Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,123 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:29 AM

Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year - Education (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year (70164 Views)

Teacher Uses Extraordinary Chalkboard Drawing Skills To Teach Students Anatomy / An insight into my case(feedback) / Anatomy Student Of Uniosun's Death: Revealed True Story Behind It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by mhizsuzzy(f): 1:33am On Dec 31, 2017
Thewhizzkid1:
Dr Jargo I'll appreciate if u occassionally throw some questions from anat, mbc and physiology to us. I'm preparing for my mb exam currently and I kinda need stuffs like this to keep me on check. Thanks.

Best of luck dear

Little tips though I believe it is a university thing as medical schools varies in aspect of lecturers approach.

I was just like you surfing the net as if my life depended on it because I wanted to know how to ace this "over hyped MB" (note it's in quote ooo, don't mind my choice of word, if you fail it God forbid, the rest is history in medical school)
I browsed how to read as a medic cos someone like me I no fit sit down for 3 hours read, don't ask me how I have been passing. (But get this, I don't sort and I don't ask or tell in exams). Well it doesn't go well with me as I was caught the first day I tried it, well a story for another day.
I needed to pass so badly that I download YouTube videos on what to do and what not to do.

Ask me if it helped, I will say the tips didn't but the medical context did.

What I am driving at with all these boring jargon above.

Passing mb lies on how you use your senior colleagues, junior colleague, they will be helpful in reminding you of previous yrs that is if you are a lazy medic like me, your mates cos of group discussion, though I didn't have one cos It doesn't work for me.
The senior colleagues really helped me. I owe them a lot.

Aim high don't be a pass student like me oooo Get distinctions nah so that this our very own drey's anatomy go form familiarity with you nah u grab

- Don't joke with your Continous assessment, they can be a saving grace. Was one of mine cos I fell sick during the exam.

-For physiology, you must understand it. It requires writing upon writing, abeg no go write off point join.

-Know your lecturers and their approach to questions this is the killer beat cos if you know everything but you know write am the way they want they will fail you

-Use past questions, this is the jaw-breaker cos with these you will have like 5% don't feel that mark is small bcoz in mb even 0.5 mark is important.

-Ask questions, interact, read as if your life depend on it and pray as if your life depended on it. That prayer aspect should never be omitted.

Don't thank me now, thank me later with an IPhone 7grin

See me forming oga boss for ditching out mb advice as if say I crest my own mb.
Don't mind the joking part oooo mb is a very serious business you have to face.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by Phaneroo: 2:21am On Jan 01, 2018
Thanks very much Mizsuzzy. I appreciate this.
Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by jargo89(m): 11:07am On Jan 03, 2018
mhizsuzzy:

Best of luck dear

Little tips though I believe it is a university thing as medical schools varies in aspect of lecturers approach.

I was just like you surfing the net as if my life depended on it because I wanted to know how to ace this "over hyped MB" (note it's in quote ooo, don't mind my choice of word, if you fail it God forbid, the rest is history in medical school)
I browsed how to read as a medic cos someone like me I no fit sit down for 3 hours read, don't ask me how I have been passing. (But get this, I don't sort and I don't ask or tell in exams). Well it doesn't go well with me as I was caught the first day I tried it, well a story for another day.
I needed to pass so badly that I download YouTube videos on what to do and what not to do.

Ask me if it helped, I will say the tips didn't but the medical context did.

What I am driving at with all these boring jargon above.

Passing mb lies on how you use your senior colleagues, junior colleague, they will be helpful in reminding you of previous yrs that is if you are a lazy medic like me, your mates cos of group discussion, though I didn't have one cos It doesn't work for me.
The senior colleagues really helped me. I owe them a lot.

Aim high don't be a pass student like me oooo Get distinctions nah so that this our very own drey's anatomy go form familiarity with you nah u grab

- Don't joke with your Continous assessment, they can be a saving grace. Was one of mine cos I fell sick during the exam.

-For physiology, you must understand it. It requires writing upon writing, abeg no go write off point join.

-Know your lecturers and their approach to questions this is the killer beat cos if you know everything but you know write am the way they want they will fail you

-Use past questions, this is the jaw-breaker cos with these you will have like 5% don't feel that mark is small bcoz in mb even 0.5 mark is important.

-Ask questions, interact, read as if your life depend on it and pray as if your life depended on it. That prayer aspect should never be omitted.

Don't thank me now, thank me later with an IPhone 7grin

See me forming oga boss for ditching out mb advice as if say I crest my own mb.
Don't mind the joking part oooo mb is a very serious business you have to face.

Thanks MhizSuzzy. That was some powerful stuffs up there. Dont think anyone could have put it better. Great job.

2 Likes

Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by jargo89(m): 11:15am On Jan 03, 2018
Thewhizzkid1:
Dr Jargo I'll appreciate if u occassionally throw some questions from anat, mbc and physiology to us. I'm preparing for my mb exam currently and I kinda need stuffs like this to keep me on check. Thanks.
As much as I would love to, i think it would not suit the purpose of this thread. However, you can create one for such. Mention me and I would gladly oblige.

Success in ur MB. And employ every one of MhizSuzzy's tips up there. They are everything.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by mhizsuzzy(f): 8:24pm On Jan 03, 2018
jargo89:

Thanks MhizSuzzy. That was some powerful stuffs up there. Dont think anyone could have put it better. Great job.

Thanks Chief

Learning from u. humbly your protege

1 Like

Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by Halisdavis: 9:30pm On Jan 03, 2018
ISISs come here

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by ISISs(m): 9:30pm On Jan 03, 2018
Halisdavis:
ISISs come here
grin grin
Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by ISISs(m): 1:06am On Jan 04, 2018
Wow, Doc halis invited me...
Well, started reading through this thread from page 0-16 from 10:15pm and got done at exactly 1:04am.

