Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,856 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:48 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2575712 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bcolah(f): 7:49am On Feb 13, 2016
Thanks iphie25, slowlybtsurely.

If you are in the pool already without and invite from Ontario, do as Irondome said. This was what I did and got the invite almost immediately.

For ties, my spouse had a distant uncle living there though I am the principal applicant. Having a relative there isn't a major requirement though it improves your chances. From the Canadavisa forum, some people's ties were having friends living in Ontario, some even presented evidences such as emails of applications they had made for jobs in Ontario as their ties. I believe they just want you to convince them of your willingness to stay in Ontario. Unlike some others, I wasn't asked for so many things or even called for confirmation of docs.
I feel it's not as difficult as it seems provided you can afford the fees. Especially for those of us that might have difficulty improving our CRS scores. Feel free to ask any questions. I'll help to the best of my ability.

Zandora, I sent you a PM pls.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blackkie: 8:56am On Feb 13, 2016
I would like to have the documents also.
Kindly forward to - phortizoltd@yahoo.com

Slydsolutions:

Hello Hartson,
Kindly send me the IELTS bomb too, I'm writing next Thursday but Speaking is this Sunday.
Pls send to henrislyd@gmail.com

Regards.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by twaj: 9:25am On Feb 13, 2016
zandora:
Thank you all for your congratulatory messages, I'm so touched you have no idea!

Congrats, Zandora. For those of us that are landed immigrant we 'll like to receive tips on what facilitated your securing job within few months...will be glad to ask some questions, if you wouldn't mind my email is blessjiboye@yahoo.com. or you could send me email or give me your email or better still share the tips with the whole house.....even those still awaiting nomination from CIC may learn and be informed ahead. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by amokemi(m): 10:12am On Feb 13, 2016
House please help me with the information below.

Thank u

amokemi:
Good evening house,

Please help me with the following information.

- Is The required documents to complete for Manitoba provincial nomination the same as CIC documents?

- Has anyone here gone through Manitoba provincial nomination? What documents were required to be submitted by your Manitoba Sponsor to show evidence of familial relationship?

Thanks great people.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by olyveoyl(f): 11:31am On Feb 13, 2016
Bcolah:
Congrats Zandora.....All the best in your new job.

OK. ...so I've been silently reading the controversy raised about the Ontario provincial nominations. Wanted to wait till this time before I made my own contribution. I would advise anyone who wishes to take up the EOI and pay 1500 to please go ahead provided you can provide all documents to defend your application.
Sincerely it took a whole lot of patience from me. Over 6months after submitting my application to Ontario, I got my nomination today.
It was a gamble but it paid off. Considering I might have to keep looking for how to increase my points from 414 which wouldn't have earned me an ITA going with the trend of Draws done. Thanks to Ontario. I can afford to dash out 500 points now .....lol.

....the vision is yet for an appointed time, though it tarries, WAIT FOR IT!!!!

Congratulations!!!
I just decided to go the Ontario route, created a new profile on Sunday and got PT on Monday. But would like to ask how you raised the draft in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lavivaavril(f): 12:44pm On Feb 13, 2016
Congrats @Zandora, your success story is a huge motivation to us!

Quick question guys, can statement of result suffice for WES evaluation? I don't know when my MSc certificate will be out. Thanks guys.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 12:52pm On Feb 13, 2016
lavivaavril:
Congrats @Zandora, your success story is a huge motivation to us!

Quick question guys, can statement of result suffice for WES evaluation? I don't know when my MSc certificate will be out. Thanks guys.

