Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,700 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:17 PM

I'm So Frustrated, Please, I Need Advice From You All. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I'm So Frustrated, Please, I Need Advice From You All. (2569 Views)

You're Unemployed, Broke And Frustrated. What Do You Do?... / Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? / Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm So Frustrated, Please, I Need Advice From You All. by kvolander: 11:07pm On Apr 18, 2009
Hello guys, Please, I have the best of academic qualifications but no job. I finished my undergraduate programme 4 years ago, did my NYSC and proceeded straight abroad for my MSc which I've concluded.I applied for the extension (post study) which is usuually given to every student but was denied. I had to leave the country few days before my visa expired. I came back last year december and SINCE THEN, I'VE NOT EVEN BEEN INVITED FOR ANY APTITUDE TEST TALKLESS OF AN INTERVIEW eventhough I dropped my CV and certificates in very many companies here in Nigeria. I applied for the post study work visa again here in Nigeria but was denied again eventhough all d requirements were intact. Right now, I'm so tired of staying at home because the only thing I do is just study GMAT and go thru my coursenotes to keep my dreams alive in case anything eventually comes up.Although,I get discouraged by the fact that I'm not being productive and sometimes feel 'abandoned' which is what brings about the frustration and somewhat depression, I've even been looking for volunteer work but have found none.AT THIS JUNCTURE, I'LL LIKE TO REQUEST FROM ANY1 WHO KNOWS WHERE I CAN GET ONE. I don't have any Godfather or know any big man but I believe all the companies I sent my CVs and certificates to would have seen them but are not calling.

For those who care about what I studied, I have BEng in chemical(2:1) and MSc in petroleum.

Your candid advice will be greatly appreciated and your help for assistance too.

Thanks all.
Re: I'm So Frustrated, Please, I Need Advice From You All. by wham(m): 11:16pm On Apr 18, 2009
sounds like my brother Gordonz.

Is it U?
Re: I'm So Frustrated, Please, I Need Advice From You All. by kvolander: 11:32pm On Apr 18, 2009
Negative,
so can i get to know ur brother possibly we may know each other,
u can email me.
Re: I'm So Frustrated, Please, I Need Advice From You All. by wham(m): 12:11am On Apr 19, 2009
whats ur mail address?
Re: I'm So Frustrated, Please, I Need Advice From You All. by onaives(m): 12:34am On Apr 19, 2009
you don't need a godfather, you need God.

Re: I'm So Frustrated, Please, I Need Advice From You All. by kellyhand1: 8:08pm On Apr 19, 2009
It is well.
Re: I'm So Frustrated, Please, I Need Advice From You All. by kvolander: 9:33pm On Apr 19, 2009
thanx wham

my email ad. is:
kingvolander@yahoo.com

cheers.
Re: I'm So Frustrated, Please, I Need Advice From You All. by 2Angels1: 9:48pm On Apr 19, 2009
it is alright dude cheer up ok. smiley
Re: I'm So Frustrated, Please, I Need Advice From You All. by 2Angels1: 9:53pm On Apr 19, 2009
send a reply at least.plsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.
Re: I'm So Frustrated, Please, I Need Advice From You All. by kvolander: 10:00pm On Apr 19, 2009
@2 Angels

Thanks.
Re: I'm So Frustrated, Please, I Need Advice From You All. by Cure: 2:49pm On Apr 21, 2009
Jesus only can turn your situation around. therefore,come to HIM, your problem will be solved.
Re: I'm So Frustrated, Please, I Need Advice From You All. by baby4u2(f): 1:45am On Apr 23, 2009
What you studied really goes in line with jobs that can be located in the east. Maybe PH or those warrie areas. Talk as much to people, let them know you are in need. It helped me and am very such it will help you. If you can pray too. But make sure you get the word out as much as possible, you dont know who will possibly be listening. I know you might have to have connection but your real connection now is God. Goodluck, I pray very soon you will get a job far beyound your imagination.
Re: I'm So Frustrated, Please, I Need Advice From You All. by soulamanne(m): 12:02pm On Apr 23, 2009
bro i feel ur pains and i say ease up.u ve got great qualif.maybe work exp is what is just left and all these employers dont want a starter.only God knows where they want sum1 to gather it if no1 wants to take a stater.

