Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (819) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2597944 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (816) (817) (818) (819) (820) (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mamacajah: 9:28am On Aug 19, 2017
Saintp:

Are you saying that 8777 will not give the same point as 7877,7787 or 7778?
Try it yourself on the CRS score link and verify for us. cool

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Feygbe: 9:42am On Aug 19, 2017
Saintp:

No it will not. Google 'IELTS to CLB scale' and verify.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by funshobabs(m): 9:42am On Aug 19, 2017
That's exactly what he's saying. 8777 is Infact the key to getting high CRS score. Anything lesser will result to a low score. U can use the crs calculator to do the permutation and combination.

Saintp:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Feygbe: 9:46am On Aug 19, 2017
funshobabs:
That's exactly what he's saying. 8777 is Infact the key to getting high CRS score. Anything lesser will result to a low score. U can use the crs calculator to do the permutation and combination.

I am a she grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tobey2ng(m): 9:57am On Aug 19, 2017
[quote author=kimipa post=59596694]And what if your Supervisor or Manager refuses to do so for fear of the HR being contacted by CIC, because if CIC contacts the HR directly the supervisor will surely be queried for signing such a document. I have seen it happen before. Hence my question as to what to do.
Please tweet @ircc for better response because that is what i will do if I'm in your situation. But writing LOE and notarized it with attachment of your appointment letter, confirmation of appointment letter and your JD will suffice. Twitter will bail you out please do that and get back to us for future reference purpose. Best of luck
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by funshobabs(m): 10:13am On Aug 19, 2017
grin
Feygbe:

I am a she grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by einsteino(m): 10:23am On Aug 19, 2017
GlitteringStar:

So sorry about your experience.

You can send me a PM or drop your Email address here. I will give you the Email address of the person (one of their staff) that helped me to resolve mine.

pls was your test date retained or rescheduled?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 10:41am On Aug 19, 2017
Saintp:
I hear people say the target for IELTS should be 8777 for LSRW. Must the listening be 8? what if the result is 7787 or 7778 for LSRW? would it not give the same score?

Please can someone explain this to me?

Listening is the koko in the English test for EE, anything short of 8 means u will have to rewrite. Try it out and see what a difference of 0.5 (7.5 - 8 ) can do to your CRS score

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 10:44am On Aug 19, 2017
britiko:

can someone answer my question please? I need some insights...
Thank u.
Nettye:
Hi all. First time here. Got ITA on the 9th. I'm gathering my documents to submit. My question is, do I need a lawyer to prepare my gift deed? If not, after preparing it myself (typing it out and all) , what else do I need to do?

Type "gift deed canada" in the search engine, something should pop up
Saw this - https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/124#46058842

1 Like 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 10:54am On Aug 19, 2017
Cypha8:

For the benefit of all who need to make a Gift Deed, see sample below for your reference. You may attach other supporting documents like a sworn affidavit, LOE explaining the source of funds, donor bank statement, and net worth certificate of donor. Please only include additional documents that will help make your case. Your goal is to clear the VO of any doubts/suspicion, and not to confuse the VO. Best wishes...

Date:

To:
Citizenship and Immigration Canada

GIFT DEED FOR (FULL NAME) (Express Entry Profile No.: E000123456)

I, NAME OF DONOR, do hereby on this day (ENTER DATE) make a Gift Deed for a gift of USD 12,000 (Twelve Thousand US Dollars) made on (FUNDS TRANSFER DATE), out of love and affection to my (ENTER RELATIONTIP TO RECEPIENT), (NAME OF RECEPIENT). I confirm that I am a resident in (COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE). I further confirm that this gift is being made out of my own funds from my Account No. (ENTER DONOR ACCOUNT NUMBER) in (NAME OF BANK), (FULL BANK BRANCH ADDRESS WITH COUNTRY), and paid into his/her Account No. (RECEIPIENT ACCOUNT NUMBER) in (NAME OF BANK), (FULL BANK BRANCH ADDRESS WITH COUNTRY).

I further confirm that the consideration for this gift is the love and affection for (ENTER RELATIONTIP TO RECEPIENT), (NAME OF RECEPIENT), and no other consideration.

I further confirm that the gift has been made by cheque number / wire transfer reference number: (ENTER NUMBER) dated (FUNDS TRANSFER DATE) drawn from my personal savings. This gift is irrevocable and I have no claim left whatsoever on the said gifted amount and he/she is free to utilise it in any manner.

PLACE:

DATED:

NAME OF DONOR

DONOR SIGNATURE

WITNESES SIGNATURE / INTIALS

The gift as stated above is accepted.

NAME OF RECEIPIENT

@britiko and @nettye see sample and yes it must be notarized weda u type it ursef or not, but ask ur lawyer which he/she would prefer. Lawyers dey sabi do anyhow well well grin lipsrsealed

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Yooku: 10:59am On Aug 19, 2017
Ekinado:
Good Evening House
Please Guru I need your advice on this as it is causing chaos in my home.
In our PR application, My husband was supposed to be the PA, when we wrote Ielts, He had LRWS 7.5,7,6,6.5. I had 8.5,7,8,7 . The issue now is that he wants me to be the PA which of course was not the initial plan.
His background---
He graduated 2011, served 2012/2013. Started working and was being paid 150k. 2016, He obtained his Master's degree which we have accessed with WES and he is currently in Canny on a student Visa.

