Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

Hajj Stampede: Nigerian Survivor Narrates Ordeal - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Hajj Stampede: Nigerian Survivor Narrates Ordeal (39908 Views)

How Kabir Grabbed A Man’s Testicle To Survive Hajj Stampede. Vanguard News / Emir Of Zang, Taraba Among The Dead In Hajj Stampede (Photo) / Hajj Stampede: Things You Need To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hajj Stampede: Nigerian Survivor Narrates Ordeal by Issokay(f): 11:51am On Sep 28, 2015
I see this yearly mishap as a sacrifice!!!!! cry

4 Likes

Re: Hajj Stampede: Nigerian Survivor Narrates Ordeal by lazborn(m): 11:57am On Sep 28, 2015
May Allah grant d dead jannah and accept their hajj as an act of ibadah
Re: Hajj Stampede: Nigerian Survivor Narrates Ordeal by advocates: 11:59am On Sep 28, 2015
jauntty:
"had no option than to step on other WEAKER pilgrims to survive."

Imagine abandoning ur family OR stepping on others just to survive

This is really so sad. So many lives wasted for no good reason

The Saudi Govt is even blaming African pilgrims for being disorganised and causing the stampade
Imagine, if this incident had happened, say United State or any of the 'infidel' country, I bet you, head would have rolled by now. But since it is in Saudi, how sad the Muslim Nigerians and Africans are trying to play it down despite that the death were caused by the negligence of the Saudi authority who are perceived as the father of Islam.

Religion must be put aside in this one, this is civil case that involves human lives and charges must be pressed.

So far only the Iranian government seems relentless in ensuring justice is served, but trust my Nigerian Muslim brothers, they are only good at fighting Christians for events in far away Denmark or America that concerns them very little. What better way to rise up against the Saudis and boycott all hajj pilgrimage, but no they would stylishly say it's the will of Allah. Wish every other atrocity against the Muslim community including the Dennish cartoon would be tagged Allah's will.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hajj Stampede: Nigerian Survivor Narrates Ordeal by cassyrooy(m): 12:03pm On Sep 28, 2015
Ndeewonu:

Honestly, this "Stoning the Devil" practice should be stopped. It has always caused us so much pain! Even though I am not a Muslim, I feel bad seeing many innocent Nigerians die like that. That is uncalled for. I don't intend to speak blasphemy, but I do not see the use of erecting a pillar (the devil) and turning around to stone it. By consuming many people virtually each year, that devil has always shown us that it is not an ordinary pillar!
Funny though, they call Christains idol worshippers for having Portraits of Jesus, but here they've immortalise Satan in the Holy Land, what an irony.

As a humanitarian, i think religious recognitions should be legistlated upon, cos it cost us loved ones.

1 Like

Re: Hajj Stampede: Nigerian Survivor Narrates Ordeal by MASAKAR(m): 12:03pm On Sep 28, 2015
Infact, what befell in Makkah was a dolorous tragedy and the saudi government should be probe because majority of the pilgrimage believe that saudi is a holy land and there should be proper planning for the people come to their country. For me going to Saudi to observe the pilgrimage in a kind of apathy.
Re: Hajj Stampede: Nigerian Survivor Narrates Ordeal by chikids(m): 12:15pm On Sep 28, 2015
Hmmmmm. I wonder when these Muslims will open their eyes. They are so blind-folded that even what a blind man can see, the Muslims wouldn't see it. How can a mere man made of sand and clay and of few days say he is stoning satan that is a spiritual being and as old as the earth. You can not stone satan, never: not at all. The Bible said in 2 corinthians 10:4-5-(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holdswink, Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ... After reading this verse of the Bible, how can one say he is stoning satan-which is a physical approach rather than spiritual approach which is by fasting and prayer with a righteous life in Christ Jesus. When you tell them that the Christian God is different from the Muslim god, they will get offended. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, nobody comes to the Father except through Jesus Christ. Don't be deceived by allah/Allah, he is the same as satan.

