Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,710 members, 7,802,149 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:52 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (466) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2593516 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kenth1: 2:34pm On May 19, 2017
Hi Zandora,

Thank you for the encouragement.

Please I need your advice concerning paying the application fee when submitting the ITA. All my payment attempts have been failing since two weeks now. I have called my bank but they confirmed that nothing is wrong with the card.

@MummyJgirls have you submitted your application yet? Did your payment go through?

@dupyshoo, @Babachi, @40manlappy Please, your contributions are all welcome.

zandora:
I just want to apologise to you all for the silence. You know how stressful bank jobs are and by the time I get home I don't even feel like doing anything else except sleeping. Also, for some reason I was finding it very difficult to login because I couldn't remember my login details.

For everyone who has received their PR's I just want to say a huge congratulations! For those of you who are still on the journey don't worry, you'll get there sooner than you know and in the end it'll be worth it.

Oh and one more thing, if you're already here in Canada and are still job hunting and your experience is in the financial services industry, let me know so I can give you some interview tips and tricks. Trust me, many of the interview questions they ask are constantly repeated.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 2:36pm On May 19, 2017
molly14:
Good day MummyJaygirls

pls did u also do ur PCC in Abuja. pls can u help with the contact

I did PCC in Lagos
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 2:39pm On May 19, 2017
Kenth1:
Hi Zandora,

Please I need your advice concerning paying the application fee when submitting the ITA. All my payment attempts have been failing since two weeks now. I have called my bank but they confirmed that nothing is wrong with the card.

@MummyJgirls have you submitted your application yet? Did your payment go through?

Yes I've paid, but didn't use naija card. However people have been using Gtbank dollar cards
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Hope15: 2:39pm On May 19, 2017
zandora:
I just want to apologise to you all for the silence. You know how stressful bank jobs are and by the time I get home I don't even feel like doing anything else except sleeping. Also, for some reason I was finding it very difficult to login because I couldn't remember my login details.

For everyone who has received their PR's I just want to say a huge congratulations! For those of you who are still on the journey don't worry, you'll get there sooner than you know and in the end it'll be worth it.

Oh and one more thing, if you're already here in Canada and are still job hunting and your experience is in the financial services industry, let me know so I can give you some interview tips and tricks. Trust me, many of the interview questions they ask are constantly repeated.

Good luck!

Great to have you back.
Please which province is really good for banking/financial services jobs? All?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iyke79e: 2:47pm On May 19, 2017
Kenth1:
Hi Zandora,

Hi.
I paid using my zenith dollar card and it went through effortlessly.
Try and make sure the amount u have is above the require minimum USD after u ve done d conversion from CAD to USD .
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iyke79e: 2:51pm On May 19, 2017
zandora:

Good luck!

So happy to have u with us once again.
Your sacrificial contributions on this thread is far reaching.
God bless and keep you always.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gereal: 2:59pm On May 19, 2017
yungreezy:
guys, please has anyone here used ETX-NG to process transcripts from his or her institution to be sent to IQAS or WES?

I need to know if they are reliable and their delivery time.

etx ng are a bunch of useless thieves. i would strongly advice that you either go to your school and pursue your transcript process or better still get someone there to do it for you. i applied with them for my transcript from UNIBEN however after 2 months, i had to travel down to Benin myself to know the status, it was then i discovered that all etx did was to apply and didnt follow up. the letter of application was still in exams and records and had not been sent to the faculty or processing. i had to start the process myself and finally got my transcript out after an 3weeks. imagine if i had just done it myself from the start would have saved myself all that headache. anyways depends on your school. if u know anyone who has successfully used them from your school well you can go ahead but if you are from UNIBEN please go and do it yourself.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Demo213: 3:01pm On May 19, 2017
@miella
I totally agree with you.

