Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,553 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (526) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2597372 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 6:25pm On Jun 08, 2017
People of God now am getting worried. I haven't been able to access my account for 3 day now. The 503 error still there, is there any body's account still like that?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 6:30pm On Jun 08, 2017
optionese:
People of God now am getting worried. I haven't been able to access my account for 3 day now. The 503 error still there, is there any body's account still like that?

I was able to log in this morning, but I know some people are still having issues. Someone suggested using internet explorer but me I used Firefox, just try all browsers, one will work.

PS- the cic page still has the information on slow working of the site, I'm sure they will give allowance to affected applicants who can not meet deadline. Keep calm
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iwillrejoice: 6:32pm On Jun 08, 2017
Zilifish:

What materials did u practice with? Any useful tips for intending writers?
To be honest,there are loads of materials on YouTube,which can help. Another thing is,practice and practice even when you don't feel like it.

Use ieltsbuddy.com,ieltsliz ,many of them,find the one that suits you and run with it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ENGRDUDU89(m): 6:34pm On Jun 08, 2017
Gurus in the house, pls I need your advice

I paid for the ielts exam on Monday evening using online bank transfer, I cross-check all the instructions to perfection ,up till now they have not acknowledge my payment. I contacted the British office(Ielts)through email and twitter they kept replying that they will get back to me. I really hope my money Neva enter voicemail ooo....... Pls any suggestions

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 6:37pm On Jun 08, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

I was able to log in this morning, but I know some people are still having issues. Someone suggested using internet explorer but me I used Firefox, just try all browsers, one will work.

PS- the cic page still has the information on slow working of the site, I'm sure they will give allowance to affected applicants who can not meet deadline. Keep calm

I have used 2 phones one laptop. I used Chrome. Let me try using UC Browser
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dtaminator: 6:40pm On Jun 08, 2017
Nony1:

I called iqas and they said that the equivalence of Advanced level certificate in canada is high school diploma. what do you suggest?

Hello,

Evaluate only your B.Sc, you wont get points for the Cambridge A levels if IQAS says it's the equivalent of a Canadian high school diploma. If you are above 30 years of age, you are likely to have over 3 years work experience, you would be fine with a good ielts score and your B.Sc and work experience. if you have less than 3 years work experience, then you are likely to loose a total of 50 points and it may be difficult to cross a CRS of 400 even if you are below 30. Like some one said, with the current low scores, the priority should be to ace IELTS.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Truce01: 6:41pm On Jun 08, 2017
Changes Coming to Express Entry

In March, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) announced changes coming to the Express Entry ranking system. As of June 6th, 2017, those in the Express Entry pool or looking to apply may be eligible to receive more Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points under the new changes. Listed below are changes coming into effect on June 6th, 2017

Candidates with strong French language skills will be awarded up to 30 additional CRS points
Candidates with a sibling in Canada will be awarded up to 15 additional CRS points
Registering for Job Bank is now voluntary
Candidates will be ranked by their CRS score and the date and time they submitted their profile to the pool
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dtaminator: 6:42pm On Jun 08, 2017
you can visit the British Council office in your state if there is one.

I had some issues with my registration when I did mine and visited the office. it was sorted out immediately. I doubt your money can "enter voicemail" with British Council.

ENGRDUDU89:
Gurus in the house, pls I need your advice

I paid for the ielts exam on Monday evening using online bank transfer, I cross-check all the instructions to perfection ,up till now they have not acknowledge my payment. I contacted the British office(Ielts)through email and twitter they kept replying that they will get back to me. I really hope my money Neva enter voicemail ooo....... Pls any suggestions

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 08, 2017

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chigrad: 6:52pm On Jun 08, 2017
Pls your kind response is needed. I have three years work experience as a chemical technologist. I left last year to another area of job. Can I use the previous work experience to apply in the express entry?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blackbuddy: 6:56pm On Jun 08, 2017
chigrad:
Pls your kind response is needed. I have three years work experience as a chemical technologist. I left last year to another area of job. Can I use the previous work experience to apply in the express entry?

Yes, you can apply with any work experience that is at least 1 year.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blackbuddy: 6:58pm On Jun 08, 2017
Zilifish:
Pls my transcript arrived WES yesterday afternoon through ups mail. But it still reads that they are still expecting my documents. Pls what do i do? Does the status take time to change?

You know that hundreds of people send documents to WES daily from all over the world so it takes a while to sift through all of them and update client accounts accordingly. Give them a little while to sort out their administrative stress, the important thing is that it has gotten to them. Update of account is not what you want, what you is need is the ECA, cheers.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jun 08, 2017
dtaminator:

Hello,

Evaluate only your B.Sc, you wont get points for the Cambridge A levels if IQAS says it's the equivalent of a Canadian high school diploma. If you are above 30 years of age, you are likely to have over 3 years work experience, you would be fine with a good ielts score and your B.Sc and work experience. if you have less than 3 years work experience, then you are likely to loose a total of 50 points and it may be difficult to cross a CRS of 400 even if you are below 30. Like some one said, with the current low scores, the priority should be to ace IELTS.

