Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

How Can She Be Half Brazilian? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How Can She Be Half Brazilian? (13208 Views)

See Bikini Pictures Of Brazilian Modelwho Cleam Tyga Cheated On Kaylie Withher / Dancer, Kaffy Half Unclad In Recent Photos / Barbee= Half Nigerian Half Jamaican Reggae Singer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can She Be Half Brazilian? by ezeagu(m): 11:40pm On Apr 16, 2009
Nollywood actress 'Alex Lopez' clims to be half Nigerian and half Brazilian.  undecided She's a good looking woman, so theres no offence to her, I just want to know if someone is telling porky pies or not!

I'm suspicious of this for a lot of reasons, the top ones including:

3. She has a Nigerian accent (not that important)
2. She looks like an Okoro's daughter
1. Lopez is Spanish, Brazilians speak and have portuguese surnames,

Why can't people just be happy being African?
Re: How Can She Be Half Brazilian? by tpia: 12:43am On Apr 17, 2009
Re: How Can She Be Half Brazilian? by janedoe(f): 2:19am On Apr 17, 2009
Could be possible,Seal looks very nigerian but is half Brazilian too, correct me if I'm wrong but I tot some african slaves were dropped off in Brazil?her Brazilian parent could have been a descendant of one of them slaves.
Re: How Can She Be Half Brazilian? by semid4lyfe(m): 11:05am On Apr 17, 2009
@janedoe
u're very wrong--Seal is not half brazilian.
I'm posting via phone so I can't copy and paste the exacts words from wikipedia but this is exactly how it is on wikipedia:
Seal was born Seal Henry Olusegun Olumide Adeola Samuel to Nigerian parents in London,England.THE RUMOUR THAT HE WAS HALF BRAZILIAN IS FALSE.He was adopted because his parents were unable to support him financially.
U're obviously one of those who heard the false rumour.
Back to topic,
who cares if she's half brazilian or not but the reasons u've given 4 not believing she's half brazilian are flimsy n watery IMO.
Bottom line-she may and may not be half brazilian.
Re: How Can She Be Half Brazilian? by spikedcylinder: 12:37pm On Apr 17, 2009
Her boobs certainly look Brazilian. grin grin grin
Re: How Can She Be Half Brazilian? by janedoe(f): 12:46pm On Apr 17, 2009
@ semid4lyfe,I'm not gonna argue cos I don't know him personally but you know wiki is not always accurate right? did you happen to see their disclaimer?here you go:

Wikipedia is an online open-content collaborative encyclopedia, that is, a voluntary association of individuals and groups working to develop a common resource of human knowledge. The structure of the project allows anyone with an Internet connection to alter its content. Please be advised that nothing found here has necessarily been reviewed by people with the expertise required to provide you with complete, accurate or reliable information.

That is not to say that you will not find valuable and accurate information in Wikipedia; much of the time you will. However, Wikipedia cannot guarantee the validity of the information found here. The content of any given article may recently have been changed, vandalized or altered by someone whose opinion does not correspond with the state of knowledge in the relevant fields.

So we can't be too sure can we?
Re: How Can She Be Half Brazilian? by ezeagu(m): 4:26pm On Apr 17, 2009
:-|
Re: How Can She Be Half Brazilian? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:28pm On Apr 17, 2009
if she is she's definitely on the lower end of those beautiful people.

I dont like her and her acting sucks. Lopez ko. Hernandez ni.
Re: How Can She Be Half Brazilian? by tpia: 5:21pm On Apr 17, 2009
Re: How Can She Be Half Brazilian? by semid4lyfe(m): 12:48am On Apr 18, 2009
@janedoe
You're right about info obtained from wikipedia not always been factually correct but I'll rather believe something I read in wikipedia than 'your own hearsay'.
@ezeagu the poster
I repeat ur reasons r flimsy.The burden of proof is on you--give us concrete and irrefutable reasons to prove she couldn't be half brazilian or keep quiet.
Re: How Can She Be Half Brazilian? by janedoe(f): 3:42am On Apr 18, 2009
@ semid4lyfe Good for you
Re: How Can She Be Half Brazilian? by maray(f): 6:05am On Apr 18, 2009
Re: How Can She Be Half Brazilian? by Pepeye(f): 7:00am On Apr 18, 2009
How do Brazilians look?
Re: How Can She Be Half Brazilian? by Sissy3(f): 7:26am On Apr 18, 2009
i think she looks like a typical or above average naija woman who just happen to have very light skin, with some fancy wig, a foreign sounding name and a funny accent undecided undecided undecided this is not bashing ooo, just that i have seem some naija females with her features who are nigerian?

