Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:15 PM

SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio (46883 Views)

Don’t Waste Time On 2019 Presidency, PDP Tells Fayose / The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand / Senate Rule Forgery: David Mark, Ekweremadu In Trouble (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by Islie: 6:56am On Sep 27, 2015
As speculations mount over the future of embattled Senate President Bukola Saraki, plots by the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to supplant the majority All Progressives Congress (APC) and take over leadership of the senate are intensifying.

The Nation had reported a few days ago the PDP was plotting a sensational take-over of the upper chamber of the National Assembly in the event that Saraki is consumed by his ongoing trial by the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT).

The party is mobilising its members in the Senate to ensure one of its own replaces Saraki if the presidency of the senate becomes vacant. With that as a goal, it is said to be seriously considering one of the trio of former Senate President David Mark, Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu and Senate Minority Leader, Godswill Akpabio, as possible candidates for the position. The Nation also learnt that the three senators are being supported by various groups within the party and the senate.

The opposition party’s calculation is that some APC senators, especially those in the pro-Saraki’s Likeminds group, may either defect to the PDP or work with the party to once again produce the president of the senate if Saraki is convicted by the CCT.

“The party hopes to win to its side some APC senators to vote for our candidate along with the PDP senators. This is based on our belief that many senators across party lines are unhappy with the ongoing trial of the Senate President and we all know where this is coming from,” a PDP senator told The Nation.

Reliable sources said a meeting of PDP senators and members of Saraki’s Likeminds has been schedule for tomorrow in Abuja to discuss recent developments within the upper chamber and decide how the pro-Saraki lawmakers will react.

“While I know we will be discussing how to stall any plan to remove Saraki from office, I am also aware that we will be talking about how to ensure that APC doesn’t take over the leadership of the senate even if Saraki has to go. Already we are positioning our men in readiness for another political battle on the floor of the senate. If Saraki is forced out, we will replace him with one of our own,” another source said.

The Nation learnt that those pushing the candidacy of Ekweremadu are of the opinion that being the current Deputy Senate President, it is only normal that he be supported by PDP senators and Saraki’s loyalists to emerge as the Senate President should the latter lose the battle to remain in office.

“Ekweremadu is the current Deputy Senate President. He has shown loyalty to his boss and he is a loyal party man too. Many of us are of the opinion that it is natural that he be supported by PDP senators and Saraki’s loyalists to emerge as the Senate President should the latter lose his position as a result of his ongoing trial.

“We have made this clear to the caucus and the party leadership and he is seriously being considered by all stakeholders as a good candidate for the job. Ekweremadu’s experience as a Deputy Senate President of many years is also a great advantage. He is well suited for the job and he is well loved by many of his colleagues,” our source said.

Another factor working in favour of Ekweremadu, The Nation learnt is the quest by the South East geo-political zone to be represented among the top political office holders in the land. “The fact that he is from the South East is another factor working for him. Many senators will reason with the need to give the zone some sense of representation in the current arrangement,” our source added.

For Akpabio, the possibility of replacing Saraki as the next Senate President is being pushed largely by those opposed to Ekweremadu’s emergence. He is also said to be enjoying the backing of former governors now in PDP and Likeminds senators.

“Akpabio is the choice of those opposed to Ekweremadu for one reason or the other. He is also the candidate of his fellow ex-governors who are in Saraki’s camp or in PDP senate caucus. Their desire to ensure Ekweremadu is stopped from becoming Senate President may split the camp of pro-Saraki lawmakers,” our source added.

Meanwhile, a third group is said to be rooting for the return of David Mark as the Senate President to forestall further friction between the pro-Ekweremadu and pro-Akpabio camps. According to reports, the former Senate President’s status as the unofficial leader of the party in the National Assembly largely informed the decision to draft him into the race.

