Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,033 members, 7,807,064 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year (70146 Views)

Teacher Uses Extraordinary Chalkboard Drawing Skills To Teach Students Anatomy / An insight into my case(feedback) / Anatomy Student Of Uniosun's Death: Revealed True Story Behind It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by jargo89(m): 12:19am On Jun 09, 2017
adeniyi3971:
oga jargo where you go??
Pathology and Pharmacology got me tied down. Through with the first posting though.
Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by jargo89(m): 12:36am On Jun 09, 2017
Still on Part 1 MB; Biochemistry was actually easy compared to the others. However the single choice style made it trickier. And blimey i made a little error during the practical sessions

Physiology was also cool; guess all were cool then. But, regulars would have read a lot of my love for Physiology, hence twas a special exam for me. My cummulated C.A. was 20.7; thus i was expecting an A. Well; that was my expectation but it didnt pan out lyk that.

1 Like

Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by Abcruz(m): 12:44am On Jun 09, 2017
jargo89:
Wow!!! Been a long while....

Well, currently on a clinical posting in Endocrinology. The past 4 weeks were however spent in Surgery.

Sit back; therez a lot of gist...
weldone chief. Keep the update rolling
Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by jargo89(m): 12:51am On Jun 09, 2017
After the theories and practicals, the orals were to follow. We started with Physiology. A schedule was prepared with the potential distinction students sectioned under the external invigilator. Brothers and sisters; i was tensed. You know the feeling of not knowing where in the love of anything right, the question you might be asked.

Well i was the last to enter. Mehn see procold shaking things.

I sha ended up packaging myself. Then all of a sudden the HoD bellowed: He's our best student sir. He's all yours.

Oboy i could have melted lyk a candle wax if not for the AC. Part of me could have tho. Funningly the questions werent too tough. But my initial lack of confidence, created a vacuum between my consciousness and my autorhythm. Anyways did my best and left; though i knew twast enuff

5 Likes

Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by jargo89(m): 1:06am On Jun 09, 2017
Well i killed the orals for Anatomy and Biochemistry; Physiology was constantly on my mind. I should have killed it.

However; the results were to be released the folowing day after the orals ended. Shey twas tension that i was going through before; this one was beyond mere tension. That morning was the longest morning the world have witnessed. And i am sure i must have pretty much spent it muttering: Lord please dont forsake me.

Brethren, the most prayerful human on earth is a medical student awaiting his MB result.
Lol...

12 Likes

Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by jargo89(m): 1:21am On Jun 09, 2017
5pm on the D-Day.

Okay here i am staring at the board and scanning. Yes!!! Thats my matric number. Okay with 3 Cs... No A...

But hey still, I passed. I did it. First MB done and dusted.

Thank God Almighty.

4 Likes

Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by adeniyi3971(m): 8:44am On Jun 09, 2017
jargo89:
Pathology and Pharmacology got me tied down. Through with the first posting though.

umm.. not easy
Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 09, 2017
Lemme park here... So this type of thread has been on NL since 2015 and person no know....
Good job Dr. Jargo89!
Following....

10 Likes

Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by Profcamsey(m): 6:15pm On Jun 09, 2017
jargo89:
5pm on the D-Day.

Okay here i am staring at the board and scanning. Yes!!! Thats my matric number. Okay with 3 Cs... No A...

Thank God Almighty.
No B?

1 Like

Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by Abcruz(m): 7:00pm On Jun 09, 2017
jargo89:
5pm on the D-Day.

Thank God Almighty.
congrats!
Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by jargo89(m): 7:14pm On Jun 09, 2017
Profcamsey:

No B?
There are no Bs in med school.

70 -75 --- A

60 - 69 ---- C

50 - 59 ------ Pass

7 Likes

Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by jargo89(m): 7:22pm On Jun 09, 2017
After my results, I had a brief review of my pre clinical period and i drew out some conclusions:

* I needed to improve on my spontaneity; as that cost me my Distinction in Physiology. As a medic, you have to learn how to recall the important stuff needed as early as possible. Its easier said than done tho; but its possible. One has to be able to separate the needed stuff from the shaft. This has a higher implication in oral exams.

* I needed to read wider. Altho reading within the required syllabus makes you a (very) good student, it doesnt make you distinct. An A student has that extra something others lack.

* I needed to stop seeing practical sessions as jokes....lol.

Ok lessons learned. PathPharm here we come.

8 Likes

Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jun 09, 2017
jargo89:

70 -75 --- A

60 - 69 ---- C

50 - 59 ------ Pass
Sir what about
0-49
&
76-100

thanks
Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by Profcamsey(m): 2:19pm On Jun 10, 2017
jargo89:

70 -75 --- A

60 - 69 ---- C

50 - 59 ------ Pass
That's your school's grading system.
For my school it's
70-100 --- Distinction
69-50 --- pass
49-0 ----- Fail

6 Likes

Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by jargo89(m): 2:55pm On Jun 10, 2017
Ajet001:

Sir what about
0-49
&
76-100

thanks
76 - 100 is usually refered to being impossible to obtain. 0 - 49 is failure. Altho border marks of 47 - 49 will be given a chance for upgrade during their orals

1 Like

Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jun 10, 2017
jargo89:
76 - 100 is usually refered to being impossible to obtain. 0 - 49 is failure. Altho border marks of 47 - 49 will be given a chance for upgrade during their orals
interesting!
Does that mean students don't score higher than 75 marks.??

