Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,205 members, 7,807,690 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

Israel On Stand-by To Attack Iran! Recipe For 3rd World war? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Israel On Stand-by To Attack Iran! Recipe For 3rd World war? (3106 Views)

Israel`s Attack On Sudan Proves Israel Will Never Attack Iran / Us Wont Sent Army To Fight For Israel If She Attack Iran Uniliterally - Obama / How I Wish China Could Declare War On Any Country That Attack Iran (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Israel On Stand-by To Attack Iran! Recipe For 3rd World war? by ElRazur: 11:05am On Apr 19, 2009

The Israeli military is preparing itself to launch a massive aerial assault on Iran's nuclear facilities within days of being given the go-ahead by its new government.

Among the steps taken to ready Israeli forces for what would be a risky raid requiring pinpoint aerial strikes are the acquisition of three Airborne Warning and Control (AWAC) aircraft and regional missions to simulate the attack.

Two nationwide civil defence drills will help to prepare the public for the retaliation that Israel could face.

“Israel wants to know that if its forces were given the green light they could strike at Iran in a matter of days, even hours. They are making preparations on every level for this eventuality. The message to Iran is that the threat is not just words,” one senior defence official told The Times.

Full story here. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article6115903.ece

I do know what to make of this. It may also make an interesting read to check out the comments left on the news article.

Israelis forces are considered as one of the best in the world, however Iran aint no slouch either. If this happens, there is a possibility is may lead to wider problems as China and Russia will be dragged into all of these and will result in a collision path with the USA.

A recipe for potential 3rd world war?

Should Israel stand aside and allow Iran to carry out its nuclear objective [even though they claim it is for peace] bear, in mind that it was alleged that the president of Iran once stated that he wants Israel wiped out of the mapped or pushed into the sea.

The UN have showed over time and time again that it is a toothless bull and wont really do much about Iran, should this be left for Israel to carry out then even without the support of the US if needed?
Re: Israel On Stand-by To Attack Iran! Recipe For 3rd World war? by IFELEKE(m): 2:02pm On Apr 19, 2009
ElRazur:

Should Israel stand aside and allow Iran to carry out its nuclear objective [even though they claim it is for peace] bear, in mind that it was alleged that the president of Iran once stated that he wants Israel wiped out of the mapped or pushed into the sea.

The UN have showed over time and time again that it is a toothless bull and wont really do much about Iran, should this be left for Israel to carry out then even without the support of the US if needed?
Every Country has the right to defend her territorial Integrity and Israel is in Right In Place.
Iran is matching words for action and Isreal won't wait until the disastrous effects of nuclear missile is felt on the country before acting.
Re: Israel On Stand-by To Attack Iran! Recipe For 3rd World war? by ElRazur: 2:05pm On Apr 19, 2009
As much as I agree with you, allow me to play the Devil's Advocate here. What do you say to people who feel Iran have the right to pursue Science and technology too? Oh let's not forget that there are evidence suggesting that Israel do have illegal nukes as well. [Remember the Israeli engineer that exposed the Nuclear sites of Israel back in the 80s 0r 90s I think?]
Re: Israel On Stand-by To Attack Iran! Recipe For 3rd World war? by IFELEKE(m): 2:32pm On Apr 19, 2009
ElRazur:

As much as I agree with you, allow me to play the Devil's Advocate here. What do you say to people who feel Iran have the right to pursue Science and technology too? Oh let's not forget that there are evidence suggesting that Israel do have illegal nukes as well. [Remember the Israeli engineer that exposed the Nuclear sites of Israel back in the 80s 0r 90s I think?]
Every Country has the right to pursue science and technology but when that right is adversely posing a huge threat to the sovereignty of another then there is a huge problem.
You agreed in your earlier post that Iran is posing a huge threat to Isreal's existence so i'll ask you this,
Should Isreal Fold her hands and wait until Iran Makes Good This Threat?
Re: Israel On Stand-by To Attack Iran! Recipe For 3rd World war? by ElRazur: 2:41pm On Apr 19, 2009
IFELEKE:

Every Country has the right to pursue science and technology but when that right is adversely posing a huge threat to the sovereignty of another then there is a huge problem.
You agreed in your earlier post that Iran is posing a huge threat to Isreal's existence so i'll ask you this,
Should Isreal Fold her hands and wait until Iran Makes Good This Threat?

