Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,348 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN (41026 Views)

Fayose Gives N20,000 To A Teacher Whose Shoe Got Spoilt In A Meeting / Amaechi And Wike In Handshake During Peace Meeting On Rivers Rerun / Buhari Explains Why He Stops Attending Juma’at Service At National Mosque (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by cyberdurable(m): 12:25pm On Sep 27, 2015
Laveda:
Oh, sorry bout that..I just got back.

Am okay

How was service? Hope u received annoiting?
Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by Laveda(f): 12:29pm On Sep 27, 2015
cyberdurable:

How was service? Hope u received annoiting?
hehehe yeah, Service was awesome
Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by cyberdurable(m): 12:32pm On Sep 27, 2015
Laveda:
hehehe yeah, Service was awesome
Will mention u on a new thread, so we don't derail this one

1 Like

Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by Laveda(f): 12:43pm On Sep 27, 2015
Cyberdurable I can't post on that thread
Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by cyberdurable(m): 12:51pm On Sep 27, 2015
Laveda:
Ok wil change
Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by cyberdurable(m): 1:10pm On Sep 27, 2015
Laveda:

Can I pm u?
Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by Laveda(f): 1:15pm On Sep 27, 2015
cyberdurable:

Can I pm u?
Nope...mail aint working for now
Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by cyberdurable(m): 1:18pm On Sep 27, 2015
Laveda:
Nope...mail aint working for now

Hw do I reach u? Hate nl openness
Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by Laveda(f): 1:32pm On Sep 27, 2015
cyberdurable:

Hw do I reach u? Hate nl openness
hmm we can talk normally here, maybe anytime I fix it
Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by cyberdurable(m): 1:35pm On Sep 27, 2015
Laveda:
hmm we can talk normally here, maybe anytime I fix it

Aren't u on BBM? Or twitter?
Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by Laveda(f): 1:42pm On Sep 27, 2015
cyberdurable:

Aren't u on BBM? Or twitter?
I am, but chiil aint giving that out for now wink when am ready to chat,I'll menttion you on a cool thread
Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by cyberdurable(m): 1:58pm On Sep 27, 2015
Laveda:
I am, but chiil aint giving that out for now wink when am ready to chat,I'll menttion you on a cool thread
undecided
Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by Laveda(f): 2:02pm On Sep 27, 2015
Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by Image123(m): 2:06pm On Sep 27, 2015
dBard:

Issues bordering on internally displaced persons is unimportant
A fundraiser that most developed countries/super powers deemed fit to send official representatives is unimportant

I really wonder at some of you sha undecided

The ISSUE is not unimportant, the meeting is. In the list of their itinerary and priorities at the UNGA. The important thing is that we didn't miss anything, did we? Whatever money was raised at the humanitarian event will be channeled to the LCBC. Buhari already addressed that in the France interview. It's not by force but courtesy to be at the fundraising.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by Image123(m): 2:16pm On Sep 27, 2015
OboloMAN:

Disappointing response from the Presidency.

Who are the worst hit by Boko haram? #Nigerians

Who are the most internally displaced? #Nigerians

Who will benefit most from the said Funds? #Nigerians

Who was unavoidably Absent from the meeting? #Nigeria.

Conclusion: The Government does not see the issue of ending Boko haram and caring for the internally displaced as a Priority.

Don't be ridiculous, we didn't miss anything by our absence, did we? We cannot be at every meeting talking about IDPs, it's just not compulsory or even possible. Yes, we can be there for courtesy sake, but nothing new or major happens/happened there. It's a fundraising event, an appeal for humanitarian assistance. We've done a lot of that already, and are still doing that practically. BTW, the meeting is not primarily about boko haram but about the dire conditions in the Lake Chad Basin region. This issue has been there for long, though worsened by the boko haram menace.
i tire for you guys and complains. First, the complain is that the President shouldn't travel but stay at home and no picture. Now,the complain is that he should be there. Na wa oh.
Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by Image123(m): 2:22pm On Sep 27, 2015
OboloMAN:

How do You Undrstand?

