Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,836 members, 7,806,355 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (430) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2597301 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by byskoye: 2:44pm On May 06, 2017
[q7uote author=Java47 post=56256444]

I'm Not a banker but from what it's on CIC site it says balance of account over six months, doesn't this mean statement of account, i.e. transaction details: credits and debits? Or just a letter stating the balance with other info required?[/quote]

it means both letter and account statement
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by byskoye: 2:50pm On May 06, 2017
Spatz81:
Hello my people,

What would I avoid if don't include spouse's work experience in the work history session or what hassle might I be faced with if I include it?

Although I claimed no point for his work experience.

just put underpersonal experience.
Do not put under work experience
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by byskoye: 2:53pm On May 06, 2017
omesanni:

Please can someone help me with my question above. I really need to complete filling the form

please state you were refused both visit n study visa .no long explanation needed .us refusals are always a general paper
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Redaddict: 2:56pm On May 06, 2017
Bimpsy99:
Yes. Please evaluate his masters. Try replacing your own ietls scores with 8 in listening and 7/in the rest and dod him choose that he has masters. You would see how important the having the right score in ietls is. Prepare your mins to write again. If your spouse has less than 6 in any competency, he may need to retake it else it adds no point.

All the best

Wow! Thanks lot. The score jumped to 423 just by juggling the scores as you advised. It's just that writing another IELTS might be a challenge. I wish there was another way around this!
What if I write another test alone? Will that have any impact? Hubby doesn't have time to write another test and I wouldn't want to waste more time verifying his credentials if it can be avoided.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 3:58pm On May 06, 2017
Is 423 with his current ietls score? If yes he may not need to retake it. If no, then will loose a few marks less than 15marks. If he doesn't wanna rewrite it, u can rewrite and hope for a provincial nomination if ur score is above 400.

Redaddict:

Wow! Thanks lot. The score jumped to 423 just by juggling the scores as you advised. It's just that writing another IELTS might be a challenge. I wish there was another way around this!
What if I write another test alone? Will that have any impact? Hubby doesn't have time to write another test and I wouldn't want to waste more time verifying his credentials if it can be avoided.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Redaddict: 4:16pm On May 06, 2017
Bimpsy99:
Is 423 with his current ietls score? If yes he may not need to retake it. If no, then will loose a few marks less than 15marks. If he doesn't wanna rewrite it, u can rewrite and hope for a provincial nomination if ur score is above 400.

It's actually 426 with his current score but with my score juggled to reflect 8 in Listening and 7 in others. So, this mean the solution lies in me writing the test? Please any pointers on how to improve my score this second attempt?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tbaby2015: 4:17pm On May 06, 2017
flow2davis:
Hello people,

WES has reached my University to confirm my transcript. My concern is that I don't have my Degree Certificate yet.
Will they honour a Statement of Result?
Will WES and CIC accept a Statement of result in place of Certificate?
Transcript is ready.

Hi everyone. I'm officially posting for the first time on this thread. It has been great following the thread. Been a silent reader and I've gained a lot.
I had my ECA done with Statement of Result from school. What WES did was to send for a confirmation from the school alongside the transcript and it was accepted. I guess that helps.
Also, About Bank certificate, it's in two ways. Some Banks will kind of verify you as a customer, stating for how long your relationship with them has lasted but you can also request a certificate of balance which will state all your accounts with them and the balance over 6 months. I would suggest as others had earlier said that you request for the certificate of balance alongside d bank statement and avoid too much of huge deposits.
Hope this helps someone

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by perks: 5:22pm On May 06, 2017
Redaddict:

It's actually 426 with his current score but with my score juggled to reflect 8 in Listening and 7 in others. So, this mean the solution lies in me writing the test? Please any pointers on how to improve my score this second attempt?

Learned counsel, u ve ur pointers already. Ace ur IELTS wit LRWS=8777 minimum scores and u r in pole position to get ITA. wink

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ottawaboi: 6:16pm On May 06, 2017
Dear House,

something has been bothering me. All my funds are in 2 cooperatives societies. If i get an ITA today, and i ask them to liquidate the bulk funds into my bank account and back it up with a letter stating my relationship with the cooperative, will this raise an eyebrow?assuming like funds of 1m lumpsum each.

secondly, assuming my husband wants to send monies to my account for the purpose of POF and the said funds was liquidated from a cooperative society also. will he need to write a letter backing up the funds or will he need to show a letter stating that he has been saving for the POF to me? am a little confused because the funds from the other cooperative society is not in my name.

please help,thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by oohunt: 7:10pm On May 06, 2017
Landed seniors = successful PRs who have landed in Canada please share your stories in this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/3617393/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant

Please note, the thread is for those LIVING in Canada, to share their experiences for others to learn from.

All questions pertaining to visa, education, EE, ITA etc will be answered here please, not there.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by omesanni: 9:01pm On May 06, 2017
Hi,

I am currently uploading documents as I got ITA early this week. I am confused about the passport thing. The instructions in the checklist says that I should upload the bio-data page of my passport and any pages with stamps, visas or markings. Now my current passport is still fresh as I only got it last year and I haven't used it to travel out yet. I don't know if I should just upload only the biodata page.