Thanks sir
Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by jargo89(m): 3:20pm On Jun 10, 2017
Ajet001:

interesting!
Does that mean students don't score higher than 75 marks.??

Thanks sir
During MB exams? NO
Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jun 10, 2017
jargo89:
During MB exams? NO
I'm yet to believe this sir
Does that mean the exam is too hard or something rursh
Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by dearpiriye: 7:26pm On Jun 10, 2017
Ajet001:

I'm yet to believe this sir

Does that mean the exam is too hard or something
rursh
It's peculiar to the institution
For UI
80_100- distinction
50_79- pass
0-49-fail
No grade is too difficult to get

3 Likes

Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jun 10, 2017
dearpiriye:
It's peculiar to the institution For UI 80_100- distinction 50_79- pass 0-49-fail No grade is too difficult to get
Ok thanks ma But UI too strict oo

So there is no difference between someone who scored 50 and 79. Hmm it's well I heard the most important thing is crossing to the next class tho.

So doc. I'm sure some guys will still score between the 80-100 range Or is it impossible. Thanks ma.

2 Likes

Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jun 10, 2017
Profcamsey:
That's your school's grading system. For my school it's 70-100 --- Distinction 69-50 --- pass 49-0 ----- Fail
Which School Sir. cheesy
Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by dearpiriye: 7:56pm On Jun 10, 2017
Ajet001:

Ok thanks ma
But UI too strict oo

So there is no difference between someone who scored 50 and 79.
Hmm it's well
I heard the most important thing is crossing to the next class tho.

So doc. I'm sure some guys will still score between the 80-100 range
Or is it impossible.
Thanks ma.
that's what's most important.
Of course its possible but just rare.
Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jun 10, 2017
dearpiriye:
that's what's most important. Of course its possible but just rare.
Alright Ma Thanks.
Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by Pilate2016(m): 9:11pm On Jun 11, 2017
jargo89:
During MB exams? NO
Good day Dr Jargo, please I'm a MBBS aspirant and God willing I will be admitted by October. Please which textbooks do you recommend for me to get and be reading now.
Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by Nabeeltnabs(m): 4:34pm On Jun 13, 2017
pls can anybody help ma with the current price of these books KEITH MOORE ANATOMY GUYTON AND HALL PHYSIOLOGY HARPER'S BIOCHEMISTRY
Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by LEGITLAYO: 7:20pm On Jun 13, 2017
Nabeeltnabs:
pls can anybody help ma with the current price of these books
KEITH MOORE ANATOMY
GUYTON AND HALL PHYSIOLOGY
HARPER'S BIOCHEMISTRY
Keith Moore clinical oriented anatomy 9k
Harper's biochemistry 6k
Guyton 7k

1 Like

Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by Nabeeltnabs(m): 8:01pm On Jun 13, 2017
thank bro
Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by Nabeeltnabs(m): 8:01pm On Jun 13, 2017
thank bro bt 4 where i 4 get amm (s)
Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by Lecturebidz(m): 3:11am On Jun 14, 2017
Nice 1 Jargo,am inspired smiley
Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by jargo89(m): 6:37pm On Jun 26, 2017
Pathology and Pharmacology!!!!

What is this class all about? Well its known in my school as PathPharm. Its actually a linking class between the basic medical sciences (Anatomy, BCH and Physiology) and the core Clinical science (Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology; and Pediatrics). You can see how important the class is. It kind of provides the bridge between where you coming from and where you going.

Also, it is extremely short with 2 blocks (semester). Each are of 13 weeks. Thus 26 weeks. Thats sounds scary, innit? And the seniors have a way of scaring you about this class. Oh boy!!!!

So what are the subjects to be done in this class?

2 Likes

Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by jargo89(m): 6:37pm On Jun 26, 2017
Lecturebidz:
Nice 1 Jargo,am inspired smiley
Thanks alot

1 Like

Re: Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year by jargo89(m): 6:50pm On Jun 26, 2017
There are 2 main courses to be completed in this class: Pathology and Pharmacology. Simple right? No its not.

Pathology is further branched into 4 subjects (remember Anatomy); which are:

* Chemical Pathology: This branch deals with the biochemical basis of diseases and covers the biochemical means for screening, prognosis, diagnosis and 'management' of diseases.

* Hematology: This involves study of blood, its contents, blood forming organs and diseases associated with them.

* Histopathology and Morbid Anatomy: I refer to it as Baba of Pathology. Its the study of changes caused in tissues and organs due to diseases. Now envision the hudreds of disease in existence; and imagining studying virtually them all. Gross anatomy dey learn in terms of bulkiness. The Robbins and Cortrans textbook of Histopathology is so large it can make you cry.

* Medical microbiology: It's plainly the study of microorganisms and the diseases they cause.

Bottom line is: A good doctor must know pathology. If you dont know a disease and identify it, how can you treat it?

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply)

Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-akoko: Post Ume Date Is Out! / OAU Student Dressed As A Sexy Nun Turns Heads / 2017/2018 Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (aau) Aspirants (official Thread)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.