I think they accept it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by superchi: 1:30pm On Feb 13, 2016
zandora:
Thank you all for your congratulatory messages, I'm so touched you have no idea!
Zandora,

You don't know how happy I am for you. It just shows being tactful works. Congrats dear.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chinchum(m): 3:00pm On Feb 13, 2016
Blackkie:

When you do receive the "bomb", i am banking on you to forward it to chinchum256@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by majaolu: 5:11pm On Feb 13, 2016
irondome:

Delete your current profile and create a new one; also ensure you select Ontario as your preferred province in the course of your profile selection.
Thanks for the reply... So i should withdraw my profile and create another one?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Sakaz: 5:55pm On Feb 13, 2016
landofuandme:

@hartson/house. Am still expecting to receive the ielts materials.
Counting on your help.
Email address: landofuandme@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks.

Hartson/landofuandme/house, kindly help with IELTS materials(bomb) for general exam, having first week of March. Thanks in advance
Kadex4@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bcolah(f): 6:02pm On Feb 13, 2016
olyveoyl:

Congratulations!!!
I just decided to go the Ontario route, created a new profile on Sunday and got PT on Monday. But would like to ask how you raised the draft in Nigeria?

I got it from GTBANK. You can also get from there. Wish you all the best.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by olyveoyl(f): 6:36pm On Feb 13, 2016
[quote author=Bcolah post=42893952]

I got it from GTBANK. You can also get from there. Wish you all the best.[/quot

Thanks Bcolah, will do just that. Hope I can get it by paying naira as l don't have an account there
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 7:44pm On Feb 13, 2016
Sakaz:

Hartson/landofuandme/house, kindly help with IELTS materials(bomb) for general exam, having first week of March. Thanks in advance
Kadex4@yahoo.com

I've posted lots of links for IELTS in the previous page I think, avail yourself of the materials especially www.ieltsbuddy.com

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 7:53pm On Feb 13, 2016
JesusDWay:

I've posted lots of links for IELTS in the previous page I think, avail yourself of the materials especially www.ieltsbuddy.com

Bros u didn't answer my question grin.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bubsykay: 11:42pm On Feb 13, 2016
JesusDWay:
IELTS Practice links
http://www.roadtoielts.com/testdrive/
http://www.ieltspractice.com/
http://www.ieltsbuddy.com/IELTS-blog.html ; 
http://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/prepare-test/free-practice-tests 
http://idpielts.me/prepare-ielts/free-ielts-practice-tests/
http://ieltsforfree.com/free-ielts-practice-tests/
http://www.ielts-exam.net/practice_tests/
http://www.english-online.org.uk/ieltsfolder/ieltshome.php?name=International%20English%20Language%20Testing%20System&fun=startIntroRequest()&spt=readcontent
http://www.canadavisa.com/ielts/free-practice-tests.html
http://www.ipassielts.com/ielts_training/free_practice/reading/
http://www.testpreppractice.net/IELTS/Free-Online-IELTS-Practice-Tests.aspx
http://www.esolcourses.com/revision/ielts.html 

Sakaz:

Kadex4@yahoo.com

chinchum:
When you do receive the "bomb", i am banking on you to forward it to chinchum256@gmail.com

Blackkie:

Links has been made available for you, the wait for email alert might be endless. Kindly use the links above.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Doggys: 12:53am On Feb 14, 2016
Wow! Congrats to you! Very happy to hear this.
SlowlybtSurely:

Dayum! Told ya!! This is just the beginning of great things to come.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Doggys: 1:06am On Feb 14, 2016
Congrats Zandora. Really happy to hear this good news.
zandora:

I've sent you an email.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 3:21am On Feb 14, 2016
twaj:

Congrats, Zandora. For those of us that are landed immigrant we 'll like to receive tips on what facilitated your securing job within few months...will be glad to ask some questions, if you wouldn't mind my email is blessjiboye@yahoo.com. or you could send me email or give me your email or better still share the tips with the whole house.....even those still awaiting nomination from CIC may learn and be informed ahead. Thank you.

