Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? (17382 Views)

How Open Should One Be In Marriage? / What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays / How to Ask Your Girlfriend's Parents For Her Hand in Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by invisible2(m): 7:23am On Apr 25, 2009
Thats right Righocream, the 'real' job of the woman in the house is to take care of the family by cleaning, washing, cooking and making sure there is peace in the house. Thats how it has always been till some 'I too sabi' women entered the sacred institution of marriage.

These breed of women just thought its hard work to sit at home doing all the chores, so the started screaming equality to all, the men must cook! And this is after the man has seen all kinds of wahala outside fighting to provide everything for the family. Lazy women wont cook, they just sit around the house watching movies while the man endures the hot sun. At the end of the day the man comes in to see everywhere dirty and smelly.

Men should provide for the family in full, while the woman should take the provision and make good use of it to enable the man rest well in the house to recharge for tomorrow's challenges. Its only when the man cannot do his own part that the woman complains. Damn! How can I allow my pretty wife to go out and work for money? Or how can I start washing clothes in the house daily (except to teach my children how to wash) some jobs are not meant for the man.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by namun(f): 11:49pm On Apr 25, 2009
@poster and richyblack
you are every woman's nightmare. i suppose if ur sister or mother is in that situation u would advice her husband to give her more housework abi? because it is someone else daughter u can treat her the way u do.
kanayo, i would not want to use bad language to describe you but i am really tempted to. how can you be so insensitive, this is a human being like yourself who could be your sis or mom in another man's house, even if she were not pregnant is it too much 4 u to help out with house chores even once in a while.
apart from the sex and providing money what else are you usefull for in that house.
please i would never advice my enemy to marry you
please change your attitude
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by namun(f): 11:57pm On Apr 25, 2009
@invicible
another dumb comment. please and please, the definition between a mans role and a woman's role is gradually thinning out. women now go to work like men do in other to assist in the home so men should cook and clean like women do in other to assist in the house
simple
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by agabaI23(m): 12:24am On Apr 26, 2009
namun:

@invicible
another dumb comment. please and please, the definition between a mans role and a woman's role is gradually thinning out. women now go to work like men do in other to assist in the home so men should cook and clean like women do in other to assist in the house
simple

In as much as I agree with you in most part, I also want you agree that the woman should get ready to change tyres. There is no difference.

It is clear that there are thing that a man is not naturally fashioned to do. Some roles are easier for women than it is for mn even though can learn.

Very soon we will argue that men will be getting pregnant for half of the children the couple have agreed to bear. Ridiculous.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:26am On Apr 26, 2009
agabaI23:

Very soon we will argue that men will be getting pregnant for half of the children the couple have agreed to bear. Ridiculous.

Dont understand this comparison.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by C2H5OH(f): 12:28am On Apr 26, 2009
They surely are thinning out. Very true. But many of the double standards still remain intact.
Kudos for pointing that out.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by agabaI23(m): 12:42am On Apr 26, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Dont understand this comparison.
what don't you understand hun?
every thing the family will be shared equally between man and wife including child bearing. Oh I forgot to add that the woman will have to impregnate the when it the duty of the man to carry the pregnancy.

There is no longer any difference in roles.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Hauwa1: 12:48am On Apr 26, 2009
that would be nice. 2 labor/birthing for the woman, 2 labor/birthing for the man.

we are almost there, agaba123 cool
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:53am On Apr 26, 2009
agabaI23:

what don't you understand hun?
every thing the family will be shared equally between man and wife including child bearing. Oh I forgot to add that the woman will have to impregnate the when it the duty of the man to carry the pregnancy.

There is no longer any difference in roles.

Must say this logic is ridiculous. Since when is HOPING a husband would help out in household stuff esp when the wife is pregnant the same as "expecting the dude to be pregnant too"

That's something I'd expect from a village champion, agaba, not you.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:53am On Apr 26, 2009
*Hauwa*:

that would be nice. 2 labor/birthing for the woman, 2 labor/birthing for the man.

we are almost there, agaba123 cool

eww
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Hauwa1: 12:55am On Apr 26, 2009
TOH, they are just feeling bad that women are not expecting them to do something in the house. too bad (too good), it has come to stay.
let them continue to whine grin
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by agabaI23(m): 12:58am On Apr 26, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Must say this logic is ridiculous. Since when is HOPING a husband would help out in household stuff esp when the wife is pregnant the same as "expecting the dude to be pregnant too"

That's something I'd expect from a village champion, agaba, not you.
Thanks for the vote of confidence. However you failed to see the context on which I based my argument.

