Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

SIWES/I.T Students Zone - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / SIWES/I.T Students Zone (108826 Views)

Siwes/it Students Zone / Nlng November 2016 Siwes Application Is Now Open. / 6 Deadly Mistakes I Made When Looking For SIWES I.T Placement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SIWES/I.T Students Zone by Chiscomax(m): 12:13am On May 28, 2016
Akby:
Hi guys, the surest way to get any IT placement is to apply manually. The online platform works fine if the company itself rolls out an application portal.
For the manual process, all you need do is Google the company you are interested and copy their contact address. Forward your IT Letter, CV and Cover Letter at the post office or physical drop and you are good to go.
It costs a token of N100 to send these documents (after weighing) to any state within the country (NIPOST). That's all. Just get enough company list and forward your credentials.
I get loads of calls from various companies saying i should come over for interview few weeks before starting the IT.

Hope this helps a fellow student
Thanks

i did this and up till today, no company has even flashed my line
Re: SIWES/I.T Students Zone by An0nimus: 11:52am On May 29, 2016
akby can you share the mailing address of the companies you sent mails too? I could do PMs if you want. I have someone looking for SiWES. Thanks
Re: SIWES/I.T Students Zone by wahabol: 11:18pm On May 29, 2016
Am Wahab an economics looking for placement, I reside at Ikotun Lagos 08182206157
Re: SIWES/I.T Students Zone by Akby(m): 8:26pm On May 30, 2016
Hi guys, sorry for my mate replies. First, that you applied and none called you doesn't mean they won't if they need your service. Just be more patient and watch out for a reply from them. I applied to sooo many and got calls from few/some. A friend applied like mine and didn't even get any either. The labour market is very competitive and you just have to present yourself in a convincing way. Maybe it was my CV that helped or cover letter but I know God factor played a very much important role.
I could upload a sample of my CV and cover letter for you guys to have a feel of what really convinces people our there (later things).
I got ExxonMobil, Aviat Networks, one Vsat company like that can't remember the name and Schneider electric. I'm very much okay with ExxonMobil so no point searching anymore.
Will surely keep updating once I see any new opening tho.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: SIWES/I.T Students Zone by petengine(m): 5:11pm On May 31, 2016
An0nimus:
akby can you share the mailing address of the companies you sent mails too? I could do PMs if you want. I have someone looking for SiWES. Thanks

you can't get companies addresses to submit your I.T application here:
www.eduansa.com/getting-placement-nigeria/
Re: SIWES/I.T Students Zone by Akby(m): 10:58pm On May 31, 2016
Anybody interested in Chevron? Got an info from a close friend on how to go about it
Re: SIWES/I.T Students Zone by Bighaywhy: 11:59pm On May 31, 2016
Re: SIWES/I.T Students Zone by cooliyke007: 12:06am On Jun 01, 2016
Akby:
Anybody interested in Chevron? Got an info from a close friend on how to go about it
pls im very much interested... my name is wisdom nd im a 400lvl student of geology lookin for an i.t placement...08139177896
Re: SIWES/I.T Students Zone by petengine(m): 6:35pm On Jun 01, 2016
Anyone interested in overseas interns job? the pay is $600/week. if yes visit the link below to apply

www.eduansa.com/internship-for-international-students/
Re: SIWES/I.T Students Zone by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 01, 2016
Akby:
I'm interested... here is my no: 08105911509 and my email: shaibuhamid@gmail.com
Re: SIWES/I.T Students Zone by Akby(m): 10:51pm On Jun 01, 2016
Kindly drop a message on WhatsApp 08063178025. Will forward it over. Sorry can't really post it on here due to the nature of it. Coded thingy! cc hamenzy cooliyke007

