Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,177 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

CCB Trial: We Are Behind Saraki And Can’t Abandon Him – PDP - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CCB Trial: We Are Behind Saraki And Can’t Abandon Him – PDP (20077 Views)

Sheriff Has 7 Days To Apologise To Jonathan For Walking Out On Him - PDP Youths / Sheriff Wanted To Be President, Promised 4 Governors VP, So We Sacked Him: PDP / Saraki's CCB Trial Live On Channels TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CCB Trial: We Are Behind Saraki And Can’t Abandon Him – PDP by HzRF(m): 10:03am On Sep 28, 2015
rusher14:
Olisa Metuh come on now.

The question that should be asked is if it is political?

Really??

Not whether he is guilty?

Is this your party's stance or your personal opinion?

If this is the Party’s stance then it's little wonder you are now the opposition.

You are free to stand behind any candidate of your choice but it says a lot about your ethics and morals as a party when guilt is thrown to the dogs.

If this is your cloak and dagger response as you plan to occupy the leadership of the house through subterranean maneuvering, then we'll see how it pans out.

All in all, sad commentary from a party spokesperson.
L
Wen will u guys stop fooling around

We all know why Saraki is standing trail
He's a thief like 99.9% of our politicians
He has a case with efcc yet u guys accepted him into ur party

Do you think apc have morals and ethics

With half of pdp members in ur party

What is buhari waiting for
Fashola trial hasn't started thank God ambode release the obvious philandering of lagosians money under his watch
Re: CCB Trial: We Are Behind Saraki And Can’t Abandon Him – PDP by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 28, 2015
I agree with Metuh

Anyone can be accused. PDP will take its position when Saraki is convicted

We all know that Saraki's case is political

The message is clear, PDP will not be party to any plans to bully the Senate President out of office.

The independence of the Senate must be respected. It is important for our democracy to do so!.

1 Like

Re: CCB Trial: We Are Behind Saraki And Can’t Abandon Him – PDP by eleko1: 10:04am On Sep 28, 2015
grin grin cheesy grin embarassed grin God bless U for dis piece cheesy grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin grin embarassed
disloman:
You lack wisdom for you not to understand what he meant.You need it gan but the problem is they don't sell it(wisdom).Can't ask to meet your dad for it,he's also a dummy.
Re: CCB Trial: We Are Behind Saraki And Can’t Abandon Him – PDP by chesterlee(m): 10:06am On Sep 28, 2015
Oceemo:
Ok saraki and nigerians in a fight 2 d finish who will win?

Which Nigerians?

Saraki vs APC (Tinubu wing)
Re: CCB Trial: We Are Behind Saraki And Can’t Abandon Him – PDP by segxes23(m): 10:08am On Sep 28, 2015
I know it will get to this. Saraki and PDP
Re: CCB Trial: We Are Behind Saraki And Can’t Abandon Him – PDP by mickeymimi: 10:09am On Sep 28, 2015
https://www.naij.com/58660.html

Why APC?

When asked why he left the ruling party, Saraki said:

“I think largely, it is due to the kind of dissatisfaction that we’ve seen in the affairs of the party over a while with regards to key issues like the level of impunity, the regard for the rule of law, the level of inclusiveness, the consideration of the wishes of the people and party members at the different chapters, not ready for us to engage more in participatory democracy.” ......................

http://www.punchng.com/news/defection-to-pdp-absurd-laughable-saraki/

"Senate President, Bukola Saraki, on Wednesday described insinuations that he is planning to defect to the People’s Democratic Party, as “absurd and laughable.”

"“It is just cheap blackmail by political adversaries, who want to call a dog a bad name in order to hang it.”

He urged those making such desperate allegations to remember that he willingly left the PDP on matters of principles when the party was in power.

He said, “Is it now that the party is out of government and in opposition that I will now return, having worked so hard for my party in the last general elections?”

