Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,892 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone (28826 Views)

[opinion] Whatsapp Is The Worst: 8 Reasons You Should Ditch It / 7 Reasons You Should Use Airtel Night Plan Over MTN Night Plan / 12 Reason You Really Need That New Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 27, 2015
[img]http://www.vodafone.co.nz/cms/images/1375771111887/[/img]

Here are 12 reasons you think you need a new phone that are actually reasons you don’t.

1. Your ‘old’ phone is two years old
Not 4, Not 5, Two, TWO!

2. Your screen is cracked
Your phone’s not broken…your screen is. Just get the screen repaired and you’ll save several Thousands of Naira.

3. You have Some Thousands Naira to spare
You just got a bonus? A tax refund? A gift from your overly-generous grandmother? Instead of spending it on a smartphone you don’t need…Why don’t you buy a new laptop? Because a new smartphone is approximately the same price as a new laptop. Think about that for a moment.

4. You have a NEED FOR SPEED
Yes, new smartphones are faster, slimmer, and sexier. But do you really need a speedier smartphone? Why? So you can load up Clash of Clans 1.2 seconds faster? Because the last time I checked, sending a text isn’t any faster on a Samsung Galaxy S6 than it is on a Samsung Galaxy S4.

5. You’ve dropped your old phone a million times
That means it’s time for an upgrade, right? Wrong. All that means is that you’re probably going to drop your shiny new phone the second you get it.

6. You have unlimited data
If you’re one of the lucky few who still has a true unlimited data plan, you might be thinking it’s a good idea to get a new phone and take full advantage of all those gigs. But while it’s possible to switch phones and keep your unlimited plan… It’s not guaranteed. After all, Mtn really want to “accidentally” kick you off your unlimited plan.

7. You need a bigger screen
You don’t.

8. You need a smaller screen
You don’t!

9. You live in a bad neighborhood
Nothing says ‘rob me’ like a shiny new smartphone!

10. You’re running out of storage space
Try deleting all those Bathroom selfies and Videos of your Dog… or upgrading your microSD card.

11. It’s so pretty
Ohh, look, the Samsung Galaxy S6 comes in emerald! Your old phone is black, so clearly you need to upgrade ASAP. Except…you’re going to put a case on it, right? Here’s an idea: just buy a new case for your old phone and voila—it’s so pretty!

12. It just came out
New smartphones come out all the time. If you can hold off for a year, or even just six months, chances are you’ll get a much better deal on that shiny new handset (although you may want the newest model by then, in which case I can’t help you).

Source: http://www.greenbot.com/article/2985689/smartphones/12-reasons-you-really-don-t-need-that-new-phone.html

123 Likes 16 Shares

Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by Mathewa(m): 11:32am On Sep 27, 2015
ok sir

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 27, 2015
so true,I have never been a new gadget addict.
why change ,when the one with me is still functioning well.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by InZA: 11:50am On Sep 27, 2015
I'm on my way to get the new Gionee M5.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by buzquet(m): 12:27pm On Sep 27, 2015
poor man advice

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 27, 2015
buzquet:
poor man advice
grin..but wetin the dude talk make sense.

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by basille(m): 12:43pm On Sep 27, 2015
buzquet:
poor man advice
Foolish man thinking.

125 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by parrotibaba(m): 12:55pm On Sep 27, 2015
@op the question everyone is angling to ask is this

"Is it your money?"

Folks hv different needs n preferences. Just because u don't want to change ur phone cos of money constraints you now expect another folk to be like u. Do u know that the cost of changing the parts of certain phones r more than the cash that will get u a brand new one? What about the folks that hv a laptop but still need to change their phone? I for one can't use a phone for more than a year n half without changing. Like someone rightly said, this is a poor man's advice.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by hajlat(m): 1:13pm On Sep 27, 2015
@op,thousand likes from me.He who have ears let him hear.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by Baroba(m): 1:36pm On Sep 27, 2015
Very good advice, most smart phones from 2013 are more than enough for most people's needs, the phone manufacturers tries to tell you that your shiny one year old device is no longer current. Samsung is already talking of S7 in February, whereas the S6 has not been out that long..