Thanks for your message, of course I'll share my tips so here they are:

Your choices - Firstly I had already made up my mind that I wasn't going to do menial jobs immediately I landed and gave myself 7 months until I started looking at other avenues. The reason is that say you get a low skilled job working at McDonald's for example just to get the Canadian experience or to make ends meet before you finally secure your dream job, it will be almost impossible to land your dream job after. Why do I say this? You can apply for a job today and get called to attend an interview as early as the next day if shortlisted. Now if you've already taken up a menial job, what time would you have to attend the interview bearing in mind that if you're new to a job it's almost impossible for you to get any time off? How many excuses would you then be ready to give your new employer to take time off to attend your interviews? Another thing is that by the time you get home after work most of the time you'll be very tired and won't have time to start looking for the jobs in your field to apply to since most of those menial jobs are quite demanding. Finally, once you take that menial job and your working environment is very conducive, your manager very nice etc, you'll almost certainly become to comfortable and therefore end up being stuck in a dead end job before you know it.

Your resume - Your resume has to be in the Canadian format, in fact this is a must! You can look up Canadian format resumes online or pay one of those Canadian recruitment websites to clean up your resume for you (my friend got rejected and was told it was because of the grammatical errors on his resume). Furthermore, get rid of the countries on your resume. Sadly in this day and age people still discriminate, so once they see an experience is not from Canada but from a 3rd world country like Nigeria they'll be very quick to judge. If you've got the skills trust me they'll contact you and then ask where the company you worked for was located and if they like you they'll take you. Trust me, I can't count how many times interviewers told me they had never heard of First Bank.

Your Accent - Believe it or not this is a deal breaker, I didn't believe it before until I saw it for myself. A friend of mind told me and another friend about a job opening so we applied for the job. A few days later I got a call from the HR of that company asking me a few basic questions, then he booked me in for an interview on the spot. Excitedly I called my other friend to ask if he ever got the call and if he too was to attend an interview. He told me that he got a call but the HR guy didn't book him in for an interview but instead said he'd contact him later (he never did). I then asked my friend what he said to the HR guy on the phone and he said "nothing oh!, I only said elo, oo is this", I just knew there and then it was because of his accent. Now my accent was never perfect, in fact it took me a while to stop pronouncing ask as aks. I'm not saying you must have phonetics, just be able to pronounce you words clearly without any 'h' or any factor. It might be hard but it's achievable.

Your Experience - Whatever is on your resume would be the job you'll be shortlisted for. So if for example you worked in customer services then you should apply for a customer service job. If you worked in a bank as cashier then you should apply for a teller job to maximise your chances of being selected. If you are a cashier applying for a sales or any other role it'll be very difficult to get the job. So my advice, if you have experience in a job you didn't like doing, put it on your resume then when you get the same job here work for 6 months and change departments. There's lateral movements in many companies here, infact companies that are looking to fill vacancies hire internally before going externally.

The Interview - I flunked my first 3 interviews because one of the reasons was that I was always boning like I was attending a frowning contest. When I was in Naija I landed my jobs by frowning and speaking viciously. Unfortunately I thought this would work here but how wrong was I. It was after my 3rd interview that I then went to carry out some research and found that Canadians are one of the friendliest people and like when people appear friendly and chatty. So on my 4th interview I planted the fakest smile I could muster, jeez I was smiling at every and anything so it was no surprise when I progressed to the next stage of the interview.

How to answer interview questions - In total I've attended about 10 interviews (all good roles in financial institutions). Wasn't successful in 4 of them, got 2 job offers and progressed to the next stage in the remaining 4 but cancelled after I accepted one of the offers. Around my 4th interview I did some proper research and realised I was answering questions wrongly. Firstly all the companies asked some repeated questions which were: Tell me about yourself? Give me 3 strengths and 1 weakness? Give me an example of when you worked in a team? Why XX company and why this role? You may look at the questions and think it's easy to answer them, wrong! There's actually a way to answer these questions effectively which is:

- Tell me about yourself: You need to use the EES approach which is Education, Experience and Skills. So you should talk about your education from your highest degree, then your experience from the most recent, then the skills you've acquired over the years (hint: you need to look at the skills they require from the Job posting and mention some of them).