Saraki said he remained committed and loyal to the All Progressives Congress, pledging to contribute his quota to building the party and helping it to deliver its promise of change to Nigerians."

"He also commended Buhari for remaining steadfast in his commitment to the principle of non-interference in National Assembly politics"
He said, “This shows that Mr. President is a man of great conviction who, in his own words, belongs to everyone and to no one.”
Re: CCB Trial: We Are Behind Saraki And Can’t Abandon Him – PDP by 9jii(m): 10:10am On Sep 28, 2015
PEREP:

It is deceit to run an election where you know information given to Nigerians are wrong and you simply look away because it is to your favour. Infact, it is a deliberate Corrupt practise.

In some developed world which APC painted to be their model for Nigeria, such President would have come under heavy hammer.
If you can't verify a good source of information you are getting online,its your problem. Because their are a lot of bloggers preying on gullible readers.
Re: CCB Trial: We Are Behind Saraki And Can’t Abandon Him – PDP by Atlantian: 10:13am On Sep 28, 2015
xreal:
Failures.
PDP has been in Power for 16 years and you, from a party that hasnt not survived for 6 months as ruling party call PDP failure.I think you are stupid.
Re: CCB Trial: We Are Behind Saraki And Can’t Abandon Him – PDP by sleekymag(m): 10:22am On Sep 28, 2015
I believe Olisa Metuh is on point. Saraki got the SP position because PDP senators decided to support him along with his own APC caucus senators. Now that he is on trial, it would be naive of PDP senators to abandon him just yet. They have to see how this plays out in terms of the merit of the charges against him. Of course these PDP lawmakers have their cards up their sleeves, and this includes trying to assume leadership of the upper chamber if all goes against Saraki. But it won't be for betraying or abandoning him, but for moving on, depending on how the whole thing pans out. Let's not also forget that politics can play out seeing Saraki innocent of all charges or the case being struck out altogether as the APC would also watch what cards to put on the table. It's all political chess imho.
Re: CCB Trial: We Are Behind Saraki And Can’t Abandon Him – PDP by Kolade354(m): 10:23am On Sep 28, 2015
luche90:

Gay son of a Bastard father
You moroon kip attacking pple!!!
Re: CCB Trial: We Are Behind Saraki And Can’t Abandon Him – PDP by rusher14: 10:25am On Sep 28, 2015
HzRF:

L
Wen will u guys stop fooling around

We all know why Saraki is standing trail
He's a thief like 99.9% of our politicians
He has a case with efcc yet u guys accepted him into ur party

Do you think apc have morals and ethics

With half of pdp members in ur party

What is buhari waiting for
Fashola trial hasn't started thank God ambode release the obvious philandering of lagosians money under his watch

[b]I see this isn't about Saraki.

This is about Fashola or Amaechi.

Or anyone that isn't in the bad books of APC because once he's in the black book of the ruling party it's considered a witch-hunt.

Fashola might be a criminal but he found a simple way of being blameless. Pass such projects through the state house and tenders board and voila, it is legitimate.

It is an act of avarice and quite insane avarice I might add, to claim 3 years in advance, a certain property which hasn't been assigned to you. Passing it off as an asset of yours.

I don't even want to go into the unbelievable sums he is said to have claimed to have at the time.

To the main issue. This is about Saraki, this is about looting. This is about betrayal and this is about politics.

Wasn't it unfair when he hid in a car in the car park of the house of assembly for 3 hours so he could accomplish his coup?

Why all of a sudden, is his act of anticipated looting to be overlooked? Was that fair to anybody?

Those pushing him on refuse to include in their chants of "go on" the few lines of "to prison ".

He is staring jail time in the face and that's the reality.

