Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,555 members, 7,809,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (356) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2598514 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:58pm On Mar 31, 2017
dannio:

Yes l agree :6314: Customer service representatives supervisor-Financial services

I'm a single mum of 30.
I have a degree, a 3 years working experience in a bank.

Please do you have an idea of what my chances are.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sterlingD(m): 4:05pm On Mar 31, 2017
wapu:

I'm a single mum of 30.
I have a degree, a 3 years working experience in a bank.

Please do you have an idea of what my chances are.

You stand a chance but let the house have your full details to advise appropriately.Meanwhile go through this thread from page 0

Dannio is not allowed to post for some few hours

He posted some links from the NDA website to help MrsAkin make enquires on the process of requesting from transcript from NDA and he slapped with a few hours ban sentence
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gymme(m): 6:50pm On Mar 31, 2017
Express Entry Improvements starting June 6, 2017

-Additional points for candidates with strong French language skills, with more additional points going to candidates who also have English language skills.

On June 6, 2017, Express Entry candidates with strong French language skills, with or without English language skills, will be awarded additional points by the CRS.

A total of 15 additional points will be awarded for test results of the Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens (NLC) at level 7 in all four language skills in French (listening, speaking, reading and writing) and an English test result of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4 or lower.

A total of 30 additional points will be awarded for test results of the NLC at level 7 in all four skills in French and English test results of CLB 5 or higher.

-Additional points for candidates with siblings in Canada

On June 6, 2017, the Express Entry system will award 15 points to candidates with siblings in Canada.

To get these points, candidates will need to show that the sibling is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who is living in Canada and is 18 years of age or older.

The sibling in Canada must share a mother or father with the principal Express Entry applicant or their spouse or common-law partner. This relationship can be through blood, marriage, common-law partnership or adoption.

Having a sibling in Canada has been shown to improve health and social outcomes by accelerating a newcomer’s integration into their new life in Canada

-Job Bank registration voluntary

On June 6, 2017, Job Bank registration for Express Entry candidates becomes voluntary for all candidates.

Candidates who meet the minimum entry criteria for Express Entry will be automatically placed into the pool and immediately eligible for invitation rounds. If they do not currently have a job in Canada and would like to start their job search, they will be able to register for Job Bank.

Employers will still be able to use all of their existing recruiting methods, including Job Bank, to find Express Entry candidates.

Reference:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2017/03/express_entry_improvementsspring2017.html

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 7:35pm On Mar 31, 2017
@wapu

As advised by sterlingD (*winks*) post your full job description here so that the house can better advise.

Oga justwise, abeg unban dannio smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 8:51pm On Mar 31, 2017
sterlingD:

You stand a chance but let the house have your full details to advise appropriately.Meanwhile go through this thread from page 0

Dannio is not allowed to post for some few hours

He posted some links from the NDA website to help MrsAkin make enquires on the process of requesting from transcript from NDA and he slapped with a few hours ban sentence

Please what details do you need?

I've gone through the thread my challenge is just my baby's welfare.

I'm yet to write IELTS just registered.

My baby is less than one. I'm doing this for her.

I'm just bothered how I'll be able to relocate with her. Who will take care of her while I'm working.

How will I be able to take care of her pending when I get a job.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by justwise(m): 9:05pm On Mar 31, 2017
40manlappy:
@wapu

As advised by sterlingD (*winks*) post your full job description here so that the house can better advise.

Done

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:10pm On Mar 31, 2017
40manlappy:
@wapu

I am an account officer in a bank.

My job description falls under 0122
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 11:00pm On Mar 31, 2017
justwise:

Done

Thank you

@Gymme: Thanks for sharing. Appreciate the heads up smiley

@wapu: I would suggest 0122 only if you are in a supervisory/managerial role e.g. Branch Manager, Marketing Unit Head, Team Lead, etc. Take a second look at your job function.

There is one NOC that seems to match "account officer" role more closely, can't remember it now.

Looping: merrymum, Beem4cupid
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by soadirect: 11:55pm On Mar 31, 2017
Great news. Opportunity for extra points.

Gymme:
Express Entry Improvements starting June 6, 2017

-Additional points for candidates with strong French language skills, with more additional points going to candidates who also have English language skills.

On June 6, 2017, Express Entry candidates with strong French language skills, with or without English language skills, will be awarded additional points by the CRS.

A total of 15 additional points will be awarded for test results of the Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens (NLC) at level 7 in all four language skills in French (listening, speaking, reading and writing) and an English test result of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4 or lower.

A total of 30 additional points will be awarded for test results of the NLC at level 7 in all four skills in French and English test results of CLB 5 or higher.

-Additional points for candidates with siblings in Canada

On June 6, 2017, the Express Entry system will award 15 points to candidates with siblings in Canada.

To get these points, candidates will need to show that the sibling is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who is living in Canada and is 18 years of age or older.

The sibling in Canada must share a mother or father with the principal Express Entry applicant or their spouse or common-law partner. This relationship can be through blood, marriage, common-law partnership or adoption.

