Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (648) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2598402 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JESUnifemi4eva: 5:32am On Jul 18, 2017
It doesn't matter...all that's important is your job reference letter conforming with about 70-80% of the duties on the NOC being adopted (Please don't copy the BOX verbatim oooo).
fidelism:
Pls, I need urgent response.
Does it matter if my NOC requires a degree in computer science but my degree is in social sciences.
For example, I have worked as a software engineer but didn't study computer science in the university.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by XX01(f): 5:33am On Jul 18, 2017
bbaby84:

That quote wasn't for you darling .. anyone could have made that mistake. I may have too.
It was for the other person encouraging people not to read.
The most important thing now is to get back onto the wagon and don't beat yourself up about it.
We all make mistakes.
Hope you're back in the pool? As I smell a draw today.
All the best and keep us posted.
x

Okay. Can my statement be modified to mean that the questions should be answered while encouraging them to read up cos that's what I really mean? Except those who haven't read page 0 at all.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by babesummy: 5:34am On Jul 18, 2017
fidelism:
Pls, I need urgent response.
Does it matter if my NOC requires a degree in computer science but my degree is in social sciences.
For example, I have worked as a software engineer but didn't study computer science in the university.

No, it doesn't matter.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JESUnifemi4eva: 5:38am On Jul 18, 2017
You are good to go as long as your 1year experience falls under NOV 0,A,B and you have the required funds and can ace your IELTS....
akinkk:
It's quite sad to be ignored. sad

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JESUnifemi4eva: 5:39am On Jul 18, 2017
Your education doesn't have to align with your work experience.Just ensure your job reference letter aligns with the deatils of NOC selected...
chuckdee13:
Hello all,

Please I need clarification with this in order to accurately calculate my points for me to proceed. The question might be a cliche because I read on the NOC pages that for petroleum engineering chemical engineering is NOT related. I studied petroleum engineering and I have process engineering (chemical engineering) experience, can I claim points for work experience? I just need clarification. Thanks a lot.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by XX01(f): 5:40am On Jul 18, 2017
akinkk:

Nobody can really answer that question until you try. Whatever CRS points you get can be improved by getting full points in IELTS, getting more work experience, getting PNP or getting a job with LMIA in Canada.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JESUnifemi4eva: 5:41am On Jul 18, 2017
Congratulations Itee
ltee:
All protocols duly observed

I am sure this would encourage someone on this waka as I had my fair share of challenges. Wrote ielts twice to hit 467 cos the points where pretty high back then. I also applied as self employed hence my tax and financial statements had to be up to date. This cost money, but in the end I am thanking God.

So to the guys at AOR, Med passed, IP1/2, PPR congratulations to you, may God see us all to the end. More importantly, to the guys who have had one challenge or the other, keep pressing, check, re-check and re-fire your documents to cic, your canny dreams is just around the corner.

Thank you all.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Etfash(m): 5:58am On Jul 18, 2017
akinkk:

From the details you have posted, If your one year work experience is a skilled one, I am sure you qualify for the FSW scheme. However, like somebody pointed out, your CRS will increase if you:
- gain more work experience (this means you may not apply this year - I don't advise you to wait)
- Run a Master's course - even if it's one year programme. (You can start this, but don't let it delay you)
- have a knowledge of French, you can write the French test (highly recommended if you have the requisite competence. Even if you don't, it shouldnt take long to do this.)
- have a brother, sister or spouse in Canada?
- secure a job in Canada (very tough, especially with the need for LMIA certificate)
- enrol for the Alberta Strategic Engineering PNP scheme... I think it's going to be your best shot as far as EE is concerned.
However,
As an elder brother, I will counsel thus: if you have the financial means to embark on the EE project, you can shoulder a year graduate programme in Canada, if you search well. This, in my opinion, will be your best shot. It's always easier to work from within.

Meanwhile, a big congratulations to the PPR and all ITA recipients so far.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by wumwum007(m): 6:02am On Jul 18, 2017
Good Morning All,

please i need your good suggestions urgently, my AOR is June 24th, i got a message from CIC that i need to download and fill the Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) for myself and my wife, here are my questions:
1. Are there any important things i need to note while filling these forms, i want to be as detailed as Possible.
2. I have gone through the forms, there is a column for Military or Paramilitary service and Government position, which of these two does NYSC fits in
3. I didnt include my ECA reports with uploading my Degree certificate when i submitted my application. can i attach the report with the filled Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) now.

I will appreciate it if i can get help with these questions as soon as possible,

Thanks all and may we all get the desires of our hearts

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hifyty(m): 6:04am On Jul 18, 2017
So much great news on the thread, Congratulations to @Erhnie @itee @happylassy and all the folks that recently got their PRs. Again guys, lets keep our paperwork smooth. I see more PPRs coming and Oh i am still sitting @432 waiting for my ITA.

Cheers

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by honeybeetom: 6:24am On Jul 18, 2017
Okay, lets wait n see, all d best! quote author=Tooyy post=58549225]

@honeybeetom....nope , not yet. but i just check my app on CIC and its approved. guess its AVO dat want want to gimme high BP undecided[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JESUnifemi4eva: 6:30am On Jul 18, 2017
NYSC does NOT fall under Military,Paramilitary or Government service please dont complicate your application with your hand.....read up the thread.

Biko....send your ECA sharply.....infact just rescan your ECA,IELTS & degree certs with a correct LOE.