[/b]

3 Likes

Re: CCB Trial: We Are Behind Saraki And Can’t Abandon Him – PDP by Kolade354(m): 10:26am On Sep 28, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
SMH @Metuh
Seriously your party need to change him......... Pdp is going down with the likes of Metuh.
Re: CCB Trial: We Are Behind Saraki And Can’t Abandon Him – PDP by luvprince4real(m): 10:30am On Sep 28, 2015
Lhanre:
A party that corruptly destroyed the fortunes of a nation for 16yrs can not see anything wrong in the wrong doing of one who stole under the watch/ Umbllera cheesy
and ur "non-corrupt" president has been frolicking and taking counsel from a man that was at d helm of affairs for 8yrs out of that 16yrs u quoted.
Re: CCB Trial: We Are Behind Saraki And Can’t Abandon Him – PDP by dipotech: 10:32am On Sep 28, 2015
i'm not ready to read this guy's epistle but the question is that is this guy (Saraki) found wanting? Let him go if he's guilty otherwise we won't move forward like this. PDP is known for rigging, manipulation and all sort, so i'm not surprised seeing PDP members throwing their weight behind guilty and very corrupt legislooter Saraki
Re: CCB Trial: We Are Behind Saraki And Can’t Abandon Him – PDP by bakila: 10:32am On Sep 28, 2015
PDP still thinking post 2015 politics, very scant regard for the nation and the best practice in governance. Your power disregard for honour, integrity and accountability will make you shorter than the dwarf you are mister PDP.
Re: CCB Trial: We Are Behind Saraki And Can’t Abandon Him – PDP by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:34am On Sep 28, 2015
Kolade354:
Seriously your party need to change him......... Pdp is going down with the likes of Metuh.
That guy de fall my hand.
Re: CCB Trial: We Are Behind Saraki And Can’t Abandon Him – PDP by HzRF(m): 10:39am On Sep 28, 2015
rusher14:

[b]I see this isn't about Saraki.

This is about Fashola or Amaechi.

Or anyone that isn't in the bad books of apc because once he's in the black book of the ruling party it's considered a witch-hunt.

Fashola might be a criminal but he found a simple way of being blameless. Pass such projects through the state house and tenders board and voila, it is legitimate.

It is an act of avarice and quite insane avarice I might add, to claim 3 years in advance, a certain property which hasn't been assigned to you. Passing it off as an asset of yours.

I don't even want to go into the unbelievable sums he is said to have claimed to have at the time.

To the main issue. This is about Saraki, this is about looting. This is about betrayal and this is about politics.

Wasn't it unfair when he hid in a car in the car park of the house of assembly for 3 hours so he could accomplish his coup?

Why all of a sudden, is his act of anticipated looting to be overlooked? Was that fair to anybody?

Those pushing him on refuse to include in their chants of "go on" the few lines of "to prison ".

He is staring jail time in the face and that's the reality.

[/b]
Good fashola pass the bill Tru the house and stealing is legitimate

D siphoning is gud

Pdp will stick with Saraki cuz that is the best bet

I
Re: CCB Trial: We Are Behind Saraki And Can’t Abandon Him – PDP by philips70(m): 10:40am On Sep 28, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
SMH @Metuh

You the youths in PDP should protest and seize this party from these guys if you actually mean to reform PDP. With people like Metuh and co you will remain what you are in the eyes of neutral Nigerians. I expected PDP to be building the party around elements like Ribadu and his likes by now but no, the old order must remain.

Coming boldly to defend Saraki, even with all evidence of WITCH HUNT, is an admittance of corruption in PDP's fold. The PDP senators that followed him to the CCT did the party more harm than good but inordinate ambition and greed won't let them see it.
Re: CCB Trial: We Are Behind Saraki And Can’t Abandon Him – PDP by HzRF(m): 10:41am On Sep 28, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
That guy de fall my hand.
How

