Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,135 members, 7,807,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (781) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2597791 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (778) (779) (780) (781) (782) (783) (784) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Cheriesparkle: 6:33pm On Aug 12, 2017
[quote author=Canadianfly post=59409689]

Graduated from a UK Uni too and What I did was call my department in the Uni. Say you want a transcript sent to WES. Get a contact email address, like the admin assistant and email WES address and the completed authorization form to Sunderland.
They should print, fill their bit and attach to your transcript and courier it to WES. Your Uni might charge u like £10 or something but it should get to WES in 3 days. Don't know if WES will accept fax or email but it should tell u how they want it from your Uni on your WES account, in the Required Document tab.

Thanks so much. Can i hug you for this?? kiss grin
Ok what i am required to do is fill a copy of the form scan and email to my Uni so they download and fill their own bit and send to WES depending on if WES wants it sent by hardcopy, fax or email.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by slyman187: 6:43pm On Aug 12, 2017
Hi guys. Please i would like to know if its possible to do alagbon pcc by proxy. I ask because i stay very far up north and with work and having to move with family, its going to be a real hassle to get to lag. It would really save me a great deal of stress if its possible.
Kindly share any helpful info
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bbaby84(f): 6:49pm On Aug 12, 2017
Cheriesparkle:
Hello house good evening.
Please i have some questions bothering that i require answers to. I am in Nigeria at the moment and i graduated from the University of Sunderland in the UK.

I am in the process of my WES verification. When WES requests for verification from my institution, would it be hardcopy?  I would prefer if the copies sent are through fax or email. Does my Uni need to also send my transcript through fax is it acceptable?  I have always thought that only hard copies are accepted. And the form i need to fill and send to my Uni to fill, that they need to also fill and attach my transcript to WES, is there an alternative means to sending by fax instead of the hardcopy as well?

Thanks in anticipation to your response

Go on your school website and order your transcripts. Then when you're filling the address where they should send it to put your REF then WES address. They will charge you for it though. One school charged £5 while the other charged £12.
For the WES form, London Met asked for it so I filled it and emailed it to them while University of London sent the transcripts without the form and it was accepted.

For the certificate with you. I scanned and sent to my nephew in Canada to post for me but a lot of people have successfully faxed theirs here.

Goodluck
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bbaby84(f): 6:52pm On Aug 12, 2017
toyogirl:
It was schedule A for my spouse...got it yesterday and responded immediately.....I just went to read up on canadavisa forum now and it appears it may be a system glitch...

Okay. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 12, 2017
esosa4real:

Wow, just seeing this, congrats eh!!

Thanks very much! cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yimiton(f): 7:02pm On Aug 12, 2017
ysmd:

At free radical /Yimiton pls what bank gave you this format and can you share the format

I don't have it yet but my friend who uses First Bank (Keffi Branch, Ikoyi Lagos) said he was given. So, I intend to go there on Monday and request for one.

I asked for a sample here but I didn't get a response so, I came up with this one, in case anyone needs it.

14th August, 2017.
The Branch Manager

First Bank of Nigeria (Keffi Branch)
4, Keffi Street
Ikoyi, Lagos.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Request for a letter

I am applying for permanent residency to Canada and I have been requested to provide a letter from my bank with the following instructions:

“The applicant should provide an official letter(s) from one or more financial institutions that lists all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts, such as credit card debts and loans.

The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months”.

Sample letter (on letter head please)

Date………
Central Intake Office (CIO)
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Canada

Dear Sir/Madam,

This letter is to certify that (your name) maintains the following accounts with First Bank of Nigeria, Keffi branch, Lagos Nigeria.
1. Current Account. Account number: …..
Date opened…..
Current balance as at today, 14th August, 2017…….

2. Domiciliary account (US Dollars)
Date Opened……
Current balance as at today, 11th August, 2017 – …….
Average balance for the past 6 months……

This is to certify that funds are fully free of any liens, debts and/or encumbrances and are maintained and available for immediate transfers or use as of today, 11th August, 2017
3. Mrs….. also holds a Nigerian Treasury Bills Investment in the Sum of ……… (in words) with the bank.

Effective date: ………..
Maturity date: ………..

