Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,725 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. (25377 Views)

Galaxy S9 Price, Release Date And Specs: Samsung Confirms Mwc Launch For S9, S9+ / MTN Confirms Removal Of Night Data Plans / Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by kuzee(m): 10:12am On Sep 26, 2015
i just de pity blackberry

Watch collections available Emporio armani,
Casio Edifice Et all and Timberland, with other collections,visit link at signature
Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by ExInferis(m): 10:17am On Sep 26, 2015
Too little too late. Must be embarassing, since their OS is far more advanced than Android.

Bkackberry is a goner.

They'd probably end up splintering their business and selling off the technologies.

BB 10 would be great as auto infotainment joining the ranks of Android Auto and Apple Carplay, or in IoT.

Or maybe they can create a cloud services business since they're good with security and enterprise sync.
Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by Electronzeez(m): 10:18am On Sep 26, 2015
ollah1:

That what??

They might make sense with their new android device because to me BlackBerry has never been making any sense since four years now.
Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by Shwarz: 10:23am On Sep 26, 2015
You'll truly enjoy that phone. HTC still ranks top4 among top phones if i'm not mistaking. Hardware, software, music, the phone has it all.

Kockane:
The Yoruba adage that says, it's till you see another person's father's farm, you would keep assuming your father's farm is the largest in the world.

Two weeks ago, I was still swearing allegiance to my blackberry Q10 till I lost it and a client got me HTC M9....

Cheeeeeeesos!!!! Everyday I'm discovering something new on the phone and I can't stop regretting all those wasted years on bb.

If them like, they should run it on human DNA OS, as for me o... Blackberry is dead and gone in my life!

Apart from me still getting used to the on-screen keyboard, this device is definitely gonna be one of the highlights of my 2015!

#Team HTC

....sent from my HTC One M9 kiss
Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 26, 2015
Electronzeez:

They might make sense with their new android device because to me BlackBerry has never been making any sense since four years now.

Like you said to you, it's your opinion. Bb10 is one of the best OS out there, lack of apps is the only major set back hence jumping on Android bandwagon.
Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by Junaknoni(m): 10:31am On Sep 26, 2015
grin grin grin

lets give a moment's silence for d totos dat will be torn.....all in d name of dis bb priv..

I dne knw say bb dne go wen dem dne dey sell curve2.....3500naira..........if dem like make dem make bb public.......running on java os........i dnt fvking care grin
Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by kaliboi94(m): 10:34am On Sep 26, 2015
Wot about Z10 I thought its android
Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by Decale: 10:35am On Sep 26, 2015
ExInferis:
Too little too late. Must be embarassing, since their OS is far more advanced than Android.

Bkackberry is a goner.

They'd probably end up splintering their business and selling off the technologies.

BB 10 would be great as auto infotainment joining the ranks of Android Auto and Apple Carplay, or in IoT.

Or maybe they can create a cloud services business since they're good with security and enterprise sync.

BlackBerry still going to stick with their original os

But pitting this with the BlackBerry hub and features, that's how close a smartphone gets

Give me a Note 4 comparable battery life and I'm sold
Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by donMIG(m): 10:38am On Sep 26, 2015
Kockane:
The Yoruba adage that says, it's till you see another person's father's farm, you would keep assuming your father's farm is the largest in the world.

Two weeks ago, I was still swearing allegiance to my blackberry Q10 till I lost it and a client got me HTC M9....

Cheeeeeeesos!!!! Everyday I'm discovering something new on the phone and I can't stop regretting all those wasted years on bb.

If them like, they should run it on human DNA OS, as for me o... Blackberry is dead and gone in my life!

Apart from me still getting used to the on-screen keyboard, this device is definitely gonna be one of the highlights of my 2015!

#Team HTC

Backstabbing human...after u have enjoyed BlackBerry sub like mad u come hia n spoil dia market ko

Sha me too go soon run from BlackBerry...d fone is boring joor Dats apart from all d freedom to stream browse n chat

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by Electronzeez(m): 10:39am On Sep 26, 2015
ollah1:

Like you said to you, it's your opinion. Bb10 is one of the best OS out there, lack of apps is the only major set back hence jumping on Android bandwagon.