- Give me 3 strengths and 1 weakness: If you just list them then you're making a big mistake. You have to mention each one and then give an example. Therefore you could say 'I'm very proficient in the use of Microsoft office suites, for example in my previous job I used Microsoft Word to type out letters to our clients and PowerPoint to give presentations'. Then for the weakness question you have to talk about a weakness you previously had and you've now worked on and how you worked on it.

- Give me an example of when you worked in a team: Talk about how you worked in a team, saw challenges, how you were able to overcome the challenges and the result.

- Why XX company: Check out the about us section on the company website. Also always talk about diversity because many, infact all companies hire ppl from various backgrounds as a policy. Each time I tell them I would want to work for them because they're very good at hiring people no matter the background they come from they always have this big smile on their faces and nod their heads affirmatively, they love it!

- Why this role: Talk about the previous experience you had in this role and how you loved it.

These are the most important things to ace a job in your field.

One important advice to those who are yet to arrive, don't believe those people who tell you that you won't get a job in your field. You only need to believe in yourself, have determination and trust in God. You're a skilled worker for a reason, so show the reason why you qualified as a skilled worker in the first place. At times you might be frustrated by rejections as I did but the biggest mistake you'll make would be to give up. I'm not saying that everyone who arrives would get a job in their field, but majority should.

I'm still going to take some certifications so I can transfer to another dept in my bank and in a higher level.

I apologise to the people who may think I'm taking up space by my posting as this thread is for people seeking advice for the FSW preparation but I just thought this might help a few people.

63 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bcolah(f): 7:08am On Feb 14, 2016
Thanks for the very explanatory writeup Zandora. God bless you.
Pls I sent you a PM and just need u to respond. Want to ask some questions and don't want to derail the thread.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by twaj: 7:23am On Feb 14, 2016
[quote author=zandora post=42904499]

Thanks for your message, of course I'll share my tips so here they are:........

Zandora, so grateful for your insightful write up, God bless you. I 've really learnt a lot from the write up. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 7:25am On Feb 14, 2016
Thanks Zandora for posting those tips. They were funny but insightful...I'll bookmark this page for when I'll need it...hopefully soon. grin

But for now I gotta cross the IELTS hurdle cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bcolah(f): 7:26am On Feb 14, 2016
I have some questions. I hope to get ITA by the next draw. Are there any steps to take while waiting for the draw in order to get prepared?.
Also I put my NYSC job experience on my EE profile but I can't get any evidence of that. I worked with oceanic bank back then. What's your advise? Do I remove it from my profile? I've worked with another bank since July 2009 till date. Will this alone suffice for job experience?

Cc Zandora and other landed immigrants!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 7:35am On Feb 14, 2016
Bcolah:
Thanks for the very explanatory writeup Zandora. God bless you.
Pls I sent you a PM and just need u to respond. Want to ask some questions and don't want to derail the thread.
Thanks

Replied your email.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 7:39am On Feb 14, 2016
Bcolah:
I have some questions. I hope to get ITA by the next draw. Are there any steps to take while waiting for the draw in order to get prepared?.
Also I put my NYSC job experience on my EE profile but I can't get any evidence of that. I worked with oceanic bank back then. What's your advise? Do I remove it from my profile? I've worked with another bank since July 2009 till date. Will this alone suffice for job experience?

Cc Zandora and other landed immigrants!