A meeting related to Boko haram is Less Important?

What then is of more importance to Nigeria?

Again, it's not the issue that is unimportant but the meeting. For instance, if you are theist, you cannot be at every meeting discussing God as important as He is. You set your priorities and plan. Like the Presidency said, i quote " it was not the only one or the most important of such meetings in New York that are paying attention to the problem of insecurity, migration and violent extremism in the Lake Chad area and the rest of the world"
Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by Image123(m): 2:38pm On Sep 27, 2015
dBard:

An insurgency is ongoing in Nigeria, there's a so called'anti graft ' war, there are numerous economic realities ppl are facing in view of the falling global oil prices, there's the major burden of the IDPs.......... AND he's going on about HIV and eradicating world hunger.

Laughable.

This trip, if not careful, won't achieve much f d country...
But, if y'all are happy sha..... undecided

Are you on earth? According to WHO, sub-Saharan Africa is the most affected region, with 24.7 million people living with HIV in 2013. Seventy-one percent of all people who are living with HIV in the world live in this region. HIV is the world’s leading infectious killer. According to WHO, an estimated 39 million people have died since the first cases were reported in 1981 and 1.5 million people died of AIDS-related causes in 2013. There are over 3.5 million Nigerians living with HIV, we are second in Africa. Do you realize what you are saying at all?

Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by naijaboiy: 3:40pm On Sep 27, 2015
Laveda:
He [size=17pt]choosed[/size] to talk about HIV, when we have bigger problems

Daura d'ullard, keep touring the world grin grin
shockedshockedshockedshockedshocked
Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by Laveda(f): 3:44pm On Sep 27, 2015
Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by dBard: 4:01pm On Sep 27, 2015
Image123:

Are you on earth? According to WHO, sub-Saharan Africa is the most affected region, with 24.7 million people living with HIV in 2013. Seventy-one percent of all people who are living with HIV in the world live in this region. HIV is the world’s leading infectious killer. According to WHO, an estimated 39 million people have died since the first cases were reported in 1981 and 1.5 million people died of AIDS-related causes in 2013. There are over 3.5 million Nigerians living with HIV, we are second in Africa. Do you realize what you are saying at all?

Oh please...
Your biased research didn't reveal that the incidence has been falling over the years in Nigeria...
Of all the myriad of issues affecting the country now, he chose HIV.

Ok... This gov't is little by little being regarded as a joke.
Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by demelza: 4:13pm On Sep 27, 2015
cyberdurable:

Nope I insult ur father more,,, Idiot
your mum should really have swallowed. The only thing a wh.ore like her should have gotten right and she missed.
Tsk....
Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by Image123(m): 4:51pm On Sep 27, 2015
dBard:

Oh please...
Your biased research didn't reveal that the incidence has been falling over the years in Nigeria...
Of all the myriad of issues affecting the country now, he chose HIV.

Ok... This gov't is little by little being regarded as a joke.

How is it my biased research? This information is from WHO and anyone can access it. We have more issues and more people dying from HIV and living in poverty. Boko haram issue is already settled on paper, HIV isn't. Buhari has been talking about boko haram and chibok girls even from campaign. All his trips have been on mainly boko haram and security. We have been to and gotten assistance from G7, US, Britain, France, AU, Chad, Cameroun, Benin, Niger etc. What more is left to say/address the UN about them? We have other pressing issues and HIV is one. Thank God polio is out, malaria is still there. These are things to address and easily refocus the UN on. They'd rather spend billions on climate change than boko haram, boko haram. If you don't know, there are people who know.
Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by cyberdurable(m): 6:14pm On Sep 27, 2015

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Reactions To Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan (Photos) / Atiku Reacts To Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari / Pope John Paul II Visited Abacha And His Family In Abuja In 1998 - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.