Cheers

Thank you for the response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jun 08, 2017
miella:

Hello bro,

Since IQAS said it is equivalent to high school diploma, I THINK you cannot claim points for two or more certificates.

According to what is written on CIC website (check the link below), to claim points for two or more certificates it must be "A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree PLUS ...................(not including SECONDARY/HIGH school)".

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

Try and prepare well for your IELTS exams and pass it so as to increase your chances. It is better you use your BSc certificate to avoid misrepresentation and to have peace of mind.

I wish you the best!

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gymme(m): 8:06pm On Jun 08, 2017
Bro/Sis, this condition has been eliminated in Canada. The spouse does not have to stay 2 years in a marriage anymore. No more CONDITIONAL PERMANENT RESIDENT FOR SPOUSES AND PARTNERS.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2017/04/eliminating_the_imbalanceforsponsoredspousesandpartnersbyremovin.html

Aseade:

Just like in the US, if you married a Citizen and you are granted Greencard, you must stay in that marriage for 2 years. If you opt out of the marriage before the 2 year lapse, your greencard automatically becomes invalid and revoked.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 8:21pm On Jun 08, 2017
veleta:
@Erhnie, yeah. Permanent home address.Is that what I should fill there?

Yes!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chigrad: 8:30pm On Jun 08, 2017
Thanks
Blackbuddy:

Yes, you can apply with any work experience that is at least 1 year.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chigrad: 8:32pm On Jun 08, 2017
Hello everyone. Want to know if draws are done every two weeks?? And is there any coming up tomorrow??
Thanks for your anticipated response
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 8:48pm On Jun 08, 2017
miella:

Dear sis,

I read on canadavisa forum that some people are also having difficulties in accessing their account. It will definitely be resolved maybe it is because of all the changes and co. Please go and relax kiss

*** in your voice, we are all going to Canada*** smiley

Ahem. Cos this thing wan drag leg small. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ENGRDUDU89(m): 8:51pm On Jun 08, 2017
VERY URGENT

Pls is there any British council office in Ibadan. I need the address ASAP
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blackbuddy: 9:09pm On Jun 08, 2017
chigrad:
Hello everyone. Want to know if draws are done every two weeks?? And is there any coming up tomorrow??

Draws are sometimes done 1 week apart and sometimes 3 weeks apart. The frequency is not fixed.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/past-rounds.asp

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jun 08, 2017

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by perks: 9:32pm On Jun 08, 2017
optionese:

Ahem. Cos this thing wan drag leg small. Thanks

@optionese.... Chillax. Women sabi worry sha. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yusuftosho: 9:40pm On Jun 08, 2017
Good day ladies and gentlemen. I really need experienced advice as per my qualifications. I have OND in Accounting and I also have two more years to obtain B.sc in Accounting and four years working experience as Auditor. My questions are
1. What are my chances of getting ITA before investing so much in the process or I should obtained B.sc first?
2. What is my chance of earning high CRS point with OND?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 9:51pm On Jun 08, 2017
[ smiley
quote author=perks post=57330322]

@optionese.... Chillax. Women sabi worry sha. cheesy[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by veleta: 10:01pm On Jun 08, 2017
@Erhnie thanks abunch

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jun 08, 2017
ENGRDUDU89:
VERY URGENT

Pls is there any British council office in Ibadan. I need the address ASAP

I don't think so. What's the issue?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ymummy234: 10:15pm On Jun 08, 2017
MummyJaygirls:
Na wa o, I go to drink water small and upon return like 10 extra pages don pass, u guys are not smiling o, all of us must go Canada. Keep up the good work

i swear - i am saying exactly the same thing lool - need to catch up

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 12:40am On Jun 09, 2017
@joala, fill this work experience as is. 1yr under NOC as a medical doctor and the other years under whatever his current job function is. Ref letters should be obtained accordingly.
However his degree has to be evaluated by mcc irrespective of his current job function.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jolao: 12:52am On Jun 09, 2017
@Vcole, Yes, His degree has been evaluated by MCC, can he claim points for other years of experience?
And I still don't understand this part " the other years under whatever his current job function is"
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by britishknight: 1:30am On Jun 09, 2017
I have a B.Sc and HND, which of them will offer more points when verified by IQAS?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 1:54am On Jun 09, 2017
britishknight:
I have a B.Sc and HND, which of them will offer more points when verified by IQAS?
Just evaluate your B.sc only bro, and save yourself of undue delays.

(1) (2) (3) ... (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.