Remove the NYSC experience since you don't have any evidence to back it up. The experience you have from 2009 is enough since you only need 3 yrs skilled work experience to get the maximum points for work experience.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ekicedar: 7:56am On Feb 14, 2016
Thanks Zandora for sharing your experience. You have given me hope, was almost giving up on this Canadian dream buh I really wanna press on now.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tunai(m): 8:51am On Feb 14, 2016
zandora:

Thanks for your message, of course I'll share my tips so here they are:

Your choices - Firstly I had already made up my mind that I wasn't going to do menial jobs immediately I landed and gave myself 7 months until I started looking at other avenues. The reason is that say you get a low skilled job working at McDonald's for example just to get the Canadian experience or to make ends meet before you finally secure your dream job, it will be almost impossible to land your dream job after. Why do I say this? You can apply for a job today and get called to attend an interview as early as the next day if shortlisted. Now if you've already taken up a menial job, what time would you have to attend the interview bearing in mind that if you're new to a job it's almost impossible for you to get any time off? How many excuses would you then be ready to give your new employer to take time off to attend your interviews? Another thing is that by the time you get home after work most of the time you'll be very tired and won't have time to start looking for the jobs in your field to apply to since most of those menial jobs are quite demanding. Finally, once you take that menial job and your working environment is very conducive, your manager very nice etc, you'll almost certainly become to comfortable and therefore end up being stuck in a dead end job before you know it.

Your resume - Your resume has to be in the Canadian format, in fact this is a must! You can look up Canadian format resumes online or pay one of those Canadian recruitment websites to clean up your resume for you (my friend got rejected and was told it was because of the grammatical errors on his resume). Furthermore, get rid of the countries on your resume. Sadly in this day and age people still discriminate, so once they see an experience is not from Canada but from a 3rd world country like Nigeria they'll be very quick to judge. If you've got the skills trust me they'll contact you and then ask where the company you worked for was located and if they like you they'll take you. Trust me, I can't count how many times interviewers told me they had never heard of First Bank.

Your Accent - Believe it or not this is a deal breaker, I didn't believe it before until I saw it for myself. A friend of mind told me and another friend about a job opening so we applied for the job. A few days later I got a call from the HR of that company asking me a few basic questions, then he booked me in for an interview on the spot. Excitedly I called my other friend to ask if he ever got the call and if he too was to attend an interview. He told me that he got a call but the HR guy didn't book him in for an interview but instead said he'd contact him later (he never did). I then asked my friend what he said to the HR guy on the phone and he said "nothing oh!, I only said elo, oo is this", I just knew there and then it was because of his accent. Now my accent was never perfect, in fact it took me a while to stop pronouncing ask as aks. I'm not saying you must have phonetics, just be able to pronounce you words clearly without any 'h' or any factor. It might be hard but it's achievable.

Your Experience - Whatever is on your resume would be the job you'll be shortlisted for. So if for example you worked in customer services then you should apply for a customer service job. If you worked in a bank as cashier then you should apply for a teller job to maximise your chances of being selected. If you are a cashier applying for a sales or any other role it'll be very difficult to get the job. So my advice, if you have experience in a job you didn't like doing, put it on your resume then when you get the same job here work for 6 months and change departments. There's lateral movements in many companies here, infact companies that are looking to fill vacancies hire internally before going externally.

The Interview - I flunked my first 3 interviews because one of the reasons was that I was always boning like I was attending a frowning contest. When I was in Naija I landed my jobs by frowning and speaking viciously. Unfortunately I thought this would work here but how wrong was I. It was after my 3rd interview that I then went to carry out some research and found that Canadians are one of the friendliest people and like when people appear friendly and chatty. So on my 4th interview I planted the fakest smile I could muster, jeez I was smiling at every and anything so it was no surprise when I progressed to the next stage of the interview.

How to answer interview questions - In total I've attended about 10 interviews (all good roles in financial institutions). Wasn't successful in 4 of them, got 2 job offers and progressed to the next stage in the remaining 4 but cancelled after I accepted one of the offers. Around my 4th interview I did some proper research and realised I was answering questions wrongly. Firstly all the companies asked some repeated questions which were: Tell me about yourself? Give me 3 strengths and 1 weakness? Give me an example of when you worked in a team? Why XX company and why this role? You may look at the questions and think it's easy to answer them, wrong! There's actually a way to answer these questions effectively which is:

- Tell me about yourself: You need to use the EES approach which is Education, Experience and Skills. So you should talk about your education from your highest degree, then your experience from the most recent, then the skills you've acquired over the years (hint: you need to look at the skills they require from the Job posting and mention some of them).