Technology confortability is a choice . once again to me there is no better Os out there than android. Save me the condemnation, save me the android has got little or no security, save me the android Os consume data talk.

It still the only mobile Os making rich and poor happy and given the poor a sense of equality with the rich.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by Electronzeez(m): 10:42am On Sep 26, 2015
donMIG:

Backstabbing human...after u have enjoyed BlackBerry sub like mad u come hia n spoil dia market ko

Sha me too go soon run from BlackBerry...d fone is boring joor Dats apart from all d freedom to stream browse n chat

Free the convert,he has seen light. grin
Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by donMIG(m): 10:45am On Sep 26, 2015
Electronzeez:

Free the convert,he has seen light. grin
We have all seen d lyt

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by Campusser(m): 10:46am On Sep 26, 2015
I wonder what gals that opened their legs simply because of Blackberry Models like Thor and javelin will they hear this news.
Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 26, 2015
Electronzeez:

Technology confortability is a choice . once again to me there is no better Os out there than android. Save me the condemnation, save me the android has got little or no security, save me the android Os consume data talk.

It still the only mobile Os making rich and poor happy and given the poor a sense of equality with the rich.

You are taking the discussions elsewhere. I ain't making comparisons here, u stated earlier that bb weren't cool since 4 years ago nd I told u their hardware and software is pretty great. The only problem they have is the lack of apps. Don't u esilry comprehend that
Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by bigass123(m): 10:49am On Sep 26, 2015
Sweetie Wia av u been?
Maje ka fi oro le.. Soro,
Where my sallah meat
Aminat508:
sad
Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by Donkunxex(m): 10:49am On Sep 26, 2015
Kockane:

#Team HTC

welcome to the Htc family
Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by Aminat508(f): 10:51am On Sep 26, 2015
bigass123:
Sweetie Wia av u been?
Maje ka fi oro le.. Soro,
Where my sallah meat
lolz aregbe no pay, no sallah meat tongue tongue

Pls read my signature abeg

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by Electronzeez(m): 10:52am On Sep 26, 2015
ollah1:

You are taking the discussions elsewhere. I ain't making comparisons here, u stated earlier that bb weren't cool since 4 years ago nd I told u their hardware and software is pretty great. The only problem they have is the lack of apps. Don't u esilry comprehend that
I no just like bb ne
Be careful with the bolded.
Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by gp6liveth(m): 11:17am On Sep 26, 2015
Pls has anybody tried using Mtn 1k sub on tecno android? Currently am using Glo 3gb but its not fast compared to Mtn in my area. I want to use Mtn BB sub on my tecno pad. Pls I need more info.
Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by ExInferis(m): 11:21am On Sep 26, 2015
Decale:

BlackBerry still going to stick with their original os

But pitting this with the BlackBerry hub and features, that's how close a smartphone gets

Give me a Note 4 comparable battery life and I'm sold

Yes, i know they say they're stickiong with their OS, but for how long? Can they afford to split their dwindling resources across 2 platforms?

All this is nothig but a company in its death throes.

Going Android may igbite sales for a brief period due to curiosity but ulimately those sales are going to tank. Hardly any OEM is making profits besides samsung, and even the Galaxy behemoth is itself struggling with declining sales. Hardware manufacturers are not making any money on phones, the software-services guys are.

Apple, the king of profits, knows the hardware market is getting pretty saturated, so its deploying resources towards more services (iCloud Drive, Siri, Apple Music, Maps, Health, iTunes and App Stores etc). Google is pushing its play services and frameworks deeper into the Android core to better serve its services and tie other vendors into it (ie SnapChat); Microsoft is giving away windows for free to rope people into OneDrive, OneNote, Office365; Amazon is selling $50 tablet to further rope people into Prime and other Amazon services. Microsoft, Google and Amazon offer cloud computing (Apple only offers the SaaS version of it, for now).

What does Blackberry have? Nothing. BIS is dead thanks to data getting capped and multi-tiered, BBM is now multiplat and getting its lunch eaten by whatsapp. The only way is down.

Unless.....

