Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,742 members, 7,802,268 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:46 AM

OFFICIAL- The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OFFICIAL- The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria (6971 Views)

Niger Delta Militants’ Objective Is To Colonize Nigeria Economically – Buhari / Western Nigeria Most Economically Viable Region (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

OFFICIAL- The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 28, 2015
Lagos.

Anambra State.

Abia State.

Rivers State.

Kano State.

Ogun State.

Abuja FCT

According to CBN these guys above control 90% of financial transactions happening in Nigeria, if your trying to smuggle Oyo State there that is your problem.

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/lagos-6-other-states-control-90-of-cash-transactions-in-nigeria-cbn/

sunnewsonline.com/new/lagos-six-others-control-90-of-nigerias-cash-transactions-cbn/

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/seven-states-control-90-of-cash-transactions/148644/

odili.net/news/source/2013/may/27/324.html

5 Likes

Re: OFFICIAL- The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria by meforyou1(m): 11:28am On Sep 28, 2015
God bless igboland

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: OFFICIAL- The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 28, 2015
meforyou1:
God bless igboland

Ogun State being there did great disservice to the list but I know why they got the Brownie point because of Tunde Lemo.

SW is cursed, without attaching to Lagos they are doomed, Yobe and Zamfara would've been more economically viable than all SW states combined.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: OFFICIAL- The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria by lagbaja(m): 11:40am On Sep 28, 2015
The report talked about states with highest CASH TRANSACTIONS, this is mostly common with states where a lot of retail activities goes on. States involved in high volume agriculture and manufacturing are not likely to be involved in high volume cash transacrions. High cash transaction has nothing to do with economic viability.

3 Likes

Re: OFFICIAL- The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria by coolitempa(f): 11:42am On Sep 28, 2015
lagbaja:
The report talked about states with highest CASH TRANSACTIONS. That has nothing to do with economic viability.

The OP is a well know tribalistic economic illiterate..... cheesy

4 Likes

Re: OFFICIAL- The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria by Yeske2(m): 11:47am On Sep 28, 2015
OP, your inclusion of Ogun state isn't too ok with me or are you talking about Agbara, Ota, and also border towns with Lagos?

6 Likes

Re: OFFICIAL- The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 28, 2015
coolitempa:

The OP is a well know tribalistic economic illiterate..... cheesy
How viable is this cesspit grin grin grin

20 Likes

Re: OFFICIAL- The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:52am On Sep 28, 2015
lagbaja:
The report talked about states with highest CASH TRANSACTIONS, this is mostly common with states where a lot of retail activities goes on. States involved in high volume agriculture and manufacturing are not likely to be involved in high volume cash transacrions. High cash transaction has nothing to do with economic viability.

How many markets are there in Ogun and Rivers States.

Anambra and Abia are both industrial aswell as commercial and trading hubs, so shove down your categories your ratass.

12 Likes

Re: OFFICIAL- The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria by OkutaNla: 12:00pm On Sep 28, 2015
OP, quit deceiving yourself. Commercial and industrial activity has long since departed the SE. You all are living on past glory. Even in your own people acknowledge that much. Your region experiences more migration than any other in the country coz it is only condusive for trading. Even investors are avoiding the SE like the plague. Na only brewries grin dey come Una side coz Una be drinkers. Even the traders are no longer doing well so they are resorting to Cocaine trafficking. Facts don't lie: cheesy

http://businessdayonline.com/2015/02/ogun-ikeja-top-manufacturers-investment-destinations-in-2014/

Ogun, Ikeja top manufacturers’ investment destinations in 2014

While Ogun, which is now Nigeria’s industrial hub, recorded N377 billion worth of investments within the period, Ikeja returned investments worth N39.86 billion.

Ogun State’s represents 78 percent of N483 billion worth of investments made in the whole of the manufacturing sector within the period under review, while Ikeja shares 8.3 percent.

“This has revealed that the majority of manufacturing investments were directed towards Ogun industrial axis, which consists of Otta, Agbara, Ibafo/Mowe and Shagamu industrial areas,” said MAN, in its latest January to July 2014 economic review.

The data further show investments in Kano/Sharada/Challawa as N19.75 billion and those of Oyo/Ondo/Osun/Ekiti as N19.2 billion within the period under review.