Having a sibling in Canada has been shown to improve health and social outcomes by accelerating a newcomer’s integration into their new life in Canada

-Job Bank registration voluntary

On June 6, 2017, Job Bank registration for Express Entry candidates becomes voluntary for all candidates.

Candidates who meet the minimum entry criteria for Express Entry will be automatically placed into the pool and immediately eligible for invitation rounds. If they do not currently have a job in Canada and would like to start their job search, they will be able to register for Job Bank.

Employers will still be able to use all of their existing recruiting methods, including Job Bank, to find Express Entry candidates.

Reference:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2017/03/express_entry_improvementsspring2017.html

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by teeoba: 12:05am On Apr 01, 2017
[quote author=SlowlybtSurely post=55113308]

The more, the merrier better. grin[/quote

Thanks!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 2:42am On Apr 01, 2017
emiye:
Ok, great ! It is ok if she conduct the medicals and pcc now. The children consultant hospital, ikoyi never asked for request letter in my case . Congrats in advance, Take great pictures with loved ones on d-day. If you've got pre wedding pictures at cool places, get them handy, and also post wedding pictures. you most likely will be asked for it. I was told to upload such pictures last week.

Thanks got the pcc sorted out. Pls how much did the Children consultant Hospital bill your spouse for medicals?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 4:46am On Apr 01, 2017
wapu:

Please what details do you need?

I've gone through the thread my challenge is just my baby's welfare.

I'm yet to write IELTS just registered.

My baby is less than one. I'm doing this for her.

I'm just bothered how I'll be able to relocate with her. Who will take care of her while I'm working.

How will I be able to take care of her pending when I get a job.
You'll be fine. They have creches and preschools, a bit pricey but not something you won't be able to afford once you get a job. You'll also get monthly childcare benefits which would go a long way to assist with bills. They've got good welfare packages for their residents and citizens, so you'll definitely be fine. All the best in your ielts, prepare well.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 5:42am On Apr 01, 2017
Hello House,

I have a Medical Laboratory Science degree from the University of Nigeria and graduated in 2007. I obtained a M.Sc in Public Health degree from the UK and graduated in 2012. I have been in full time employment since 2008 as a Medical Laboratory Scientist till date (Inclusive of internship and NYSC).

I wrote IELTS (Academic) in May 2015 and obtained the following scores: S8.0 R7.5 L7.5 W6.5 (Overall 7.5)
I wrote PTE (Academic) in December 2016 and obtained the following scores: S65 R76 L90 W89

Please I desperately need the following clarifications:
1. For the WES evaluation, do I need to submit my SSCE or just documents for my 1st and 2nd degrees? If yes, how do I get WAEC/NECO to send my results to WES?
2. Do I need to re-write IELTS?
3. What are my chances for the express entry as a Medical Laboratory Scientist?
4. Do I need to get licensed first to practice in Canada, before applying for the express entry?

I intend to apply as a single applicant. I just hope these questions aren't too much of a bother.

Below is the provisional degree equivalency report from WES:

"Now that you know what your education is worth in Canada, get a WES credential evaluation to verify your credentials so they will be recognized by universities, employers, licensing bodies and CIC immigration programs in Canada.
Credential 1
Country of Education: Nigeria
Name of Degree: Bachelor of Science
Name of Institution: University of Nigeria
Equivalency in Canada: Bachelor's degree (4 years)

Credential 2
Country of Education: United Kingdom
Name of Degree: Master of Science
Name of Institution: Anglia Ruskin University
Equivalency in Canada: Master's degree

Thank you house.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 7:00am On Apr 01, 2017
@jaybwoi

My comment will only address questions 1 and 2.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

CIC accepts IELTS General, not IELTS Academic, so you should register afresh for IELTS.

In the meantime, you may evaluate your credentials immediately. You only need to evaluate your highest qualification i.e. MSc.

Please take time to read through the first few pages of the thread diligently for the basics.

You may also wish to use the "Search" tool at the top of this page to look up the keywords of your other enquiries.

Cheers!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by eddycross(m): 8:36am On Apr 01, 2017
superchi:

I will give a contact in Exams and Records. Please inbox me a mcg. I don't think it will be good to put up his number here.

Hello Superchi,

Please can you help with the contact you have in University of Ibadan? I'm trying to get my bachelors' transcript at the moment. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by gogedda: 11:00am On Apr 01, 2017
eddycross:

Hello Superchi,

Please can you help with the contact you have in University of Ibadan? I'm trying to get my bachelors' transcript at the moment. Thanks.

I heard NASU is on strike in UI.. I have been trying to arrange for my Msc transcript... I tire o
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by perks: 11:32am On Apr 01, 2017
Hi Gurus, fantastic thread. I have really been educated on the express entry process. However, I have a question I would like clarification on. I intend applying together with my wife. But the thing is, we have not done change of name for her after our marriage. So her docs n intl passport still bears her maiden name. Can we go through the entire process and land in Canada without issues or do we need to do a change of name. Note we have our marriage certificate. Those with similar circumstance that have succeeded should kindly share their experience. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by merrymum: 12:44pm On Apr 01, 2017
40manlappy:

@wapu: I would suggest 0122 only if you are in a supervisory/managerial role e.g. Branch Manager, Marketing Unit Head, Team Lead, etc. Take a second look at your job function.

