Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,497 members, 7,770,235 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:55 AM

Is Bible The Word Of God? The Bible And Paedophilia. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Bible The Word Of God? The Bible And Paedophilia. (3678 Views)

Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. / Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? / Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Bible The Word Of God? The Bible And Paedophilia. by mubarakopeyemi(m): 7:45pm On Sep 29, 2015
Scholar8200:
mubarak sure is in a hurry to refute what he apparently does not (or would not take time to) understand!
Show me ONE proof of a slave used as a sex object by the Israelites in the Bible.
Lest I forget, GOD is kind and Loving but is a God of Justice! Gentile nations spurn warnings and gets judged by others who takes some alive as slaves; Israel does the same things and gets conquered and some of hers are retained as slaves!

I asked some questions initially which you overlooked; now prove the highlighted from the Scriptures (dont be anachronistic in trying to say it happens today; question is did it happen then among them? If yes, then give me ONE example from the Bible)!

Were they actually slaves?

we do not need any direct proof in the bible to establish that they were actually sex slaves. This is Human reasoning. The manner at which the events occurred would speak for the deed. What will make us think that those that killed non-virgins and innocent people in a violent manner did not have the so called SLAVE Virgin girls as SEX slaves and that they were just using them as normal SLAVES. either of the two is still not right.

Moses gave the tribute to Eleazar the priest as the LORD's part, as the LORD commanded Moses.
Numbers 31:41

Sharing of virgin girls as slaves. More like slave sharing. cry

The Priests were set apart and had a sacred responsibility but they also had families too!

Before you scream 'sex slaves' again understand that Eleazar was the high priest at this time.Assignment - Study the commandments meant for the high priests and understand that to use any of those girls as a sex slave was to risk courting swift judgement! Eli (an high priest) had sons who committed fornication and the result on him and those sons were terrible read in 1 Samuel 2,3,4.

This still doesn't prove that they weren't sex slaves, afterall not all things would be made public. Some things would be kept secret. This is quite logical. or I'm wrong here undecided

Moses gave the tribute to Eleazar the priest as the LORD's part, as the LORD commanded Moses.
Numbers 31:41

commanding sharing of virgin girls as slaves as if they were a kind of Bread or investment What a God that is.

Rather it is 1/500 x (32000/2)=32 meaning 32 was to go to Eleazar!
As regards 1/500 see Numbers 31:28; as regards (32000/2) see Numbers 31:27,40

1/50 or 1/500 which should we pick? and where is 1/500 coming from? the verse clearly said 1 of every 50. not 1 of every 500 even if I were to think acutely, we would choose 1/50 because it comes directly from the verse.

GOD loves everyone but He also is a God of Judgement! Israel suffered similar fate too when their actions demanded it!

Good. God of Judgment. Through Violence and slavery of innocent ones including virgin girls ??. killing of Non virgin women also. Revise your definition of Love.
Thanks for actually saying he is a God of Judgment.

1 Like

Re: Is Bible The Word Of God? The Bible And Paedophilia. by Scholar8200(m): 8:32pm On Sep 29, 2015
mubarakopeyemi:

Were they actually slaves?
we do not need any direct proof in the bible to establish that they were actually sex slaves. This is Human reasoning. The manner at which the events occurred would speak for the deed. What will make us think that those that killed non-virgins and innocent people in a violent manner did not have the so called SLAVE Virgin girls as SEX slaves and that they were just using them as normal SLAVES. either of the two is still not right.
Give us proof to the contrary! Wait a minute, you quoted copiously from the Bible in the op, why the sudden digression?! Establish your claims from the Bible! And give examples of people who actually had pre-teen (remember your topic-paedophilia) as wives or sex-slaves else you distract your own thread.

