Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,799 members, 7,798,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

Nigeria In Trouble: 76% Of Senators Are Willing To Take Sides With An Accused - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria In Trouble: 76% Of Senators Are Willing To Take Sides With An Accused (1325 Views)

MAGU FIGHTS BACK: Intensifies Probe Of Senators, Ex-govs / List Of Senators That Mandated Customs Boss, Hammed Ali To Reappear In Uniform / 51% Of Senators Are Bench Warmers: Businessday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria In Trouble: 76% Of Senators Are Willing To Take Sides With An Accused by urnaijadotcom: 9:25am On Sep 30, 2015
It is no longer news that the group of Senators whose names appear below, constituting a staggering 76.1% of the Senate, think it is okay for someone who held and still holds a public office to be on trial for illegally acquiring the following assets:

BUKOLA SARAKI’S ASSETS

Plot 212 Musa Yar'Adua Street, Victoria Island,
N700 million.

Others are: a plot of land on Lekki Phase (block
72), N7 million;
Ibafo near Ajah, N5 million;
Buildings on number 42 Gerrard Road, Ikoyi,
N750 million;
19 Roxton Road, Ikoyi, N500 million;
62 Awolowo Road, Ikoyi, N100 million;
15A & B MacDonald, Ikoyi, N160 million
6 Vulga Street, Maitama, Abuja, N60 million.

HIS PROPERTIES ABROAD:

123A, Ashley Gardens, Thirleby Road, London,
valued at $750,000. (N120 Million Naira)
56 Cheyne Court, SW 3, London, $900,000; (N144
Million Naira)
54 Ashley Gardens, Ambrasden Avenue, London,
$2.5 million; (N400 Million Naira)
141 Ashley Gardens, Thirleby Road, London,
$600,000; (N96 Million Naira)
Nell Gwynn House, Sleave Avenue, London,
$400,000; (N64 Million Naira)
Ormond House, Ormond Street, S/London,
$400,000; (N64 Million Naira)
53 Ashley Gardens, Ambrasden Avenue, London,
$2.5 million, (N400 Million Naira)
70 Bourne Street, S/W London, valued at $4.8
million. (N768 Million Naira)

HIS MOVABLE ASSETS:

Mercedes S320, N16 million;
Mercedes S500, N20 million;
Mercedes G500, N18 million;
Mercedes V220, N6 million
Mercedes 300E, N2 million.
Mercedes ML 240, N8.5 million;
Mercedes CLK 320, N9 million;
Mercedes E320, N11 million;
Mercedes G500 bullet-proof, N45 million
Mercedes S500 bullet-proof, N30 million.
Ferrari 456 GT N25 million;
Navigator, N15 million;
Peugeot 406, N2 million,
Lexus Jeep bullet-proof, N30 million
Lincoln Navigator bullet-proof, N25 million.

HIS CASH DEPOSITS IN DIFFERENT BANK
ACCOUNTS

NIGERIA:
Societe Generale; N11 million
Ecobank, Broad Street, Lagos, N350, 000;
Citizens Bank, Broad Street, Lagos, N390, 000;
Citizens Bank, Broad Street, Lagos, N600,000;
Ecobank Nigeria plc, Broad Street, N10.3 million,
Guaranty Trust Bank, Adeyemo Alakija Street,
Lagos, N2.9 million.
Societe Generale Bank, Oke Arin Street, Lagos,
N23 million

FOREIGN BANK ACCOUNTS:
Coutts & C, 440 Strand, London, £905,000;
(N235.3 Million Naira)
Northern Trust International Banking Corporation,
Merrillynch Piece Fender, $400,000 (N64
Million Naira)
Fortis Bank, Camoile Street, London, £2 million.
(N520 Million Naira)

HIS FOUR CHILDREN:

His four children Tosin, Seni, Teniola and
Teniayo, are worth N741.89 million in cash,

HIS WIFE:

Toyin Saraki, had a net asset of N1.49 billion as
at 29 May 2003.

