016
My people,
Is IQAS evaluation accepted by SINP?

2. What was the financial requirement (POF) for OINP application the last time it was opened.

i will appreciate if anyone can mail me the .pdf of requirements/criteria of the last opening.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by opeyemi361: 2:41pm On Sep 26, 2016
Thank you for this wonderful thread. I am planning to do the Academic IELTS which I want to use to apply for a university in Europe. Can I equally use it for the assessment or I have to do the General IELTS? Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 6:35pm On Sep 26, 2016
No,ypu cannot. You have to do the General Ielts

quote author=opeyemi361 post=49688092]Thank you for this wonderful thread. I am planning to do the Academic IELTS which I want to use to apply for a university in Europe. Can I equally use it for the assessment or I have to do the General IELTS? Thanks[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 6:44pm On Sep 26, 2016
opeyemi361:
Thank you for this wonderful thread. I am planning to do the Academic IELTS which I want to use to apply for a university in Europe. Can I equally use it for the assessment or I have to do the General IELTS? Thanks
Only the general test is accepted for express entry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by opeyemi361: 7:10pm On Sep 26, 2016
Adiahabasi:
Only the general test is accepted for express entry

Thanks so much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by EJIZY: 2:56pm On Sep 27, 2016
Afternoon all...thank you for this great platform, Please I want to confirm if am qualified for the express entry programme/federal skilled workers program.I studied Business Administration and have a working experience of 3yrs. Your swift response will be highly appreciated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 4:47pm On Sep 27, 2016
EJIZY:
Afternoon all...thank you for this great platform, Please I want to confirm if am qualified for the express entry programme/federal skilled workers program.I studied Business Administration and have a working experience of 3yrs. Your swift response will be highly appreciated.
Go to page 0 of this thread, read through and input your data when u get to that point. The minimum requirement is 1year work experience though, so all things be being equal u should qualify.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nwandy218: 5:50pm On Sep 27, 2016
@All. Almost all the PNP programs require you to have an express entry profile before you apply. Meanwhile, in the course of joining the EE pool, you have more points if you already have a PNP. PLEASE HOW DOES ONE GET A PNP TO BOOST YOUR SCORE USING THE CRS TOOL?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mrflo231: 7:46pm On Sep 27, 2016
Hi all
I submitted my acca certificate affiliate for Wes review. acca had earlier giving me exemptions as I had usedmy bsc accounting to gain some.wes-They gave me a year of undergraduate and stated in remarks it is not comparable to any completed Canadian degree. Can I still claim 2 or more degree or do I write to Wes to inquire why they would not assess my acca as a four year degree

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.