1 Like

Re: Hajj Stampede: Nigerian Survivor Narrates Ordeal by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 28, 2015
Spechles. RIP to the death. But saudi govt no try.
Re: Hajj Stampede: Nigerian Survivor Narrates Ordeal by gobizzy101: 12:27pm On Sep 28, 2015
farmer99:
all ur family members are mad
U need 2 b stampeded 2 death...... Idiota
Re: Hajj Stampede: Nigerian Survivor Narrates Ordeal by Lilimax(f): 12:29pm On Sep 28, 2015
Issokay:
I see this yearly mishap as a sacrifice!!!!! cry
So true but only the foolish ones will allow their blood to be used for the yearly rituals and sacrifice.

However, Jesus has paid the final sacrifice on the cross of Calvary.
Every other sacrifice and rituals is fake.

4 Likes

Re: Hajj Stampede: Nigerian Survivor Narrates Ordeal by LEXYCOM: 12:29pm On Sep 28, 2015
farihafaheemah:
instead of mocking the death ones, why can't u just keep ur f..cking mouth shot. Pilgrim is not for tourism or sight seen, but God commandment. What will you call sosoliso plane that crashed in PH that involved redeemed Pastor? Pls we shld mind the way we comment. Rip to the dead
U sabi preach like dis? Clap for yaself
Re: Hajj Stampede: Nigerian Survivor Narrates Ordeal by cynicalarry(m): 12:31pm On Sep 28, 2015
Ologogoro:
You all should have come to Kwara to worship your Allah and stone Bukola Saraki instead of risking your life in mecca, at least u also throw stone in mecca
Ur comment is so callous, u needn't comment since you had no sensible thing to say. I WONDER IF U WILL SAY THE SAME, IF UR LOVED ONES WERE AFFECTED!!
Though ur moniker gives a hint as per ur mental state... I think you will do better in a sanatorium.
God bless the dead.
Re: Hajj Stampede: Nigerian Survivor Narrates Ordeal by Nobody: 12:36pm On Sep 28, 2015
Saudia Arabian Government needs to be held responsible for accepting more religious tourists that they can safely handle.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hajj Stampede: Nigerian Survivor Narrates Ordeal by Nobody: 12:49pm On Sep 28, 2015
farmer99:
ur papa, ur mama, infact everyone in ur family is oponu.

Why insult me without reading my post, Abi u see the word Muslim n began to insult me
Re: Hajj Stampede: Nigerian Survivor Narrates Ordeal by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 28, 2015
_idiots.

The lot of them.
Re: Hajj Stampede: Nigerian Survivor Narrates Ordeal by gfullmoon(m): 1:10pm On Sep 28, 2015
Purely human error,but now they'll attribute it to our Loving God instead of the lying Devil.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hajj Stampede: Nigerian Survivor Narrates Ordeal by mart2k(m): 1:13pm On Sep 28, 2015
ojeota:
I dont still understand
Why were they running ?
Who was persuing them?
Why did thé arab host not do anything to come to their aid?
So many questions to be answer

He said he is still going back there next year.
No lesson learnt.
I hope he comes back alive.

Do u y he wil surely go back? Simply because Muslims bliv that it is a blessing and heaven straight if they die there. Daz y majority of them always wish to die there so, no amount of persuasion wl discourage them.
Re: Hajj Stampede: Nigerian Survivor Narrates Ordeal by greall12(m): 1:17pm On Sep 28, 2015
Ask google.

steffans:
so so so sad..

Please i need one honest answer?

Why do Muslims have to stone the Devil/Satan?
Re: Hajj Stampede: Nigerian Survivor Narrates Ordeal by haul: 1:21pm On Sep 28, 2015
Viktor1983:
60,000 Pilgrims...

If each of em were to have spent an average of N400,000 or $2000 on this trip, What is the economic effect?
60,000 Pilgrims x $2000 = $120000000 .

Imagine over 25billion naira taken out of our economy to saudi! Without even feeding bills oooo!