Here is a list of the Senators:

1. Sen. David Umaru
2. Sen. Mohammed A. Ndume
3. Sen. Godswill Akpabio
4. Sen. Biodun Olujimi
5. Sen. Malam A. Wakil
6. Sen. Isah Hamma Misau
7. Sen. Emmanuel I. Paulker
8. Sen. Ogola Foster
9. Sen. Gershom H. Bassey
10. Sen. James Manager
11. Sen. Babajide Omowarare (Backed out)
12. Sen. Ahmadu Abubakar M.
13. Sen. Joshua M. Lidani
14. Sen. Achonu A. Nneji
15. Sen. Shehu Sanni
16. Sen. Salihu H. Egye
17. Sen. Mao Ohuabunwa
18. Sen. Mohammed S. Ohiare
19. Sen. Philip Aruwa Gyunka
20. Sen. Abdullahi Adamu
21. Sen. Samuel N. Anyanwu
22. Sen. George T. Sekibo
23. Sen. Monsurat J.A. Sunmonu
24. Sen. Jeremiah T. Useni
25. Sen. Ogba Joseph Obinna
26. Sen. Aliyu S. Abdullahi
27. Sen. Sunny Ogbuoji
28. Sen. Gilbert Nnaji
29. Sen. Bala IBN Na’allah
30. Sen. Philip Tanimu Aduda
31. Sen. Duro Samuel Faseyi
32. Sen. Kabiru Gaya
33. Sen. Muhammad Aliero
34. Sen. Bukar A. Ibrahim, CON
35. Sen. Abubakar Kyari
36. Sen. Rose Okoji Oko
37. Sen. Osinachukwu I. Ideozu
38. Sen. Matthew A. Urhoghide
39. Sen. Fatimat O Raji-Rasaki
40. Sen. Tijani Yahaya Kaura
41. Sen. Sabo Mohammed
42. Sen. Danjuma Laáh
43. Sen. Mohammed S. Lafiagi
44. Sen. Dino Melaye
45. Sen. Abdulrahman Abubakar
46. Sen. Bassey A. Akpan
47. Sen. Olanrewaju A. Tejuoso
48. Sen. Buruji Kashamu
49. Sen. Enyinnaya Abaribe
50. Sen. Samuel O. Egwu
51. Sen. David A.B. Mark\
52. Sen. Aliyu M. Wamakko.
53. Sen. Marafa Bachir Abba
54. Sen. Mohammed Hassan
55. Sen. Utazi G. Chukwuka
56. Sen. Francis Alimikhena
57. Sen. Emmanuel Bwacha
58. Sen. Joshua Chibi Dariye
59. Sen. Uche L. Ekwunife
60. Sen. Murray-Bruce Ben
61. Sen. Binta Masi Garba
62. Sen. Jang Jonah David
63. Sen. Ighoyota Amori
64. Sen. Ibrahim A. Gobir
65. Sen. Mohammed Goje, CON
66. Sen. Ahmed Rufa’i Sani
67. Sen. Ibrahim Abdullahi
68. Sen. Muhammad U. Shitu
69. Sen. Andy E. Ubah
70. Sen. Nelson A. Effiong
71. Sen. Rafiu Adedayo Ibrahim
72. Sen. Abdul A.M. Nyako
73. Sen. Theodore A. Orji
74. Sen. Olaka Johnson Nwogu
75. Sen. Abubakar S. Danladi
76. Sen. Yele Omogunwa
77. Sen. Stella Adaeze Oduah
78. Sen. Hope O. Uzodinma
79. Sen. John Owah Enoh
80. Sen. Peter Nwaboshi
81. Sen. Clifford A. Ordia
82. Sen. Donald Alasoadura
83. Sen. Mustapha Sani
84. Sen. Gbolahan Dada

[b]Without being specific, a casual glance at the list will reveal the usual suspects: the individuals who have been cursed with stealing public funds and wives and children of individuals who have stolen public funds in the past.

These people are the reason why crime rate in Nigeria is so high. When the leaders have no moral justification to fight crime because they themselves are the biggest criminals in the country crime rate becomes uncontrollable.

According to this group of shameless senators, it is okay for the number 3 citizen of the country to be charged with offences relating to dishonesty, threatened with arrest and made to sit in a dock like a common criminal.

These are men and women who have absolutely no respect for themselves, the country they represent and the people of Nigeria.

Most of them consider it a birthright to be where they are. They have become impervious to corruption because to them acquiring unimaginable wealth while in public office to the detriment of the ordinary citizens is not only perfectly normal but should be encouraged and cheered.