Well I agree with you. Israel have the right to exist without fear of a nuclear attack from another nation. But, we may need to look at the bigger picture here. Iran haven't attacked anyone apparently in over 300years [not counting the internal problem like the Islamic revolution], so what are the chances they will attack Israel?

For all we know Mahmoud Ahmadinejad may just be blowing hot air like North Korea's Jim Kim and may not do anything? After all, some will argue this is world politics and people will say and do anything to gain a certain reputation. While Israel shoundn't wait to find out, they need to exercise caution as this may lead to more and more aggression towards them and ultimately drives us all to a third world war.

Your question is a tricky one, I want world peace and I personally do not feel comfortable with the whole thing.
Re: Israel On Stand-by To Attack Iran! Recipe For 3rd World war? by IFELEKE(m): 3:03pm On Apr 19, 2009
ElRazur:

Well I agree with you. Israel have the right to exist without fear of a nuclear attack from another nation. But, we may need to look at the bigger picture here. Iran haven't attacked anyone apparently in over 300years [not counting the internal problem like the Islamic revolution], so what are the chances they will attack Israel?

And What are the chances too that Isreal will Attack First?

ElRazur:

For all we know Mahmoud Ahmadinejad may just be blowing hot air like North Korea's Jim Kim and may not do anything? After all, some will argue this is world politics and people will say and do anything to gain a certain reputation. While Israel shoundn't wait to find out, they need to exercise caution as this may lead to more and more aggression towards them and ultimately drives us all to a third world war.

All Isreali Wars with other countries have justified except this last Raid( though Justified but a bit senseless considering the collosal destructions.)
I can count on and on(Including the Entebbe Raid-My Personal Favorite) but my point here is that The Isreali Government won't Strike Without Justification knowing fully well that Their action or inaction can cause a 3rd World War.

ElRazur:

I want world peace and I personally do not feel comfortable with the whole thing.

I want World Peace Too and at the same time I want Isreal to continue Existing.
It's High Time the Arab World realises that an enemy they couldn't defeat for over 60 years should best be left at Peace.
Re: Israel On Stand-by To Attack Iran! Recipe For 3rd World war? by ElRazur: 3:34pm On Apr 19, 2009
IFELEKE:

And What are the chances too that Isreal will Attack First?

A weapons convoy was attacked in Sudan by air strikes out of no-where. This was during the recent Israelis-Palatines war. It was widely reported that Iran was arming Hezbollah, by taking advantage of the porous borders of sudan to get weapons to other sources where it reaches Egypt and then Palestine.

The strike was again widely reported to have been carried out by Israel. Also a report from their intelligence suggest that they are responsible for the strike. Now you are probably wondering what is these go to do with your question. Well according to what I read, the attack was more or less a practice by Israeli IDF pilots to see how well they will do in a long range strike.

Dont forget that Iran is a bit far from Israel. If the IDF can strike in Sudan without a single loss of life, it will be highly possibly that Israel will attack Iran. You just have to take into account how much they both detest each other.

IFELEKE:
All Isreali Wars with other countries have justified except this last Raid( though Justified but a bit senseless considering the collosal destructions.)
I can count on and on(Including the Entebbe Raid-My Personal Favorite) but my point here is that The Isreali Government won't Strike Without Justification knowing fully well that Their action or inaction can cause a 3rd World War.

I want World Peace Too and at the same time I want Isreal to continue Existing.
It's High Time the Arab World realises that an enemy they couldn't defeat for over 60 years should best be left at Peace.

That is the probelm. One can justify almost anything, whether it goes well with the rest of the world is another thing. Bush justified the invasion of Iraq on the pretence of WMD, yet none is yet to be found to date.
Oh the attack on Entebbe just showed how fearful I feel. And to me, it illustrate how clinical and precise the IDF are.

From what I can gather [based on my understanding and what I read] Iran do not consider themselves to be Arabs an d even if this goes out as an all out war, Saudi Arabia will probably support the American, as they cannot stand the Iranian current government too.