“Senator Mark is the real leader of the PDP caucus in the National Assembly. So, many of us feel he is the best man to be returned to the position after Saraki. His choice will also end the dangerous rivalry between the other groups and ensure that we do not lose the contest should the need arise,” our source added.

http://thenationonlineng.net/senate-pdp-positions-mark-ekweremadu-akpabio-for-sarakis-job/

lalasticlala

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by yimikaa: 6:57am On Sep 27, 2015
Saraki see ya life.

Lesson: when you're in a top position, everyone starts singing your praises, the moment troubles come, you see them filing out one by one and leaving you to your fate, some will even start eyeing that position of yours.

Wolves in sheep's clothing

I dedicate this FTC to my neighbours and friends that brought sallah meat for me both fried and boiled, una no go kill person with meat grin

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by ladyF(f): 6:58am On Sep 27, 2015
Lol they can't even wait for the seat to be vacant. This is a sly move. They dont want to follow him like housefly follows shiit to his trial again?

I don put my pishure....lol check my profile for details grin grin grin

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by egift(m): 6:59am On Sep 27, 2015
APC has the number to replace Saraki. All these WailingTANoids will not stop deluding themselves.

122 Likes 8 Shares

Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by Nobody: 7:01am On Sep 27, 2015
Fingers crossed

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by Chanchit: 7:05am On Sep 27, 2015
Akpagini?! He won't even try it, this one they did to Saraki na just exercise, his own would be worse.

91 Likes 1 Share

Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by Nobody: 7:06am On Sep 27, 2015
egift:
APC has the number to replace Saraki. All these WailingTANoids will not stop deluding themselves.
grin grin National politics is very much different from what obtains in Alausa.Better face the truth man, the pro-APC unity forum are minorities in the current Senate

102 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by egift(m): 7:10am On Sep 27, 2015
chukwudi44:
grin grin National politics is very much different from what obtains in Alausa. Better face the truth man, the pro-APC unity forum are minorities in the current Senate

The volume of Fear that Tinubu strike you with is alarming. Seek help in time.

154 Likes 16 Shares

Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by jaybee3(m): 7:11am On Sep 27, 2015
How can a first time senator (Akpabio) be considered for the senate president seat?

It ain't happening!

78 Likes 1 Share

Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by godoluwa(m): 7:14am On Sep 27, 2015
ok, we are watching the drama. this time around, APC will know sey khaki no be leather

4 Likes

Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by Nobody: 7:15am On Sep 27, 2015
jaybee3:
How can a first time senator (Akpabio) be considered for the senate president seat?

It ain't happening!
This is not a fresh election man, he already has four months experience

17 Likes

Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by erunz(m): 7:16am On Sep 27, 2015
What is happening, why is all APC media carrying speculation how PDP intends to take over the SENATE. They knew all this and still went ahead to fight SARAKI.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by Abugab(m): 7:16am On Sep 27, 2015
Saraki probably thought the PDP guys were with him, the positions are already shifting. Those feigned support by PDP was a bogus one and this move will make it clear.
Saraki's over-ambition is haunting him, same way he betrayed PDP, he is doing that with APC now.
No matter what PDP plots, they should forget the senate presidency.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by Nobody: 7:17am On Sep 27, 2015
egift:

The volume of Fear that Tinubu strike you with is alarming. Seek help in time.
We already saw how far Alausa skills could go on the national turf since last June and we were not impressed

31 Likes

Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by Nobody: 7:17am On Sep 27, 2015
Abugab:
Saraki probably thought the PDP guys were with him, the positions are already shifting. Those feigned support by PDP was a bogus one and this move will make it clear.
Saraki's over-ambition is haunting, same way he betrayed PDP, so he has with APC.
No matter what PDP plots, they should forget the senate presidency.
The owner of Nigeria has spoken

14 Likes

Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by ELTON123(m): 7:18am On Sep 27, 2015
ladyF:
Lol they can't even wait for the seat to be vacant. This is a sly move. They dont want to be follow him like housefly follows shiit to his trial again?
e don tey oo, u don finally get work?cheesy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by Gbawe: 7:20am On Sep 27, 2015
jaybee3:

It ain't happening!