This letter is issued on the request of the customer.
Authorized signatory,

For: First Bank of Nigeria______________

I will be grateful if you would avail me with the letter to aid my application.

Yours faithfully,

Signature

Your Name

72 Likes 42 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Canadianfly: 7:07pm On Aug 12, 2017
[quote author=Cheriesparkle post=59410836][/quote]

Yea. I doubt WES would want fax or email though but check. Another thing, before you order online (if your Uni has that capability) you might want to call them and check the process for your year of graduation. My Uni only offers this service for people who graduated from 2004, have no idea why. IT issues I guess. So check before you do order what's applicable to Sunderland.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 7:21pm On Aug 12, 2017
Ajujuju2:
Na wa ooo. Just barely away 24 hours and iv missed like 5 pages. Hiaaaan.

On the bright side, Heaven heard our prayers and granted a rain of PPR's.
CONGRATS @blingyrie @freeradicals, @wotubambam @wura7 and ors!
I de jealous una sha. Esp @freeradicals wey submit after me. �����

@mummyjaygirls... U sef congrats again on confirmation of Permanent residence.

Heaven please the rest of us as waiting. Perfect all that concerns us in perfect time!����
Ps: I wont mind that perfect time being "early in August". My soul don reach Canada, na empty shell de naija. Ds body done tire for bad road and generator noise. To show say i don ready to receive your gift of PPR, I don use travelpaddy search flights, use google streetview search for house, I don even de gather documents for RBC account. Baba, I just de naija to collect salary to kill time.
Baba God... Show yourself!

AMEN!!!

Hahahahaha I thought I was the only one using the instantstreet app to view canada......mehn I feel your pain, chai

As I dey talk 2 u, I don dey view my neighbours dem for d app...lol

Pls u get any way to see houses for rent and search dem for the app? Like any site to get exact addressess??

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by freeradical(m): 7:30pm On Aug 12, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Its ur passport details that are required to book tickets, if u have ur passport details o boy do it now o, u don't have to wait till pp is returned

Fares change and u know the closer to the date the more expensive.
Ok. I was thinking I needed my passport and COPR to be able to book a one way flight.

You are right about the fare changes, I was beginning to wonder. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yemdogg: 7:54pm On Aug 12, 2017
Osemigho:
yemdogg, I see you bro. Welcome back.

Go and read well from 0 oo while we wait for IQAS. So you go be my mentor, as usual, when package fully start by God's grace. No more gambling.

Some people are destined to land as PR and not student. You shall be one by God's grace.

It shall end with praises. cool

Amen baba....I have digested the thread to an extent o. Still learning on a daily basis though.

God will take us to the promise land. It's a decree.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sexymj(f): 8:17pm On Aug 12, 2017
Hello every one. i am here again with my questions.

thank you for the answers and support so far.

i am filling the e-APR.Please,
do i need to fill nysc as govt? or my internship in a govt hospital as govt?

When filling personal history, all my work history and education is reflecting there. however, i have been reading here that we shld move work that we wont b claiming points for to personal history.
do i move all my education and work history from personal history?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ehix89(m): 8:55pm On Aug 12, 2017
Canadianfly:

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by miminice: 9:01pm On Aug 12, 2017
debris:

How did you tell them to remark your Ielts I mean.....[color=#990000][/color] Get a bank draft (N15k) IFO British Council, take it to any of their Office nearest to you. I submitted mine in Abuja and was given a form to fill.

1. what was the message you sent to them.
2. Whats the mail you sent in applying for that??
3. How much did you pay?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Cannybabe: 9:02pm On Aug 12, 2017
Hello everyone, I just got ITA and trying to put my documents together. However, I have an issue, about a year ago my car was snatched by armed robbers and I lost some of my documents which include my marriage certificate. The marriage took place at RCCG in Ibadan and we were given the FORM E marriage certificate. I have tried getting it replaced, but its been to no avail. For proof of marriage certificate, I intend to make use of the following
1. AFFIDAVIT OF MARRIAGE
2. POLICE REPORT OF STOLEN VEHICLE
3. AFFIDAVIT OF STOLEN VEHICLE
4. LOE FOR ALL THIS
5. WEDDING INVITATION, WEDDING PROGRAMME (with our pictures), RECEPTION PROGRAMME (with our pictures)

I need your opinion on this, just want to know if this would suffice as proof of marriage. We also have two kids.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by balogunsam(m): 9:07pm On Aug 12, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Its ur passport details that are required to book tickets, if u have ur passport details o boy do it now o, u don't have to wait till pp is returned

Fares change and u know the closer to the date the more expensive.