Make sure there are no gaps in what you fill for Background info....read up the last 20pages of this thread...you ought to get some info.

wumwum007:
Good Morning All,

please i need your good suggestions urgently, my AOR is June 24th, i got a message from CIC that i need to download and fill the Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) for myself and my wife, here are my questions:
1. Are there any important things i need to note while filling these forms, i want to be as detailed as Possible.
2. I have gone through the forms, there is a column for Military or Paramilitary service and Government position, which of these two does NYSC fits in
3. I didnt include my ECA reports with uploading my Degree certificate when i submitted my application. can i attach the report with the filled Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) now.

I will appreciate it if i can get help with these questions as soon as possible,

Thanks all and may we all get the desires of our hearts

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by drhopeful: 6:33am On Jul 18, 2017
Guys, seems there was another rain of PPRs yesterday. I just woke up to mine!!!! AOR April 26. I will be back with some questions later because I can't submit my passport immediately. For now, thank you all for the support since I started this journey.

37 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 6:42am On Jul 18, 2017
Guys, it's PPR!! Be right back... cheesy

61 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by XX01(f): 6:44am On Jul 18, 2017
40manlappy:

Possibly... wink

Yay! Hope they won't do what they did last week and delay by another week.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ekinado: 6:46am On Jul 18, 2017
JESUnifemi4eva:
Hi Ekinado,

Just fax a copy of your marriage certificate and newspaper publication/affidavit for change of name to WES.

Relax....it won't affect your process as long as you send it with your registration details.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by XX01(f): 6:57am On Jul 18, 2017
Congratulations on all PPR. I am so happy that people are now quickly transiting to the sister thread on living in Canada. God will do likewise for the rest of us.

@Justwise, can this thread be split into another thread. I think it's getting too long.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 6:57am On Jul 18, 2017
40manlappy:

YES!!! Congratulations bro

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by XX01(f): 7:03am On Jul 18, 2017
Ekinado:
Good morning house!
please I need answer urgently,
I am doing my ECA with WES, do I need to send an affidavit or change of name to wes?
I registered with my New name and I saw somewhere online that I have to submit an evidence that am married to WES. My school is sending my Transcript today so please what should I do ooo

I used WES and didn't send them anything pertaining to my change of name. I just wrote my maiden name where they asked for it and also the form my school was to fill. My ECA came out with the two names, one was in brackets or was it italics. But I don't think there is an issue. If they need it, they will ask for it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 7:10am On Jul 18, 2017
40manlappy:

Wow!!! 40 is about to leave the building. Congrats bro. The eagle has landed. Cheers mate!

You know the drill, when ur eye clear, come and share timeline grin

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 7:13am On Jul 18, 2017
Ekinado:
Good morning house!
please I need answer urgently,
I am doing my ECA with WES, do I need to send an affidavit or change of name to wes?
I registered with my New name and I saw somewhere online that I have to submit an evidence that am married to WES. My school is sending my Transcript today so please what should I do ooo

You are married to Wes? shocked shocked wow congrats grin just joking. U can fax a copy of ur marriage certificate/ and ur newspaper publication.

But I know if they require it they will request

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 7:14am On Jul 18, 2017
drhopeful:
Guys, seems there was another rain of PPRs yesterday. I just woke up to mine!!!! AOR April 26. I will be back with some questions later because I can't submit my passport immediately. For now, thank you all for the support since I started this journey.

Congrats. Drhopeful smiley

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by upgrade: 7:15am On Jul 18, 2017
Good morning please is my marriage certificate and newspaper publication sufficient for change of name or do I need an affidavit ? Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 7:17am On Jul 18, 2017
upgrade:
Good morning please is my marriage certificate and newspaper publication sufficient for change of name or do I need an affidavit ? Thanks

Over sufficient.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 7:19am On Jul 18, 2017
JESUnifemi4eva:
Gosh! You are just so funny, I love your cheerfulness, eagerly waiting for you to receive PPR....this thread go shake ehnnnn!

Lol, thanks bro/sis. I appreciate. We go pop champagne that day

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gquest: 7:23am On Jul 18, 2017
It's PPR cheesy

34 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by upgrade: 7:25am On Jul 18, 2017
Thanks a lot

MummyJaygirls:

Over sufficient.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 7:27am On Jul 18, 2017
Gquest:
It's PPR cheesy

Congrats, timeline
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Cheriesparkle: 7:27am On Jul 18, 2017
Good morning house.

Plenty thanks for all your support to myself and others. Really appreciate everyone who takes out time to respond and also also go the extra mile of providing individual help to one another.

Please can someone help me with a breakdown of all the financial expense for EE application?

I am just at the beginning stage of wanting to renew my international passport next week then enrol for IELTS follow by WES evaluation for now. I need to put funds aside for the EE application and want to be proactive in getting all my documents and funds ready.
Plenty thanks in advance for your help kiss kiss kiss kiss

Price for IELTS
WES evaluation
Price for application and any other thing i need to pay for...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by flyhigh1881: 7:53am On Jul 18, 2017
MummyJaygirls:
I called cic today as I no get work grin (all na part of the waiting) and God directed a guy with sweet voice to attend to me to soothe my anxiety. Lol

Let me go and practice my Canadian accent cool I will call tomoro, I forgot to ask a question, I feel anxious again grin

Lol! You are just a case

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sweetrie(f): 7:56am On Jul 18, 2017
Plenty congratulations 40manlappy, drhopeful.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sweetrie(f): 8:02am On Jul 18, 2017
Cheriesparkle:

Please can someone help me with a breakdown of all the financial expense for EE application?

Price for IELTS ----- #68,000
WES evaluation ---- 233 CAD, check on the website to be sure
Price for application and any other thing i need to pay for... This is according to your family number and special situations, we all have different situations. Start reading from page 0 to understand better

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.