If one does not have the patience to read from page 0-50, how will you endure to wait for 6-months post eAPR? You will nearly jump out of your skin, trust me.

miella:

Hello Sir,

I want you to note that the fact that you were told to read page 0-50 is for your own benefit. And I think you are wrong by saying 70 percent is all about WES evaluation. This permanent residency journey is a journey of PATIENCE and PERSEVERANCE and one has to have in depth knowledge in order not to make any mistake. I'm not yet in the pool but I read page 0 to the last page when I joined this thread. Was it easy? NO! Was it worth it? 100% YES! I know a lot of information about both PRE-ITA and POST-ITA. Yes, I know we are all different and have different schedules but as a management student, I know the importance of planning and having in depth knowledge about something before starting.

I just had to respond because you kept on referring to the person that told you to read page 0-50.

May it end in praise for all of us.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Remxyj: 3:21pm On May 19, 2017
Hello House....
I'm expected to pay 1100cad for my application . Please how much US dollar should I deposit in my dom account. Don't know how to do the maths.

Secondly is the only acceptable gift deeds from family alone. Can a non relative work?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Chinnie4Jesus: 3:23pm On May 19, 2017
Kenth1:
Hi Zandora,

Hi, I think the problem might be the amount in the card. Try and increase the amount in the card and it just might work. It happened to me, I had already calculated and converted from Usd to Cad and that was the money I had in my card but when it bounced like twice and the bank told me nothing was wrong. I increased the amount and my payment went through. You should give this a shot.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by studyexec: 4:46pm On May 19, 2017
Remxyj:
Hello House....
I'm expected to pay 1100cad for my application . Please how much US dollar should I deposit in my dom account. Don't know how to do the maths.

Secondly is the only acceptable gift deeds from family alone. Can a non relative work?

Using Oanda.com, its about US$ 807.807.
However you may need to add extra funds for possible differences in conversion rates and related charges depending on how you are transferring the funds, e.g. whether its by card or wire transfer. Perhaps additional US$50 - 100 should be more than enough.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kenth1: 5:29pm On May 19, 2017
@iyke79e thanx for your response.

Did you pay both the PR fee and RPRF or just the PR fee only?

iyke79e:

Hi.
I paid using my zenith dollar card and it went through effortlessly.
Try and make sure the amount u have is above the require minimum USD after u ve done d conversion from CAD to USD .
Cheers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kenth1: 5:50pm On May 19, 2017
Thank you.

Did you pay the RPRF as well.

Chinnie4Jesus:

Hi, I think the problem might be the amount in the card. Try and increase the amount in the card and it just might work. It happened to me, I had already calculated and converted from Usd to Cad and that was the money I had in my card but when it bounced like twice and the bank told me nothing was wrong. I increased the amount and my payment went through. You should give this a shot.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kenth1: 5:51pm On May 19, 2017
Ok. Thank you.

MummyJaygirls:

Yes I've paid, but didn't use naija card. However people have been using Gtbank dollar cards
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gymme(m): 5:57pm On May 19, 2017
The steps you need to take are:

-Evaluate your MBBS with MCC (physiciansapply.ca) and get your ECA report
-Do other requirements for Express Entry (write IELTS, proof of funds, reference letter, etc)
-Write the first MCC exam (called MCCEE)* or WAIT till you get to Canada.

After all and sundry, you land in Canada. The next step is to write the remaining MCC exams (MCCQE1 and MCCQE2) to be able to practice as a Family Physician/General Physician. Some provinces may give you a JOB OFFER after passing only MCCEE and/or MCCQE1 with your past work experience.

However, if you want to do residency, you need to write MCCEE and NAC, and also apply for the Canadian Resident Matching Service (CaRMS). Check and browse through: http://www.carms.ca/en/match-process/your-application/your-carms-contract/r-1-match/

*MCCEE can be written in some countries outside Canada

emelueobi:
Hello, am new to this thread. Am a medical doctor (MBBS) with 3 years post qualification work experience. Am considering migrating to canada through the express entry route, Medicine and Surgery is a professional course, I know i need to write Canadian professional exam to get a practicing licence. Is it difficult to get a practicing licence, and how easy can I get a job offer in Canada. What are the steps i need to take. Thanks

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Uglyduckling: 6:41pm On May 19, 2017
Gymme:

-Do other requirements for Express Entry (write IELTS, proof of funds, reference letter, etc)

After all and sundry, you land in Canada. The next step is to write the remaining MCC exams (MCCQE1 and MCCQE2) to be able to practice as a Family Physician/General Physician. Some provinces may give you a JOB OFFER after passing only MCCEE and/or MCCQE1 with your past work experience.

