Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

The Four-lettered Word 'love' - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Four-lettered Word 'love' (1015 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Four-lettered Word 'love' by Chestar5(f): 11:35am On Sep 26, 2015
I just had success in writing my first novel 'Class clash', this is my third novel 'L.o.v.e' kiss

This is the story about a lady named Lydia, a workaholic who has no time for relationship or love.
She is the supervisor to the marketing dept. in a manufacturing company 'SICO'.
Although she is very dedicated and hardworking to her job, Lydia has a personality and attitude that shows she doesn't care about others.
By chance, her boss son became infatuated with her and she in turn became attracted to a new worker steven who was also like her but not sure of what she felt, she decided to keep her feelings to herself.
How would this two individuals leave their behaviors and attitudes aside and know what love is?

Read to find out. ENJOY!!!!!!

P.s....notice to anyone who wants to claim this story, original writer is Tchelber inc. Thanks kiss
Re: The Four-lettered Word 'love' by Chestar5(f): 11:59am On Sep 26, 2015
Episode 1- (Lydia's life)
'I'll inform her right away' says the secretary louise to Gina who came to visit Lydia
The phone rings in Lydias' office, grr, grr,

'What happened' lydia asked
'A woman wants t see you ma, she said she has an important message to say to you' louise said
'Okay let her in'
Who could that be? She thought

Lydia is a twenty-five year old graduate of business administration. She was quite fortunate to have gotten a job right after she was through with her education.
Because of her commitment in her job, she was already given a promotion which made her the supervising management to the marketing and advertising department of the company.
Lydia is one of the fortunate women on earth, God gave all the beauty and also the brains but this did not improve her attitude.

'Knock,knock' a voice said
'come in' Lydia answered, her friend and housemate regina came in.
'Woah, i have never been to your new office after you were promoted' Gina said as she looked around
'sit down, what do you want?' Lydia said crossly
'Hian, even in the office, you still have your 'mouth'. Anyway, i hope you didn't forget the money we said we would contribute to buy a new fridge for the apartment' Gina said as she brought out a mirror to check how she looks.
'so how much is my precentage pay?' Lydia asked
'You know, 25% each for the four of us.....well that is not the main reason am here'
'So why are you here then?'
'Your mom called home, she said your dad is in the hospital. He had a surgery and they need to foot his bill'
'What the....? Why didnt she call any of my brothers?' Lydia shouted in anger
'Hey!!, do u want me to remind u of your family situation? None of ur brothers are working. C'mon u are not the only one in the world taking care of a family!' Gina shouted back
'Alryt, i will give you part of the money and also you will help me out; you will go to the bank and pay the money to my dad's account. Hope am clear' Lydia said authorotatively
'Heh!, you are not my boss. I'll help u so stop commanding me; getting up she said:-
'And this your office is not looking bad only that its in wrong hands' Gina said as she walked out of the office
'Gosh, this is killing'
Re: The Four-lettered Word 'love' by Chestar5(f): 12:09pm On Sep 26, 2015
'Can't they spare me for once, always asking me for money as if am an ATM' Lydia said to herself as she hit her head softly.
Family life was not as rosy as she always prayed it will be.
When her father was still working, he told their mother not to work and be a house wife, he retired early as he was diagnosed with hyenia.
Although he already had the operation long time ago, his immune system dropped low and he is prone to various diseases.
Thank God Lydia has always been a fortunate human, she was able to find a job even while in school and after she graduated she got this job.
Her older brother Lent is not as secured any employment since graduating from university so she was their dependable variable as far as she is concerned.
TO BE CONTINUED........
Re: The Four-lettered Word 'love' by Chestar5(f): 12:28pm On Sep 28, 2015
'Oh my!, time is gone?' checking her watch; its 7:30pm now. And am not through with this files.' She dialed and called louise to come to her office.
'Yes ma' louise said as she entered with motion
'Take this, i have to go home now. I want you to be through with this before tomorrow. How you will do it, i dont care. I have done a wholesome part of it' she concluded as she stood up to take her things, then she left.
'Yes ma, i will be through' louise said following her closely

Lydia was so tired that she left her new official car behind and took a cab.
'Where are you stopping at, ma?' says the taxi driver
'Jones str.' Lydia replied
Just then, her phone rings. It was edna calling. Edna is also her room mate as Gina is. She travelled to visit her parents.
'Hello lydy. Are you at home?' Edna asked
'Nope, just going home now. Are u coming back today?'
'Yes oh, i want someone to be back home when i arrive thats why i called'
'So why did u call me? Have u called the others?'
No, i dont know if they will come home early. Since you are always home early most times, i decided to call' Edna said slowly
'Stop wasting your credit. Am already at the front of the house.' Lydia said as she cuts the connection, have your money' she said to the taxi driver
When she got home, she noticed the door was locked, 'where could those girls have gone to?' she said to herself
She went in, after taking her bath cooked dinner only for herself. It was not quite long she slept that Gina and Beck came in.
They saw the door unlocked and so they enetered in and saw lydia sleeping soundly on the sofa.
Immediately, beck went straight to the kitchen.
'She didn't even keep a morsel of food for us' Beck said annoyed
'Where you expecting her to do so?, you know who Lydia is' Gina said
'Let me prepare something light for us then. Edna is supposedly returning home today' She added
'Prepare noddles and carrot stew. Hmmn..tasty' Gina said smiling
Just then, Edna came in.
'Welcome!!. How was the trip?' Gina said as she helped her with her luggage
'Fine. Everyone at home sends their greetings. Oh!! Am so hungry. I can eat an elephant. Hope u guys are preparing something' Edna said
'Yes, sure' Gina assured her
Re: The Four-lettered Word 'love' by Chestar5(f): 12:36pm On Sep 28, 2015
'Okay, good. Let me go in to freshen up; noticing Lydia sleeping on the sofa, why is she not in her room, have she eaten?'
'For sure she has eaten as usual she didn't leave food for us in the pot when we came in sometime ago'
'Okay, thats her normal way so don't be angry'
'No we can't be'
Re: The Four-lettered Word 'love' by Chestar5(f): 9:21am On Oct 01, 2015
After the meal was prepared, the aroma of the meal was so tantalizing that it kept Lydia nose moving till she eventually woke up.

'oh!, what is the time?; seeing them on the dinning table, she said: You too are finally back and you too edna... Both of you, where did you go to?, i came back and found the door locked. No call, no text to tell me where you guys are heading to.... Why...' Lydia started complaining bitterly
Beck wanted to say something but Edna stopped her, 'cos she knew that if beck as spoken up her mind things could get more worse and it will be a long ight.
Edna was probably the only one that can handle Lydia if she gets pissed.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Guy Narrates How He Discovered His Girlfriend Of 8 Months Had Died 2 / Blood - A Short Story By Grace. O / Content Writer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.