The lady I quoted said that there
namun:

@invicible
simple
The highlighted  portion is the reason for my argument . I am still a village champion though. grin
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:01am On Apr 26, 2009
Did you read WHY she responded like that?

You are not serious
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by invisible2(m): 1:02am On Apr 26, 2009
@ AGABA, thanks for pointing it out for her. Your points are clear. Everything will be shared one day.

God has created this world and made everything simple, we just like to complicate matters allin the name of developement, we wait and see.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by agabaI23(m): 1:12am On Apr 26, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Did you read WHY she responded like that?

You are not serious

What ever reasons . . . Sure I did not read why but that does not invalidate my input.

It is clear that there are things naturally are meant for women.  They are also naturally incline to doing such thing even if they are the CEOs of white house.
It does not change that. Having said that, i know a loving man will bend every rule to help a loving wife not a confrontational woman. Men anre inbued with ego at birth. You cannot fight for the head with him without getting bruised emotionally.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:17am On Apr 26, 2009
agabaI23:

What ever reasons . . . Sure I did not read why but that does not invalidate my input.

It is clear that there are things naturally are meant for women. They are also naturally incline to doing such thing even if they are the CEO of white house.
It does not change that. Having said that, i know a loving man will bend every rule to help a loving wife not a confrontational woman. Men anre inbued with ego at birth. You cannot fight for the head with him without getting bruised emotionally.

I dont think that's the cause of konoyo's problem
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by agabaI23(m): 1:19am On Apr 26, 2009
See
This is a portion of a poem titled man and woman.
What about barrage of hurtful words which kills the heart
what about the disrecpect that scorns his ego
He was imbued with huge ego at birth
No matter how he tries it comes back like echo.

Know this and be wise and your marriage will last
A man wil be nice if his ego is intact
When his ego is lost
He behaves more like a Arrow

Adapted from here
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by agabaI23(m): 1:19am On Apr 26, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

I dont think that's the cause of konoyo's problem
Ok
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by JJYOU: 1:22am On Apr 26, 2009
i have seen all your responses.

naturally as expected most women are in support of being idale cos of pregnancy.

they forget one thing that its a natural for them to do.

nobody is telling them to do anything from the extra ordinary.

women that are lazy see pregnancy as an excuse to idle and lazy away.

but in all i believe in support which i give to my wife and i expect her to supportive in all she does.

u still get mouth dey talk kanayo. wetin be the meaning of kanayo?
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by kanayo74(m): 7:18am On Apr 26, 2009
namum
i just see you are shallow minded and one tracked.

if u read the summary i had u will know i said am supportive.

i also said pregnancy should be used as a tool to get lazy and un-supportive at home.

After the Beinjin Conference in 1985 women tend to believe that they are equal to men:

Naturally you know that this is not possible.

God himself defined the Roles that a woman is a helper he didnt include the clause that said

(if pregnant she should not do anything)

Pregnancy as i said is not an extraordinary task for a woman to do,

its what she has been made for naturally.

by baba God himself.

when my mother was pregnant she didnt idle away cos she knew her duty.

if she were to be my sister i will tell her not to see pregnancy as a tool but as a way of accomplishing a purpose on earth

she should do her best in supporting the man by helping out in household chores and not idling away.

so if u think that once u a pregnant your husband has become ur MAID have a change of heart and get supportive.

JJYOU

WHY I NO GO TALK

i see you fight for the right of women.

remember that in Africa we have our cultural values

development should not erode that.

ask older women they will tell you that Pregnancy is not ment to make a woman lazy

but is what shows that u are a complete woman and the duties expected of you should be done.

remain focused and dedicated in all u do.

JJYOU u sound nice
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by invisible2(m): 7:53am On Apr 26, 2009
There is nothing wrong with helping out your wife, only that the wife should not nag for it or expect that the man is duty bound to help out in the home. If only they ask nicely, why not?

Its because of the insistence by some women outside that some men will decide even before getting married to avoid the kitchen, in other not to be called woman wrapper. Peace.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by righocream(m): 11:05pm On Apr 26, 2009
lol, @ALL WOMEN IN THE ROOM.

IF YOU KNOW THAT YOU HAVE A MAN YOU ARE DATING WHO HAS THESE QUALITIES YOU LOOK FOR IN A HUSBAND FOR EXAMPLE ACT LIKE A WIFE AND A SISI. CAN YOU RAISE YOUR HANDS UP TO INDICATE?

