Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,023 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (515) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2593350 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 9:24pm On Jun 06, 2017
optionese:

Sis please reply my question above.

Oh sorry didn't see it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 9:27pm On Jun 06, 2017
optionese:

In the documents to upload there is a place for "legal name change" what did you upload there?

I have different names on my certificates and I had sworn an affidavit claiming they are all d same, so that's what I uploaded also newspaper publication

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 9:34pm On Jun 06, 2017
optionese:
Please those that have name change (read as married women) what documents did you upload for name change place holder considering there is already a space for marriage certificate and passport. Is the person suppose to upload the marriage certificate again in that space? @vcole @dupyshoo

I think that option comes out if u claim to have used another name, like for me I stated I have used other names cos on my cert my first name was shortened and also my middle was used as first name.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Faky201: 9:50pm On Jun 06, 2017
Lol
MummyJaygirls:

Happy birthday Tope, hope you don submit cos na minus 5 points go be ur birthday gift o grin

Enjoy ur day!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by charlfay: 9:51pm On Jun 06, 2017
Good evening good people of nairaland. I have read from page 0-the last page, Please I have a question.

How do one classify job experience that is not up to three years but more than 2years (say 2years n 4months) . Do I put it as 2years or 3years?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Boss13: 9:53pm On Jun 06, 2017
How do you prove your work experience?

Proving your work experience is rarely as simple as it would seem. Even people who’ve worked for one company for the past ten years have probably held different job titles or even worked for different divisions. Who should write the letter? What should it contain?
Many of us have gaps in our employment history, worked for our own companies, or were freelance workers. What if a company went out of business? How do you account for this? There are a lot of questions that come up when talking about how to verify your employment experience.
Thankfully, while the IRCC website doesn’t give the clear instructions for non-traditional employees that we might like, these things won’t disqualify you from moving to Canada as a skilled worker using Express Entry.

Your letter of reference
Your work verification letter should be written by either a member of your company human resources department or your supervisor.
The letter should be written on company letterhead and a business card for the person writing the letter should be attached. The author of the letter should sign it and include their full name and title. The full address, telephone number, email address, and website should all be on the letter, although this is typically included in the letterhead. If your company has an official seal, be sure to get the letter stamped. Don’t forget to include their business card.

If you’ve had multiple positions within the same company, you can either have separate letters for each position or include the relevant information (title, responsibilities, and dates) for each position you’ve held included in the same letter.
Your employer is probably used to being asked for character references. While the IRCC will be happy to know you’re a good employee and an upstanding citizen, they’re more interested in your job duties.

The letter should contain:
- Your legal name as it appears on your Express Entry profile and identity documents
- The full name, job title, and contact information for the person writing the letter
- Your official job title
- Your hire date and either that you are still employed there or the date you stopped working there
- The average number of hours worked per week
- Your salary, hourly rate, or other payment information
- Benefits included in your salary or in addition to your salary
- A detailed description of your responsibilities

You may find it helpful to provide a draft of the letter to your company to ensure that the letter contains all of the information needed.
Just like you may tailor your resume for a specific job posting, you can tailor your job description to ensure that it matches your NOC code. The person assessing your application may not be familiar with the jargon of your field, so make sure it’s easy for them to see that there’s a match between your role and the NOC code you’re applying under.

Don’t just copy/paste the NOC code description into the letter. You need to provide a description of your work responsibiliites that is customized to your position that incorporates key phrases and terms from the NOC code. Remember that your official job title is less important than the description of your role.

16 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 9:56pm On Jun 06, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

I have different names on my certificates and I had sworn an affidavit claiming they are all d same, so that's what I uploaded also newspaper publication
Ok thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Boss13: 9:56pm On Jun 06, 2017
When you can’t get a verification letter

What happens if you can’t get a work verification letter? Or if your company will not include all of the required information in the letter? You simply need to provide additional documents to ensure the people assessing your application will be able to feel you have demonstrated your work history.

Some companies have policies forbidding them from providing salary information or other details in a letter, meaning they can’t provide you the letter the IRCC is asking for. You can use additional documentation to fill in the gaps.
The IRCC has made it very clear that it is the applicant’s responsibility to demonstrate their work history to the satisfaction of the person assessing your application. The less clear your work history is, the more likely your application is to be delayed while you provide additional documentation or denied outright.

Provide additional documentation

I had one former employer provide me with a letter that lacked the required information. I provided their letter with additional documents to fill in the gaps and provide the information the IRCC is looking for.

