Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,156 members, 7,807,525 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:44 PM

Blackberry CEO John Chen Does Not Know How To Use The New Blackberry Priv - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry CEO John Chen Does Not Know How To Use The New Blackberry Priv (24263 Views)

Blackberry CEO John Chen Wants To Give You A Blackberry Device For Free / See The Price Of The Blackberry Priv Android Handset / Ex-apple CEO, John Sculley’s New Smartphone “obi” Is Coming To Nigeria And Kenya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry CEO John Chen Does Not Know How To Use The New Blackberry Priv by sugni: 8:09am On Sep 29, 2015
undecided
Re: Blackberry CEO John Chen Does Not Know How To Use The New Blackberry Priv by Segadem(m): 8:09am On Sep 29, 2015
bad market
Re: Blackberry CEO John Chen Does Not Know How To Use The New Blackberry Priv by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 29, 2015
Karmanaut:

I don't believe you on the BlackBerry issue, but fr windows OS, Na today?
If a passcode is present, an attacker would have to employ a chip-off or a JTAG process to dump the BlackBerry’s flash memory. Both of these methods require specialized equipment and expertise, but JTAG equipment is by far less expensive. There is software to analyze chip-off and JTAG dumps which I doubt you have access to.
Cellebrite?

adb reboot recovery 
if USB debugging is turned on,if it isn't there are physical methods to boot into recovery.

Android 5 is outdated.
M preview is the in thing.
Nexus.
U
I unlock icloud locked devices 38k flat, even bb devices too. Let it not sound like am blowing my own trumpet.
U know what? Let's just allow the lying dog sleep.
Seeing they say is believing!!!
Re: Blackberry CEO John Chen Does Not Know How To Use The New Blackberry Priv by 360dreezyjones(m): 8:11am On Sep 29, 2015
If the phone doesn't cost more than 20k..I'll get it..because 20k is the highest I'd spend on any phone..I nofit steal money to buy phone grin

1 Like

Re: Blackberry CEO John Chen Does Not Know How To Use The New Blackberry Priv by SmartMugu: 8:16am On Sep 29, 2015
CEOs don't have to know how to operate every product their firm manufactures. His job is to run the company. How many phones has blackberry manufactured? Do we expect him to know the capabilities of each one? Especially now that they're considering switching OS's.

His flaw could be that he tried to run a demo on a phone he is unfamiliar with without prior test drive. One of his tech savvy employees could have done that.

Do you think Steve Jobs knew all the capabilities of an iPhone? As a CEO, he would wait on briefings for his demos so he doesn't look like a fool, that doesn't mean he knows the device like that.

Theres a huge difference between being a techie, a device end-user and running a company.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blackberry CEO John Chen Does Not Know How To Use The New Blackberry Priv by Tallesty1(m): 8:18am On Sep 29, 2015
360dreezyjones:
If the phone doesn't cost more than 20k..I'll get it..because 20k is the highest I'd spend on any phone..I nofit steal money to buy phone grin
3ou are wickedgringringringrin

1 Like

Re: Blackberry CEO John Chen Does Not Know How To Use The New Blackberry Priv by iker: 8:19am On Sep 29, 2015
Na who go buy am, all d people wey dey europe ,north america, japan or china wey dey buy new phone in the millions wey dey buy am before don dey buy iphone (74.3 million sold in 3 months ), other people wey like cheap thing go go buy samsung and all d hauwei chinko phone , how many afrika people dey buy new phone ? na new phone the people wey dey make d phone they use measure success.

Defaramade:
If the phone is priced reasonably well I think it will be a success. The watertight security of BlackBerry combined with the flexibility & popularity of Android is a strong recipe for success.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blackberry CEO John Chen Does Not Know How To Use The New Blackberry Priv by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 29, 2015
Tallesty1:
Some androids are secure to a good extent.

4instance, my phone came pre-rooted. All I was required to do was to accept the T&C.

I gave it to a friend to make a call one day and he tried to unlock it using keys instead of my fingerprint so it locked up completely and requested for my flyme account password.

I entered the password but it was rejected. I guess it was due bad network or something like that because it said 'error in connection, try later'

I waited and waited but no change so I decided to turn it off to save battery because the phone automatically turned on GPs and other services that were draining my battery.

I couldn't turn it off so I decided to flash it instead but it didn't work.

I took it to some engineers here but same thing. They couldn't flash it.