WOULD YOU ALL LIKE YOUR MALE CHILDREN TO BE SISY'S INSTEAD OF REAL MEN, HANDLING MASCULIN ISSUES AT ALL AFFAIRS? WOULD YOU LOVE YOUR MALES TO COOK FOOD AND WASH THE CLOTHES AND EVEN FIGHT TO CARRY THE CHILDREN,COOK AND DO SHOPPING FOR YOU WHILE YOU ARER AT WORK? COME ON, WHY DO YOU MISLEAD OUR YOUNGER GENERATIONS. YOU KNOW THE TRUTH AND YOU HAVE A LEGACY IRRESPECTIVE OF HOW YOU ARE TRYING TO SHOW YOUR IMPORTANCE IN THE SOCIETY TODAY DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU MUST RUIN WHAT YOU FOUND EXISTING, DID ABRAHAM COOK AND NANNY ISAAC? DID JOSEPH COOK AND NANY JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR? DID JOSEPH COOK AT HOME AND MARY GO TO WORK? DID MARY MARRY JOSEPH OR JOSEPH MARRIED MARY? LASTLY DOES YOUR FATHER MAKE THE HOME? IT IS THE WAY OF A WIFE TO MAKE THE HOME AND MAKE SURE THAT SHE IS A GOOD HOMEMAKER. GO AHED AND FOOL YOURSELVES THEN LATER YOU GET MARRIED AND YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT HIT YOU COS YOU START DRAGGING ROLES WITH YOUR HUSBAND AND NOT BE SUBMISSIVE AND BE THE TALK OF THE NEIGHBOURHOOD WHEN OTHER MARRIED COUPLES ARE ENJOYING THEIR LOVE LIVE WHILE YOU GET RETURNED TO YOUR MOTHER WHO THEY SEEMED DID NOT BRING YOU UP WELL. I WOULD LOVE ANYONE OR WOMAN WHO OPPOSES ME IN THIS POINT OF VIEW, PLEASE TAKE YOUR SHOT!!
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by tpiah: 11:12pm On Apr 26, 2009
was going to type a reply to the last three posters on this thread but why should I even waste my time.

especially on the likes of this righocream.

cream ko, shaving ni.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by invisible2(m): 11:26pm On Apr 26, 2009
Women should do feminine duties and men, masculine duties. The kitchen should be out of bounds to the males, let them fetch water and carry anything heavy, while the girls cook and wash.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Sissy3(f): 12:58am On Apr 27, 2009
invisible!:

Women should do feminine duties and men, masculine duties. The kitchen should be out of bounds to the males, let them fetch water and carry anything heavy, while the girls cook and wash.

why

u berra start changing ur views on certain things if not u will be left in the cloud.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by righocream(m): 2:39pm On Apr 27, 2009

was going to type a reply to the last three posters on this thread but why should I even waste my time.

especially on the likes of this righocream.
@Room

wow, this is a good one, I never thought that this would be so easy, lol you can imagine we are just talking of women and their lousy altitude towards running a man's life during pregnancy and then it results to ego and then who should be in charge and the women in the room says they believe in equality and everyone seemed to be unanimously in agreement. not forgetting tpiah, women in the room were saying all shit about being in charge, we are just few paragraphs of replies and then their faith relinquishes, now tpiah was gonna do something about the last three replies and then realised that she would be fooling herself by making any more stupid comments and then backed out, I was well indeed expexting atleast one from anyone, just one more comment and then Kaboom!!! the maggots would be out of the bag,

@by the way tpiah, no hard feelings if I used words like stupid or foolish, am not insulting yout character, this is just an humourous expression meant to drive a point. you are indeed a character just like me in this room, a very opposive one and that is what the room is all about , arguing and debating issues.

am out!
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by tpiah: 2:45pm On Apr 27, 2009
you better be out.

the skin on your knuckles must be like crocodile own thanks to the endless dragging!

Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by invisible2(m): 7:48pm On Apr 27, 2009
Are'nt women better cooks than men? The law of comparative advantage supports my views, men should make money, women should spend it at home.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Apr 27, 2009
invisible!:

Are'nt women better cooks than men? The law of comparative advantage supports my views, men should make money, women should spend it at home.

Why are the most famous chefs men
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by invisible2(m): 8:02pm On Apr 27, 2009
The proffesion they chose! Just for the money to give to the wifey to cook real dishes at home.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Apr 27, 2009
invisible!:

The proffesion they chose! Just for the money to give to the wifey to cook real dishes at home.

Go siddon! tongue

A better answer?
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by invisible2(m): 8:10pm On Apr 27, 2009
Okay, I will sit down, let others contribute.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Divorce In Nigeria / If Your Husband Has A Child Out Of Wedlock / What Is The Funniest Thing You Did When You Were Still A Child??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.