Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,827 members, 7,798,793 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:25 AM

Photo Of What I Saw In India . Science Or Magic? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Photo Of What I Saw In India . Science Or Magic? (83850 Views)

Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Explosion: 'Pictures Cannot Explain What I Saw' / A Policeman Hanging On A Danfo Bus! What I Saw On A Lagos Expressway Today / What I Saw In An Airline Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo Of What I Saw In India . Science Or Magic? by Bobbyjay001(m): 1:57am On Sep 27, 2015
SporaD8:
Lolz! This reminds me of this particular trick we play on passers with a block of foam coated with cement grey.
We simply shout, "catch" while throwing the foam at them from the first floor. of course they will assume it was a block we threw at them and instinctively dock .
Final verdict: that stone is not what you think it is!
if it is block of foam soaked in cement grey,the foam ought to be dangling when wind blows. Am not sure it's what you think.
Re: Photo Of What I Saw In India . Science Or Magic? by Nobody: 1:58am On Sep 27, 2015
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry. Simple trick of balancing. Without that block it would be difficult to balance the stick.
Re: Photo Of What I Saw In India . Science Or Magic? by charlesucheh(m): 2:04am On Sep 27, 2015
moscow37d:
Fellow nairalander. I was checking out a trend on nairaland of how a guy levitated at Ikeja, that brought about people staring for hours. Later the magic was busted and It was explained that the guy actually sat on a kind of chair that you can not see even with a closer look. That now remind me of what I saw in new Delhi (India ) when I went for a course. It's a huge stone tied to a stick, and the stick is sitting on a glass cup. It amazes me a lot every time I look at this picture. And there is this question that always comes to my mind . Could this be magic or science? Though I don't believe in magic but I need someone who can scientifically proof this to me or else I believe in magic once and for all if there is no proof for it. Thank yoy all.
You know what?
JUST BELIEVE IN MAGIC!
Cos hv got no scientific explanation for this VOODOOISH display...
Re: Photo Of What I Saw In India . Science Or Magic? by haqueurate(m): 3:24am On Sep 27, 2015
Lol
the two stones you observe ( tied to the stick and beneath the glass are load stones-they have magnetic properties)
like poles of magnets repel (push away), eg if u break a magnet you can never join the same edge together
the frame ( stick and glass are joined together to the bottom magnet for stability) but thr is no weight on the stick or glass cup because the bottom magnet is litrally suspending the top magnet (rock tied to the stick) and they appear magical cause all you are made to see is the glass cup part of the trick (wich plays with your sense and makes you opt for juju grin)

5 Likes

Re: Photo Of What I Saw In India . Science Or Magic? by aoyih(m): 3:35am On Sep 27, 2015
OP...did u notice the shadow at the base, behind the stone or object the glass is placed on.. I think I can see half a circle kinda shadow and I believe there's no visible object at the image to form dat shadow...maybe we could start from there...for those who know more about this kinda scenario..!!!
Re: Photo Of What I Saw In India . Science Or Magic? by xtervaganza(m): 4:41am On Sep 27, 2015
moscow37d:
Fellow nairalander. I was checking out a trend on nairaland of how a guy levitated at Ikeja, that brought about people staring for hours. Later the magic was busted and It was explained that the guy actually sat on a kind of chair that you can not see even with a closer look. That now remind me of what I saw in new Delhi (India ) when I went for a course. It's a huge stone tied to a stick, and the stick is sitting on a glass cup. It amazes me a lot every time I look at this picture. And there is this question that always comes to my mind . Could this be magic or science? Though I don't believe in magic but I need someone who can scientifically proof this to me or else I believe in magic once and for all if there is no proof for it. Thank yoy all.
ITS NOT MAGIC.........THIS IS ONLY THE BASIC ART OF BALANCING

MAYBE YOU SHOULD GOOGLE ROCK BALANCING
Re: Photo Of What I Saw In India . Science Or Magic? by emerem: 5:37am On Sep 27, 2015
moscow37d:

I dont think so. As d cup is transparrent. I took a several closer look. Infact i almost touched it
This is pure science. The stick was carved to fit the glass cup which will not break the lid hence it is fitted. The glass is glued to the base(little stone down). This is experimenting the second law of gravity. Anyway, you can quit smoking in just three days following this proven antidote. If you are interested text 08133972034 for free details.
Re: Photo Of What I Saw In India . Science Or Magic? by waldigit: 5:38am On Sep 27, 2015
moscow37d:
if that is not an illlusion or diabolic scene, then it must be that the cup is either glued to an embedded base that counterbalance the axis of centre of gravity which is point of application of the stone load.
Re: Photo Of What I Saw In India . Science Or Magic? by alsudaes1(m): 6:08am On Sep 27, 2015
pet4ril:
the glass is transparent and the stick is black, you can easily see through the glass if the stick were touching the ground sad angry please look and be sure before you quote wrongly

you are the one quoting wrongly
Re: Photo Of What I Saw In India . Science Or Magic? by alsudaes1(m): 6:16am On Sep 27, 2015
xtervaganza:
ITS NOT MAGIC.........THIS IS ONLY THE BASIC ART OF BALANCING

MAYBE YOU SHOULD GOOGLE ROCK BALANCING

then how do you account for the effect of air on it (Newton's law of inertia), remember the whole stuff is not encased in a vacuum
Re: Photo Of What I Saw In India . Science Or Magic? by kennethalice(m): 6:17am On Sep 27, 2015
Please where in India is this cus am presently in India now in Noida Uttar Pradesh since two weeks now
In fact I will be going the famous Taj Mahal today
Re: Photo Of What I Saw In India . Science Or Magic? by jimmynauty: 6:19am On Sep 27, 2015
zikmarty:
science will always have an explanation
this is then not science since no explanation
Re: Photo Of What I Saw In India . Science Or Magic? by kenoz(m): 6:26am On Sep 27, 2015
This one is trick
Re: Photo Of What I Saw In India . Science Or Magic? by doubleportion: 6:26am On Sep 27, 2015
moscow37d:
Has anyone has the scientic proof for it yet ?

It is science, if they remove the flat wood and place it on bare ground it will fall.

The reasson for the flat surface is to keep the bottle balance,while the centre of gravity of the load is careffully located.

If you look at the load very well you will discover that it was not placed straight, it was a little bit tilted because that is where the centre of gravity was found.

And don't marvel why bottle was not broken, the thickness that would support the load was carefully sought for
Re: Photo Of What I Saw In India . Science Or Magic? by kenoz(m): 6:32am On Sep 27, 2015
This one na confirm magic
Re: Photo Of What I Saw In India . Science Or Magic? by tolustx(m): 6:41am On Sep 27, 2015
ednut1:
for ur info. Indias dont embrace Western culture/ religion like us. They have thier temples der. The kind jazz we think dey have. Dey no get am o. Dem sabi worship nd do offering to the various gods. Bt say person go get jazz dey use am like in Nigeria. Nah
Do Nigerians in d UK openly do jazz? No. Therefore, u judge Nigerins more jazzy than indians because u've lived in Nigeria so much and heard stories. U can only ascertain India's true stand on dis matter if u go stay dr for a while too.

BTW...

Why were u deported from d UK?
Re: Photo Of What I Saw In India . Science Or Magic? by ednut1(m): 6:50am On Sep 27, 2015
tolustx:
Do Nigerians in d UK openly do jazz? No. Therefore, u judge Nigerins more jazzy than indians because u've lived in Nigeria so much and heard stories. U can only ascertain India's true stand on dis matter if u go stay dr for a while too.

BTW...