Don't fall for their gimmicks..

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by Segadem(m): 2:16pm On Sep 27, 2015
That no 10 is my reason to buy another phone, my phone keeps telling me "you are running out of space"
My RAM is 145mb while my ROM is 512mb

4 Likes

Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by Segadem(m): 2:18pm On Sep 27, 2015
Baroba:
Very good advice, most smart phones from 2013 are more than enough for most people's needs, the phone manufacturers tries to tell you that your shiny one year old device is no longer current. Samsung is already talking of S7 in February, whereas the S6 has not been out that long..

Don't fall for their gimmicks..
if u bought the good ones only,but if not sorry is the case.
Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by chemmerfrank(m): 2:37pm On Sep 27, 2015
Wise words... But its still their money..i personally upgrade when i feel a need to..not because of all dose benchmark scores
Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by Donkaz(m): 2:47pm On Sep 27, 2015
Nice post!!

But its not going to change my mind.

#infinix hot note pro tongue

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by wheesin(m): 3:01pm On Sep 27, 2015
OP is talking to me..trying to discourage me... shocked but i think you have a point ..a new phone should wait..invest the money into something fruitful..

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by NCP: 3:40pm On Sep 27, 2015
@OP nice work.

But we still Have VALID REASONS to dispose our existing mobiles for new ones eg Battery Capacity, Larger Screen Size, Enough Internal Storage Space etc
Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by ShakurM(m): 4:04pm On Sep 27, 2015
If we no buy new phone every 2years, how we go end up with the one wey dey our hand so? angry....Change is constant abeg

4 Likes

Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by 2kurupt(m): 4:35pm On Sep 27, 2015
I think the right advise is "save up & get a good, quality phone" that's not gonna be obsolete in the next few years.

I've come to realize that tech products are just given marginal & cosmetic upgrades until say 3 to 4 years before they really put in something worth spending on.

Case in point: most of the 2 to 3 year old so-called flagship devices are still on par with their current upgrades save for a shiny new skin, a lil higher benchmark score etc All are just gimmicks like someone rightly said

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by potolistic(m): 4:51pm On Sep 27, 2015
F*ck all these reasons I need a new phone!!!

1 Like

Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 27, 2015
Story for the gods...I need a new phone asap,dis Lumia phone dy embarrass me anyhow angry

3 Likes

Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by mznuez(f): 5:59pm On Sep 27, 2015
Errhn??
Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by Seculent: 5:59pm On Sep 27, 2015
This doesn't stop me from getting my new phone next week.

Bring new things to your life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by Kennitrust(m): 6:00pm On Sep 27, 2015
[b][/b][color=#550000][/color] ;Damage
Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by ADULTBASE(m): 6:00pm On Sep 27, 2015
ARE YOU TELLING ME I SHOULDN'T BUY A NEW PHONE?.
Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by adonbilivit: 6:01pm On Sep 27, 2015
Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by hizaya61(m): 6:01pm On Sep 27, 2015
GERARA HERE MEN
Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by Kennitrust(m): 6:01pm On Sep 27, 2015
[i][/i]man of good news
Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by Oladimejjy(m): 6:02pm On Sep 27, 2015
can someone summarize those story...cos I don't understand
Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by ednoville(m): 6:02pm On Sep 27, 2015
Pls vote baby Daniel the only remaining Nigerian in this competition pls click on this link to vote http://wshe.es/3nWOuk7T
Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by damton(m): 6:02pm On Sep 27, 2015
we are human and naturally anything with the tag LATEST usually fascinates and if we have the resources, we just want to own ours, regardless of specifications. However not everyone though but a lot of peeps will fall under this category.
Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by Mopolchi: 6:03pm On Sep 27, 2015
ok
Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by gurunlocker: 6:04pm On Sep 27, 2015
waiting for the counter thread

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2go Chatting On The Mobile Web / All You Need To Know About 4G Network And The Phones That Support Them. / Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.