In a country governed by sane individuals, a Senate president facing a Code of Conduct Tribunal trial would voluntarily step down from office and if he refuses to step down his colleagues will remove him. Not in Nigeria where 83 Senators are proud to announce their association with
[/b]

1 Share

Re: Nigeria In Trouble: 76% Of Senators Are Willing To Take Sides With An Accused by adedayourt(m): 9:25am On Sep 30, 2015
I WOULD RATHER BE SURPRISED IF DEY DONT TAKE SIDE.

we accustomed to dis so lets move on.
Re: Nigeria In Trouble: 76% Of Senators Are Willing To Take Sides With An Accused by sammyj: 9:29am On Sep 30, 2015
The thieves will go down with their master when the chips are down !!! angry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In Trouble: 76% Of Senators Are Willing To Take Sides With An Accused by lekan29ice(m): 9:30am On Sep 30, 2015
They are birds of the same feathers
Re: Nigeria In Trouble: 76% Of Senators Are Willing To Take Sides With An Accused by lekan29ice(m): 9:33am On Sep 30, 2015
They are birds of the same feather flock together
Re: Nigeria In Trouble: 76% Of Senators Are Willing To Take Sides With An Accused by vivalavida(m): 9:36am On Sep 30, 2015
How sanctimonious is the person who wrote this article? Can the people who know you vouch for you that you are as sanctimonious and incorruptible as you are sounding to be?
I am not holding brief for saraki or anyone but it is clear that saraki wants to be made a scape-goat and those senators lining up behind him know this truth. The CCB or CCT had all the time in the world to prosecute saraki since 2003. It waited and now reared its head now. This is a case of the witch cried in the night,the baby died in the morning. But the baby in this case is fighting hard to stay alive.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria In Trouble: 76% Of Senators Are Willing To Take Sides With An Accused by Eastlink(m): 9:42am On Sep 30, 2015
The Senators are hero's of democracy and should be given a pat at the back. They said no to tyranny and political witchunt. The independence of the Legislature must be uphold at all cost.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria In Trouble: 76% Of Senators Are Willing To Take Sides With An Accused by tomakint: 9:51am On Sep 30, 2015
@ Op, worry not yourself, the statement made by The President, Muhammdu Buhari, to SaharaTV this morning is enough testament that Saraki and his gangs are only trying hard to market a bad product. Remember, 69 Senators endorsed Okadigbo only for him to be kicked out 2 days later. Saraki is the proverbial stubborn fly that follows the corpse to the grave. Mark my words, Saraki shall ceased to be Senate President by Oct. 23rd!
Re: Nigeria In Trouble: 76% Of Senators Are Willing To Take Sides With An Accused by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 30, 2015
I think the headline should be changed to Tinubu in trouble.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria In Trouble: 76% Of Senators Are Willing To Take Sides With An Accused by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 30, 2015
tomakint:
@ Op, worry not yourself, the statement made by The President, Muhammdu Buhari, to SaharaTV this morning is enough testament that Saraki and his gangs are only trying hard to market a bad product. Remember, 69 Senators endorsed Okadigbo only for him to be kicked out 2 days later. Saraki is the proverbial stubborn fly that follows the corpse to the grave. Mark my words, Saraki shall ceased to be Senate President by Oct. 23rd!

I hope you wont deactivate your moniker if come October 24 and Saraki remains the SP?
Re: Nigeria In Trouble: 76% Of Senators Are Willing To Take Sides With An Accused by tomakint: 9:56am On Sep 30, 2015
Eastlink:
The Senators are hero's of democracy and should be given a pat at the back. They said no to tyranny and political witchunt. The independence of the Legislature must be uphold at all cost.
.....do you know how to read and learn at all? What is tyrannical and political witch-hunting in the Saraki's case so far? Has he come out to defend his innocence on those weighty allegations? No! Watch as he will be removed like a bloody criminal.....
Re: Nigeria In Trouble: 76% Of Senators Are Willing To Take Sides With An Accused by tomakint: 9:59am On Sep 30, 2015
chukwudi44:

