Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,868 members, 7,802,800 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

Is This Culture????? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is This Culture????? (1848 Views)

This Culture Of Weddings And Birthdays Has Changed Except In Nigeria (photos) / Do You Believe This Culture Still Exists In This 21st Century? / Death By Fallen Tree: Pregnant Woman Rots In Ondo Mortuary Over Culture (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Culture????? by ayobarmy(m): 8:12pm On Sep 27, 2015
Hi, to u all my fellow progressive Nigerian youths, I was at ogboye market in Onitsha today. while we i was standing to buy food stuffs, suddenly everyone started running. As a sharp guy that i am, i stepped aside to look at what was pursuing them (both young and old) then i saw some masquerade with long cains beating everyone they see on their way. u can only escape the beating if u give them Money.... I then ask people around me what was happening, they told me it's a yearly events. .... I was more than surprised to see some young boys disturbing the peace of the community all in the name of festival. ... mThe question i kept asking myself since Morning is, Can't they celebrate without beating innocent people?
Re: Is This Culture????? by Cuddlebugie(f): 9:03pm On Sep 27, 2015
undecided
Re: Is This Culture????? by Cuddlebugie(f): 9:04pm On Sep 27, 2015
Everything about this thread is wrong, from the thread title to the post

Are there no masquerades where you come from? Sebi omo yoruba ni e
We should learn to respect the cultural values and preferences of others

1 Like

Re: Is This Culture????? by ayobarmy(m): 6:18am On Sep 28, 2015
Cuddlebugie:
Everything about this thread is wrong, from the thread title to the post

Are there no masquerades where you come from? Sebi omo yoruba ni e

We should learn to respect the cultural values and preferences of others
My dear, i am not saying masquerade is a bad culture and neither am i talking about a particular tribe. the question here is. why are they beating everyone they see on a major road? To answer ur question, yes omo yoruba nimi but masquerades in my place entertain people expecially foreigners with their dancing skill and not beaten up of old and young.

(1) (Reply)

Chinese Came From Egypt Says Chinese Geochemist / .... / Annual IKENGA FESTIVAL In Utagba-uno (photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.