They abandon hardware and go full cloud and services. Like i said earlier, BB OS is damn good. But even licensing it wont make a difference with AOSP out there. Samsung with all its resources couldnt make Tizen take off, Web OS died an inglorious death, Firefox OS and Ubuntu Phone are nowhere to be seen, Sailfish OS remains a hobby. Pushing forth a new platform is difficult; Android in a blackberry phone offers nothing compelling.

For now, its an iOS, Android and, to some extent, a Windows world.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by bigass123(m): 12:17pm On Sep 26, 2015
Why una no stone ahm for Eid.. Una never soji reach kwara people be that oh
Aminat508:
lolz aregbe no pay, no sallah meat tongue tongue

Pls read my signature abeg
Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by baloney: 12:24pm On Sep 26, 2015
can Android os be really secure. that a? to be answered in November.
Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by Aminat508(f): 12:59pm On Sep 26, 2015
bigass123:
Why una no stone ahm for Eid.. Una never soji reach kwara people be that oh
d mumu man don go Lagos nah embarassed

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by Nobody: 1:04pm On Sep 26, 2015
saw it on bloomberg.
Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by Excellentmind: 1:55pm On Sep 26, 2015
It's too late because Android has got wide acceptance round the globe at very competitive prices. I love mine because I don't need to bother myself with laptop.
Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by tonychristopher: 2:23pm On Sep 26, 2015
Tallesty1:
BlackBerry’s CEO John Chen confirmed yesterday that the rumors of its first Android device, are indeed accurate.

The report came as a part of the company’s quarterly earnings announcement released Friday, BlackBerry confirmed it would roll out an Android phone in late 2015 and it’s name will be blackberry priv.

“Today, I am confirming our plans to launch Priv, an Android device named after BlackBerry’s heritage and core mission of protecting our customers’ privacy,” BlackBerry CEO John Chen said in a written statement. “Priv combines the best of BlackBerry security and productivity with the expansive mobile application ecosystem available on the Android platform.”

He did not provide any significant details such as specs, pricing, or availability but BlackBerry did say that the phone will be called Priv, ie privacy.

You can recall the CEO once said that if he can secure Android Os then he will consider building one.

Also, BlackBerry’s CEO reaffirmed its commitment to BlackBerry 10 on Friday. The company says it will continue to “develop and enhance the BlackBerry 10 operating system.” The next update for BB10 will be version 10.3.3 rolling out in March.

The official specs of the BlackBerry priv will be revealed in few weeks and there’s a rumor that BlackBerry priv will launch on November.

SOURCE: http://www.naijatecharena.com/blackberry-confirms-rumor-working-android-phone/

BlackBerry has finally given up. I am using andriod 5.1...this is the finest android machine I have ever used
Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by tonychristopher: 2:30pm On Sep 26, 2015
Donkunxex:
welcome to the Htc family

I lived HTC phones are they now in andriod 5.1
Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by alexvatt(m): 2:45pm On Sep 26, 2015
We have always tell people that technology is a force. is either u obey of get out of the market. for blackberry to come bad. they will need to produce high specifications and cost effective tablets. or else the are on their own.
Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by d33types: 3:42pm On Sep 26, 2015
As if blackberry 10 wasn't Android with style
Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by nyafunyafu: 4:09pm On Sep 26, 2015
cooltony09:
Good Move...Some of us are loyal to the brand..
The BlackBerry Passport is the best device ever made by BlackBerry and perhaps in the smartphone segment for those who are upwardly mobile. The phone is great! A five star in my books, battery life, touch+keepad,memory,camera, useabilty,smart office tools, blend technology etc!
Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by mrcassanova(m): 6:12pm On Sep 26, 2015

Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 26, 2015
Mr BlackBerry, no matter how you improve your market and fail to bring down the price so that my grandmother can enjoy it b4 she dies, be rest assured that we are addicted to the normal Android. Kudos to Techno for making me to feel the global world on my palms with their affordable phones.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Things Affecting Battery And Data Life On Your Android & How To Manage Them / Tecno Mobile Launches Full Display Screen Smartphone, ‘CAMON CM’ / My Windows Phone Has Ended Support For Whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.