Yes I agree with you, Israel have a right to exist, and so is Iran's right to science and technology, perhaps the question is which one outweighs the other?
Re: Israel On Stand-by To Attack Iran! Recipe For 3rd World war? by Horus(m): 4:41pm On Apr 19, 2009
[flash=450,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f998iC6vtvY[/flash]

In this video:  President Shimon Peres had some unusually aggressive words for Iran Sunday, seemingly threatening military action if US President Barack Obama's overtures to the Islamic republic fail to bear fruit, Would Iran or even North Korea ever attack the US? Your answer would probably be, no. If not, why not? It is because these nations know the US would likely use nuclear weapons against them. Why then do we continue hearing the drama? .Some within Israeli leadership speaks of attacking Iran but they know that such an attack would be suicidal without the assistance of the US. Israeli president, Shimon Peres, articulated as much with his statement, "We certainly cannot go it alone, without the US, and we definitely can't go against the US. This would be unnecessary."
Re: Israel On Stand-by To Attack Iran! Recipe For 3rd World war? by IFELEKE(m): 4:46pm On Apr 19, 2009
ElRazur:

A weapons convoy was attacked in Sudan by air strikes out of no-where. This was during the recent Israelis-Palatines war. It was widely reported that Iran was arming Hezbollah, by taking advantage of the porous borders of sudan to get weapons to other sources where it reaches Egypt and then Palestine.

The strike was again widely reported to have been carried out by Israel. Also a report from their intelligence suggest that they are responsible for the strike. Now you are probably wondering what is these go to do with your question. Well according to what I read, the attack was more or less a practice by Israeli IDF pilots to see how well they will do in a long range strike.

Dont forget that Iran is a bit far from Israel. If the IDF can strike in Sudan without a single loss of life, it will be highly possibly that Israel will attack Iran. You just have to take into account how much they both detest each other.

All you said is right on point  and I agree with you that the subject matter is a very dicey one(just like sitting on a keg of gun powder)but we must hope and pray it doesn't spill out of control.
I still believe the Isreali Government will not unleash the Zion Army(IDF) unwisely on any country without first considering the short term and long term implications.
Iran and Isreal detest each other but they are wise enough to know the implications of initiating an attack.

ElRazur:

Yes I agree with you, Israel have a right to exist, and so is Iran's right to science and technology, perhaps the question is which one outweighs the other?
Uhmmm. . .
None!
Both rights can be fully exercised without interference.
Re: Israel On Stand-by To Attack Iran! Recipe For 3rd World war? by IFELEKE(m): 4:55pm On Apr 19, 2009
Horus:

President Shimon Peres had some unusually aggressive words for Iran Sunday, seemingly threatening military action if US President Barack Obama's overtures to the Islamic republic fail to bear fruit, Would Iran or even North Korea ever attack the US? Your answer would probably be, no. If not, why not? It is because these nations know the US would likely use nuclear weapons against them. Why then do we continue hearing the drama? .Some within Israeli leadership speaks of attacking Iran but they know that such an attack would be suicidal without the assistance of the US. Israeli president, Shimon Peres, articulated as much with his statement, "We certainly cannot go it alone, without the US, and we definitely can't go against the US. This would be unnecessary."
Exactly,
Isreali Government will not Unwisely Initiate an attack on Iran knowing fully well that the implication will be disastrous.
and Iran too will not attack Isreal because It knows fully well that the action will incur the wrath of major powers.
so @Poster,
Isreal will continue to be on stand by but will NEVER initiate a first attack Unwisely.
Re: Israel On Stand-by To Attack Iran! Recipe For 3rd World war? by ElRazur: 5:12pm On Apr 19, 2009
It may be worth knowing that Isreal attacked Syria late last year in an air-strike. It was aimed at what was supposedly a nuclear site. Israel did it with surprise, and no one expected it. I really cannot rule the possibility of IDF attacking iran out.
Re: Israel On Stand-by To Attack Iran! Recipe For 3rd World war? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Apr 19, 2009
This is sabre rattling . . . most likely wont happen . . . but at least now Iran knows that Israel means business. For all Obama's posturing, should intelligence show that Iran has advanced plans of producing nuclear weapons, you bet he will ok an Israeli strike.
Re: Israel On Stand-by To Attack Iran! Recipe For 3rd World war? by Lagosboy: 1:10pm On Apr 20, 2009
Israel must be joking to be thinking of attacking Iran a soveriegn state, and attacking its Nuclear installation which is legal in international law and even the IAEA deems it legal.

Iran aint no rag tag militia israel must remember and if the US supports this action all the US bases in the gulf are well as good as gone. No ship would pass through the Persian gulf and the economic factor shall be colossal.

Israel would also be ready to face the rag tag militia who humbled them in 2006 Hezbollah and be ready to fight on 3 fronts.