Becuz he didn't say what u want

Pdp will stick with Saraki

That's the fact

Apc presented do chance and Pdp will access it
Re: CCB Trial: We Are Behind Saraki And Can’t Abandon Him – PDP by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:51am On Sep 28, 2015
sleekymag:
I believe Olisa Metuh is on point. Saraki got the SP position because PDP senators decided to support him along with his own APC caucus senators. Now that he is on trial, it would be naive of PDP senators to abandon him just yet. They have to see how this plays out in terms of the merit of the charges against him. Of course these PDP lawmakers have their cards up their sleeves, and this includes trying to assume leadership of the upper chamber if all goes against Saraki. But it won't be for betraying or abandoning him, but for moving on, depending on how the whole thing pans out. Let's not also forget that politics can play out seeing Saraki innocent of all charges or the case being struck out altogether as the APC would also watch what cards to put on the table. It's all political chess imho.
PDP senators should protest with placards when the trial of Saraki resumes on October 21.
Re: CCB Trial: We Are Behind Saraki And Can’t Abandon Him – PDP by forkadict(m): 10:53am On Sep 28, 2015
rusher14:
Olisa Metuh come on now.

The question that should be asked is if it is political?

Really??

Not whether he is guilty?

Is this your party's stance or your personal opinion?

If this is the Party’s stance then it's little wonder you are now the opposition.

You are free to stand behind any candidate of your choice but it says a lot about your ethics and morals as a party when guilt is thrown to the dogs.

If this is your cloak and dagger response as you plan to occupy the leadership of the house through subterranean maneuvering, then we'll see how it pans out.

All in all, sad commentary from a party spokesperson.

Sound and objective post.

To further add to ths saddening commentary is this extract beneath

Metuh said, “We have no candidate for the office of the Senate President, because we have a fit person occupying the position for now.

In other words, Saraki is an agent of PDP for Metuh to have said this oh ha.

1 Like

Re: CCB Trial: We Are Behind Saraki And Can’t Abandon Him – PDP by tunde1200(m): 10:58am On Sep 28, 2015
this is the real deal peoples seems not to understand in this case.

“We are behind him and we can’t abandon him just because he is undergoing trial. Anybody can be put on trial, but the question we should ask is whether the trial is political or not.

Does the trial have merit? When we see the merit of the case, we will take position. But for now, there is nothing like that.”

Saraki, a former governor of Kwara State, is currently facing a 13-count charge of making false declaration as a governor between 20013 and 2011.
Re: CCB Trial: We Are Behind Saraki And Can’t Abandon Him – PDP by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 28, 2015
christinie:
Mature party, unlike childish APC.
yes matured party, that ruined our commonwealth for 16 years.. Go home you are drunk
Re: CCB Trial: We Are Behind Saraki And Can’t Abandon Him – PDP by superstar1(m): 10:59am On Sep 28, 2015
PDP is one and the same with Corruption.

Another name for corruption in Nigeria is PDP.

We do not expect less from a shameless corrupt party.

A party that lacks ethics and morals. A party that is obviously against well meaning Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: CCB Trial: We Are Behind Saraki And Can’t Abandon Him – PDP by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:01am On Sep 28, 2015
Truth is that people like Metuh belong to the OLD order. I love what Jerry Gana group is planning. We need a real reform. Ideally, the whole NWC should have stepped down along with Adamu Muazu after the abmyssal failure of the party at the poll. Luckily, their tenure is ending in January. The action of Metuh amount to two things..
1. Anti-party activity. Saraki is APC and has continuously maintained that.

2. Putting PDP in bad light: whether witch-hunt or wizard hunt, the merit of the case should be of concern. This has moved from political issue to criminal issue. Time shall tell! The status must be changed.

As for you, you are not different from Metuh. You support corruption when it favors you and do otherwise when it doesn't.
philips70:

You the youths in PDP should protest and seize this party from these guys if you actually mean to reform PDP. With people like Metuh and co you will remain what you are in the eyes of neutral Nigerians. I expected PDP to be building the party around elements like Ribadu and his likes by now but no, the old order must remain.

Coming boldly to defend Saraki, even with all evidence of WITCH HUNT, is an admittance of corruption in PDP's fold. The PDP senators that followed him to the CCT did the party more harm than good but inordinate ambition and greed won't let them see it.

