Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2593945 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 10:40am On Oct 10, 2015
From my experience, I don't think the form is necessary cos I sent my transcripts from both UK and naija and did not have to include the form with my transcripts.

Taiwoabo:

I agree....there is truly a form that must be included. I rmbr my sch (in the UK not naija o) had to get back to me to fill the form and send it back to them so that they can include it in my package before sending it to WES.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Etfash(m): 2:32pm On Oct 10, 2015
Taiwoabo:

I agree....there is truly a form that must be included. I rmbr my sch (in the UK not naija o) had to get back to me to fill the form and send it back to them so that they can include it in my package before sending it to WES.

I cannot argue the fact that your school demanded for the form from you. But that may just be your school's SOP.
I will advise that you review the Documents Submission Checklist on WES website and pay attention to the 'optional' in front of the form in question.
@Zandora, it wasn't an oversight.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 2:46pm On Oct 10, 2015
dupyshoo:
From my experience, I don't think the form is necessary cos I sent my transcripts from both UK and naija and did not have to include the form with my transcripts.

Better to be safe than to be sorry. Yours may have been accepted possibly because you also have a 2nd degree done outside Naija. Besides, the transcript should come with a covering letter bearing the reference number given by WES when the evaluation was paid for and as such, I don't think anyone should send a transcript that isn't coming from school, that's aside the pdf form which one must fill his/her part and school will fill theirs.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by walexlo78: 3:35pm On Oct 10, 2015
Does anyone know if University of Lagos does the transcript verification electronically or its sent in form of letter manually? Thanks as you help.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Etfash(m): 3:49pm On Oct 10, 2015
walexlo78:
Does anyone know if University of Lagos does the transcript verification electronically or its sent in form of letter manually? Thanks as you help.

Unilag replies electronically, usually not longer than 24 hours after the verification documents from WES (sent through regular mail) are received. 012802421 Unilag records office.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by walexlo78: 7:49pm On Oct 10, 2015
Thanks Etfash.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Taiwoabo(f): 9:18pm On Oct 10, 2015
Etfash:

I cannot argue the fact that your school demanded for the form from you. But that may just be your school's
I will advise that you review the Documents Submission Checklist on WES website and pay attention to the 'optional' in front of the form in question.
@Zandora, it wasn't an oversight.

Take it easy ......its ok. Do it ur way....I have done mine my way. Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by diiiiipo: 11:57pm On Oct 11, 2015
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Etfash(m): 12:46am On Oct 12, 2015
Taiwoabo:

Take it easy ......its ok. Do it ur way....I have done mine my way. Goodluck.

No hard feelings, Great One. Splendid week.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lollypop2(f): 12:00pm On Oct 12, 2015
Please is there anyone that has evaluated university of Abuja certificate?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by snowhity85: 1:25pm On Oct 12, 2015
Hello my gurus plz educate me on how pnp works cos I intend to apply to Ainp (alberta) come January. Plz I Ll like to know d requirements n do I need to hav a job in Canada or experience to get nominated, how long does it usually take to get nominated.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cisco123: 6:36am On Oct 13, 2015
Hello everyone, I just found out how easy it is to score above 450 without having a Canadian work experience. All you need is very high ielts scores (especially listening) and if all u have is a BSc, look for a short diploma certificate and u will be fine. I've been searching for any WES acceptable cheap, short and easy diploma course. Pls can anyone help with one?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 7:26am On Oct 13, 2015
Please, does anyone know the method for transcript verification in UNIBEN? Electronic or by post?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ejirostephen(m): 8:00am On Oct 13, 2015
SlowlybtSurely:
Please, does anyone know the method for transcript verification in UNIBEN? Electronic or by post?
Electronic transmitting system started first with Uniben and still on.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dustydee: 11:15am On Oct 13, 2015
s
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 12:54pm On Oct 13, 2015
ejirostephen:

Electronic transmitting system started first with Uniben and still on.

Thanks a lot.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by promzyphyno(m): 2:31pm On Oct 13, 2015
Why is nobody talking about the quebec pnp as I would love first hand info on it....thanks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 4:34pm On Oct 13, 2015
promzyphyno:
Why is nobody talking about the quebec pnp as I would love first hand info on it....thanks in anticipation

Quebec has a separate skilled workers program. By the way pouvez-vous parler très bien le français?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 6:31pm On Oct 13, 2015
Phemmie72:
Dear All,

It is becoming more frustrating that larger percentage of IELTS test takers fails one of the 4 bands which invariably renders their entire test reports useless to EE application. It is disheartening that my wife's second IELTS exams attempt result was not released as at when other results were released, all in the name of her result was picked for quality control. She eventually received the result today and it is worse than the previous one. Was is that her scripts were remarked or what actually happened during the quality control?

Please, I need clarifications/advice on what likely to have happened to my wife's result during quality control. However, I need advice on another country scheme that accept lower IELTS test result or none at all. IELTS takers are wasting so much resources on this exams, we need to be rescued out of this mess!!!

Thanks.

