Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,491 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:29 PM

My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time (49735 Views)

Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. / See The Giant Tortoise Found And Slaughtered For Peppersoup In Lagos (photos) / White Girl Sees Nigerian Fried Plantain For The First Time And Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 02, 2015
Adanna28:
Efulefu bastard! eat mbe angry angry
Thunder fire you! angry angry
take it easy dear. Rivers waterside people eat tortoise a lot especially people from Abua/Odual.
Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by Doughyeenbae(f): 2:37pm On Oct 02, 2015
Nyanmaa.. Lol.... Op well done..
Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by trapQ: 2:38pm On Oct 02, 2015
Lmao... Funny comment.. A chicken didn't hurt nobody too but you eat it wink
invisibility:

Tortoise for real? That innocent harmless creature that never hurt anybody. The OP can eat anything.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by McLove(m): 2:38pm On Oct 02, 2015
Do you mean tortoise? Alabahun

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by ruggedtimi(m): 2:39pm On Oct 02, 2015
bt no big deal here...hv eatng turtle several tyms...not tortoise sha undecided
Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 02, 2015
HungerBAD:
I was born and raised in the Western part of Nigeria.

Lagos specifically, although a Niger Deltan.

As a young boy growing up, I use to see a lot of sacrifices with tortoise all around me. Those memories never left my head.

I still associate tortoises with sacrifices.

No vex. But to me it just be like say you chop one sacrifice now.

People can be funny
Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by philiancoop(m): 2:40pm On Oct 02, 2015
OP join them dey disturb the ecosystem... LOL
Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by lalaberry(f): 2:41pm On Oct 02, 2015
It's unfair. Why eat such harmless animal? Meat don finish for market. Na wa

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 02, 2015
Chulex:
It was a very sunny day as I drove from Port harcourt to Ughelli, and as usual I stopped at the the roadside stalls on the highway to buy foodstuff(usually prawns and plantain).

Surprisingly I saw tortoises of various sizes hanging on from the wooden sheds. I got so curious as I have heard of people eating it and I had never tasted it.

So I decided to price one small one, which I eventually bought for #1500. I happily put it in my booth anticipating what delicacy I wud prepare with it.

How to kill it and remove shell now became the next issue, I've only heard of about people removing the shell with very hot water.

Luckily for I found someone who was going to kill but instead of using hot water, the tortoise was heated on a stove to make it easy to remove the meat out of the shell.

That was how I made Banga soup with with tortoise. Unfortunately I don't have photo of the soup but I have the picture of the tortoise and the killing process

Even though all my friends criticized me for eating it, claiming it was an endangered species, I must confess I really enjoyed my Banga soup cooked with tortoise meat(Kinda tasted like chicken)

Can you upload the pix of the tortoise balls! I want to see what it looks like or...idonblivit

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by DukeNija(m): 2:41pm On Oct 02, 2015
Adanna28:
Efulefu bastard! eat mbe angry angry
Thunder fire you! angry angry

Are you related to a Tortoise?

7 Likes

Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by Rotimi47: 2:42pm On Oct 02, 2015
haytripple:
Exactly the way my cousin removed d shell also. I ate the meat that just to boast to my frd I ate a new kind of meat bt I didn't like myself 2ruout dat week cos anytime I av stomach bug my mind will ring back if the tortoise caused it lol
grin
Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by joystickextendr: 2:42pm On Oct 02, 2015
yuck embarassed

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by Rotimi47: 2:43pm On Oct 02, 2015
trapQ:
Lmao... Funny comment.. A chicken didn't hurt nobody too but you eat it wink
You're wicked grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by LastSurvivor: 2:43pm On Oct 02, 2015
Nigerians get mind die, of all d meat in the whole world na tortoise hungry u. chaii

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by HINCO(m): 2:44pm On Oct 02, 2015
Ah! Some ppl fit it lizard too ooh. Nah wah oooh cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by osazeeblue01: 2:44pm On Oct 02, 2015
I ate before when i was younger and the meat taste nice.
Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by menix(m): 2:45pm On Oct 02, 2015
Op after eating it, ve u discovered that ur _erection comes on slow pace nd u now thrust more cous of d slow Rythm in u.

Pray it does not put u in Buhari's condition.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by Rotimi47: 2:45pm On Oct 02, 2015
You guys won't kill someone with laughter as some of your comments keep making me laugh in Swahili grin

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by AmakaDNBStories(f): 2:46pm On Oct 02, 2015
Omg, why did I open this thread...
Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by Zuris: 2:48pm On Oct 02, 2015
California30:
I do go to my Friend's house when i was in Nigeria, his father was a native doctor, they will kill & cook the tortoise they used in sacrifices to the gods & we will all eat.

Yeepa!
Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by Babalegba(m): 2:48pm On Oct 02, 2015
Did the O.p actually put a live tortoise on the gas cooker Nigerians are such heartlessness unthinking simian fools. No wonder the country is so bleeped up.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by Morhziez(m): 2:49pm On Oct 02, 2015
If it farts inside ur stomach.....
Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by PROPHETmichael: 2:50pm On Oct 02, 2015
California30:
I do go to my Friend's house when i was in Nigeria, his father was a native doctor, they will kill & cook the tortoise they used in sacrifices to the gods & we will all eat.

No wonder that despite being in a foreign land, you still dey see your self 4 your village every time. u did not only eat sacrifice, u chop winch too. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by IceDude(m): 2:51pm On Oct 02, 2015
invisibility:

Tortoise for real? That innocent harmless creature that never hurt anybody. The OP can eat anything.
Chicken is also harmless, why do u eat it?

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by trapQ: 2:53pm On Oct 02, 2015
Hehehehe
Rotimi47:
You're wicked grin
Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by IceDude(m): 2:55pm On Oct 02, 2015
PROPHETmichael:

No wonder that despite being in a foreign land, you still dey see your self 4 your village every time. u did not only eat sacrifice, u chop winch too. undecided

Hahahahaha, abeg i nor get strenght to laff
Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by dominique(f): 2:56pm On Oct 02, 2015
In my decades of existence I've never heard of tortoise being eaten.

There's nothing Nigerians can't eat, even the rearest of the endangered species, they must eat. Why are we like this? We need functional conservation agencies in this country.

The way the Op snuffed life out of the poor tortoise makes me sick.

6 Likes

Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by IYANGBALI: 3:00pm On Oct 02, 2015
Op na people like you dey chop human beings

8 Likes

Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by IYANGBALI: 3:02pm On Oct 02, 2015
AmakaDNBStories:
Omg, why did I open this thread...
you wan do amebo now tongue

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by Nature129(m): 3:03pm On Oct 02, 2015
According to Igbo tales, tortoises are the most intelligent set of animals. So, keep eating it who knows, you may just graduate with a first class grin

6 Likes

Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 02, 2015
Hian!!!..op has eaten sacrifice
Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by shybrown: 3:08pm On Oct 02, 2015
HungerBAD:

We can send our message across without cursing.
don't mind the village star,adanna bush gul

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lacasera: Does It Contain Bleaching Chemical ? / The Fishes One Man Caught In My Village Today / What Happened To MR BIGGS?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.