Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,700 members, 7,802,072 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? (4970 Views)

9 Qualities A Man Looks For In His Future Wife / A Letter From A Guy To His Future Wifey / Does A Persons Past Affect His Present Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by ilaugh1: 6:42pm On Apr 18, 2009
Poster

Tell me how many boyfriends you have had in your life, did you marry the one that first poke your pussy? How come you are not answering? Why is it that women always give men a bad name just to hang us? Who doesnt have a bad past? Tell it to my face or show me he/she who doesnt have a bad past? So, each one of us, man or woman, with bad pasts does not now have a bright future or what? Look, your past is past, God doesnt ask for your CV b4 determining your future, so poster, better keep sticking that di ck inside your pussy - know that there is always a reward.
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by ladybam(f): 7:01pm On Apr 18, 2009
posakosa:

This is a very good question. Some men think they're "GOD"

My ex-boyfriend will suffer. angry angry

Actually 99% of them fink dy r Gods
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by Diva1(f): 7:03pm On Apr 18, 2009
ow11:

If he's got AIDS. . .Life would be a little bit more expensive. So for that reason,YES but the possibilities you mentioned are random and can affect anyone regardless of their sexual history.

I wasn't just referring to sexual history, it was more like breaking of hearts and all, and as Kriticul mentioned earlier, what if someone during the course cursed him or something or karma, u know.
Also bad past like fraud etc

i_laugh:

Poster

Tell me how many boyfriends you have had in your life, did you marry the one that first poke your pussy? How come you are not answering? Why is it that women always give men a bad name just to hang us? Who doesnt have a bad past? Tell it to my face or show me he/she who doesnt have a bad past? So, each one of us, man or woman, with bad pasts does not now have a bright future or what? Look, your past is past, God doesnt ask for your CV b4 determining your future, so poster, better keep sticking that di ck inside your pussy - know that there is always a reward.

First of all lol, let me laugh, Did u read the ending where I said and "vice versa". I wasn't just generalising only men, I only used an example and of cause it's mostly men, How many boyfriends I've had has nothing to do with this, I may have had 1 million boyfriends but no one might have got hurt in the process and the other might have had only one girlfriend that may have had a very horrible and bad ending, And also there are differen types of "bad" pasts, breaking hearts and someone that maybe used to smoke are on different levels so hope u understand better.

I believe definitely God forgives all but my thoughts are even after praying for forgiveness, how about those he/she has hurt that could have warranted curses or something, maybe the person never apologised, ?
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by Diva1(f): 7:08pm On Apr 18, 2009
@ ladybam

What would you consider an over complicated past sin?
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by Diva1(f): 7:10pm On Apr 18, 2009
i_laugh:

Poster

What reward??
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by linxon(m): 7:13pm On Apr 18, 2009
What goes around comes around, the best way to look at it is that GOD sees everything you are doing.  Every action we take is like savings in a bank; if you do nothing but good, good will come your way and vice versa.  For example, Some people go to church then go and do evil, who are they fooling? They are fooling themselves, you can't fool GOD.  So its a matter of if you have done wrong, ask for forgiveness and work as hard as you can to redeem yourself, nobody is perfect.
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by Desmond3: 8:40pm On Apr 18, 2009
What ever a man sow he shall reap, way out is new birth in christ.
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by echofamozo(m): 9:19pm On Apr 18, 2009
hmmmmmmmmmm talking about the past hunting people, let me tell you all a story, there is the girl and guy that were dating for close to six years and the girl did abortion close to six times and later they parted due to one thing or the other. Not quite long the girl met someone who just came back from abroad and unfurtunately for her when the guy hosted some of his old friends at his house her EX came with some other guy. this guy now called this abroad guy and told him all about his EX even he told him the girl has no chance of having Kids thas she has done six abortions.Due to  this the  guy now quit the relationship, sad sad sad