However, if you want to do residency, you need to write MCCEE and NAC, and also apply for the Canadian Resident Matching Service (CaRMS). Check and browse through: http://www.carms.ca/en/match-process/your-application/your-carms-contract/r-1-match/

Hello. Can I send you a pm? I've been trying to get more information for MCCEE with little success as most persons only know about PLAB and USMLE.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nievel: 7:24pm On May 19, 2017
Hello please can you explain what you mean by 12 months not being up to One year or 365 days?
I think people have used nysc experience which is 12 months and no issue. I need to understand your calculation please cuz I'm using nysc experience November 2008 to November 2009 need to be sure. Thanx.

damidamsel:
Hi All....
Please i have a few questions. I have just a few days about 5days left to submit my application as i just got my FBI PCC. However in going through my application to ensure no problem,I realized i have to change the noc code for 2 of my experiences as a different noc code fits better...changing from 1311 to 1431. The noc code that now fits better is under category C.
1) Can i change the noc codes
2) These jobs are not under my primary occupation, so will changing them to an noc code under category C affect my application?
3) I realized that for the work experience i intended to use as my primary occupation, i have only 12months (not up to 365 days) of experience noc 1112 category A but realized it has to be over 365days to be counted as a year. I intend to change the primary occupation to noc 1221 category B for which i have 2years in part time. Pls can i change this?
4) Do i go ahead with all the above or just create a new profile and hopefully expect to receive a new ITA in the next draw. My CRS was 456
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ltee: 7:39pm On May 19, 2017
Gymme:

Great contributions bro.
I like to ask further my wife is a dentist and we looking forward to ppr, please what is the route to registration for her.
Looking forward to your kind advice.
Regards
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Arcayo: 7:43pm On May 19, 2017
40manlappy:

Since you should get ITA today, I don't think you have to worry too much. Start gathering documents so that if possible, you can submit before your birthday. I have read something similar somewhere but I am not sure if it was upon ITA or AOR but I suggest you play safe.

cc: Babachi, LordSebastian, debbiejosh, Beem4cupid, merrymum, Demo213, boldinc, Arcayo, Adiahabasi, SlowlybtSurely
He is only save once he submit application (after AOR), Same thing applies to IELTS expiration, if the expiration date is tomorrow and application submitted today you are save

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 7:50pm On May 19, 2017
yungreezy:
guys, please has anyone here used ETX-NG to process transcripts from his or her institution to be sent to IQAS or WES?

I need to know if they are reliable and their delivery time.
I used them and they delivered. But it depends on your school, if the transcript staff are lazy and tip requesting,it'll be a long thing. However,If they are official and hard working it'll go through in no time.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by damidamsel: 7:53pm On May 19, 2017
Nievel:
Hello please can you explain what you mean by 12 months not being up to One year or 365 days?
I think people have used nysc experience which is 12 months and no issue. I need to understand your calculation please cuz I'm using nysc experience November 2008 to November 2009 need to be sure. Thanx.

My experience isn't even up to 12 months as its Jan 5 - Dec 18. I read somewhere that they will count the days and this gives me 349days
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sehawale: 8:03pm On May 19, 2017
damidamsel:
Hi All....
Please i have a few questions. I have just a few days about 5days left to submit my application as i just got my FBI PCC. However in going through my application to ensure no problem,I realized i have to change the noc code for 2 of my experiences as a different noc code fits better...changing from 1311 to 1431. The noc code that now fits better is under category C.
1) Can i change the noc codes
2) These jobs are not under my primary occupation, so will changing them to an noc code under category C affect my application?
3) I realized that for the work experience i intended to use as my primary occupation, i have only 12months (not up to 365 days) of experience noc 1112 category A but realized it has to be over 365days to be counted as a year. I intend to change the primary occupation to noc 1221 category B for which i have 2years in part time. Pls can i change this?
4) Do i go ahead with all the above or just create a new profile and hopefully expect to receive a new ITA in the next draw. My CRS was 456

