Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,874 members, 7,806,501 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:27 PM

Full Speech: Buhari Addresses The 70th UN Assembly (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Full Speech: Buhari Addresses The 70th UN Assembly (Photos) (31444 Views)

Presidential Speech: Buhari Is A Big Hypocrite – Omokri / President Buhari addresses Nigerians, Says he is deeply Grateful (VIDEO) / Full Speech: Buhari Addresses UN General Assembly On Climate Change (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Full Speech: Buhari Addresses The 70th UN Assembly (Photos) by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:00pm On Sep 25, 2015
At adoption of post-2015 Devpt Agenda, Buhari urges world leaders to eliminate illiteracy, hunger & disease BY 2030

STATEMENT BY: H.E. MUHAMMADU BUHARI PRESIDENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA AT THE 70TH UNITED NATIONS GENERAL ASSEMBLY UNITED NATIONS HEADQUATERS, NEW YORK ON 25TH, SEPTEMBER 2015

Excellencies, Ladies and Gentlemen, I welcome you to this important event. Let me express Nigeria's sincere appreciation to UN-AIDS for the support and collaboration in organizing this event.

2. We are on the threshold of history as world leaders adopt the successor development agenda to the Millennium Development Goals. For over 30 years, HIV as a public health challenge has been causing havoc and untold hardship in virtually every part of the world. To date, several million children have been orphaned and some communities have been devastated, while economic activities have been disrupted.

3. Unfortunately, Sub -Saharan Africa bears a disproportionate burden of this epidemic. The good news is that the effort of the global community has resulted in greater control, less spread and better management.

4. Furthermore, we have made significant progress towards the interception of mother to child transmission of HIV. In 2014 alone, over 3million pregnant women were tested for HIV and 63,000 of these tested women, accessed anti - retroviral therapy. Excellencies, Ladies and Gentlemen,

5. What is required in our continued fight against HIV/AIDS is improved health delivery system, education, and cheaper production of anti - retroviral drugs through technology exchange. Our countries should also look at the whole field of medicare and strengthen our partnership with all stakeholders including the civil society, inter- faith and cultural bodies for education and dissemination of information at all levels. Nigeria will also like to call upon all pharmaceutical companies for more cooperation and understanding in reducing the cost of anti - retroviral drugs through production of generic items. Excellencies, Distinguished Delegates.

6. Nigeria will continue to work with development partners and key stakeholders to strengthen the means of implementation of the SDGs as elaborated in the Post- 2015 Development Agenda. At the continental level, Nigeria remains fully committed to the outcome of the Abuja process as evident in the 2002 Declaration, the Action Framework on Roll – Back Malaria. In addition, the 2013 Abuja + 12 Declaration is a strong commitment towards eliminating HIV and AIDs in Africa by 2030. Globally, the United Nations Political Declaration on HIV and AIDS of 2011 is a major reference point for intensifying efforts to eliminate the epidemic.

7. Nigeria appreciates the support of our development partners for their support and commitment to the total eradication of HIV/AIDs, Tuberculosis and Malaria as well as other deadly communicable diseases, for example Ebola, when an epidemic arises.

8. I therefore encourage you to continue in your efforts to sustain the fight against infant and maternal deaths, HIV and AIDs, Tuberculosis, Malaria and other communicable diseases, high on the global development agenda.

9. Let us work together to make HIV and AIDs history by 2030.

10. I thank you.

http://www.wetinhappen.com.ng/full-text-of-president-buharis-speech-at-the-70th-un-general-assembly/

34 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Full Speech: Buhari Addresses The 70th UN Assembly (Photos) by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:00pm On Sep 25, 2015
Just Look At The Way The World Leaders Are Glued To Their Seats Listening To The Best President Of Nigeria...

Meanwhile, does anyone here still remember the last time, Our Former President Jonadafft addressed the same assembly? Here is the picture! No one wants to listen to a clueless and complete corrupt idiot of a President..smh!

He even went and hid in the toilet to avoid addressing the Assembly, but was forced out by the security men attached to the buliding cheesy

149 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Full Speech: Buhari Addresses The 70th UN Assembly (Photos) by dunkem21(m): 11:01pm On Sep 25, 2015
We have seen the pictures na grin ..

..We want to hear how he said those words ..