of course this is just my own "thinking" maybe she could be half Brazilian
Re: How Can She Be Half Brazilian? by ezeagu(m): 8:47am On Apr 18, 2009
Pepeye:

How do Brazilians look?

I don't recommend googling it (at least if your not at home!)

Well she could be Brazilian, but she looks VERY Igbo, so, the topic
Re: How Can She Be Half Brazilian? by ezeagu(m): 8:49am On Apr 18, 2009
tpia:

sorry to burst your bubble but she looks Yoruba if you check her features carefully and ignore the light skin.

By Lagos Brazilian I mean is her dad a Lagosian of Brazilain heritage.

You've broken my heart?
Re: How Can She Be Half Brazilian? by ezeagu(m): 8:51am On Apr 18, 2009
semid4lyfe:

@janedoe
You're right about info obtained from wikipedia not always been factually correct but I'll rather believe something I read in wikipedia than 'your own hearsay'.
@ezeagu the poster
I repeat ur reasons r flimsy.The burden of proof is on you--give us concrete and irrefutable reasons to prove she couldn't be half brazilian[b] or keep quiet.[/b]

Hmm, I guess this is semid4lyfeland, I gave you the reasons, if you think their flimsy thats your business, its not that serious anyway.
Re: How Can She Be Half Brazilian? by Afam4eva(m): 9:37am On Apr 18, 2009
Alex lopex is neither half brasilian or Nigerian, she's a camerounian.
Re: How Can She Be Half Brazilian? by Nobody: 11:31am On Apr 18, 2009
Nope,she is from Niger republic tongue
Re: How Can She Be Half Brazilian? by semid4lyfe(m): 2:01pm On Apr 18, 2009
Nonsense!Like se na by force to start thread.
Re: How Can She Be Half Brazilian? by Ced8: 5:42pm On Apr 18, 2009
Like say na by force for you to reply
Re: How Can She Be Half Brazilian? by semid4lyfe(m): 6:23pm On Apr 18, 2009
Yeye!Small time,dem go start thread and say how can Lilian Bach be half polish?
Shioo!
Re: How Can She Be Half Brazilian? by spikedcylinder: 6:29pm On Apr 18, 2009
Whats wrong with asking questions when in doubt? Nawa! undecided
Re: How Can She Be Half Brazilian? by tpia: 8:40pm On Apr 18, 2009
Re: How Can She Be Half Brazilian? by teissys(f): 3:46pm On Apr 21, 2009
Lolz. grin
Until you get more convincing info, continue speculating. But she has an extremely terrible accent for even a half-baked Brazillian. Even if she truly is, that is her own coco yam; she will swallow it alone. . .
Re: How Can She Be Half Brazilian? by Nobody: 12:45am On Apr 22, 2009
Even if she truly is, that is her own coco yam