I swear, i enjoyed every page i opened.
An eye opner anyways.
Thanks soo much doc halis.
And to the boss jargo. Whedone sir.

1 Like

Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by kennyjam: 1:50am On Jan 04, 2018
ISISs:
Wow, Doc halis invited me...
Well, started reading through this thread from page 0-16 from 10:15pm and got done at exactly 1:04am.

I swear, i enjoyed every page i opened.
An eye opner anyways.
Thanks soo much doc halis.
And to the boss jargo. Whedone sir.

add this too ; www.nairaland.com/1049407/medical-students-aspirants-thread

1 Like

Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by ISISs(m): 3:56pm On Jan 04, 2018
kennyjam:

add this too ; www.nairaland.com/1049407/medical-students-aspirants-thread
Thanks soo much sir,
Done with that thread already wen i was an aspirant.
Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by kennyjam: 5:39pm On Jan 04, 2018
ISISs:
Thanks soo much sir, Done with that thread already wen i was an aspirant.

Ok sir... i did read ur story.... t'was not easy...may God help.

1 Like

Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by Bobola07(m): 8:39am On Feb 22, 2018
this place is dry oh

where's everybody na
Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by mhizsuzzy(f): 1:01am On Mar 05, 2018
Bobola07:
this place is dry oh

where's everybody na
Nairaland gave some of i us mandatory leave like me via banninggrin
Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by Nobody: 11:25am On Mar 05, 2018
mhizsuzzy:

Nairaland gave some of i
us mandatory leave like me via banninggrin

grin...what did u do?
Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by mhizsuzzy(f): 6:11pm On Mar 05, 2018
ARTtitude:

grin...what did u do?
na because say i encourage guys wey dey upload football gists for bb naija topics
Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by Nobody: 7:29pm On Mar 05, 2018
mhizsuzzy:

na because say i encourage guys wey dey upload football gists for bb naija topics

Na small thing self... Show me the MOD make I discipline am... angry
Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by Brukx(m): 7:30pm On Mar 05, 2018
What a wonderful thread

2 Likes

Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by Bobola07(m): 8:08am On Mar 06, 2018
mhizsuzzy:

grin grin grin
Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by ISISs(m): 11:07pm On Mar 12, 2018
Doctors, I troway salute Oo grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by Aremson14(m): 2:15pm On Mar 15, 2018
Good day guys please i would lyk to know in ur own opinion what are my chances at unilorin with a score of 250 in jamb for medicine.
Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by Nobody: 7:14pm On Mar 15, 2018
Aremson14:
Good day guys please i would lyk to know in ur own opinion what are my chances at unilorin with a score of 250 in jamb for medicine.
when did you write ?
Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by Aremson14(m): 8:22pm On Mar 15, 2018
Acecards:
when did you write ?
Saturday 7:00
Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by jonnyrichie(m): 9:01am On Mar 17, 2018
gud morning medics..please anyone from gombe state university..I seriously need a help
Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by jonnyrichie(m): 9:27am On Mar 17, 2018
jargo89:
My name is Ogunyemi Dare, a 300 level med student of OOU. M opening this trend to gv medicine enthusiasts a front seat view into my first year in med skul (200 level). Enjoy d joy, fun, challenges and life of a med student hoping to forge his names in dis noble profession
my boss,gud morning..I tried adding d digits u dropped on WhatsApp...its not active...can u please drop d active..wanna ask a few questions sir,thanks
Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by b4billgate: 10:57am On Mar 19, 2018
jargo89:
07039527567. Thats it
Add 08102226336 too
Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by Bobola07(m): 8:07pm On Jul 18, 2018
jargo89
you have a forest here to clear
Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by ISISs(m): 2:57pm On Aug 21, 2018
Active

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by medzzzy: 1:59am On Sep 01, 2018
Between Keith Moore embryology and saddlers,which is better? And reasons�
Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by LEGITLAYO: 7:51am On Sep 01, 2018
medzzzy:
Between Keith Moore embryology and saddlers,which is better? And reasons�
Depends on the school you are and what your lecturer uses...
Left to me, I enjoy developing human by Keith Moore, because of the images and vivid explanation of abstract concepts in embryology...
But my lecturer uses saddler, so in order for me to score high marks in incourses, I had to use saddler also.
You can decide to use both If you're up to the task.
It's all for knowledge sake..
Cheers cheesy
Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by medzzzy: 11:34am On Sep 01, 2018
Thanks a lot. So Keith Moore is more explanatory.Also,between guyton and gannong which did you prefer?
LEGITLAYO:

Depends on the school you are and what your lecturer uses...
Left to me, I enjoy developing human by Keith Moore, because of the images and vivid explanation of abstract concepts in embryology...
But my lecturer uses saddler, so in order for me to score high marks in incourses, I had to use saddler also.
You can decide to use both If you're up to the task.
It's all for knowledge sake..
Cheers cheesy
Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by LEGITLAYO: 1:00pm On Sep 01, 2018
medzzzy:
Thanks a lot. So Keith Moore is more explanatory.Also,between guyton and gannong which did you prefer?
It all boils down to your lecturers preference.
BTW wah school are you representing?
I didn't use any of the books, I was a staunch believer of sembulingam
Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by medzzzy: 2:01pm On Sep 01, 2018
UI though.Gannong is favoured but too hard to comprehend
LEGITLAYO:

It all boils down to your lecturers preference.
BTW wah school are you representing?
I didn't use any of the books, I was a staunch believer of sembulingam

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-akoko: Post Ume Date Is Out! / OAU Student Dressed As A Sexy Nun Turns Heads / Adegboye Olatunji: I Was Charmed By Cultists – Ilaro Poly SUG President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.