Iran is not Iraq of 1981 and Iranian influence in the region is ever growing. I bet Obama would neva give Isreal such foolish authority to go attack Iran.
Re: Israel On Stand-by To Attack Iran! Recipe For 3rd World war? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Apr 20, 2009
Lagosboy:

Israel must be joking to be thinking of attacking Iran a soveriegn state, and attacking its Nuclear installation which is legal in international law and even the IAEA deems it legal.

Iran aint no rag tag militia israel must remember and if the US supports this action all the US bases in the gulf are well as good as gone. No ship would pass through the Persian gulf and the economic factor shall be colossal.

Israel would also be ready to face the rag tag militia who humbled them in 2006 Hezbollah and be ready to fight on 3 fronts.

Iran is not Iraq of 1981 and Iranian influence in the region is ever growing. I bet Obama would neva give Isreal such foolish authority to go attack Iran.

you're just saber rattling as usual. Are you aware that Israel is also a sovereign state and thus it is expected that Iran should NOT make provocative statements such as planning to wipe it off the map? Imagine if the president of Congo threatened to wipe off Gabon from the face of the earth. Heck if the jews had made such a statement about Iran you would be protesting violently and calling on the UN to sanction Israel. Its nice that you remember stuff about sovereignity . . .

The IAEA does not deem the nuclear installations in Iran as "legal" . . . you violent hypocrites shld at least pay attention to the truth. The IAEA published a list of breaches of its safeguards agreement that Iran was in violation of and labeled described as a pattern of concealment as far back as 2004 and according to its report made this recommendation - On 18 September 2004, the Board of Governors adopted resolution GOV/2004/79, in which it requested Iran, inter alia, to “immediately suspend all enrichment-related activities, including the manufacture or import of centrifuge components, the assembly and testing of centrifuges and the production of feed material, including through tests or production at the UCF, under Agency verification.” The Board also called again on Iran “as a further confidence building measure, voluntarily to reconsider its decision to start construction of a research reactor moderated by heavy water.”

Iran however responded by ending its voluntary cooperation with the IAEA in 2006.

Israel is much smarter than the US, it would rather bomb tehran off the map than invade it. Should "ragtag" militias choose to attack it, they only have themselves to blame. I'm sure decietful hypocrites like you would only be too happy to return here to sob on behalf of "women and children".
Re: Israel On Stand-by To Attack Iran! Recipe For 3rd World war? by Lagosboy: 3:30pm On Apr 20, 2009
davidylan:

you're just[b] saber rattling as u[/b]sual. Are you aware that Israel is also a sovereign state and thus it is expected that Iran should NOT make provocative statements such as planning to wipe it off the map? Imagine if the president of Congo threatened to wipe off Gabon from the face of the earth. Heck if the jews had made such a statement about Iran you would be protesting violently and calling on the UN to sanction Israel. Its nice that you remember stuff about sovereignity . . .

The IAEA does not deem the nuclear installations in Iran as "legal" . . . you violent hypocrites shld at least pay attention to the truth. The IAEA published a list of breaches of its safeguards agreement that Iran was in violation of and labeled described as a pattern of concealment as far back as 2004 and according to its report made this recommendation - On 18 September 2004, the Board of Governors adopted resolution GOV/2004/79, in which it requested Iran, inter alia, to “immediately suspend all enrichment-related activities, including the manufacture or import of centrifuge components, the assembly and testing of centrifuges and the production of feed material, including through tests or production at the UCF, under Agency verification.” The Board also called again on Iran “as a further confidence building measure, voluntarily to reconsider its decision to start construction of a research reactor moderated by heavy water.”

Iran however responded by ending its voluntary cooperation with the IAEA in 2006.

Israel is much smarter than the US, it would rather bomb tehran off the map than invade it. Should "ragtag" militias choose to attack it, they only have themselves to blame. I'm sure decietful hypocrites like you would only be too happy to return here to sob on behalf of "women and children".

Moyin its high time u changed. what has my comments got to do with verbal attacks on my person, or calling us violent hypocrites and stuff. Making replies without thses kind of words will go a long way in adding substance to your arguements. We are both grown ups now and there is absolute no need for these kinda comments in these kind of debates my guy.

you support israel and i dont period so w can lay out our arguments in texts without personalising it please.
Re: Israel On Stand-by To Attack Iran! Recipe For 3rd World war? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Apr 20, 2009
lagosboy, sometimes it is needful to use harsh words to call you out on your deliberate lies and falsehood. Period.
It is not a matter of "supporting Israel" . . . it is about standing for truth, fairness and justice.
Re: Israel On Stand-by To Attack Iran! Recipe For 3rd World war? by Lagosboy: 4:08pm On Apr 20, 2009
Listen my guy here we go again . . . . . . deliberate lies and falsehoods

Iran's nuclear facilitiy is not illegal and the UN does not call it illegal.