This is how you know this is a 'super story' formed in the mind of the mischief-making article author who is determined to sell news or promote an angle he/she is paid to do. PDP ko ANPP ni. The APC know what they are are aiming for uncompromisingly, i.e ruthless and total control of the upper house, when they decided to deal with Saraki. I would like to see the disorganised PDP try to get in the way of this now that the APC is fully ready for them and will not be falling for any Saraki-style treachery or backstabbing.

58 Likes 8 Shares

Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by disloman(m): 7:21am On Sep 27, 2015
All those 3 senators mentioned won't spend a week on that post before we will be removed.If PDP wanna stay relevant,they should not get involved cos now PDP don't have any credible person they can offer.PDP that I know won't do that cos they are greedy.Any miscalculation from PDP now,is bye bye to the already dead PDP.In all factors considered,APC still has the upper hand.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by egift(m): 7:23am On Sep 27, 2015
chukwudi44:

We already saw how far Alausa skills could go on the national turf since last June and we were not impressed

PDP will not forget in a hurry the enormity of destruction Tinubu inflicted in them. If confused, ask FFK, Okupe, Abati and others. grin grin grin grin

Old man, I have a song for you...

E dey pain you, gogo
E dey pain you well-well ooo, gogo
Eeeeh gogooooo!

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by Nobody: 7:23am On Sep 27, 2015
Gbawe:

This is how you k now this is a 'super story' formed in the mind of the mischief-making article author determined to sell news or promote an angle he/she is paid to do. PDP ko ANPP ni. The APC know what they are are aiming for uncompromisingly, i.e ruthless and total control of the upper house, when they decided to deal with Saraki. I would like to see the disorganised PDP try to get in the way of this now that the APC is fully ready for them and will not be falling for any Saraki-style treachery or backstabbing.
Old man Gbawe,I am sure this was not what you were expecting!! Don't be suprised man, national politics is very much different from amala politics!!! The APC are official majority in the eighth Senate but in reality, there are now the minority.Which ever way the Saraki matter ends PDP would carry the day

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by 48noble(m): 7:23am On Sep 27, 2015
Not for long Mark returns...then comes the as.s kicking of lies with lies on lies...ending
Presidential travels without notification to the senate.

1 Like

Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by Nobody: 7:24am On Sep 27, 2015
pls gv it to Akpabio....That would make the work easier....We want Akpabio......

14 Likes

Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by Nobody: 7:25am On Sep 27, 2015
egift:

PDP will not forget in a hurry the enormity of destruction Tinubu inflicted in them. If confused, ask FFK, Okupe, Abati and others. grin grin grin grin

Old man, I have a song for you...

E dey pain you, gogo
E dey pain you well-well ooo, gogo
Eeeeh gogooooo!
Last time I checked the PDP have gotten over the events of March 28,someone else is yet to get over the events of June 9

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by Nobody: 7:26am On Sep 27, 2015
48noble:
Not for long mark returns
Lolz... Mark returns and he get sent packing from the Senate, Ekweremadu get Installed and Police come breathing down his neck for senate forgery and Akpabio, don't even mention...SaharaReporters would finish him off in less than two weeks.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by Nobody: 7:26am On Sep 27, 2015
disloman:
All those 3 senators mentioned won't spend a week on that post before we will be removed.If PDP wanna stay relevant,they should not get involved cos now PDP don't have any credible person they can offer.PDP that I know won't do that cos they are greedy.Any miscalculation from PDP now,is bye bye to the already dead PDP.In all factors considered,APC still has the upper hand.
Tell me something, how would the APC be able to carry out such a feat?