Let me share something with you. A very close friend of mine took the IELTS earlier this year and scored R7.5, W8, S9 and a 7 in listening and as a result lost over 50 points. I advised him to retake the exams and try to score higher in listening and he reluctantly agreed. His results came out a couple of months ago and he blasted all except writing where he now scored 6. He was pissed off and refused to accept the result so he decided to apply for a remark. Two days ago his results came out and guess what? His writing was changed to 8.5 and he was refunded his money. I mean how the heck does an examiner make that kind of mistake? A 6 to an 8.5 is a massive difference! Only God knows what IELTS is up to. My advice is if you score less than you expect in writing and speaking then apply for a re-evaluation.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 13, 2015
zandora:

Let me share something with you. A very close friend of mine took the IELTS earlier this year and scored R7.5, W8, S9 and a 7 in listening and as a result lost over 50 points. I advised him to retake the exams and try to score higher in listening and he reluctantly agreed. His results came out a couple of months ago and he blasted all except writing where he now scored 6. He was pissed off and refused to accept the result so he decided to apply for a remark. Two days ago his results came out and guess what? His writing was changed to 8.5 and he was refunded his money. I mean how the heck does an examiner make that kind of mistake? A 6 to an 8.5 is a massive difference! Only God knows what IELTS is up to. My advice is if you score less than you expect in writing and speaking then apply for a re-evaluation.
It's a fraud...makes u lose belief in ur capability. That was why I told the other guy not to be tormenting his wife.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by promzyphyno(m): 11:57pm On Oct 13, 2015
zandora:

Quebec has a separate skilled workers program. By the way pouvez-vous parler très bien le français?

Oui je peux....s'il vous plaît me diriger vers le fil
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by promzyphyno(m): 11:58pm On Oct 13, 2015
zandora:

Oui je peux....s'il vous plaît me diriger vers le fil
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by akanni(m): 2:37am On Oct 14, 2015
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Phemmie72: 8:58am On Oct 14, 2015
Thanks for your comments. Honestly, its a modernized fraud!!! My wife is feeling very bitter about the result as she said insisted something was wrong during when her result was picked for quality control and was not released to her as at when due. Please, I need you seniors to educate me on the concept and correlation of IELTS to EE even after applicants' credentials are evaluated. Are we sure this ugly incessant IELTS result inconsistencies is not only to Nigerian test takers

Meanwhile, I need further advice on where to print IELTS Enquiry on Results Form for remarking.

kosplateau:

It's a fraud...makes u lose belief in ur capability. That was why I told the other guy not to be tormenting his wife.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:16pm On Oct 14, 2015
Phemmie72:
Thanks for your comments. Honestly, its a modernized fraud!!! My wife is feeling very bitter about the result as she said insisted something was wrong during when her result was picked for quality control and was not released to her as at when due. Please, I need you seniors to educate me on the concept and correlation of IELTS to EE even after applicants' credentials are evaluated. Are we sure this ugly incessant IELTS result inconsistencies is not only to Nigerian test takers

Meanwhile, I need further advice on where to print IELTS Enquiry on Results Form for remarking.

It has no correlation other than to rake up migration points...when u get in..u will still see folks with poor grammar.

Nigerian takers in Nigeria are left to their own device. No protection, each time British Council pulls off Writing section. You seem not to get past 6.0 or 6.5! But Asians who can't even express themselves when announcing their results, get 8.0!

The best situation is when u don't rely on IELTS points to get to d benchmark which is difficult because we enrol to universities late and jobs don't come easy.

On the remark thingy, search on it or just go to their office with ur cash.

I'm sure they will rescore her and refund d money. It is a monopoly thing and Nigerians' desperation to jet out. Even guys that do well want to run to d unknown.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 12:36pm On Oct 14, 2015
Phemmie72:

I don't think it's only in Nigeria. The friend I talked about in my post above is based in the UK. The thing is when you fill your IELTS application it asks you for the reason for taking the exam then you'll have to select immigration and they know how the Canadian point system works and the weight language carries.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hallly: 2:02pm On Oct 14, 2015
When ielts results are delayed for quality control reasons, they are remarked a second time. So applying for a remark may not yield a positive result. But you can give it try. It takes between 6 and 8 weeks to.get a response. And within this period, you can't make use of the result. All d best.

Phemmie72:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mickyspike: 5:01pm On Oct 14, 2015
Hello House,

I want to find out if one can change his nominated province after applying for PR (FSWP 2014).

Thanks you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cinematainer(m): 5:55pm On Oct 14, 2015
In the case that a principal applicant has 67 points and above, is spouse's ielts really a necessity?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 8:52pm On Oct 14, 2015
cinematainer:
In the case that a principal applicant has 67 points and above, is spouse's ielts really a necessity?

You only need a minimum of 67 points to qualify for FSW, after that you should then calculate your CRS score in the Express Entry pool. To maximise your chances of being selected to apply for the FSW program you should aim to score a minimum of 450 points. If you score less than 450 without your wife's IELTS then she needs to take the test to increase your score.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.