- Give me 3 strengths and 1 weakness: If you just list them then you're making a big mistake. You have to mention each one and then give an example. Therefore you could say 'I'm very proficient in the use of Microsoft office suites, for example in my previous job I used Microsoft Word to type out letters to our clients and PowerPoint to give presentations'. Then for the weakness question you have to talk about a weakness you previously had and you've now worked on and how you worked on it.

- Give me an example of when you worked in a team: Talk about how you worked in a team, saw challenges, how you were able to overcome the challenges and the result.

- Why XX company: Check out the about us section on the company website. Also always talk about diversity because many, infact all companies hire ppl from various backgrounds as a policy. Each time I tell them I would want to work for them because they're very good at hiring people no matter the background they come from they always have this big smile on their faces and nod their heads affirmatively, they love it!

- Why this role: Talk about the previous experience you had in this role and how you loved it.

These are the most important things to ace a job in your field.

One important advice to those who are yet to arrive, don't believe those people who tell you that you won't get a job in your field. You only need to believe in yourself, have determination and trust in God. You're a skilled worker for a reason, so show the reason why you qualified as a skilled worker in the first place. At times you might be frustrated by rejections as I did but the biggest mistake you'll make would be to give up. I'm not saying that everyone who arrives would get a job in their field, but majority should.

I'm still going to take some certifications so I can transfer to another dept in my bank and in a higher level.

I apologise to the people who may think I'm taking up space by my posting as this thread is for people seeking advice for the FSW preparation but I just thought this might help a few people.

Nice heads up for me. So how many months did it take you to land this job in Canada?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:51am On Feb 14, 2016
@hartson, please ill need the material as well. Wrote you earlier already ojutikudeji@yahoo.com
hartson:

check
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 10:03am On Feb 14, 2016
tunai:

Nice heads up for me. So how many months did it take you to land this job in Canada?

2.5 months.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by reephat(f): 11:35am On Feb 14, 2016
Congrats on your nomination. So happy to hear this as Ontario is on my mind, I have a sister and brother there. They also say Toronto is a hot spot for my job so I am assuming I have a good chance.

With all these said, I would want to know what docs u submitted and if the statement of accout is needed during application for Ontario Nomination. Please your response means a lot to my EE dream

Bcolah:
Congrats Zandora.....All the best in your new job.

OK. ...so I've been silently reading the controversy raised about the Ontario provincial nominations. Wanted to wait till this time before I made my own contribution. I would advise anyone who wishes to take up the EOI and pay 1500 to please go ahead provided you can provide all documents to defend your application.
Sincerely it took a whole lot of patience from me. Over 6months after submitting my application to Ontario, I got my nomination today.
It was a gamble but it paid off. Considering I might have to keep looking for how to increase my points from 414 which wouldn't have earned me an ITA going with the trend of Draws done. Thanks to Ontario. I can afford to dash out 500 points now .....lol.

....the vision is yet for an appointed time, though it tarries, WAIT FOR IT!!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 1:35pm On Feb 14, 2016
iphie25:

Bros u didn't answer my question grin.

What question?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lavivaavril(f): 1:52pm On Feb 14, 2016
Hello guys, happy valentine! I just got info that accessing a BSc degree along with an MSc degree gives one more points under adaptability when getting into the pool. I thought I wouldn't need WES to access my BSc if I have an MSc but I'm just hearing that although an MSc gives you the maximum points under education, accessing both BSc and MSc gives you maximum points under adaptability. Please my people, help me validate this and correct me if I'm wrong.

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.