4 Likes

Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by Nobody: 7:27am On Sep 27, 2015
olatunji21:

Lolz... Mark returns anf he get sent packing from the Senate, Ekueremadu get Installed and Police come breathing down his neck for senate forgery and Akpabio, don't even mention...SaharaReporters would finish him off in less than two weeks.
Lolz, you have all this skills and the current Senate leadership are still power after four months.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by bugzbunny: 7:32am On Sep 27, 2015
This is possible only if like mind APc senators join Pdp...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by ijustdey: 7:34am On Sep 27, 2015
David Mark that still have his election been challenged at the election tribunal, and he is hanging on a thread will be considered.... PDP is a joke. Mark is about to loose his seat..... just watch the spaces if he isn't careful.

also Ekweremadu, who still have the forgery case hanging on the neck... let him make the attempt and the case will just explode

we are in the era of accountability, so these people can't move a fry

15 Likes

Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by Nobody: 7:34am On Sep 27, 2015
bugzbunny:
This is possible only if like mind APc senators join Pdp...
The like minds APC senators are as good as already in the PDP, They already know they have no future with the APC.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by Gbawe: 7:34am On Sep 27, 2015

1 Like

Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by Gbawe: 7:36am On Sep 27, 2015
chukwudi44:

Old man Gbawe,I am sure this was not what you were expecting!! Don't be suprised man, national politics is very much different from amala politics!!! The APC are official majority in the eighth Senate but in reality, there are now the minority.Which ever way the Saraki matter ends PDP would carry the day

From your pictures, I am at least 30 years younger than you so if I am "old" then you must be ancient. As per the other point you raise, I think it is obvious, from the many times your opinions have been discredited and disgraced, that you don't know what you are talking about. You are always sentimental and delusional. Keep watching as APC ruthlessly claim the Senate Presidency and DSP position.

Senators have no immunity. How easy would it be to take down brazen crooks like Theodore Orji, Kashamu or Akpabio under a President who will see a fight to the end unlike the cowardly and cowering GEJ? If it were Governors, immune from prosecution, then different. Once the tacit message is sent out that "mess around and be dealt with" then we will see how many of our self-serving and cowardly legislators, whether APC or PDP, will be willing to put their comfortable four year mandate on the line to fight PMB and the APC. Which of our self-serving politicians will want to lose it all 4 months after gaining office? Bros forget the IGG (initial gra gra) . Nigerian politician are the easiest, because they are very greedy and self-serving, to whip in line once sh1t gets real. You can see the power of prosecution below to note that these guys thought it was the 'business as usual' they enjoyed under GEJ. Now they see Buhari will take it all the way they are falling in line.

http://www.leadership.ng/news/463449/cct-trial-fresh-cracks-in-sarakis-camp

Our source, an APC member and Senator from one of the North Central state, who preferred anonymity, in view of the critical role he played in Saraki’s emergence, told LEADERSHIP Sunday that, “I am personally not surprised at what is happening because I knew that Saraki will have problems but I was not expecting it soon. Secondly, I did not honestly look in the direction of any cases of alleged corruption when I was supporting him.

“My fear was how he will manage his colleagues because of his seeming and perceived arrogance, because I remember that the President did say he will work with anybody, provided the person is not corrupt. So I became involved in his project because I believed he could use his experience and complement the president, particularly in the fight against corruption. But seriously, I am ashamed of myself to see these charges, yes it is an allegation but you can see that they are solid and appear true as far as a layman can see. And then his efforts to stop that process were just admittance of guilt as far as I’m concerned.”

Continuing, the Senator said, “I don’t see myself being viewed on national television defending that kind of thing. What will my constituents think about me? I cannot do that so I believe he should just step aside and clear his name, which is the most honourable thing to do

29 Likes

Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by tomakint: 7:38am On Sep 27, 2015
g

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

160 Fuel Tankers Allocated To The North, 40 To The South-West / Just In: Court Orders Arrest Of CCB Chairman Over El Rufai's Assets Declaration / Anambra King Sells Land To Fulani Herdsmen, Sparks Outrage. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.