You may watch GEJ's presidential address to the UN assembly following this link and check for yourself the standing ovation from the "crowded" dignitaries ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NfUFZ_AP0U

..May the almighty grant us strength to always burst their propaganda .. Amen!

101 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Full Speech: Buhari Addresses The 70th UN Assembly (Photos) by theV0ice: 11:03pm On Sep 25, 2015
interesting.....
Re: Full Speech: Buhari Addresses The 70th UN Assembly (Photos) by bettercreature(m): 11:05pm On Sep 25, 2015
Nigeria on world stage at last
Wailers be like,i will vote for this man comes 2019
But will keep wailing till then

28 Likes

Re: Full Speech: Buhari Addresses The 70th UN Assembly (Photos) by kokoA(m): 11:05pm On Sep 25, 2015
I remember when one guy I use to know addressed the UN to grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Speech: Buhari Addresses The 70th UN Assembly (Photos) by Nobody: 11:05pm On Sep 25, 2015
I just hope it is subtitledgringringringrin

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Full Speech: Buhari Addresses The 70th UN Assembly (Photos) by Olayinka8793(m): 11:06pm On Sep 25, 2015
Re: Full Speech: Buhari Addresses The 70th UN Assembly (Photos) by 175(m): 11:06pm On Sep 25, 2015
Finally the lad from Daura is on the World Stage! Congratulations!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Full Speech: Buhari Addresses The 70th UN Assembly (Photos) by donholy28(m): 11:06pm On Sep 25, 2015
dunkem21:
We have seen the pictures na grin ..
..We want to hear what he said ..Any link?
let's pray that our ears don't bleed

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Full Speech: Buhari Addresses The 70th UN Assembly (Photos) by prof17(m): 11:07pm On Sep 25, 2015
If the world leaders should eliminent illiteracy, they will start from Who?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Speech: Buhari Addresses The 70th UN Assembly (Photos) by theV0ice: 11:07pm On Sep 25, 2015
donholy28:

If the ears of those who matter in the world don't bleed.....

We care less about yours bro wink

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Full Speech: Buhari Addresses The 70th UN Assembly (Photos) by dunkem21(m): 11:08pm On Sep 25, 2015
donholy28:

Lol

2 Likes

Re: Full Speech: Buhari Addresses The 70th UN Assembly (Photos) by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:10pm On Sep 25, 2015
lalasticlala! Oya!

1 Like

Re: Full Speech: Buhari Addresses The 70th UN Assembly (Photos) by HawksDude(m): 11:11pm On Sep 25, 2015
This man is on point. Quote me anywhere. kiss

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Speech: Buhari Addresses The 70th UN Assembly (Photos) by donholy28(m): 11:13pm On Sep 25, 2015
theV0ice:

Yea...u don't have to quote me if i don't matter....do u?

6 Likes

Re: Full Speech: Buhari Addresses The 70th UN Assembly (Photos) by theV0ice: 11:15pm On Sep 25, 2015
donholy28:
Yea...u don't have to quote me if i don't matter....do u?

You matter to me my friend.....

It hurts me to see a fellow Nigerian wasting away because of hate and prejudice wink

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Full Speech: Buhari Addresses The 70th UN Assembly (Photos) by razid: 11:15pm On Sep 25, 2015
I know some will still come here to complain about the pictures. Let me help you out if you belong to that category.

As a matter of fact, Nigeria of today is not the same as the one of 2 to 10 years ago. As at last month, we were told by NCC that over 63million people access the internet via mobile devices. This will tell you that the situation has changed. In the days of yore, you'll know a journalist by the recorder/shorthand note s/he carried around important dignitaries. But today, what do you see, a reporter using his mobile phone to take pictures and to record interviews. So, wake up, my friend, this is a digital age. A new era. Photography has evolved as you can take a very beautiful picture with a mobile phone with a higher MP (megapixel).

The short and long of my story is that, the pictures are just necessities of the moment. Once you have a phone, you can take a very good picture - even from a distance. So please, spare our President, he didn't ask the people to take his pictures. You can direct your complaints to those who are fond of taking his pictures. grin grin grin

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Speech: Buhari Addresses The 70th UN Assembly (Photos) by Nobody: 11:17pm On Sep 25, 2015
All the leaders in the audience have on their ear piece to listen to English translation of his English..lool

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Full Speech: Buhari Addresses The 70th UN Assembly (Photos) by theV0ice: 11:17pm On Sep 25, 2015
razid:
I know some will still come here to complain about the pictures. Let me help you out if you belong to that category.