This still doesn't prove that they weren't sex slaves, afterall not all things would be made public. Some things would be kept secret. This is quite logical. or I'm wrong here undecided
Not when the law is there for all to see besides those like Solomon who had concubines were exposed, David and his adulterous act was exposed in details. Meaning, you are wrong. But if you have proof from scripture, do supply them! Show ONE person that had a sex slave and was egged on by the Law/a true prophet nay just show one sex-slave owner!

commanding sharing of virgin girls as slaves as if they were a kind of Bread or investment What a God that is.
Open a thread on slavery bro. Besides, the OT was an eye for an eye therefore, Israel was also shared too when she backslid and failed to hid warnings. What a God? A God of Justice!

1/50 or 1/500 which should we pick? and where is 1/500 coming from?
From the soldiers who fought in the battle, set apart as tribute for the LORD [size=13pt]one out of every five hundred[/size], whether people, cattle, donkeys or sheep
Numbers 31:28

the verse clearly said 1 of every 50. not 1 of every 500 even if I were to think acutely, we would choose 1/50 because it comes directly from the verse.
From the Israelites' half, select one out of every fifty, whether people, cattle, donkeys, sheep or other animals. Give them to the Levites, who are responsible for the care of the LORD's tabernacle."
Numbers 31:30
Quite different from the 1 out of 500 meant for the Lord's tribute and handed to Eleazar.

Good. God of Judgment. Through Violence and slavery of innocent ones including virgin girls ??. killing of Non virgin women also. Revise your definition of Love.
Thanks for actually saying he is a God of Judgment.
Good you have learnt something new today smiley! Who were the Midianites and who were the Israelites? Daniel was a godly young man but he was carried away captive when his nation was conquered. In fact he became a eunuch(was castrated)!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Bible The Word Of God? The Bible And Paedophilia. by malvisguy212: 10:43pm On Sep 29, 2015
Scholar8200:
Give us proof to the contrary! Wait a minute, you quoted copiously from the Bible in the op, why the sudden digression?! Establish your claims from the Bible! And give examples of people who actually had pre-teen (remember your topic-paedophilia) as wives or sex-slaves else you distract your own thread.

Not when the law is there for all to see besides those like Solomon who had concubines were exposed, David and his adulterous act was exposed in details. Meaning, you are wrong. But if you have proof from scripture, do supply them! Show ONE person that had a sex slave and was egged on by the Law/a true prophet nay just show one sex-slave owner!

Open a thread on slavery bro. Besides, the OT was an eye for an eye therefore, Israel was also shared too when she backslid and failed to hid warnings. What a God? A God of Justice!

From the soldiers who fought in the battle, set apart as tribute for the LORD [size=13pt]one out of every five hundred[/size], whether people, cattle, donkeys or sheep
Numbers 31:28

From the Israelites' half, select one out of every fifty, whether people, cattle, donkeys, sheep or other animals. Give them to the Levites, who are responsible for the care of the LORD's tabernacle."
Numbers 31:30
Quite different from the 1 out of 500 meant for the Lord's tribute and handed to Eleazar.

Good you have learnt something new today smiley! Who were the Midianites and who were the Israelites? Daniel was a godly young man but he was carried away captive when his nation was conquered. In fact he became a eunuch(was castrated)!
excellent bro. Thread close.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Bible The Word Of God? The Bible And Paedophilia. by dolphinheart(m): 4:48pm On Oct 02, 2015
mubarakopeyemi:

Come again pls grin I hope you realized you just said Allah.

Please make your points. Thnks. How Family smiley

Yep, I know I mentioned allah, some claim that he is the one that gave the book in which those commands are recorded. And also that that book has been currupted by humans.

But I believe it was jehovah that gave those commands, and he is the almighty God not allah. Only after these issue is cleared can it be easy to go into details of the command
Re: Is Bible The Word Of God? The Bible And Paedophilia. by dolphinheart(m): 4:53pm On Oct 02, 2015
Rilwon:

So you now believe Allah is God of the bible or what?

I believe you saw where I said "some people" and the other part of the post you removed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Banom v Deep Sight on the Existence of God / Deeper Life Bible Church Among Other Churches? / Next Level Breakthroughs.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.