And we say no job in this country? We the architect of our problems in this country not only government can solve unemployment,we citizens can also do, do you know the number of world standard hospitals that will be built from this? Not to talk of good roads? Or job that can be created!

Our problem is religion if we want to move forward then we need to jettison religion fast!

2 Likes

Re: Hajj Stampede: Nigerian Survivor Narrates Ordeal by greall12(m): 1:29pm On Sep 28, 2015
Rubbish.

chikids:
Hmmmmm. I wonder when these Muslims will open their eyes. They are so blind-folded that even what a blind man can see, the Muslims wouldn't see it. How can a mere man made of sand and clay and of few days say he is stoning satan that is a spiritual being and as old as the earth. You can not stone satan, never: not at all. The Bible said in 2 corinthians 10:4-5-(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holdswink, Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ... After reading this verse of the Bible, how can one say he is stoning satan-which is a physical approach rather than spiritual approach which is by fasting and prayer with a righteous life in Christ Jesus. When you tell them that the Christian God is different from the Muslim god, they will get offended. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, nobody comes to the Father except through Jesus Christ. Don't be deceived by allah/Allah, he is the same as satan.
Re: Hajj Stampede: Nigerian Survivor Narrates Ordeal by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 28, 2015
Barka de Stampede to all muslims grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Hajj Stampede: Nigerian Survivor Narrates Ordeal by vimo3: 1:34pm On Sep 28, 2015
Though it was our people who willingly unwittingly went on this ill advised journey, our government must not let the Saudis get away with the outcome of what is now obviously a shoddy preparation.

Afterall about 2 million people attended Obama's inauguration in 2008 in DC - I witnessed this personally-- and no one was stampeded or axhiphisiated to death.
Re: Hajj Stampede: Nigerian Survivor Narrates Ordeal by Adehakeema: 1:42pm On Sep 28, 2015
Thank God for the survivors. May Allah that they worship accept their return.
some of those reasons given by western journalists added to this piece is irrelevant. receiving vip etc. is the king palace along jamrah route? nothing was delayed even for OBAMA visit! the 2 gates closed were closed by other pilgrims for their own safety too.
Those that have their mind closed can never see anything good in other people. no reward for death in hajj other paradise. these dead will be raised in their white garment saying labaika...
WHOEVER DOES NOT DIE IN MAKKAH WILL DIE OF SOMETHING ELSE. WHERE WILL YOU DIE AND How do you want to meet your Lord.
Re: Hajj Stampede: Nigerian Survivor Narrates Ordeal by menix(m): 1:43pm On Sep 28, 2015
farmer99:
all ur family members are mad

Thought urs died in mecca as devils stoned back at them..
Re: Hajj Stampede: Nigerian Survivor Narrates Ordeal by simdam500(m): 1:51pm On Sep 28, 2015
I couldn't say it all cos nairaland-ers have said it all.

humans are now too canal that we step on faith anyhow, same goes in church. Altar are not meant for female to go on but because of civilisation, gender equality and sanctification we loose everything.

M not a Muslim but I've heard stoning the devil in a holy land then, are for elders that know deep down in there heart they are clean.
But nowadays, youth, sexual-ist are on their way to throw stones. I won't be surprised if people start saying "we hooked up at mecca".