Anambra/Enugu that had N5.5 billion worth of investments.
while those of Imo/Abia were estimated at N309 million.

4 Likes

Re: OFFICIAL- The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria by lagbaja(m): 12:00pm On Sep 28, 2015
If you want to compare economic viability, this is what you should be looking at

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_states_by_GDP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OFFICIAL- The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria by OkutaNla: 12:03pm On Sep 28, 2015
Listen to an Nnewi man as he tells you the real truth about your region and commercial/industrial capacity and reality, instead of beating empty chest:

grin cheesy

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/rivers-state-others-have-overtaken-s-east-in-commerce-industry/

Bottom-line: NOTHING is happening in the SE.

2 Likes

Re: OFFICIAL- The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria by OkutaNla: 12:05pm On Sep 28, 2015
Here's a population breakdown of major cities in Nigeria (as at 2011) and the SE doesn't even feature there at all:

Lagos 11.223 million; Kano 3.375 million; Ibadan 2.949 million; ABUJA (capital) 2.153 million; Port Harcourt 1.894 million; Kaduna 1.524 million (2011) - http://www.indexmundi.com/nigeria/demographics_profile.html

Otta is currently the industrial capital of Nigeria: #Fact. Ariria market Aba is just another Ladipo or Alaba market, small and insignificant economically compared to the aforementioned. The rest of those other cities are not even worth mentioning. Truth is Igboland is not economically viable, which is why you all have to migrate. There's nothing happening there beyond trading and Onitsha is the only place where any significant economic activity is happening. FACT.

2 Likes

Re: OFFICIAL- The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria by unitysheart(m): 12:07pm On Sep 28, 2015
Yeske2:
OP, your inclusion of Ogun state isn't too ok with me or are you talking about Agbara, Ota, and also border towns with Lagos?

Do you know how many companies are situated in Ota, the commercial capital of Ogun state alone? It will interest you to know that the crown caps covering the head of your drinks in Nigeria are produced at Avon Crown Caps in Ota, the packaging used to pack your drinks and many other products are produced in Shongai Packaging. Cookies are produced in Pally G and many other factories. Nigerian Brewery has a factory in the same ota. VeePee tanks are produced in the same Ota. I can go on and on and on.

Let me deal you the final blow, Nairaland is raking in millions from Ota. Abi I lie ni oga Seun Osewa

cc: sticlala, buddahmonk

5 Likes

Re: OFFICIAL- The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria by forgiveness: 12:10pm On Sep 28, 2015
Lagos
Ogun
Rivers
Anambra

in that particular order.

2 Likes

Re: OFFICIAL- The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 28, 2015
OkutaNla:
Listen to an Nnewi man as he tells you the real truth about your region and commercial/industrial capacity and reality, instead of beating empty chest:

grin cheesy

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/rivers-state-others-have-overtaken-s-east-in-commerce-industry/

Bottom-line: NOTHING is happening in the SE.

www.naij.com/441183-yoruba-youths-have-lost-influence-respect-of-nigerians.html

Owoda people Owoda people Owoda people Owoda people

2 Likes

Re: OFFICIAL- The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 28, 2015
[s]
forgiveness:
Lagos
Ogun
Rivers
Anambra

in that particular order.
[/s]

We stick to what CBN an authority said, you can source yours from Osundefender or but don't mess my thread up

12 Likes

Re: OFFICIAL- The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria by OkutaNla: 12:14pm On Sep 28, 2015
Economically viable states are prone to attract economic migrants. Rather than attract such folks, the SE actually supplies them to the rest of the country in higher numbers than any other region. :#FACT.

I will believe that the SE is economically viable the moment their folks start returning home in masses, and for good. Not just to build Christmas mansions they only live in during Festive periods, while they actually earn their living in other more economically viable regions. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: OFFICIAL- The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:14pm On Sep 28, 2015
[s]
unitysheart:

Do you know how many companies are situated in Ota, the commercial capital of Ogun state alone? It will interest you to know that the crown cap covering the head of your drinks in Nigeria is produced at Avon Crown Caps in Ota, the packaging used to pack your drinks and many other products are produced in Shongai Packaging. Cookies are produced in Pally G and many other factories. Nigerian Brewery has a factory I the same ota. VeePee tanks are produced in the same Ota. I can go on and on and on.