that's all.
Re: How Can She Be Half Brazilian? by amebono13: 3:12am On Apr 22, 2009
i dont like her
Re: How Can She Be Half Brazilian? by wunmilyn(f): 2:09pm On Apr 22, 2009
she is from Irag tongue tongue
Re: How Can She Be Half Brazilian? by cuteuche: 9:46pm On Oct 04, 2010
ALL OF U ARE SO BLOODY retarted i swear
firstly shes lived in nigeria most of her life hw d Bleep do u expect her to have a brazillian accent if shes in nigeria SO USE UR FUCKING SENSE BEFORE U TALK.
secondly SHE is half brazillian bloody believe it or not cos i knw all of u are just hating the time ur using to post useless comments u wuld be makking 1 quarter of d money shes making nd plss dnt chat shit, does she look yoruba in ur eyes, PLS GO TO SPECsavers cos u fucking need glasses
NO ONE PISS ME off cos shes my bestfriend's mum nd i knw she is clearly brazillian kmt
P.S i only signed up in this bloody blog just to answer ur very stupid thread or watever nd PLSSS shes mixed u dnt expect her to look completely white do u? nd for ur bloody information, d way u have black americans dts d way u have black brazillians get over it, KMT
Re: How Can She Be Half Brazilian? by InkedNerd(f): 11:28pm On Oct 04, 2010
cuteuche:

ALL OF U ARE SO BLOODY retarted i swear
firstly shes lived in nigeria most of her life hw d bleep do u expect her to have a brazillian accent if shes in nigeria SO USE your bleeping SENSE BEFORE U TALK.
secondly SHE is half brazillian bloody believe it or not cos i knw all of u are just hating the time your using to post useless comments u wuld be makking 1 quarter of d money shes making nd plss dnt chat poo, does she look yoruba in your eyes, PLS GO TO SPECsavers cos u bleeping need glasses
NO ONE PISS ME off cos shes my bestfriend's mum nd i knw she is clearly brazillian kmt
P.S i only signed up in this bloody blog just to answer your very silly thread or watever nd PLSSS shes mixed u dnt expect her to look completely white do u? nd for your bloody information, d way u have black americans dts d way u have black brazillians get over it, KMT

I totally agree. Just because she has a Nigerian accent doesn't mean she's not "half Brasilian". As a matter of fact, there is a part of Brasil where the locals accents sound like Americans speak Portuguese. Are you doing to sit here and say that they aren't Brasilian because they have semi-American sounding accents? There's not particular look to being Brazilian. Smmfh, the ignorance that's within the minds of some people baffles me at times. I have MANY Brasilian friends and not one of them look the same. Some of them are darker than some Africans that I know and some are lighter than some Europeans that I know. PLEASE PEOPLE, ENLIGHTEN YOURSELVES and stop letting your ignorance be your undoing. I know many Brasilians that answer the name Lopez with both the Spanish and Portuguese spelling. And by the way, there's no such thing as being half of a nationality, but there is such a thing as being half/part of a particular group. Ethnicity and nationality are two different things and you all need to learn to stop using the two as though they are one in the same. Of all the countries in the world, Brasil is the one of the main melting pots of the world that demonstrates the integration and mixing of VARIOUS ethnic groups.
Re: How Can She Be Half Brazilian? by AloyEmeka5: 5:46am On Oct 05, 2010
cuteuche:

does she look yoruba in your eyes

She doesn't look Brazilian either.

See typical Brazilian Yoruba guy and compare his features with Alex Lopez.

[img]http://www.topnews.in/sports/files/ronaldinho_2.jpg[/img]
Yourba Brazilian player
Re: How Can She Be Half Brazilian? by AloyEmeka5: 5:54am On Oct 05, 2010
tpia:
sorry to burst your bubble but she looks Yoruba if you check her features carefully and ignore the light skin.

By Lagos Brazilian I mean is her dad a Lagosian of Brazilain heritage
Sorry to burst your bubble too. Your keen eyes for spotting Yoruba features are seriously flawed. Alex Lopez has no Yoruba blood in her.

Tell us about your family?
I’m from a family of five girls and a boy. I’m child number two. It’s a lovely family. My father is a Brazilian while my mum is from Obosi, Anambra State. I’m a naturalized Lagosian.
When was the last time you met with your dad one on one?
I see him whenever I want to see him.

http://nigeriamovies.net/starprofiles/lopez.php

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Beyonce The Transgender Man How Many Guys Still Hot For This One? Exposed. / Meet The 15 Years Old Girl With The Biggest Hips In Nigeria / 'Women Dissing Women Is The Reason They Are Their Own Problem' - Tonto Dikeh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.