Hi ma'am. Did you already book? Can you PLEASe provide an estimate of how much the ticket cost for you, hubby and kids... I have a baby daughter, an eight year old son, wife and myself and was trying to get idea on wakanow and the likes...the ticket rates i was seeing eh... when no be say na garri we wan go drink for canny grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by miminice: 9:08pm On Aug 12, 2017
Yes you can, all you need to do is write a letter of authorization and attach a copy of a valid ID ( International Passport preferably. whoever is picking up your result must also have a valid Id.[quote author=yemdogg post=59403056][/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yemdogg: 9:14pm On Aug 12, 2017
Cannybabe:
Hello everyone, I just got ITA and trying to put my documents together. However, I have an issue, about a year ago my car was snatched by armed robbers and I lost some of my documents which include my marriage certificate. The marriage took place at RCCG in Ibadan and we were given the FORM E marriage certificate. I have tried getting it replaced, but its been to no avail. For proof of marriage certificate, I intend to make use of the following
1. AFFIDAVIT OF MARRIAGE
4. LOE FOR ALL THIS
5. WEDDING INVITATION, WEDDING PROGRAMME (with our pictures), RECEPTION PROGRAMME (with our pictures)

I need your opinion on this, just want to know if this would suffice as proof of marriage. We also have two kids.
Thank you.

I don't understand, what do you intend to achieve with the affidavit and police report of stolen vehicle. As it is you no longer have the vehicle and as such, I doubt if the your document on the stolen vehicle will make any difference. In my opinion, I think including the documents on the stolen vehicle is superfluous and redundant. What do you even stand to gain if the documents on the vehicle are included in your application?

Regarding the marriage documents, I'm fairly certain you could obtain a certified copy from the marriage registry where you obtained your marriage certificate in the first place. You'd need an affidavit of loss of marriage certificate though to obtain a certifiedcopy of your marriage certificate. I'm guessing you haven't made any attempt to retrieve the certified copy from the marriage registry. Pls make an attempt and if you must use an affidavit of marriage simpliciter, ensure it is deposed before a notary public.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by koonlay5: 9:27pm On Aug 12, 2017
[quote author=yemdogg post=59403056][/quote]

Yes you can. Simply give the person a letter of authorization and quote your registration number. I think a photocopy of your passport will also be required.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jummolami: 9:35pm On Aug 12, 2017
Cannybabe:
1. AFFIDAVIT OF MARRIAGE
4. LOE FOR ALL THIS

Thank you.

You can obtain a certified copy from the registry where u obtained the initial certificate. I did that when I misplaced mine.

Regards.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by eyoiba(m): 9:46pm On Aug 12, 2017
ddymples:
This OAU matter, I tire o. Sent u a PM. I got a contact from this forum and he has been quite helpful(though am still.On verification stage)

Please could you resend the PM. I just changed my email now.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by honeybeetom: 10:12pm On Aug 12, 2017
@ mummyjaygirls, @40lampy, congratulations on ur ppr n copr. Please what can I do if my passport that I submitted almost 6wks ago has not be stamped and returned. I have contacted the Accra VO and they have not been responsive reasonably. I wish I can book my flight in advance but I don't know what they are up to. Please help!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ajiifixing(m): 10:16pm On Aug 12, 2017
Cannybabe:
1. AFFIDAVIT OF MARRIAGE
4. LOE FOR ALL THIS

Thank you.

Just get a certified true copy CTC from where you got the initial certificate from.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by freeradical(m): 10:24pm On Aug 12, 2017
balogunsam:

Hi ma'am. Did you already book? Can you PLEASe provide an estimate of how much the ticket cost for you, hubby and kids... I have a baby daughter, an eight year old son, wife and myself and was trying to get idea on wakanow and the likes...the ticket rates i was seeing eh... when no be say na garri we wan go drink for canny grin
My brother na d exact same thing wey dey scatter my brain here. We r also a family of four like yours. Never knew air fares r this exorbitant sad
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 10:27pm On Aug 12, 2017
Cannybabe:
1. AFFIDAVIT OF MARRIAGE
4. LOE FOR ALL THIS

Thank you.