There is one NOC that seems to match "account officer" role more closely, can't remember it now.

Looping: merrymum, Beem4cupid

It's NOC 6235

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by merrymum: 12:47pm On Apr 01, 2017
perks:
Hi Gurus, fantastic thread. I have really been educated on the express entry process. However, I have a question I would like clarification on. I intend applying together with my wife. But the thing is, we have not done change of name for her after our marriage. So her docs n intl passport still bears her maiden name. Can we go through the entire process and land in Canada without issues or do we need to do a change of name. Note we have our marriage certificate. Those with similar circumstance that have succeeded should kindly share their experience. Thanks

I'm still using my maiden name and I'm the PA. Name doesn't matter to oyibo people o. It's your choice really. My hubby says no be my name go stall im Canny dream smiley so it's up to u.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MrsBee: 1:28pm On Apr 01, 2017
Hello house, as regards proof of funds, can the money be in fixed deposit/treasury bills/mutual funds or must it be in the bank for the six months period? Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by emiye(m): 1:51pm On Apr 01, 2017
esosa4real:

Thanks got the pcc sorted out. Pls how much did the Children consultant Hospital bill your spouse for medicals?
$28,050
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Samadict(f): 2:01pm On Apr 01, 2017
Hello house. Hubby checked his ielts result and made 6.0 overall (Listening 6.0, Reading 5.5, Writing 6.5, Speaking 6.5). He is the principal applicant and his twin is in Canada with his family (Permanent residents). Can we go on with the Express Entry application with this result or he takes the exam again? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:02pm On Apr 01, 2017
Adiahabasi:
You'll be fine. They have creches and preschools, a bit pricey but not something you won't be able to afford once you get a job. You'll also get monthly childcare benefits which would go a long way to assist with bills. They've got good welfare packages for their residents and citizens, so you'll definitely be fine. All the best in your ielts, prepare well.

Thanks a lot.

Please during the exam do I have the opportunity to repeat the audio in the listening test?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by crazyinlove: 2:22pm On Apr 01, 2017
wapu:

Thanks a lot.

Please during the exam do I have the opportunity to repeat the audio in the listening test?

No, the audio will be played only once.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by crazyinlove: 2:24pm On Apr 01, 2017
Hi Guys,

My hubby and I wrote the IELTS exam and we both made more than 6.5 and above in each bands. My overall is 7 while his is 7.5. I was wondering if it is allowed for apply separately using each other as spouse in each of the application.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by temitope06(m): 2:49pm On Apr 01, 2017
Samadict:
Hello house. Hubby checked his ielts result and made 6.0 overall (Listening 6.0, Reading 5.5, Writing 6.5, Speaking 6.5). He is the principal applicant and his twin is in Canada with his family (Permanent residents). Can we go on with the Express Entry application with this result or he takes the exam again? Thanks.

He has to take it again and aim for LRSW 8777. From June 6 tho, he can claim additional 15points with his brother being a Canadian PR. So if he can score 8777 in IELTS and claim 15 points in June y'all score shd be really good.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by penitential(m): 3:15pm On Apr 01, 2017
Hello house,
Please under the "trade certificate" in the CRS calculator, can somebody that has a certificate of competency in mobile crane operation answer yes to that part?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Samadict(f): 3:20pm On Apr 01, 2017
temitope06:

He has to take it again and aim for LRSW 8777. From June 6 tho, he can claim additional 15points with his brother being a Canadian PR. So if he can score 8777 in IELTS and claim 15 points in June y'all score shd be really good.
Thanks for the prompt response sir.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by addiecube: 4:13pm On Apr 01, 2017
Hello everybody, I must commend the great work done here, it is really helping lives. Hubby just registered for this CIC program and I have 2 questions. He studied microbiology in the university and he has like 8yrs work experience in IT.
My Questions
1, Will his 2171 NOC count due to his university degree?
2, Presently under his CIC profile his work experience is not awarded any points and we are kinda bothered about that.
Thank you all
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by eddycross(m): 4:19pm On Apr 01, 2017
gogedda:

I heard NASU is on strike in UI.. I have been trying to arrange for my Msc transcript... I tire o

Thanks gogedda.

I just searched the internet and saw the news. This one is problem oh.
So, we just have to sit and wait this one out...

undecided
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Thetherapist: 4:45pm On Apr 01, 2017
eddycross:

Thanks gogedda.

I just searched the internet and saw the news. This one is problem oh.
So, we just have to sit and wait this one out...

undecided

They've called off the strike. Its SSANU that is still on strike. So you can go ahead to process your transcript
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e2: 5:14pm On Apr 01, 2017
crazyinlove:
Hi Guys,

My hubby and I wrote the IELTS exam and we both made more than 6.5 and above in each bands. My overall is 7 while his is 7.5. I was wondering if it is allowed for apply separately using each other as spouse in each of the application.

hello.
you should both resit the exam and aim at 8777 in LSRW ....
when u get a better result,yes u can individually create an EE profile to await whoever gets an ITA first...
cheers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.