2 Likes

Re: SIWES/I.T Students Zone by Chizzyozi(f): 2:40am On Jun 04, 2016
petengine:
Anyone interested in overseas interns job? the pay is $600/week. if yes visit the link below to apply

www.eduansa.com/internship-for-international-students/
can you recommend a placement area for me.. a geography and planning student
Re: SIWES/I.T Students Zone by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jun 11, 2016
Akby:
Kindly drop a message on WhatsApp 08063178025. Will forward it over. Sorry can't really post it on here due to the nature of it. Coded thingy! cc hamenzy cooliyke007
Thanks bro for your wonderful update here, I'm presently doing mine at Nigeria Lng bonny Island, what is the experience like in Exxon Mobil?
Re: SIWES/I.T Students Zone by haftob(m): 9:38pm On Jun 11, 2016
Saimeritus:
Thanks bro for your wonderful update here, I'm presently doing mine at Nigeria Lng bonny Island, what is the experience like in Exxon Mobil?
whats the experience like in NLNG? how much do they pay? how about accommodation issues? etc
Re: SIWES/I.T Students Zone by Rafty007(m): 10:57pm On Jun 11, 2016
please i'm a 400L student of Statistics, and i'm already due for IT, please guys i'll be very glad if you can help here in lagos, i stay around Ajah
Re: SIWES/I.T Students Zone by Rafty007(m): 10:59pm On Jun 11, 2016
Akby:
please hope the chevron is still available i'll contact you, thanks bro
Re: SIWES/I.T Students Zone by Akby(m): 1:43am On Jun 12, 2016
Saimeritus:

ExxonMobil is cool:
30k salary
Free launch
Free transportation to and fro
7:30 - 3:45 work duration
Personal Protective Equipment etc
Re: SIWES/I.T Students Zone by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jun 12, 2016
Akby:

ExxonMobil is cool:
30k salary
Free launch
Free transportation to and fro
7:30 - 3:45 work duration
Personal Protective Equipment etc
Hmm,you are really enjoying o. For lng, Free breakfast and lunch, 20k salary, no transportation and accommodation,7:00-4pm work duration, 2PPE set, lots of learning experience here, access to their RA with world class sports and medical facilities, Good take home grant between 300k to 1 million with flight on completion but it really depends on your unit sha. I'm in the Rotating equipment unit under Production Engineering, we see to the smooth operations of all the Rotating equipments in the Plant.

1 Like

Re: SIWES/I.T Students Zone by Chiscomax(m): 12:29am On Jun 13, 2016
Saimeritus:
Hmm,you are really enjoying o. For lng, Free breakfast and lunch, 20k salary, no transportation and accommodation,7:00-4pm work duration, 2PPE set, lots of learning experience here, access to their RA with world class sports and medical facilities, Good take home grant between 300k to 1 million with flight on completion but it really depends on your unit sha. I'm in the Rotating equipment unit under Production Engineering, we see to the smooth operations of all the Rotating equipments in the Plant.

pls, how did you get in? nd when? when did u apply, when were u called? when did u write d exam?
Re: SIWES/I.T Students Zone by Harkindeylee(m): 1:56am On Jun 13, 2016
Please can you give me some company names that replied you that they needed IT student?

Akby:

Electrical engineering student?
yeah Electrical student and I need an I.T placement too.
Re: SIWES/I.T Students Zone by haftob(m): 5:08am On Jun 13, 2016
Saimeritus:
how much does it cost to get an accommodation on the island? And how much do transport cost to and fro from work? Also about the take home grant, is it guaranteed dat afta the program, u'll get something as take home grant?
Re: SIWES/I.T Students Zone by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 13, 2016
Chiscomax:

pls, how did you get in? nd when? when did u apply, when were u called? when did u write d exam?
I applied around august/September 2015, Was invited for test on December 4th, 2015, scaled through the test(got 90%) and was contacted on march 31st 2016 to resume on April 4th.
Re: SIWES/I.T Students Zone by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jun 13, 2016
haftob:

how much does it cost to get an accommodation on the island? And how much do transport cost to and fro from work? Also about the take home grant, is it guaranteed dat afta the program, u'll get something as take home grant?
As for me, I do stay with a friend's Uncle and I join Pivot-Gis company(Engineering services company to Nlng) Bus to and fro. The accommodation varies Self con(8-10k per month), Batcher house(2-3k per month), For the transport, To and fro from bonny to the Industrial Area is #300 daily.
Re: SIWES/I.T Students Zone by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jun 13, 2016
Pls who can post the one of Exonmobil here . I mean their application procedures.