All my visas and visa refusal stamps are in old passports dating back to 2005. I don't know if CIC wants me to include the pages of those stamps & visas in the old passports. I don't know what CIC's end game is with this. Are they trying to see the proof for the travel history we filled? If am to take the information in the image below literally, two keywords are to submit a valid travel document and the passport that I am going to use to travel. So it means any pages with visas should be from the new passport right?. But then again my mind is telling me to play it safe and not assume.

Someone please help me make a sense of this.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ottawaboi: 9:17pm On May 06, 2017
ottawaboi:
Dear House,

something has been bothering me. All my funds are in 2 cooperatives societies. If i get an ITA today, and i ask them to liquidate the bulk funds into my bank account and back it up with a letter stating my relationship with the cooperative, will this raise an eyebrow?assuming like funds of 1m lumpsum each.

secondly, assuming my husband wants to send monies to my account for the purpose of POF and the said funds was liquidated from a cooperative society also. will he need to write a letter backing up the funds or will he need to show a letter stating that he has been saving for the POF to me? am a little confused because the funds from the other cooperative society is not in my name.

please help,thanks

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:21pm On May 06, 2017
Redaddict:

So I just checked the CRS and it shows 362 points. Pleasec can the score be increased by verifying my husband's masters degree? Or what other thing can I do to increase our chances?
Still be juggling with the tool, until u see how to bump ur CRS.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:22pm On May 06, 2017
bigbroda:

Bros please explain the bank certificate thingy better. If IRCC doesn't require account statement, why are we always talking about gift deed/LOE to explain hugh deposits? What's usually d content of bank certificate and what's the criteria for getting it from most banks?
Go to IRCC site and peruse the proof of fund subsection.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bsaying(m): 9:30pm On May 06, 2017
bsaying:
good morning.... this thread is really a surprise to me... never knew something this good existed here..
I wanna travel to Canada.... I only have a waec certificate.... but I have a desire to study further there.. but I intend to work and then school there .....pls how possible is that?? and what are the requirements??

Pls I need an answer on this please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jimcollins136: 9:34pm On May 06, 2017
Please can someone who previously applied for FSW with a particular occupation (NOC1212) changes it to another one due to availability of the new occupation in PNP (NOC6235). Both functions are actually being performed by the person till date.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 9:39pm On May 06, 2017
omesanni:
Hi,

I am currently uploading documents as I got ITA early this week. I am confused about the passport thing. The instructions in the checklist says that I should upload the bio-data page of my passport and any pages with stamps, visas or markings. Now my current passport is still fresh as I only got it last year and I haven't used it to travel out yet. I don't know if I should just upload only the biodata page.

All my visas and visa refusal stamps are in old passports dating back to 2005. I don't know if CIC wants me to include the pages of those stamps & visas in the old passports. I don't know what CIC's end game is with this. Are they trying to see the proof for the travel history we filled? If am to take the information in the image below literally, two keywords are to submit a valid travel document and the passport that I am going to use to travel. So it means any pages with visas should be from the new passport right?. But then again my mind is telling me to play it safe and not assume.

Someone please help me make a sense of this.

Hi -

You should upload scanned (colored) copies of ALL your passport pages (i.e old + new passports). Leave out the blank pages and upload only pages with stamps and markings.

If you end up with a lot of pages that exceed the 4MB limit, then make use of pdf mergers / compressor / etc. on the internet.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 9:42pm On May 06, 2017
There is a separate thread for student visa, its ==>
https://www.nairaland.com/3315266/travelling-canada-part-11
. You can be well guided there.

bsaying:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 9:43pm On May 06, 2017
bsaying:

Hi -

One of the minimum requirement for federal skilled workers are:

(1) Skilled work experience -

You must have at least one year, in the last ten years before you submit your electronic application for permanent residence, of continuous full-time work experience (or the equivalent in continuous part-time work) in a skilled occupation listed in Skill Type 0, or Skill Level A or B of the 2011 version of Canada’s NOC.

I hope this answers your question...?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bsaying(m): 9:52pm On May 06, 2017
Ehrnie:

Hi -

You must have at least one year, in the last ten years before you submit your electronic application for permanent residence, of continuous full-time work experience (or the equivalent in continuous part-time work) in a skilled occupation listed in Skill Type 0, or Skill Level A or B of the 2011 version of Canada’s NOC.

thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by folamingo: 10:04pm On May 06, 2017
The information said Valid Travel Document that you will use to travel.

Unless the uploading all is just providing surplus to requirements.

Its a dicey one. I will appreciate seniors that have gotten PR to comment on this, so we don't end up uploading documents that have no impact on the application.

Ehrnie:

Hi -

You should upload scanned (colored) copies of ALL your passport pages (i.e old + new passports). Leave out the blank pages and upload only pages with stamps and markings.