My background--
I graduated 2016, just started Nysc This month. I started working this year and my salary is 40k as a Teacher. I have accessed my B.ED with WES.

Due to the Ielts and PR requirements, who is in the best position to be PA?

Should my Husband sit for another Ielts?

Do you think I can be the PA with of course forged work experience documents?

I anticipate your candid advice.
thanks

Please proceed with bolded for a handsome 5-year ban angry shocked and only God knows what the effect on your husband will be in Canada.
Let your husband resit the IELTS as he has the required experience and is already in Canada. Don't jeopardize your prospects with "unwise" forgery....

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by oluphilip2008(f): 11:03am On Aug 19, 2017
Pls house, I have just discovered that there's an error in my husband's age on our church marriage certificate. But the one issued by marriage registry has the correct age. The one on church certificate carries 29 instead of 27. My major concern is dt I have used d church marriage certificate to apply for canadian study permit before, as my husband was d sponsor, but was denied. While we're gathering documents in anticipation of ITA now, we had to look for d registry certificate as I have read here that its d acceptable marriage certificate. We just noticed d age disparity in the two certificates. Now, how do I rectify this scenario, cos CIC already has my record from my study permit application. Can I use only the one from marriage registry that has d correct information, or submit both with LoE that the other was an error on the part of d church? The marriage is over 10 yrs already and going to get another from d church is cumbersome. Pls your advice is needed. Thanks all
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 11:10am On Aug 19, 2017
oluphilip2008:
Pls house, I have just discovered that there's an error in my husband's age on our church marriage certificate. But the one issued by marriage registry has the correct age. The one on church certificate carries 29 instead of 27. My major concern is dt I have used d church marriage certificate to apply for canadian study permit before, as my husband was d sponsor, but was denied. While we're gathering documents in anticipation of ITA now, we had to look for d registry certificate as I have read here that its d acceptable marriage certificate. We just noticed d age disparity in the two certificates. Now, how do I rectify this scenario, cos CIC already has my record from my study permit application. Can I use only the one from marriage registry that has d correct information, or submit both with LoE that the other was an error on the part of d church? The marriage is over 10 yrs already and going to get another from d church is cumbersome. Pls your advice is needed. Thanks all

Use the one with the correct age and since the age will tally with other docs (passport) u need no loe

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by oluphilip2008(f): 11:28am On Aug 19, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Use the one with the correct age and since the age will tally with other docs (passport) u need no loe

Thanks MummyJaygirls, I'm grateful. But how about the other one I had submitted earlier for the study permit? I hope that won't raise any red flag
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by kissoflife: 11:37am On Aug 19, 2017
Guys,

How can I get a Job through the job bank portal? Who has been successful with this?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by britiko: 12:15pm On Aug 19, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

@britiko and @nettye see sample and yes it must be notarized weda u type it ursef or not, but ask ur lawyer which he/she would prefer. Lawyers dey sabi do anyhow well well grin lipsrsealed

Thanks.i really appreciate ur help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Abbylee: 12:18pm On Aug 19, 2017
Hello House,

I have come again o. So I have decided to take the bull by the horn and enter this Canada thing.
I plan to write my ielts in September, I already have my wes sorted. My brother is giving me a chunk of the POF when i'm ready to dive into the pool. He has his own registered business.
My questions:

1. How long does it normally take the ielts to come out after the exam day, and the test report?

2. Whats the best approach for the POF from my brother, do i get the money now and just leave it in my account for 6 months, or do i wait till I'm ready to dive in the pool to receive it and get a letter of explanation or gift deed (whats the difference sef? Do they go hand in hand?), or get the money now and buy Tbillz, roll over for 3mnths whenever due? I also have my own money scattered in different accounts. I really want to know how to arrange my accounts/funds since i won't be getting into the pool for another 3 months or so, so i reckon i have some time.

3. I have an uncle in Canada, my mom's younger brother, he counts as a relative right? On the CRS calculator, i only saw siblings. Can he boost my points? Will i need any documents from him and if yes,at what point will that be?

Thanks so much!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by britiko: 12:18pm On Aug 19, 2017
Feygbe:

Hi.Is your sibling the principal applicant? If yes, you do not need to show your proof of funds. Transfer the money into your siblings account and keep the proof of transfer. You can either transfer it in naira into her naira account or USD into a dom account. Prepare the gift deed on A4 and notarize it. You can also do an affidavit for her. Then she uploads the gift deed, the affidavit, the proof of transfer and the bank letter.

You can also send me a PM.