As a matter of fact, Nigeria of today is not the same as the one of 2 to 10 years ago. As at last month, we were told by NCC that over 63million people access the internet via mobile devices. This will tell you that the situation has changed. In the days of yore, you'll know a journalist by the recorder/shorthand note s/he carried around important dignitaries. But today, what do you see, a reporter using his mobile phone to take pictures and to record interviews. So, wake up, my friend, this is a digital age. A new era. Photography has evolved as you can take a very beautiful picture with a mobile phone with a higher MP (megapixel).

The short and long of my story is that, the pictures are just necessities of the moment. Once you have a phone, you can take a very good picture - even from a distance. So please, spare our President, he didn't ask the people to take his pictures. You can direct your complaints to those who are fond of taking pictures. grin grin grin

You're so compassionate........trying so hard to educate folks who are almost impervious to learning.

Thumbs up bro

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Full Speech: Buhari Addresses The 70th UN Assembly (Photos) by cnwokike(m): 11:21pm On Sep 25, 2015
Re: Full Speech: Buhari Addresses The 70th UN Assembly (Photos) by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 25, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
Just Look At The Way The World Leaders Are Glued To Their Seats Listening To The Best President Of Nigeria...

The assembly hall is nearly empty

Dunce

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Full Speech: Buhari Addresses The 70th UN Assembly (Photos) by BALLOSKI: 11:27pm On Sep 25, 2015
I'm proud!

1 Like

Re: Full Speech: Buhari Addresses The 70th UN Assembly (Photos) by Nobody: 11:27pm On Sep 25, 2015
prof17:
If the world leaders should eliminent illiteracy, they will start from Who?
You are a trouble maker. grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Speech: Buhari Addresses The 70th UN Assembly (Photos) by BALLOSKI: 11:29pm On Sep 25, 2015
slyfoxxjoe:
All the leaders in the audience have on their ear piece to listen to English translation of his English..lool
illiterate, that's the tradition for so many years.

12 Likes

Re: Full Speech: Buhari Addresses The 70th UN Assembly (Photos) by disloman(m): 11:30pm On Sep 25, 2015
theV0ice:

WORD

8 Likes

Re: Full Speech: Buhari Addresses The 70th UN Assembly (Photos) by donholy28(m): 11:31pm On Sep 25, 2015
theV0ice:

You matter to me my friend.....

It hurts me to see a fellow Nigerian wasting away because of hate and prejudice wink
Hate! who tell u say i hate buhari? when i barely know him save for d part dat he's our president

1 Like

Re: Full Speech: Buhari Addresses The 70th UN Assembly (Photos) by gists: 11:32pm On Sep 25, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
Meanwhile, does anyone here still remember the last time, Our Former President Jonadafft addressed the same assembly? Here is the picture! No one wants to listen to a clueless and complete corrupt idiot of a President..smh!
Time is precious.
World learders only listen to people who will deliver value for the time spent on listening.
I too value my time. That is why I preferred to watch premier league or champions league match instead of listening to one fedora hat wearing former president.
Who will not make out time to listen to PMB? When we know he will deliver value. I won't miss his speech/interview for anything. Not even an el classico champions league final

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Speech: Buhari Addresses The 70th UN Assembly (Photos) by prof17(m): 11:32pm On Sep 25, 2015
jabbok:
You are a trouble maker. grin grin
you are wrong! What givs you the impresions
Re: Full Speech: Buhari Addresses The 70th UN Assembly (Photos) by theV0ice: 11:33pm On Sep 25, 2015
slyfoxxjoe:

Oh my dear almighty Father.....i beseech you

Dash this boy money enough to buy a TV so he can see how international conferences of this nature proceed seamlessly across different language platforms

11 Likes

Re: Full Speech: Buhari Addresses The 70th UN Assembly (Photos) by BALLOSKI: 11:33pm On Sep 25, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

who listens to a man that lacks integrity , honesty and above all, corrupt?

23 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu Visits Bruce Family On The Death Of Their Mother / Atiku’s Dramatic Emergence Causes Panic In Tinubu’s Camp / Photo Prof. Osinbajo Takes Campaign To Ikenne Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.