1 Like

Re: CCB Trial: We Are Behind Saraki And Can’t Abandon Him – PDP by goodnessdara: 11:03am On Sep 28, 2015
As much as I do not buy d idea of anytin called pdp anymore because it is a party that has been hijacked majorly by greedy set of people; I think its high time d party replaced their spokesperson with someone more competent and constructive in critisism, than a man with selfish and bias interest (except the party is telling us that they are truly bias) for the party to have any hope of remaining relevant and winning any federal political post in d future............Nigerians are now wiser and better used to getting information via social media.
Re: CCB Trial: We Are Behind Saraki And Can’t Abandon Him – PDP by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:04am On Sep 28, 2015
Like I Have always maintained,Saraki must go down whether or Not Metuh or anybody like it. APC must go down too

HzRF:

How

Becuz he didn't say what u want

Pdp will stick with Saraki

That's the fact

Apc presented do chance and Pdp will access it
Re: CCB Trial: We Are Behind Saraki And Can’t Abandon Him – PDP by Axis313(m): 11:05am On Sep 28, 2015
Birds of d same feather flocks together.
Corrupt people will always want to protect themselves like we are currently experiencing.
By d way,the dean of faculty of political strategy of Bourdillon University is always one step ahead of pdp in dis kind of game.If their senators do anyhow,efcc and ccb already have their files and will do d needful.
Re: CCB Trial: We Are Behind Saraki And Can’t Abandon Him – PDP by Tonitelli: 11:14am On Sep 28, 2015
all you have posted just goes on to reiterate the fact that PDP messed this country up for 16 years..
anonimi:

Sorry for you, bros.
Shine your eyes, abeg. grin grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2102459_apcteam_png6dc9407cdcc2b68174c445361fc3e4c9

Re: CCB Trial: We Are Behind Saraki And Can’t Abandon Him – PDP by philips70(m): 11:14am On Sep 28, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Truth is that people like Metuh belong to the OLD order. I love what Jerry Gana group is planning. We need a real reform. Ideally, the whole NWC should have stepped down along with Adamu Muazu after the abmyssal failure of the party at the poll. Luckily, their tenure is ending in January. The action of Metuh amount to two things..
1. Anti-party activity. Saraki is APC and has continuously maintained that.

2. Putting PDP in bad light: whether witch-hunt or wizard hunt, the merit of the case should be of concern. This has moved from political issue to criminal issue. Time shall tell! The status must be changed.

As for you, you are not different from Metuh. You support corruption when it favors you and do otherwise when it doesn't.

Means you still do not know me. I ABHOR corruption and all that connects to it. Maybe you think I believe the APC is filled with angels but far from it. My support for them is because of one man only and you know him. I believe in his mission to rescue Nigeria from where the PDP took it to in the last 16yrs which you attested to in your past life.
Problem is you guys and many Nigerians do not know what they want. In one hand you accuse PMB of hobnobbing with corrupt Nigerians in his party; in another hand, when he tends to take his time and kind of do things his own way thereby alienating his party, you shout to the roof top of how the man is a dictator and sole administrator.
The good thing is, majority of Nigerians are getting wiser by the day.
Re: CCB Trial: We Are Behind Saraki And Can’t Abandon Him – PDP by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:15am On Sep 28, 2015
goodnessdara:
As much as I do not buy d idea of anytin called pdp anymore because it is a party that has been hijacked majorly by greedy set of people; I think its high time d party replaced their spokesperson with someone more competent and constructive in critisism, than a man with selfish and bias interest (except the party is telling us that they are truly bias) for the party to have any hope of remaining relevant and winning any federal political post in d future............Nigerians are now wiser and better used to getting information via social media.
That's it my brother.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Orders INEC To Issue Ben Uwajumogu (APC Imo North) A Certificate Of Return / S’east, N’central Must Have Principal Officers, Dogara Insists / EFCC: Fayose Got Contracts Kickback To Buy Mansions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.