It was two days later that I decided to charge it and try the password again, luckily it worked.

Since then I dey use am with care.
You couldn't reboot into recovery?
Re: Blackberry CEO John Chen Does Not Know How To Use The New Blackberry Priv by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 29, 2015
Godvilla:
U
I unlock icloud locked devices 38k flat, even bb devices too. Let it not sound like am blowing my own trumpet.
U know what? Let's just allow the lying dog sleep.
Seeing they say is believing!!!
Okay man.
Cheers.
Re: Blackberry CEO John Chen Does Not Know How To Use The New Blackberry Priv by Tallesty1(m): 8:24am On Sep 29, 2015
Karmanaut:

Nope......

I couldn't.
Re: Blackberry CEO John Chen Does Not Know How To Use The New Blackberry Priv by adepiero: 8:28am On Sep 29, 2015
Depends on the battery life and effectiveness of the phone!

1 Like

Re: Blackberry CEO John Chen Does Not Know How To Use The New Blackberry Priv by aare07(m): 8:34am On Sep 29, 2015
Karmanaut:
"...does not know" instead of "do not know"
Cheers.

Can you please explain?
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Blackberry CEO John Chen Does Not Know How To Use The New Blackberry Priv by Nobody: 8:34am On Sep 29, 2015
Karmanaut:

Well... Someone just confirmed what i was saying.
Am surprised u said uv been using Android 5 for almost a year and u're yet to discovery the security upgrades embedded in the OS. Wow!!!
Giv me ur Android 5 device and watch me lock it permanently, No recovery, no flash, nothing can unlock it except the owner's security details just like Icloud.
Besides, it takes me almost 3days to unlock icloud locked devices, some like the Iphone 6 are yet to be unlockable.
And now, finger print security will be officially incoporated into Android 6, and with all chips running on 64bit architecture, security would be much more tighter.
Technology is an epic tale. Its developing and getter stronger and most importantly interesting as days roll out.
#More researches.
Re: Blackberry CEO John Chen Does Not Know How To Use The New Blackberry Priv by zinaunreal(m): 8:43am On Sep 29, 2015
My BlackBerry ehhhh, my BlackBerry ehhh, any how them do my BlackBerry ehhh I go love you to the end grin grin grin
Re: Blackberry CEO John Chen Does Not Know How To Use The New Blackberry Priv by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 29, 2015
Dammyg2016:
[size=20]Are You Still Find It Difficult To Brow s Free? Try To Always Visiting WWW.CYBER LOADE D.COM To Learn How To Configure Your Phone & Computer To Start Browsing for Free, Its is 100% Confirmed![/size]
by your english 'i confirmed u know nothing.
Re: Blackberry CEO John Chen Does Not Know How To Use The New Blackberry Priv by talk2yommex2000(m): 8:49am On Sep 29, 2015
Karmanaut:
a.
Pls pal, what are the advantages or purpose of rooting?
wat are d disadvantages?
which do you think is better, to root or not root?
Pls quote me wen responding.
Re: Blackberry CEO John Chen Does Not Know How To Use The New Blackberry Priv by Nobody: 8:51am On Sep 29, 2015
Whizpeter:
If its worth it, I'd go for it...

RIP BLACKBURIAL grin
Re: Blackberry CEO John Chen Does Not Know How To Use The New Blackberry Priv by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 29, 2015
talk2yommex2000:

wat are d disadvantages?

this shouldn't be a 2015 question.. Google is everybody's friend
Re: Blackberry CEO John Chen Does Not Know How To Use The New Blackberry Priv by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 29, 2015
Tallesty1:
Nope......

I couldn't.
Godvilla:
Well... Someone just confirmed what i was saying.
Am surprised u said uv been using Android 5 for almost a year and u're yet to discovery the security upgrades embedded in the OS. Wow!!!
Giv me ur Android 5 device and watch me lock it permanently, No recovery, no flash, nothing can unlock it except the owner's security details just like Icloud.
Besides, it takes me almost 3days to unlock icloud locked devices, some like the Iphone 6 are yet to be unlockable.
And now, finger print security will be officially incoporated into Android 6, and with all chips running on 64bit architecture, security would be much more tighter.
Technology is an epic tale. Its developing and getter stronger and most importantly interesting as days roll out.
#More researches.
Weird.
I run a custom ROM and recovery, I can always boot to recovery.
Oh well you learn everyday.
Cheers.
Re: Blackberry CEO John Chen Does Not Know How To Use The New Blackberry Priv by Nobody: 9:16am On Sep 29, 2015
This is kinda funny!
Somehow I feel he should have an idea and be able to operate everything they produce. Call it a high level of competence. smiley
Re: Blackberry CEO John Chen Does Not Know How To Use The New Blackberry Priv by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 29, 2015
aare07:

Can you please explain?
Thanks in anticipation.
The OP wrote:
Blackberry CEO John Chen Do Not Know How To Use The New Blackberry Priv
The bolded should be "does not"
A verb always agrees with its tense; this is the rule of concord.
If you use a plural noun or pronoun, you must complement it with a plural verb, and vice versa.
English is a weird language:
Its singular verbs end in 's' most of the time, while its plural nouns end in 's' usually.
And if you use a singular noun, you must follow up with a singular verb.
Eg:
Walk is a plural verb, while Walks is the singular verb.
Meanwhile "boys" is a plural noun while "boy" is a singular noun.
Making a sentence using this example it should be : "(The) boys walk" - plural verb and noun, or "(The) boy walks" - singular verb and noun.
For the case of the op, "does" is a singular verb (it ends with an 's') while "do" is the plural verb (no 's') and the CEO is a single person so it should be: "The CEO does not..."
Hope you understand, if indeed this was what you needed clarification on.
Cheers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blackberry CEO John Chen Does Not Know How To Use The New Blackberry Priv by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 29, 2015
talk2yommex2000:

wat are d disadvantages?

If you’re unfamiliar with the term, rooting simply refers to the act of obtaining access to commands, system files and folder locations that are usually locked off from the user.
Rooting could be thought of moving from a user to administrator, with the additional freedom and risks that come from more control over the deeper workings of your device.

Once you root your device you gain access to the system and you can change almost everything, from the boot logo, to the start up tone, to ye recovery, you can even flash a different software, eg use Sony Xperia software and apps on a Samsung or techno device.

That you have superior access also means anyone in physical possession of your phone can have superior access too, and your privacy and security can be easily compromised.
Eg. you can bypass a person's lock screen if his phone is rooted, which makes it easier to steal, you can also read WhatsApp messages directly without access to the WhatsApp application itself: the messages are stored in an SQL database in the root folder. A person can also access credit card information, which is why most banking apps don't work if your phone us routed.

To find out more:
click here or click here instead

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry CEO John Chen Does Not Know How To Use The New Blackberry Priv by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 29, 2015
Karmanaut:
"...does not know" instead of "do not know"
Cheers.
what do you mean? Are you saying that the caption is not error free?
Re: Blackberry CEO John Chen Does Not Know How To Use The New Blackberry Priv by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 29, 2015
[quote author=Tallesty1 post=38483216]Ait, Thanks.[/quote
Re: Blackberry CEO John Chen Does Not Know How To Use The New Blackberry Priv by lacis: 9:49am On Sep 29, 2015
Buhari won’t attach value to ministers – PDP.http://nairalast..com.ng/
Re: Blackberry CEO John Chen Does Not Know How To Use The New Blackberry Priv by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 29, 2015
dapipson:
what do you mean? Are you saying that the caption is not error free?
penss:
He do not know how to use d new blackberry priv? how does that make sense?
noPon. Kindly elaborate..
You guys misunderstand: The Post formerly read "The CEO do not know." I corrected the op that it would read "does not know" instead of "do not know".

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry CEO John Chen Does Not Know How To Use The New Blackberry Priv by acenazt: 9:54am On Sep 29, 2015
Godvilla:
You're joking right?
The security in Android 5.1.1 is very tight. Perhaps u're yet to get ur hands on android device running on the latest OS verion
i tell u
Re: Blackberry CEO John Chen Does Not Know How To Use The New Blackberry Priv by Tallesty1(m): 10:00am On Sep 29, 2015
Karmanaut:

You guys misunderstand: The Post formerly read "The CEO do not know." I corrected the op that it would read "does not know" instead of "do not know".
I think the reason they misunderstand you is because I have corrected error.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chinese Court Finds Gionee Guilty Of Planting Malware On Mobile Phone / Musk: Say What You Want About Me, I Bought Twitter For $44b / Oppo Reno 2 Unboxing And Review After 1 Month Of Use

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.