If you end up with a lot of pages that exceed the 4MB limit, then make use of pdf mergers / compressor / etc. on the internet.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Arcayo: 10:13pm On May 06, 2017
First Application - November 27, 2015.
Refused
Reason - Purpose of visit, Travel history
Second Application - March 8, 2016.
Refused
Reason - Purpose of visit.
Applied for GCMS Note and got reply on 18th June 2016
Third Application - June 19, 2016.
Approved 30th August 2016
Intended program - Construction Management
School - Conestoga college
All applications were online
Application to SINP (PNP) - July 22nd 2016
Fourth Application (Permanent residency)- October 14th 2016
Medical Passed - Oct. 17th 2016
Additional Document request (Schedule 4) - Oct 20th 2016
PPR - May 5th 2017

Thank you guys I really appreciate you all for the useful information....i wish everyone success

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bsaying(m): 10:22pm On May 06, 2017
Ehrnie:

Hi -

thanks for the help..... Pls anyone willing to help me more in my application for the FSW, how to go about it..... I will gladly like to talk personally.. like on a call with the person so I understand better... thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:28pm On May 06, 2017

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by IamIye: 10:31pm On May 06, 2017
Hello house,

I submitted my application 2 weeks ago and I have gotten the AOR. I'd like to know if there's a way to confirm what visa office my application was sent to?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 10:36pm On May 06, 2017
Congrats @Arcayo cheesy

Wish you smooth landing in advance.

Please stay in touch with this thread so that we can learn from your experiences.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:46pm On May 06, 2017
bsaying:

thanks for the help..... Pls anyone willing to help me more in my application for the FSW, how to go about it..... I will gladly like to talk personally.. like on a call with the person so I understand better... thanks
And cash..agent fee.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by omesanni: 11:12pm On May 06, 2017
Arcayo:
First Application - November 27, 2015.
Refused
Reason - Purpose of visit, Travel history
Second Application - March 8, 2016.
Refused
Reason - Purpose of visit.
Applied for GCMS Note and got reply on 18th June 2016
Third Application - June 19, 2016.
Approved 30th August 2016
Intended program - Construction Management
School - Conestoga college
All applications were online
Application to SINP (PNP) - July 22nd 2016
Fourth Application (Permanent residency)- October 14th 2016
Medical Passed - Oct. 17th 2016
Additional Document request (Schedule 4) - Oct 20th 2016
PPR - May 5th 2017

Thank you guys I really appreciate you all for the useful information....i wish everyone success

Hi,
Please why did CIC reject your PR application because of Purpose of visit, Travel history. Just trying to make I don't make any mistakes in my own case.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 11:15pm On May 06, 2017
I 'heart' you.
elfmann:

And cash..agent fee.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:16pm On May 06, 2017
Any Uniport graduate dat did WES evaluation in d house? 0

Honestly these WES guyz are giving me headache abi na UNIPORT ni.

I already paid WES and also sorted out my Uniport transcript sending. About 2 weeks ago, my status on WES website changed to 'documents recieved, review in progress'. I knew they use about 20 business days to complete review, I just decided to mail them yesterday complaining dat I was yet to hear from them on my credentials evaluation and I got d mail below from them:

Dear Applicant,

University of Port Harcourt has sent the attached form requesting a fee in order to verify the authenticity of your credentials.

PLEASE SEND YOUR PAYMENT DIRECTLY TO University of Port Harcourt.

Your evaluation is on hold until WES receives a written response from University of Port Harcourt.

What's dis crap about? Does anyone understand dis? Still wondering why they didn't even tell me dis until I mailed them yesterday.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jimcollins136: 11:36pm On May 06, 2017
Hello House,

Please can someone who previously applied for FSW with a particular occupation (NOC1212) changes it to another one due to availability of the new occupation in PNP (NOC6235). Both functions are actually being performed by the person till date.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dammysanmi(m): 11:41pm On May 06, 2017
WES is synonymous with crappy customer service, especailly for Nigerian Universities. Simply pay the required fees to your school and get someone from UNIPORT to monitor the response and mail/tweet WES till they complete evaluation.

bigbroda:
Any Uniport graduate dat did WES evaluation in d house? 0

Honestly these WES guyz are giving me headache abi na UNIPORT ni.

I already paid WES and also sorted out my Uniport transcript sending. About 2 weeks ago, my status on WES website changed to 'documents recieved, review in progress'. I knew they use about 20 business days to complete review, I just decided to mail them yesterday complaining dat I was yet to hear from them on my credentials evaluation and I got d mail below from them:

Dear Applicant,

University of Port Harcourt has sent the attached form requesting a fee in order to verify the authenticity of your credentials.

PLEASE SEND YOUR PAYMENT DIRECTLY TO University of Port Harcourt.

Your evaluation is on hold until WES receives a written response from University of Port Harcourt.

What's dis crap about? Does anyone understand dis? Still wondering why they didn't even tell me dis until I mailed them yesterday.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.