- The original job posting
- Your original offer letter
- Employment contracts
- Printouts from the company intranet showing your role
- Emails confirming your role
- Tax forms (W-2, 1099, T4)
- Paystubs
- Bank statements (showing your salary being deposited)
- Former proof of employment letters
- Old reference letters
- Company newsletters that mention you
- Pictures of you at work
- Letters from coworkers or clients

If a company has gone out of business, you can contact your former supervisor or another former company executive to write a letter stating that the company is no longer active and verifying your employment. In this case, it’s advisable to provide additional documentation.
If you are unable to provide any letter at all, write a letter of your own explaining why. Provide any evidence you can to demonstrate your work history and corroborate your explanation.

- Newspaper articles showing that the company has shut down
- Obituary for your former supervisor
- Screenshots from the company website showing that they are no longer in business
- Bankruptcy filings
- Publicly available legal documents showing the company is no longer active

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Boss13: 9:58pm On Jun 06, 2017
When you were self-employed

The IRCC recognizes that many people today work for their own companies or do freelance work. This won’t hold you back from immigrating through Express Entry.

Provide a letter explaining that you were self employed and providing a detailed description of the services you provide(d). If your services changed over time, include this information.You should include reference letters from clients to verify this information. These reference letters should follow the same format as the standard letters above.

You should include any additional documentation, such as:

- Client contracts
- Proof of payment from clients or vendors
- Business registration paperwork
- Tax filings
- Screenshots of your website or promotional materials

What work needs to be documented?

It’s very important to document the previous three years of work experience. Any other work experience related to the NOC code you’re applying under should also be documented to the best of your ability. Insufficient proof of your work history can get your Express Entry application rejected. The meaning of ‘sufficient’ proof is subjective. It’s up to the person assessing your application to decide how much is enough to decide you should get PR.

For work that’s not relevant to your current NOC code, you can relax a little bit with documentation. My advice is to make sure you have paperwork to verify that the information you provided in your work history is true. If work history is irrelevant to your current job and long ago, you can worry less about making sure everything is documented thoroughly.

If you’re the accompanying spouse, you should still provide documentation for any relevant work history. However, a poorly documented work history of a spouse is less likely to lead to your application being delayed or rejected.

Do you need to spend weeks tracking down a supervisor from that closed down company you worked for 7 years ago in a completely unrelated job? Probably not. However, it’s safer to go the extra mile and provide solid documentation, rather than have your application rejected. It pays off to have kept those old pay stubs and contracts.

While it was a hassle to get letters from former employers and clients, it was a positive experience overall. It was nice to get in touch with former coworkers and supervisors. It led to some really nice catch-up phone calls and a couple lunches.

http://15miles.info/verifying-work-history-canada-express-entry/

13 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jun 06, 2017

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by toyogirl: 10:10pm On Jun 06, 2017
Huh? ? Wow!

miella:

I think this means if there is a tie in the CRS score, the tied candidates will be ranked automatically based on the date they submitted their profile. For example, if the CRS score for a particular draw is 405, not everybody that has a CRS score of 405 will receive ITA (note those with CRS score 406 and above will receive ITA for that particular draw). But the candidates with CRS score of 405 will be ranked and they will now be selected based on how long they have been in the pool.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jun 06, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jun 06, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jun 06, 2017

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jun 06, 2017
miella:

I think this means if there is a tie in the CRS score, the tied candidates will be ranked automatically based on the date they submitted their profile. For example, if the CRS score for a particular draw is 405, not everybody that has a CRS score of 405 will receive ITA (note those with CRS score 406 and above will receive ITA for that particular draw). But the candidates with CRS score of 405 will be ranked and they will now be selected based on how long they have been in the pool.

miella:

Well, I think that is the meaning of the CRS tie. Other people can also expatiate on it

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/express-entry.asp

The excerpt below from cic website shows you are right...the rule of first in time

Notice: Amendments have been made to the Ministerial Instructions for the Express Entry Application Management System and came into force on June 6, 2017. The Ministerial Instructions were modified to:

Add a new approach to rank candidates with the same Comprehensive Ranking System score:
The Express Entry system will continue to rank candidates by their CRS score, but where a CRS tie exists, all tied candidates will then be ranked based on the date and time they submitted their Express Entry profile.

Determination of rank required for invitation

(3) The determination as to whether a foreign national occupies the rank required in order to be issued an invitation under paragraph 10.2(1)(b) of the Act is to be made using

(a) the number of points assigned to the foreign national under the Comprehensive Ranking System; and
(b) if more than one foreign national has been assigned the same number of points under the Comprehensive Ranking System, the date and time the expression of interest was submitted, as recorded in the Express Entry System.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by charlfay: 11:09pm On Jun 06, 2017
miella:

It is 2 years

Ok, thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Michaelbay: 11:51pm On Jun 06, 2017
miella:

Well, I think he is processing his study permit and not express entry

miella is right wink

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jun 06, 2017

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Faky201: 3:05am On Jun 07, 2017
Optionese, I see u are using a gift deed.
I am the principal applicant and my mum sent the pof to my spouse from her company account and he forwarded it to me.