pple with lower qualif are gettin jobs and am very sure u wil soon.like the prev poster said,get d words out and spread it out.u dont know who is listening.all da best.even if a bank job comes ur way take it first.dont stick to oil and gas alone.i bliv once u get ur first job,u will meet pple and they will help.EASE UP!
Re: I'm So Frustrated, Please, I Need Advice From You All. by Nobody: 11:19am On Apr 27, 2009
have you thought of committing suicide?
for Pete's sake, you have fantabulos degrees
how well do you network? am sure you don;t, cos if you do, you wont be sitting ur ass at home.
look, get up and get a job, it doesn't have to be one that will pay millions, do something, impact a life, join an NGO, voluntarily to teach secondary schools or something and stop dwindling in self pity, i really do feel like givin you a knock on your head so you'll think about all the opportunities looking at you
Re: I'm So Frustrated, Please, I Need Advice From You All. by Greycells(m): 11:35am On Apr 27, 2009
Your job will come, surely it will.

Remained focus on your dream of getting a good job. Do not let fear distract you. Fear destroys the inner calm.

Guy, u also do not need a G-father to get a good job. I know of a bloke dt studied Chemical Engineering at Ife; it took him 3 years before he could land a job in the oil sector.

He did eventually without the benefit of a foreign Msc. Petroleum which u have to your name.

Be of good cheer and great faith! Your harvest is here.
Re: I'm So Frustrated, Please, I Need Advice From You All. by DMD(m): 2:37pm On Apr 30, 2009
Do not give up dear. You will surely be visited some day soon by the Almighty. I was in a similar situation some years back. I hold a first degree in petroleum engineering (Nigeria) and taught in a secondary school for 6 good years before I could get another job. Even though what I doing now may not be the best of jobs, but atleast, I am making a career in my chosen field and hope to get to the pinnacle someday day.

Having said all of that, I wish to urge you to please keep searching and remain prayerful as well.

Good luck!
Re: I'm So Frustrated, Please, I Need Advice From You All. by Gettolove(m): 4:54pm On Apr 30, 2009
you dont have any problem at all. I will advice you to keep trying untill the door opens. PLS do not stop looking at your GMAT and also update yourself.
This is not different from what we hear every day from our family and friends, only the strong survive.

ALL D BST
Re: I'm So Frustrated, Please, I Need Advice From You All. by dasa: 11:16pm On Apr 30, 2009
@poster: start a business. start one based on something you love, your hubby.

i started a business immediately after university. i made a fair amount monthly , but the important thing is the experience and contacts. something small that is easy to start and will keep your mind busy in a creative way while u search for a job.

i decided to get a job and go corporate for a while to learn and boost my profile. i now realize its business i should be doing fully. so i am planning for my exit.

start something in the meantime. u might just realize u r an employer not an employee.
Re: I'm So Frustrated, Please, I Need Advice From You All. by piercing: 11:39pm On Apr 30, 2009
il like to know the reasons that your work permit was rejected the second time as Im about to reapply from Nigeria.
Re: I'm So Frustrated, Please, I Need Advice From You All. by GoldCircle: 10:25pm On May 05, 2009
I feel ur pain poster and the global financial crisis isn't helping issues as many companies are cutting costs and downsizing! Jut keep doing what you are doing and pray hard! You may also have to spread your tentacles to other industries e.g, consulting, banking and jst any thing to get started and give you a "good pay"!

Sincerely wish you the best!
Re: I'm So Frustrated, Please, I Need Advice From You All. by satin83: 10:57am On May 14, 2009
Dont be so frustrated. If u only know what some of ur employed counterparts go through, u'd probably be thanking God. I thing that God has put something unique on ur inside-a skill or a talent. You should spend time finding it and then putting it to good use. And see how fast you become the envy of your peers
Re: I'm So Frustrated, Please, I Need Advice From You All. by Meldrick(m): 11:47am On May 14, 2009
madambini:

have you thought of committing suicide?
for Pete's sake, you have fantabulos degrees
how well do you network? am sure you don;t, cos if you do, you wont be sitting ur ass at home.
look, get up and get a job, it doesn't have to be one that will pay millions, do something, impact a life, join an NGO, voluntarily to teach secondary schools or something and stop dwindling in self pity, i really do feel like givin you a knock on your head so you'll think about all the opportunities looking at you

You're speaking jargons. Help him to get an NGO. That u are fortunate to get ur ass out of bed to a place of work doesn't mean others are lazy. His grades alone can speak for him. You deserve a knock and slap.