I hope you wont deactivate your moniker if come October 24 and Saraki remains the SP?
Provided there is no adjournment.....perhaps the more reason the trial was slated for Oct. 21st, 22nd and 23rd......a fight to finish thing. If truly he can prove the tribunal wrong with convincing testimonies and defense, there is no point deactivating my account. I am not a COWARD!
Re: Nigeria In Trouble: 76% Of Senators Are Willing To Take Sides With An Accused by merry02(m): 10:08am On Sep 30, 2015
Don't divide Nigeria pls. APC should face governance
Re: Nigeria In Trouble: 76% Of Senators Are Willing To Take Sides With An Accused by slimfit1(m): 10:44am On Sep 30, 2015
The senators are against the people.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In Trouble: 76% Of Senators Are Willing To Take Sides With An Accused by Babalegba(m): 11:17am On Sep 30, 2015
vivalavida:
How sanctimonious is the person who wrote this article? Can the people who know you vouch for you that you are as sanctimonious and incorruptible as you are sounding to be?
I am not holding brief for saraki or anyone but it is clear that saraki wants to be made a scape-goat and those senators lining up behind him know this truth. The CCB or CCT had all the time in the world to prosecute saraki since 2003. It waited and now reared its head now. This is a case of the witch cried in the night,the baby died in the morning. But the baby in this case is fighting hard to stay alive.
I weep for this nation of animals masquerading as humans. A nation without truth.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In Trouble: 76% Of Senators Are Willing To Take Sides With An Accused by vivalavida(m): 11:33am On Sep 30, 2015
Babalegba:
I weep for this nation of animals masquerading as humans. A nation without truth.

you remember your truth only when it suits your evil purpose. you all knew this truth and yet u handed him the ticket to contest. he gave u kwara n you all were happy. he went against your wish n became dp and all of a sudden you remember his sins of 2003.
abegi!!!
Re: Nigeria In Trouble: 76% Of Senators Are Willing To Take Sides With An Accused by Babalegba(m): 11:51am On Sep 30, 2015
vivalavida:

you remember your truth only when it suits your evil purpose. you all knew this truth and yet u handed him the ticket to contest. he gave u kwara n you all were happy. he went against your wish n became dp and all of a sudden you remember his sins of 2003.
abegi!!!
Nigeria is more important than one solitary squirreling corrupt egoistical man. The man goes in seventy years but Nigeria lives on.Why should a self inflated greedy insecure windbag harm the future of our children.
Re: Nigeria In Trouble: 76% Of Senators Are Willing To Take Sides With An Accused by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 30, 2015
tomakint:

Provided there is no adjournment.....perhaps the more reason the trial was slated for Oct. 21st, 22nd and 23rd......a fight to finish thing. If truly he can prove the tribunal wrong with convincing testimonies and defense, there is no point deactivating my account. I am not a COWARD!

Why on earth wont there be an adjournment!!only a fool would expect this trial to be concluded this year!!
Re: Nigeria In Trouble: 76% Of Senators Are Willing To Take Sides With An Accused by OZAOEKPE(f): 12:00pm On Sep 30, 2015
And who are the criminals supporting saint amaechi?
Re: Nigeria In Trouble: 76% Of Senators Are Willing To Take Sides With An Accused by tomakint: 12:52pm On Sep 30, 2015
chukwudi44:

Why on earth wont there be an adjournment!!only a fool would expect this trial to be concluded this year!!
I am afraid you are taking your jesting to another level, you can't even smell the coffee that Oct. 21, 22 & 23 are well outlined for a reason. I am ashamed of you fighting dirty for a dirty criminal like Saraki, it seems you are his alter ego...watch your back because the Saraki you are wasting your time defending had made many souls empty undecided
Re: Nigeria In Trouble: 76% Of Senators Are Willing To Take Sides With An Accused by urnaijadotcom: 5:16pm On Sep 30, 2015
vivalavida:

Chairman, it appears we are missing the point here. The point is not the motive behind the CCT actions. The fact is this, did he actually illegally acquire those properties? It is immaterial why he is being tried. Can he prove himself innocent?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Response To: Boko Haram And Jonathan: The Truth Unfolds - Thisday By Koboko69 / APC Divided In Akwa Ibom, See The Drama - Photo / Fashola Begins Enquiry Into Power Sector Shame

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.