The question now is do I just need a gift deed from her saying that she gave us and is it ok that she sent it from her company account t.

optionese:

Hi your marital issues seem fresh. I will try to understand your dilemma and offer a way forward

1.if you haven't done your IELTS and eca start now.

2.if you are unsure of what to do ie divorce or separation now fill your express entry form and apply as married. I see you have an MBA. If you are less than 32 you should get 428 with a score of 8777 on your IELTS.

3.when you get your ITA, you have 90 days to either get a divorce/separation or convince your husband to do medicals and police report.

4. You should seek cousel before starting this process considering your present situation. I recommend FIDA it's an umbrella for female lawyers. Ask your lawyer friends to give you a contact
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Faky201: 3:07am On Jun 07, 2017
Optionese I see u are using a gift deed.
I am the principal applicant and my mum sent the pof to my spouse from her company account and he forwarded it to me.

The question now is do I just need a gift deed from her saying that she gave us and is it ok that she sent it from her company account t.

Seniors please contribute
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by pelmmy: 4:36am On Jun 07, 2017
Morning all, nice thread. Read thru some of the comments and was really impressed with hw well pple are informed about this Canny dream, as for me I'm awaiting PPR, but really nice seeing some constructive comments here. Kudos to u all

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by pelmmy: 4:42am On Jun 07, 2017
Wumiadeaj:
I used this link to calculate my likely CRS score and i got the same thing when I chose 3 options(married/separated/divorced/single), am wondering what happened?

There is no way u cud av arrived at d same point if u did the rite thing Wunmi. To start with, which browser did u use, dat goes a long way in determining hw CIC website responds. Secondly, did u click on calculate after altering any value within the questionnaire?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JESUnifemi4eva: 5:13am On Jun 07, 2017
He is a non-accompanying dependant so please relax, do your bit and pray for your application to be favourable.

Wumiadeaj:
Thanks, what of if the partner gave information that he worked somewhere on his US visa application back then but the wife who is a principal partner for Canadian express entry does not indicate he worked in that place but instead indicates he worked in another place where he actually worked before. While sharing information with US embassy, can this cause an issue for the principal partner.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JESUnifemi4eva: 5:36am On Jun 07, 2017
Hi Optionese

You can upload the newspaper publication for change of name (please star your name) and a copy of your marriage certificate.

optionese:
Please those that have name change (read as married women) what documents did you upload for name change place holder considering there is already a space for marriage certificate and passport. Is the person suppose to upload the marriage certificate again in that space? @vcole @dupyshoo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 5:56am On Jun 07, 2017
pelmmy:
Morning all, nice thread. Read thru some of the comments and was really impressed with hw well pple are informed about this Canny dream, as for me I'm awaiting PPR, but really nice seeing some constructive comments here. Kudos to u all

Congrats in advance for your PPR. Please share your timeline with us smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bbaby84(f): 5:56am On Jun 07, 2017
IELTS results for the 25th May 2017

PA (Hubby)
L 8.5
R 7.5
W 7.5
S 8.0

Mine
L 8
R 8
W 7.5
S 8.5

WES evaluation completed on June 2

We are diving into the pool immediately.
Thank you everyone! I've learnt almost everything from here ( I do my research here and there but the wealth of information here is fantastic)

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 6:19am On Jun 07, 2017
bbaby84:
IELTS results for the 25th May 2017

PA (Hubby)
L 8.5
R 7.5
W 7.5
S 8.0

Mine
L 8
R 8
W 7.5
S 8.5

WES evaluation completed on June 2

We are diving into the pool immediately.
Thank you everyone! I've learnt almost everything from here ( I do my research here and there but the wealth of information here is fantastic)

Congratulations! Dive, infact, plunge into the pool immediately cheesy

@vcole You are sighted! wink

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ysmd: 6:32am On Jun 07, 2017
Hello house,

Still filling the EE forms .Do i have to fill my spouse Work experience or just put it as a no (that he has no work experience). Will putting a no imply a misrepresentation?

Kindly advise me
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bbaby84(f): 7:00am On Jun 07, 2017
40manlappy:

Congratulations! Dive, infact, plunge into the pool immediately cheesy

@vcole You are sighted! wink

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Qwertyasdf: 7:02am On Jun 07, 2017
Good morning everyone, I want to apply for WES evaluation but I have my Degree statement of result. Can I use my statement of result for WES evaluation?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ENGRDUDU89(m): 7:10am On Jun 07, 2017
Pls who have the twitter handle of ielts or phone number, I want to complain to them about my ielts exam payment.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ekinado: 7:11am On Jun 07, 2017
Qwertyasdf:
Good morning everyone, I want to apply for WES evaluation but I have my Degree statement of result. Can I use my statement of result for WES evaluation?
Yes you can, hope your transcript is ready?

(1) (2) (3) ... (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.