Not forgetting that;
The righteousness won't be left behind if the sinners are having their share of cake and that hurt really bad. cry
Re: Hajj Stampede: Nigerian Survivor Narrates Ordeal by ooshinibos: 1:54pm On Sep 28, 2015
shollynoob:
am yet to understand what they are doing there o
me too , we Africans and ARABS are suckers for religion ..there is devil in Africa to stone , does the devil live in Saudi ? ( I doubt it ), why go to Saudi and stone him ?...who ever created religion is the smartest of all
Re: Hajj Stampede: Nigerian Survivor Narrates Ordeal by Adehakeema: 1:54pm On Sep 28, 2015
The pleasure of being a muslim cannot be explained. Even if explained, cannot be understood by the mind and heart that have rebelled against their creator. what is our way out when the JUDGEMENT day comes?
look critically at your creation, enviroment around you, your sustenance... can you actually dissociate yourself away from your creator? pls brethren dont be carried away by the bubbles of this temporary world.
those in mecca, we wish them acceptable hajj and safe journey back to their destination,
Re: Hajj Stampede: Nigerian Survivor Narrates Ordeal by ooshinibos: 1:55pm On Sep 28, 2015
we Africans and ARABS are suckers for religion ..there is devil in Africa to stone , does the devil live in Saudi ? ( I doubt it ), why go to Saudi and stone him ? we have devil here in our local govts and other arms of governments...

who ever created religion is the smartest of all ..what are a waste of lives ..RIP TO THE DEAD
Re: Hajj Stampede: Nigerian Survivor Narrates Ordeal by hafees: 2:26pm On Sep 28, 2015
belabela:
May be offpoint.

You've been stoning Satan for years shouldnt he/she be dead by now?

May be changing the ammunition to say a missile or an A-bomb will help,

Just saying I don't get this part of the hajj - stoning Satan

Mumu, all the binding you did in your church and all the fire, devil no still follow you. Abi TB Joshua church no collapse. ITS FREAK OF NATURE
Re: Hajj Stampede: Nigerian Survivor Narrates Ordeal by Nobody: 2:43pm On Sep 28, 2015
hafees:

Mumu, all the binding you did in your church and all the fire, devil no still follow you. Abi TB Joshua church no collapse. ITS FREAK OF NATURE

From your statement you have made several assumptions and speak about them as facts - which actually translates to delusion.

The christian bible teaches that Satan is a spirit being and no man can kill him. Infact he is decribed as walking freely in the world. He cannot be contained in a stone or a house. You may only command him at the name of Jesus because he does not respect any man but he is God's subject and bows at the name of Jesus.

Building collapse is mostly down to engineering and SHE (Safety Health & Environment) issues. Nigeria currently has a poor record of this. You should not blame everything on the devil - your assumption is that TB Joshua's church collapsed because of the devil. That is some shallow thinking.

There are many business centres wrongly called churches in Nigeria that scam lazy people. Their theology is allien to the christian faith and I am curious to also know how if they have succeded in killing a demon. Some of this fire and shouting you hear on Nigerian streets is called "cashing in on the moment". They offer spiritual placebo and their victims seem to like it. At least for now

1 Like

Re: Hajj Stampede: Nigerian Survivor Narrates Ordeal by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 28, 2015
1Dray:
When you went to Mecca to stone Satan and open you eyes in the other side to be meet Satan, then you realise you were scammed by a supposedly 'religion of peace'.

Jesus is the ONLY Way and The Prince of Peace... You won't say I didn't tell you.
I am a witness that U told them the true, and angels are witness also, thank GOD U told them and there is no excuse. He who have ears let him hear n comprehend 4use.

1 Like

Re: Hajj Stampede: Nigerian Survivor Narrates Ordeal by babaireti(m): 4:17pm On Sep 28, 2015
1Dray:
When you went to Mecca to stone Satan and open you eyes in the other side to be meet Satan, then you realise you were scammed by a supposedly 'religion of peace'.

Jesus is the only way and the Prince of Peace... Don't say I didn't tell you.
Your English is BAD,very very BAD,and that is why you cannot make a meaningful expression
Re: Hajj Stampede: Nigerian Survivor Narrates Ordeal by FredHandsome(m): 4:30pm On Sep 28, 2015
Summarily, they went to stone the 'Devil' but they ended up being stoned and devoured raw by 'their Devil'. #IronyOfCertainReligion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can I Do This For My Wife If She Likes / Are Muslims Allowed To Eat Christmas Food? / Imam Ustadh Ku Yaqub Ku Hashim Dies On Pulpit During His Jumu'ah Lecture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.