Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,946 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. (57138 Views)

Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice / Pls How Much Will Finish This 2bedroom Bungalow / Guide To Home Painting: Calculating Volume Of Paint Needed For Your Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 11:41pm On Sep 28, 2015
This is a thread to document our activities while turning this roofed house to a home. The details of the project are as follows;

Project: Completion of all finish works in an 8 bedroom duplex
Client: A Nairalander
Contractor: Tigerkenn Homes Ltd
Duration: 10 weeks

1 Like

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by busky101(m): 11:45pm On Sep 28, 2015
Following

1 Like

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 11:48pm On Sep 28, 2015
My work her is not only to complete this house, but also to introduce some radical changes into the architectural design. I have some things to change in the appearance of this house. We have agreed to remove this second staircase at the side of the house,

1 Share

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 11:56pm On Sep 28, 2015
There will be some beautiful POP ceiling designs from this porch and in all rooms in this house.

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 12:01am On Sep 29, 2015
The front and the back of this house, cleared for more compound works to start.

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 12:06am On Sep 29, 2015
We hit the ground running. ........ we commenced the removal of the second stairs soon after we arrived. My carpenters removing the roof. ......

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 12:09am On Sep 29, 2015
Breaking the walls of the staircase, today. ......

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 12:12am On Sep 29, 2015
We need to also coat these back columns, needs to be uniform with the front columns. .........

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 12:15am On Sep 29, 2015
I don't like the arrangement where there is no kitchen balcony or back entrance. I plan to break this section carefully and create a back entrance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 12:26am On Sep 29, 2015
Scaffolding works set to commence tomorrow as I also bought the wood materials today. More materials to be bought tomorrow, more workers arriving, it's gonna be a full house here for the next 2 months.

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by brabus(m): 1:34am On Sep 29, 2015
FTC grin grin

Well done Oga!

______
I didn't see that someone has already buy land up there. I'm fine with STC though
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 6:41am On Sep 29, 2015
brabus:
FTC grin grin

Well done Oga!

______
I didn't see that someone has already buy land up there. I'm fine with STC though

My brother, thank you so much.
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by ifyalways(f): 8:04am On Sep 29, 2015
This fine edifice na him " miracle/ healing home" get mind occupy ? Lol

Looks like a place I know sef, Umuduruoji .

Following . . .

Oga Spyder, thank God u are well married and a Christian oo cos assuming u were not, all these waka waka, u for don get 4 plus wives cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 9:45am On Sep 29, 2015
ifyalways:
This fine edifice na him " miracle/ healing home" get mind occupy ? Lol

Looks like a place I know sef, Umuduruoji .

Following . . .

Oga Spyder, thank God u are well married and a Christian oo cos assuming u were not, all these waka waka, u for don get 4 plus wives cheesy

grin grin grin My sister, man has to use iron hands to control himself, if not, na plenty story o cheesy

1 Like

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 9:49am On Sep 29, 2015
Work has already started this morning, while some of my workers are bringing the side step down, others are setting up the scaffolding, me am in the market, buying up plumbing materials in Owerri.

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by Pchinak: 11:29am On Sep 29, 2015
Well done sir.

1 Like

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 11:45am On Sep 29, 2015
Pchinak:
Well done sir.

Thank you Sir.
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by duduade: 3:07pm On Sep 29, 2015
To get your varieties of affordable and classy furnitures which includes sofas, t.v stands, dining tables, side stool stands and library stands please visit

www.furnitureplaceng.com...

A trial shall convince you...

Discounts will be given...

You can also purchase our furnitures' on Konga... Delivery to any part of the country Nigeria is available. .. Lagos orders will be free delivery.

Payments will be made after delivery of orders.
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by tranxo(m): 3:36pm On Sep 29, 2015
spyder880:
We hit the ground running. ........ we commenced the removal of the second stairs soon after we arrived. My carpenters removing the roof. ......
spyder congrats. How many stairs lead to the upper floor. I know around here we tend to put security àbove every other thing else. But if you consider safety as well, you will agree that 2 stairs can come useful in times of hazards ...eg. fire, especially in a place where all the windows are already barricaded with buglar proofs. Just my humble thoughts
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 10:45pm On Sep 29, 2015
tranxo:
spyder congrats. How many stairs lead to the upper floor. I know around here we tend to put security àbove every other thing else. But if you consider safety as well, you will agree that 2 stairs can come useful in times of hazards ...eg. fire, especially in a place where all the windows are already barricaded with buglar proofs. Just my humble thoughts

Thank you Sir, I also thought of safety, but there just too many exit points from every side of this house. We have 3 doors on the ground floor and I am going to add a 4th. On the upper floors there will now be 3 exit points leading to the balcony from different sides, aside the central staircase.

1 Like

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 10:53pm On Sep 29, 2015
I bought this roll of hose to use in the A/C conduit system. This will hide into the wall, the connection wire, copper tubes and water hose between the indoor unit and outdoor unit of the air conditioner.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by tranxo(m): 6:20am On Sep 30, 2015
spyder880:

Thank you Sir, I also thought of safety, but there just too many exit points from every side of this house. We have 3 doors on the ground floor and I am going to add a 4th. On the upper floors there will now be 3 exit points leading to the balcony from different sides, aside the central staircase.
Well done

1 Like

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 12:17pm On Sep 30, 2015
And so, we quickly "deleted" the stairs. ........ cheesy

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 12:20pm On Sep 30, 2015
Scaffolding works for plastering, dressing, window hoods etc

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 12:24pm On Sep 30, 2015
Plumbing materials coming in......... all workers busy as am still in Onitsha buying cables for electrical wiring, borehole work loading, plumbing and A/C conduit works ongoing. Speed is good but I will still increase the pace.

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by ifyalways(f): 2:24pm On Sep 30, 2015
Oga Spyder, generally, are building materials less expensive in Onitsha as opposed to Owerri seeing as you mentioned going to Onitsha to buy stuff.
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by Graceovereffort(f): 3:58pm On Sep 30, 2015
Seriously following oga spyder,also need d the transformation
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 4:17pm On Sep 30, 2015
ifyalways:
Oga Spyder, generally, are building materials less expensive in Onitsha as opposed to Owerri seeing as you mentioned going to Onitsha to buy stuff.

Yes they are cheaper in Onitsha, but not by a huge margin except you are buying from a direct importer.
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 10:18pm On Sep 30, 2015
We are going for Cutix cables here, 100% Nigerian made, superior quality.

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 11:39pm On Sep 30, 2015
Loading to the car, then back to site

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 11:54pm On Sep 30, 2015
Removing and cutting up all the palm trees, so we can start the fencing.........

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 12:02am On Oct 01, 2015
As we complete the scaffolds, lets remove the PVC that was used on the outer ceiling....... we plan to replace this with aluminium.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) / Many Pupils Still Trapped In Lagos School Building Collapse (photos, Video) / Kitchen cabinets installation, inception to completion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.