With this i believe that the past has a way of affected us either negatively or possitively depending on the indvidual.
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by Pittbaby(f): 9:47pm On Apr 18, 2009
that is why it is called the past .get tested if you have not so far , go and sin no more

women unfortunately are not so lucky if you had a colored past and did silly things like abortions , just pray that all is well
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by ugo2u(m): 9:48pm On Apr 18, 2009
If anyone believes that what goes around comes around explain saint paul, the guy was a murderer of the christians, he took lives, but was he condemned? No.with christ the recreated man is free from condemnation through grace.
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by omonua85: 8:39am On Apr 19, 2009
It's hard 2 call. The good book says d sinner will nt go unpunished. It also says when u truly ask 4 4giveness he will 4give and make u a new creature. I think destiny plays a big part here, God chooses who he wld hav mercy on. So do ur part by sincerely asking 4 4giveness and hope that he has mercy on u.
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by kadman(m): 9:05am On Apr 19, 2009
@ Topic

I don't know how the thread became a relaigious issue, but I would like to believe in the law of Karma,and there's something in the world that pays you back either for good or for bad. Sometimes you see a guy who's runied a girls life and you just hope there is a Law of karma that would repay him in kind. Sadly it doesn't always work this way,and many many times bad people go scott free.
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by minute(f): 12:42pm On Apr 19, 2009
Only if he allows that to become a factor. undecided undecided undecided

If you can actually learn from your mistakes open

your eyes to things more cleary,then yes you can affect it.
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by ladybam(f): 1:06pm On Apr 19, 2009
Diva1:

@ ladybam

What would you consider an over complicated past sin?

an "over complicated past" sin;
one dat will hunt him. and affect me too in the long run!
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by liliana(f): 5:47pm On Apr 19, 2009
@topic,

I certainly believe that for every action there is a reaction.We all sin against God and man and if we realise this and beg for forgiveness,our sins are forgiven.But the consequenses must meet up with us,whether it is good or bad.For an unbeliever,it may be difficult to bear the consequenses but for a born-again christian God will definately give us the grace to be able to face whatever the consequenses are.

Remember King david in the bible,he commited a sin by marrying bathsheba and killing Uriel her husband.He realised he had sinned and begged for forgiveness but that did not stop God from killing the first baby bathseba had for david.That was the punishment for his sin.

For a man/woman that lives a "bad" life(Bad here is used objectively,because what may be bad to me may not be to you),He /she may not suffer the consequenses and may think he/she has gotten away with it but one must remember that sins of our fathers lives with us.That is why one has to be careful when dealing with people if not for ourselves but for our Children and children's Children.

Simply put,what goes around comes around!
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by sammyzacks(m): 5:53pm On Apr 19, 2009
If you confess and forsake your sins, God will forgive you. The devil will try to tell you that you can't be free by giving you a feeling of guilt. It is now your role to believe God, resist the devil and forgive yourself. It does not come all at once. The transformation comes by the entrance of the word of God into your heart. That is the only way. Otherwise justice as demanded by sin will ensure that you pay for all you past mistakes if you live in the ignorance of what Jesus has done for you.
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by liliana(f): 5:57pm On Apr 19, 2009
@topic,

In My own opinion,for a man/woman that has a bad past,it is up to you to decide if you love him/her enough to bear whatever comes his way as a punishment for his "bad" past.

This to me is a real test of love.We are not in a position to judge any man.But you as a person know what you can bear and what you cannot.A man's bad past can affect his future just as his Good past can affect his future.

One thing we should also realise is that for a man/woman to talk about his past,then the person wants to change.Its up to you to decide you would stand by him/her through the process irrespective of the sin.
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by arogbowei: 10:20pm On Apr 19, 2009
Sure thing. A man's past will always surface one way or the other, either for good or bad. But let him beg God for forgiveness, and the ladies involved as well. We all at one time or the other might have disappointed someone, but it is wise and proper to beg for forgiveness, to calm frail nerves and broken heart. To a large extent our conscience will excuse us, and that matters a lot
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by tope2000(f): 10:25pm On Apr 19, 2009
@Post
Not just a man's past . . . .Everyone's past will affect their future unless something is done or changed.
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by SweetT1: 11:00pm On Apr 19, 2009
@Poster

Everyone's got a past, as long as you are not a serial killer it's alright to be a serial monogamist. 'Cause God did not intend for us to be with one partner for the rest of our lives. If he did, he would not have given us all this sperm to distribute.
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by TOYOSI20(f): 1:21am On Apr 20, 2009
A Bad past??. . , It depends on the context we speak of. . . . .if he used to be a player, and used to live a care free life and all that,

wouldn't really as bad as having been convicted of a crime or some other extreme crap like that!!