Thanks. Will send u a PM shortly
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ajujuju2: 12:20pm On Aug 19, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

U dey vex o, lol

Lol... Mak una no mind me o.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by kissoflife: 12:54pm On Aug 19, 2017
Guys,

How can I get a Job through the job bank portal? Who has been successful with this?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by adefrancis340: 12:55pm On Aug 19, 2017
Someone posted this, page 2 and am new here...need clarification

This is what the CIC website states in relation to assessing law degrees:

For Express Entry, we only accept professional degrees in these fields:

medicine,
veterinary medicine,
dentistry,
podiatry,
optometry,
law,
chiropractic medicine, or
pharmacy.

Please can anyone confirm if these are they only courses accepted as professional course under express entry.
Because I know medical laboratory technology require writing professional exam before you are licenced to practice in any state in canada
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by einsteino(m): 12:56pm On Aug 19, 2017
Abbylee:
Hello House,

I have come again o. So I have decided to take the bull by the horn and enter this Canada thing.
I plan to write my ielts in September, I already have my wes sorted. My brother is giving me a chunk of the POF when i'm ready to dive into the pool. He has his own registered business.
My questions:

1. How long does it normally take the ielts to come out after the exam day, and the test report?

2. Whats the best approach for the POF from my brother, do i get the money now and just leave it in my account for 6 months, or do i wait till I'm ready to dive in the pool to receive it and get a letter of explanation or gift deed (whats the difference sef? Do they go hand in hand?), or get the money now and buy Tbillz, roll over for 3mnths whenever due? I also have my own money scattered in different accounts. I really want to know how to arrange my accounts/funds since i won't be getting into the pool for another 3 months or so, so i reckon i have some time.

3. I have an uncle in Canada, my mom's younger brother, he counts as a relative right? On the CRS calculator, i only saw siblings. Can he boost my points? Will i need any documents from him and if yes,at what point will that be?

Thanks so much!!!

1. takes about 2wks for online results, then hard copy i cant remember
3. no he doesnt count as a relative. immediate family only

for no 2, i am still a learner

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by behati: 12:59pm On Aug 19, 2017
kissoflife:
Guys,

Job bank is just like any other job search engine. Search for jobs that match your profile, follow the instructions and apply. I don't know anyone that has done it and people argue that its difficult but not impossible to get a job in Canada while in Nigeria. Goodluck!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Feygbe: 1:00pm On Aug 19, 2017
Abbylee:
Hello House,

My questions:

Thanks so much!!!
1. I am not very sure. I wrote mine elsewhere. I will say two weeks thereabout.

2. If the money is ready, you can keep it in your acct now. You will not need a gift deed if it has been in your account longer than 6 months before e-APR.

3. You can get points from him in the eligibility ie 67/100, but not CRS points.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by kissoflife: 1:18pm On Aug 19, 2017
behati:

Job bank is just like any other job search engine. Search for jobs that match your profile, follow the instructions and apply. I don't know anyone that has done it and people argue that its difficult but not impossible to get a job in Canada while in Nigeria. Goodluck!

Thanks for the reply.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by seunfoster: 1:27pm On Aug 19, 2017
Infact that was my experience. I had to write again because I got 7.5 in listening.
[color=#006600][/color]
MummyJaygirls:

Listening is the koko in the English test for EE, anything short of 8 means u will have to rewrite. Try it out and see what a difference of 0.5 (7.5 - 8 ) can do to your CRS score
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sweetrie(f): 2:38pm On Aug 19, 2017
Modified.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by caon: 2:54pm On Aug 19, 2017
Hephgirl:
compared to $7 undecided
I noticed cad to usd is a better rate if u use ur American account than naija dom account
hephgirl,pls I need to clarify sometin,I was charged d sum of 322.05 cad inclusive of international courier n harmonised sales tax for ECA package.I wan to know if I am nt n track cos urs seem abit cheaper n wen I checked my account today it was written as document by document evaluation credential assessment pls hope I chose d write package for immigration.cc erhnie n coctrane.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Osemigho: 4:22pm On Aug 19, 2017
ugoiyke79e:

Ose baba!!! wehdonesir!
how far your packaging? hope u are set?

Ugo mama!!! Wehdonema!

Package just dey. Nothing serious, time still dey jare.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Osemigho: 4:31pm On Aug 19, 2017
calfy:

@Osemigho chai! You wan move to permanent site? cool
God has completed my permanent site. I can only move to "camp ground" AKA citizenship, and that takes time.

Anyways, we are already gathering info about its requirements - presence duration, language, exam, etc. we will get there. Amen!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Osemigho: 4:31pm On Aug 19, 2017
Saintp:
I hear people say the target for IELTS should be 8777 for LSRW. Must the listening be 8? what if the result is 7787 or 7778 for LSRW? would it not give the same score?

Please can someone explain this to me?

You won't understand the impact until you predict your CSR score using below link.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by olajide21: 4:35pm On Aug 19, 2017
Hello house. Can i do PCC in Abuja; Police HQ or its only done in Alagbon? If alagbon is the only place where it can be done, is it important i am there in person?

(1) (2) (3) ... (816) (817) (818) (819) (820) (821)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.