Why were u deported from d UK?
indians practise thier religion fully unlike some of us dat mix jazz with xtianity/islam grin.i went to college wit indians nd pakis na. Was deported cos i stole a nike shoe which cost £47 at Jjb. Na £5 shoe wey dem sell for back of city centre i fit afford then grin.
Re: Photo Of What I Saw In India . Science Or Magic? by drnoel: 7:01am On Sep 27, 2015
moscow37d:

Science. The trick is called the floating man. It was first performed is 1800 by an Indian to amaze the British colonists
Re: Photo Of What I Saw In India . Science Or Magic? by topas100(m): 7:04am On Sep 27, 2015
Wonders shall never end
Re: Photo Of What I Saw In India . Science Or Magic? by moscow37d(f): 7:04am On Sep 27, 2015
moscow37d:
Fellow nairalander. I was checking out a trend on nairaland of how a guy levitated at Ikeja, that brought about people staring for hours. Later the magic was busted and It was explained that the guy actually sat on a kind of chair that you can not see even with a closer look. That now remind me of what I saw in new Delhi (India ) when I went for a course. It's a huge stone tied to a stick, and the stick is sitting on a glass cup. It amazes me a lot every time I look at this picture. And there is this question that always comes to my mind .
Could this be magic or science? Though I don't believe in magic but I need someone who can scientifically proof this to me or else I believe in magic once and for all if there is no proof for it. Thank yoy all.

Yay!!! I mad my first front page ever. Thanks to the mods and nairalanders.
Re: Photo Of What I Saw In India . Science Or Magic? by xtervaganza(m): 7:10am On Sep 27, 2015
alsudaes1:

then how do you account for the effect of air on it (Newton's law of inertia), remember the whole stuff is not encased in a vacuum
i understand but i still believe its not magic
Re: Photo Of What I Saw In India . Science Or Magic? by rotwailler(m): 7:17am On Sep 27, 2015
Juju wo ni yennn?
Re: Photo Of What I Saw In India . Science Or Magic? by luluosas(m): 7:27am On Sep 27, 2015
Magic all in an attempt to win souls for the devil. But he has failed as JESUS CHRIST is the WINNER.

Re: Photo Of What I Saw In India . Science Or Magic? by 400billionman: 7:27am On Sep 27, 2015
moscow37d:

I dont think so. As d cup is transparrent. I took a severall closer look. Infact i almost touched it

The more you look, the less you see..
Re: Photo Of What I Saw In India . Science Or Magic? by damyzino(m): 7:29am On Sep 27, 2015
agarawu23:
well maybe we should say trick and magic work together.

You know day watch Chris Angel performance? That dude from US
chris is only using tricks not magic undecided
Re: Photo Of What I Saw In India . Science Or Magic? by JoelMarine: 7:38am On Sep 27, 2015
Real magic India na way shall
Re: Photo Of What I Saw In India . Science Or Magic? by Jahbles93: 8:06am On Sep 27, 2015
When was the match played? And in which stadium?
7footre:
Na d same India wen play naija 99-1 I de fear dem
Re: Photo Of What I Saw In India . Science Or Magic? by Nobody: 8:33am On Sep 27, 2015
it is a simple illusion trick.
Re: Photo Of What I Saw In India . Science Or Magic? by Bobulopsy(m): 8:39am On Sep 27, 2015
Purely Juju!
Re: Photo Of What I Saw In India . Science Or Magic? by speedyGonzales: 8:42am On Sep 27, 2015
There is nothing like juju power... everything around us, every phenomenon can be explained with rational thought and experimentation.

Stop the Backwards believes that simply because you don't understand something, you should label it as Juju (Nigeria is not moving forward because of these stup*d attitudes and believes like this). Some people in Nigeria even believe that the TV operates based on white man's Juju.

This is why we are continuously backwards... while the Greeks during the Renaissance (in the 14th century to 17th century) already proved everything in the universe could be explained through rational thought... we in the 21st century still believe in bullsh*t.

how embarrassing!!!

1 Like

Re: Photo Of What I Saw In India . Science Or Magic? by SporaD8: 8:52am On Sep 27, 2015
Bobbyjay001:

if it is block of foam soaked in cement grey,the foam ought to be dangling when wind blows. Am not sure it's what you think.
let me give u an assignment - find a foam, soak it in a solution of cement(no sand pls). The heavier u want the foam to weigh, the thicker the cement solution should be. After it dries out, if want u see didn't convince you can then dismissed my theory.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Qatar Is So Hot, Now Installs AC Outdoor And 2022 World Cup Stadium(Photos) / Aliko Dangote's Yacht: Inside The ₦15.5 Billion Super Luxury Yacht / Herbert Wigwe Dies In Helicopter Crash In California

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.