Let me deal you the final blow, Nairaland is raking in millions from Ota. Abi I lie ni oga Seun Osewa

[/s]

Go and tell that to CBN

7 Likes

Re: OFFICIAL- The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria by forgiveness: 12:15pm On Sep 28, 2015
unitysheart:

Do you know how many companies are situated in Ota, the commercial capital of Ogun state alone? It will interest you to know that the crown cap covering the head of your drinks in Nigeria is produced at Avon Crown Caps in Ota, the packaging used to pack your drinks and many other products are produced in Shongai Packaging. Cookies are produced in Pally G and many other factories. Nigerian Brewery has a factory I the same ota. VeePee tanks are produced in the same Ota. I can go on and on and on.

I went to Ota last month to see my cousin in Convenat Univeristy and i was shocked to see Ota as a developing city.

Ota don pass Shagamu and Ijebu ode.]

2 Likes

Re: OFFICIAL- The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 28, 2015
OkutaNla:
Economically viable states are prone to attract economic migrants. Rather than attract such folks, the SE actually supplies them to the rest of the country in higher numbers than any other region. :#FACT.

I will believe that the SE is economically viable the moment their folks start returning home in masses, and for good. Not just to build Christmas mansions they only live in during Festive periods, while they actually earn their living in other more economically viable regions. cheesy

How viable is this cesspit of mud mentally challenged almajiris

12 Likes

Re: OFFICIAL- The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria by unitysheart(m): 12:17pm On Sep 28, 2015
lagbaja:
If you want to compare economic viability, this is what you should be looking at

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_states_by_GDP

You dey show us 2007 abi. OK o. Kontinuu.
Re: OFFICIAL- The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria by forgiveness: 12:18pm On Sep 28, 2015
BuddahMonk:

We stick to what CBN an authority said, you can source yours from Osundefender or but don't mess my thread up

What year was that report?
Re: OFFICIAL- The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria by OkutaNla: 12:19pm On Sep 28, 2015
BuddahMonk:

How viable is this cesspit of mud mentally challenged almajiris

So viable that your hungry almajiri kinsmen flock to their region to 'make it'. grin Your people 'follow the money' come our region -- yeeb.o man goes where the money is. If our region wasn't viable your people will not be coming here by the truckloads. That I'm sure you'll agree with. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: OFFICIAL- The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria by unitysheart(m): 12:20pm On Sep 28, 2015
forgiveness:

I went to Ota last month to see my cousin in Convenat Univeristy and i was shocked to see Ota as a developing city.

Ota don pass Shagamu and Ijebu ode.]
Please tell them.
Re: OFFICIAL- The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria by Balkan(m): 12:21pm On Sep 28, 2015
Remove Igbos investment in Lagos and Ogun, you will see those states will not be there

8 Likes

Re: OFFICIAL- The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 28, 2015
forgiveness:

What year was that report?
2013, Any poser ??
Re: OFFICIAL- The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 28, 2015
OkutaNla:

So viable that your hungry almajiri kinsmen flock to their region to 'make it'. grin Your people 'follow the money' come our region -- yeeb.o man goes where the money is. If our region wasn't viable your people will not be coming here by the truckloads. That I'm sure you'll agree with. cheesy

And these your bleached dirty and stinking women down here selling poisonous herbs and doing mechanics are not from your mud enclave.

7 Likes

Re: OFFICIAL- The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria by forgiveness: 12:23pm On Sep 28, 2015
BuddahMonk:

2013, Any poser ??

Are we still in 2013?
Re: OFFICIAL- The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria by OkutaNla: 12:25pm On Sep 28, 2015

2 Likes

Re: OFFICIAL- The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 28, 2015
forgiveness:

Are we still in 2013?
Of curse we aint so why do you ask
Re: OFFICIAL- The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria by OkutaNla: 12:26pm On Sep 28, 2015
BuddahMonk:

And these your bleached dirty and stinking women down here selling poisonous herbs and doing mechanics are not from your mud enclave.

LOL. Abegi make I hear word, they are Igbo girls forming Yoloba grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen On The Run As Atah Of Igala Invokes Mysterious Thunder (PHOTOS) / EFCC Arrests Four INEC Officials For Diverting N84.6 Million / Revealed: Atiku Defeated Ibb By Just One Vote!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.