@yemdogg Don't you think you might have prejudged her a bit too early?

IMO, a police report that mentioned the loss of the marriage certificate, along with other supporting documents, may actually prove its prior existence to IRCC if she is unable to secure another copy.

@Cannybabe: The fact that you have listed the above shows that you have actually thought it through to some extent. Please wait for more suggestions on this.

cc: Dammiehar

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Canadianfly: 10:40pm On Aug 12, 2017
balogunsam:

Stay away from wakanow. They're a bunch a expensive folks.

Some tips to anyone looking for ticket to Canada, if you can go get a U.S visa before you leave Naija it will save you money. Flights that are routed through the U.S are much cheaper than the ones that are not. Please note that if you transit through the U.S, you'll probably (depends on what city you are flying from) be "landed" in the U.S before you board the flight to Canada. And return tickets are usually cheaper than one way tickets.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cochtrane(m): 10:57pm On Aug 12, 2017
OK..I need to rant..if u plan to sit for IELTS in Ibadan or u have sat for it there and you seen ur result online but the hardcopy of the result is not yet with u, which means u can't update u profile with the test form number. Its simple...the test form number comes in this form "16NG0..(ur candidate no)150G" for general training only oh...by d way the 0 after the NG is zero not alphabet O.

I missed yesterday's draw because UPS didn't deliver my spouse's result until this morning. cry cry and I was too relaxed cos I thot the next draw will be next week. I should have just changed the candidate no... cry

NB...do it at ur own risk!!! lipsrsealed undecided

Posted only for reference. I'm giving no advice to use, please

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adesiji77: 10:59pm On Aug 12, 2017
Informative thread
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by balogunsam(m): 10:59pm On Aug 12, 2017
Canadianfly:

Stay away from wakanow. They're a bunch a expensive folks.

Some tips to anyone looking for ticket to Canada, if you can go get a U.S visa before you leave Naija it will save you money. Flights that are routed through the U.S are much cheaper than the ones that are not. Please note that if you transit through the U.S, you'll probably be "landed" in the U.S before you board the flight to Canada. And return tickets are usually cheaper than one way tickets.

Thanks for the tips, much appreciated. True, i observed the thing with flights through USA being a tad cheaper...but then...you mentioned "go get a U.S visa" like its statement of account. My brother, is there no lapping? I will just lap my son and my wife laps the baby...lobatan! grin grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adesiji77: 10:59pm On Aug 12, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yemdogg: 11:00pm On Aug 12, 2017
40manlappy:

@yemdogg Don't you think you might have prejudged her a bit too early?

IMO, a police report that mentioned the loss of the marriage certificate, along with other supporting documents, may actually prove its prior existence to IRCC if she is unable to secure another copy.

@Cannybabe: The fact that you have listed the above shows that you have actually thought it through to some extent. Please wait for more suggestions on this.

cc: Dammiehar

Yes boss ....I didn't mean to slight her or prejudge her o. I just stated my opinion the way I understand. Maybe my tone was a bit harsh but then I was only trying to be candid. It is good that she's thought about those documents. My question is what does she stand to gain from including documents pertaining to a car that has been stolen. If she can identify the purpose, then gurus may very well assist or proffer solutions or advice to her.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by wifey1: 11:00pm On Aug 12, 2017
Ticket prices are on the high side now due to the holiday, it's high season now, so if u can wait to about 2/3 week in September it would be down a bit as people are returning and less outgoing journeys but try before the 1st of October cos it would go up again briefly as it does during any short/long holiday. Try Air Maroc,it's about d cheapest. Hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by balogunsam(m): 11:02pm On Aug 12, 2017
freeradical:
My brother na d exact same thing wey dey scatter my brain here. We r also a family of four like yours. Never knew air fares r this exorbitant sad

nawah oo..God help us! Lappin is the way forward o grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (778) (779) (780) (781) (782) (783) (784) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.