So basically, as long as he realizes that, “as a boy he acted like one, and when the time for him to act as he man. . . .

He essentially does what’s expected of him". . . . .and steps up and owns up to his responsibilities!!

With that being said, there are some things folks have done in their past that come back to hunt ‘em, shocked shocked

in fact they say the evil that men do no longer lives after them. . . , It actually does live wid them. . . . .!!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by rahyme: 1:47am On Apr 20, 2009
@poster
tope2000:

@Post
Not just a man's past . . . .Everyone's past will affect their future unless something is done or changed.

Sure, Everyone's past will definitely affect the future, no one can escape that.

Sure God forgives, sins committed out of ignorance.
but not sins willingly committed,

God knws Best
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by 7eleven: 8:34am On Apr 20, 2009
Only if he allowa it to. wink

Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by Tawak: 12:25pm On Apr 20, 2009
YES[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by Elizza(f): 10:42pm On Apr 20, 2009
Actions are like-leaving a load and revolving round it, cos u'll definitely meet it there. Pasts are like mirror thats reflects ur future. thats why if u want to move forward, ponda on ur pasts and learn from it but don't live by it. So, i would say a man's bad past affects him cos the reflection of his future which is his past has now become a clear image. In otherwords, the bad past would affect is future if he still lives by it. But it would not if he learnt from the past.
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by righocream(m): 12:27am On Apr 21, 2009
yes na, why would his past not affect him, after all he did all those things and he does have a conscience, listen whatever we do in this world must hunt us. we do not live in this world alone, we do good we get bad comments then what do you expect when we do bad? we get worse thats final and the truth,

so if we do bad we must be paid in same way, whether born again or not, changed or not. in christ or not, the only thing we can do about it is self justification,,, and that applies in every spec of life, we must learn to live with it and always know that was our old self. I myself have bad past, infact very bad ones but I know say my own no worse pass say people do worse than me,. but what I thank God ofr is that I am changed and I know better,,,, one day I will reckon with it and get to explain myself Big and that would be mega once, then the rest will be like little explanations which I dont really care about because I would have accepted my justifications, thats life, so when you start reaping all your past deeds do not blame it on anyone but yourself, everyone has got past, just try not to be a great example of bad stuff to others,,,
Kasa Final
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by Magz(m): 12:37am On Apr 21, 2009
Everything you do in life - good or bad - comes back at one point or another. The world is just a cycle,
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by Diva1(f): 8:50pm On Apr 24, 2009
Thanks ya'll for your comments and words.
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by GeorgeD1(m): 9:24am On Jul 08, 2009
the answer to this one is quite obvious.
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by omoiseselagba: 9:48pm On Oct 08, 2014
ugo2u:
Well yes and no. If the guy doesn't know God and hasn't accepted Jesus into his life it will affect him due to he still has the natural mans nature but If he has Jesus then his sins are forgiven and his mindset changed and also he will feel sorry of his past,ask the lord for forgiveness and forgive himself then it'll not.
bulshit you wrote up there.if I have killed u and ur entire household and claim to av accepted ur fictitious jesus I will be saved and all my sin gone?.madness in 3D
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by Youngpo413: 7:23am On Dec 06, 2014
ladybam:
@post
i hate men wid bad past.both repentant and unrepentant
learner
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by Youngpo413: 8:24am On Dec 06, 2014
posakosa:
This is a very good question. Some men think they're "GOD"

My ex-boyfriend will suffer. angry angry
lol,the guy don fucckk dump you abi?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Disvirgined Her But Now I Am Tired Of Her / 8 Ladies To Never Marry / Must You Have Sex On Your Wedding Night? Let's Discuss..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.