Congrats on receiving FBI PCC finally. Please how long did it take you to get it? I see 8 to 10 weeks processing time on their website? Did you get it earlier than that?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by olasmiles: 8:11pm On May 19, 2017
Hello house. Please I need more clarifications on somethings. My NOC skill level is C (call centre ccr) but on using the eligibility questionnaire via http://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/eapp/eapp.do , I got a feedback that I may be eligible for EE, I am a bit confused. Also, I would like to know which is preferable BTW EE and PNP, because v gone through this thread a bit, it's obvious a lot of people prefer EE, does that mean PNP has any disadvantage if I may ask. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gymme(m): 8:13pm On May 19, 2017
That's true, most people in the country only talk about USMLE and PLAB. Yes you can send pm about the exams, etc. But if it is about PR process, you can ask questions here so that others will contribute and benefit.

Uglyduckling:
Hello. Can I send you a pm? I've been trying to get more information for MCCEE with little success as most persons only know about PLAB and USMLE.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gymme(m): 8:34pm On May 19, 2017
I know little about Foreign Trained Dentist in Canada. There is no specific information about getting ECA from the licensing body as far as i know. You may want to phone/email a province (https://www.cda-adc.ca/cdacweb/en/about_CDAC/related_organizations/) about the requirements and process.

ltee:

Great contributions bro.
I like to ask further my wife is a dentist and we looking forward to ppr, please what is the route to registration for her.
Looking forward to your kind advice.
Regards
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by perks: 8:42pm On May 19, 2017
Arcayo:

He is only save once he submit application (after AOR), Same thing applies to IELTS expiration, if the expiration date is tomorrow and application submitted today you are save

Dats not correct. There's a legal exception for decline in CRS points due to age after ITA but before AOR. See one of my previous post where I included d link.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Arcayo: 8:51pm On May 19, 2017
perks:

Dats not correct. There's a legal exception for decline in CRS points due to age after ITA but before AOR. See one of my previous post where I included d link.
I hear you, you will understand better if you apply for GCMS note and see how the calculations are done, it clearly mention if age changes before AOR...
seen http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/laws-policy/exempt-applicants-pr.asp
but still better for him to submit asap if all documents are ready

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 9:05pm On May 19, 2017
optionese:

LOL sorry I found this funny. For those who have not started their ECA yet, IQAS still has a better return time. For those using IQAS they don't do email or twitter so you have to call them at least once a week.

Am back to say that this statement still holds water. My sister's timeline

All documents got to IQAS on the 20th April
Acknowledgement and documents placed in line for processing 3rd May
ECA 19th May

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 9:08pm On May 19, 2017
olasmiles:
Hello house. Please I need more clarifications on somethings. My NOC skill level is C (call centre ccr) but on using the eligibility questionnaire via http://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/eapp/eapp.do , I got a feedback that I may be eligible for EE, I am a bit confused. Also, I would like to know which is preferable BTW EE and PNP, because v gone through this thread a bit, it's obvious a lot of people prefer EE, does that mean PNP has any disadvantage if I may ask. Thank you

The PNP usually takes a longer time. EE is preferable.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by olajide21: 9:27pm On May 19, 2017
I have paid WES since 6th of March and Notting yet. "Still waiting for bla bla bla from institution. Iqas seems better sha
optionese:

Am back to say that this statement still holds water. My sister's timeline

All documents got to IQAS on the 20th April
Acknowledgement and documents placed in line for processing 3rd May
ECA 19th May

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 9:30pm On May 19, 2017
olajide21:
I have paid WES since 6th of March and Notting yet. "Still waiting for bla bla bla from institution. Iqas seems better sha

LOL sorry o

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by olasmiles: 10:03pm On May 19, 2017
optionese:

The PNP usually takes a longer time. EE is preferable.

I thought it's the other way round

(1) (2) (3) ... (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.