1 Like

Re: I'm So Frustrated, Please, I Need Advice From You All. by babygurl19(f): 7:48pm On May 15, 2009
to me i think its a spiritual issue, go to mfm and pray frequently if u are a xtian, u should be hot cake a not cold bread.sorry though but i know God will open doors if only u pray hard and study the word instead of reading the gmat
Re: I'm So Frustrated, Please, I Need Advice From You All. by kvolander: 10:24pm On Aug 03, 2012
I WILL LIKE TO APPRECIATE EVERYONE THAT ADVISED ME HERE IN THIS THREAD DURING MY TRYING TIMES.

TEARS ALMOST ROLLED DOWN MY EYES AS I WENT THROUGH THIS THREAD BECAUSE EVERY SINGLE ADVISE I GOT FROM YOU GUYS WAS IMPLEMENTED ESPECIALLY THE VERY LAST ONE BY BABYGURL19. IT WAS AT MFM THAT GOD CHANGED MY STORY LAST YEAR (2011) OCTOBER.BETWEEN OCT 2011 AND APRIL 2012, I HAVE WORKED IN THREE DIFFERENT COMPANIES (A MULTINATIONAL AUDIT FIRM(ONE OF THE BIG 4), AN ENERGY TRAINING COMPANY, AND THE BIGGEST OF THE 3 WHERE I AM CURRENTLY, A SPECIAL AND ENVIABLE POSITION IN A VERY BIG OIL AND GAS COMPANY AS A CHEMICAL ENGINEER).

I WISH TO ENCOURAGE THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE STILL BELIEVING GOD TO KEEP TRUSTING HIM.
DON'T GIVE UP, YOUR MIRACLE IS ON THE WAY.

LOVE YOU.

5 Likes

Re: I'm So Frustrated, Please, I Need Advice From You All. by KiksAsso: 4:59am On Aug 04, 2012
May God continue to enlarge your coast.
Re: I'm So Frustrated, Please, I Need Advice From You All. by AjanleKoko: 10:25am On Aug 04, 2012
kvolander: I WILL LIKE TO APPRECIATE EVERYONE THAT ADVISED ME HERE IN THIS THREAD DURING MY TRYING TIMES.

TEARS ALMOST ROLLED DOWN MY EYES AS I WENT THROUGH THIS THREAD BECAUSE EVERY SINGLE ADVISE I GOT FROM YOU GUYS WAS IMPLEMENTED ESPECIALLY THE VERY LAST ONE BY BABYGURL19. IT WAS AT MFM THAT GOD CHANGED MY STORY LAST YEAR (2011) OCTOBER.BETWEEN OCT 2011 AND APRIL 2012, I HAVE WORKED IN THREE DIFFERENT COMPANIES (A MULTINATIONAL AUDIT FIRM(ONE OF THE BIG 4), AN ENERGY TRAINING COMPANY, AND THE BIGGEST OF THE 3 WHERE I AM CURRENTLY, A SPECIAL AND ENVIABLE POSITION IN A VERY BIG OIL AND GAS COMPANY AS A CHEMICAL ENGINEER).

I WISH TO ENCOURAGE THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE STILL BELIEVING GOD TO KEEP TRUSTING HIM.

LOVE YOU.

Congrats man.
That's the spirit. Never give up, and trust God to bring your ship home.
Re: I'm So Frustrated, Please, I Need Advice From You All. by pendusky(m): 10:50am On Aug 04, 2012
kvolander: I WILL LIKE TO APPRECIATE EVERYONE THAT ADVISED ME HERE IN THIS THREAD DURING MY TRYING TIMES.

LOVE YOU.

Thats great! U still find ur post! God is Able!
Re: I'm So Frustrated, Please, I Need Advice From You All. by yemmyma: 11:40am On Aug 04, 2012
Congrats to you! Its tough out there.

I am starting to believe luck, God's grace is more important in finding a job these days.

Imagine PhD holders with no job in this global economy?
Re: I'm So Frustrated, Please, I Need Advice From You All. by ecolime(m): 12:39pm On Aug 04, 2012
Waohhhh..... This is touching and inspiring. So happy for you bro. Congrats!!!
Re: I'm So Frustrated, Please, I Need Advice From You All. by violent(m): 12:52pm On Aug 04, 2012

LOVE YOU.

This is very inspiring. Goodluck man!
Re: I'm So Frustrated, Please, I Need Advice From You All. by nitrogen(m): 10:00am On Aug 05, 2012

LOVE YOU.
Whaoh! Like in the movies.
Nice one. Continue to enjoy God's blessings.

(1) (Reply)

Skye Bank Unjustified Mass Sack Today - Bankruptcy! / Urgent: What Is The Prospect Of GIS In Nigeria / Being A Chartered Auditor vs Being A Chartered Accountant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.