@Akby
Re: SIWES/I.T Students Zone by haftob(m): 1:26pm On Jun 13, 2016
Saimeritus:
As for me, I do stay with a friend's Uncle and I join Pivot-Gis company(Engineering services company to Nlng) Bus to and fro. The accommodation varies Self con(8-10k per month), Batcher house(2-3k per month), For the transport, To and fro from bonny to the Industrial Area is #300 daily.
Thanks for the info, I really appreciate. About the take home grant, is it guaranteed that one will be given, no matter the dept one finds himself?
Re: SIWES/I.T Students Zone by Akby(m): 12:23am On Jun 14, 2016
Kristofferson:
Pls who can post the one of Exonmobil here . I mean their application procedures.

@Akby

For the ExxonMobil, the application has closed already for this year but i'll still drop the process. You will need to download a scanned application form from the internet. Just Google 400L ExxonMobil SIWES and you'll see the link to download the form. Fill up the form and attach the necessary documents which includes: Passport photograph, IT letter etc (Can't remember all but it is well stated on the form).

The form should be addressed and sent to the address you'll see online. I sent it from a post office (Registered mail @ N450 to Akwa Ibom within 4 days). Other options are at the post office but use the registered mail instead because it is faster and very reliable. That's all

You will be contacted for the exam either in Lagos, Abuja or Port Harcourt depending on your location. If you pass the exam, you'll proceed to the phone interview. That's the whole process. I was later contacted for the medicals and i got in. It was just God because about 6,000 of us applied and they only picked 32 of us all over the country. I'm not discouraging you guys but give it a shot. God will surely favour us all.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: SIWES/I.T Students Zone by Nobody: 11:19am On Jun 15, 2016
Akby:

For the ExxonMobil, the application has closed already for this year but i'll still drop the process. You will need to download a scanned application form from the internet. Just Google 400L ExxonMobil SIWES and you'll see the link to download the form. Fill up the form and attach the necessary documents which includes: Passport photograph, IT letter etc (Can't remember all but it is well stated on the form).

The form should be addressed and sent to the address you'll see online. I sent it from a post office (Registered mail @ N450 to Akwa Ibom within 4 days). Other options are at the post office but use the registered mail instead because it is faster and very reliable. That's all

You will be contacted for the exam either in Lagos, Abuja or Port Harcourt depending on your location. If you pass the exam, you'll proceed to the phone interview. That's the whole process. I was later contacted for the medicals and i got in. It was just God because about 6,000 of us applied and they only picked 32 of us all over the country. I'm not discouraging you guys but give it a shot. God will surely favour us all.

Thank you

Thanks bro. God bless you much!
Re: SIWES/I.T Students Zone by petengine(m): 6:09am On Jul 10, 2016
Kristofferson:

@Akby

How to Apply for I.T Placement in ExxonMobil and Other Companies In Nigeria
Re: SIWES/I.T Students Zone by haftob(m): 6:21am On Jul 10, 2016
petengine:
@ olaisababs
the requirements for I.T in Total include:
handwritten application stating; matric num, course of study, current year of study, duration of I.t, contact email, phone num.
I.T letter from school,
valid school ID
a passport photograph.
you will need a Total staff to referee you before your application is accepted if you are applying from pH office. also you don't need a referee to submit your application if you are applying from Lagos office. let me know if you have any difficulty applying, I can link you up with the HRM in charge of I.T students recruitment.
hope this helps
Pls I need the link to the HRM cos they're no more accepting application in dia Lagos office, I was told to send it to a staff who will serve as a referee and the person will also submit the application on my behalf.
Re: SIWES/I.T Students Zone by Chiscomax(m): 8:08am On Jul 10, 2016
Saimeritus:
I applied around august/September 2015, Was invited for test on December 4th, 2015, scaled through the test(got 90%) and was contacted on march 31st 2016 to resume on April 4th.

Rotating equipment, u must know chinemerem
Re: SIWES/I.T Students Zone by Chiscomax(m): 8:09am On Jul 10, 2016
Hello! To those I sent the dragnet past questions, how was the exam?
Re: SIWES/I.T Students Zone by petengine(m): 2:35pm On Jul 10, 2016
haftob:

Pls I need the link to the HRM cos they're no more accepting application in dia Lagos office, I was told to send it to a staff who will serve as a referee and the person will also submit the application on my behalf.
g
That means theyre no longer acceptibg applications till next batch. however, send me an email: johnansa1@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Thread For those Invited for 2019 INEC Adhoc Staff / Skye Bank Apt. Test By Dragnet / NAF Dssc 2012/2013 (Course 21/22)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.