Truth , fairness and justice . . . . . . this is laughable where is fairness in Israel having nuclear weapons and preventing a neighbour from having what it calls nuclear facility to generate power,

Where is justice in some countries having nuclear weapons and preventing others from having it.

Need is say more.

Please dont let me start to dig out the countless times u have lied on this forum please dont push me.

I have not lied anywhere in my comments above. The UN has not call irans facilities illegal i repeat it has called for cooperation and inspection.
Re: Israel On Stand-by To Attack Iran! Recipe For 3rd World war? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Apr 20, 2009
Lagosboy:

Listen my guy here we go again . . . . . . deliberate lies and falsehoods

Iran's nuclear facilitiy is not illegal and the UN does not call it illegal.

Did you EVEN READ my response to your false claims on the IAEA? If the IAEA considered Iran's nuclear facilities "legal" (since you claim they dont call it illegal) . . . why did they ask that Iran suspend all nuclear activities as far back as 2004 and why did Iran find it necessary to send the IAEA packing in 2006? You seem confused and hell bent on perpetuating falsehood.

Lagosboy:

Truth , fairness and justice . . . . . . this is laughable where is fairness in Israel having nuclear weapons and preventing a neighbour from having what it calls nuclear facility to generate power,

We both know the truth . . . the nuclear activities of Iran is not about nuclear power . . . why then did the IAEA ask them to suspend activities?
We both know the awful truth . . . Israel would NEVER use its nuclear weapons against sovereign nations that do not attack it. Iran WILL USE its own weapons . . . that is why no one wants them to have one.

Lagosboy:

Where is justice in some countries having nuclear weapons and preventing others from having it.

Because those nations spent time, money and resources BUILDING THEIR TECHNOLOGICAL BASE!
No one would prevent Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons if it wasnt already making open threats to aninhilate an innocent member of the UN.

Lagosboy:

Need is say more.

u really dont . . . it nauseates to have to read your half truths.

Lagosboy:

Please dont let me start to dig out the countless times u have lied on this forum please dont push me.

Pls do . . . dig them out and lets thrash them out pls . . . i'm begging. slowpoke.

Lagosboy:

I have not lied anywhere in my comments above. The UN has not call irans facilities illegal i repeat it has called for cooperation and inspection.

This is bogus, decietful double speak. If the UN hasnt called Iran's facilities "illegal" that means it considers them "legal" no? Well NO! The UN ordered Iran to stop nuclear enrichment . . . that shld say something.

slowpoke, when i argue cases like this i present FACTS . . . where are yours besides your sniveling?
Re: Israel On Stand-by To Attack Iran! Recipe For 3rd World war? by ElRazur: 4:53pm On Apr 20, 2009
I find it a bit odd that a nation that sits on one of the most abundant resources of crude oil in the world, needs nuclear energy.
Re: Israel On Stand-by To Attack Iran! Recipe For 3rd World war? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 20, 2009
ElRazur:

I find it a bit odd that a nation that sits on one of the most abundant resources of crude oil in the world, needs nuclear energy.

Beats me too.
What's even worse is that they are seeking "nuclear energy" from North Korea of all places . . . you'd have thought a sincere country would have asked for French help.
Re: Israel On Stand-by To Attack Iran! Recipe For 3rd World war? by ElRazur: 5:17pm On Apr 20, 2009
This matter will only escalate. I hate to say, but the only thing most us can do is "Pray for peace and prepare for war". I really have this hunch that Israel will act whether America give their support or not. Besides, America will be forced to do something as they will like to retain their influence in the middle east.

I just watched the walk out protest from the UN conference. This to me only strengthens the arguments that Iran current regime will **probably** use a nuclear weapon on Israel if the opportunity arises.
Re: Israel On Stand-by To Attack Iran! Recipe For 3rd World war? by Lagosboy: 5:30pm On Apr 20, 2009
I have asked myself not to involve in arguements where a party cannot put across a point without insults and name calling. I wish i could continue this with you but i dont think i qould like to go further.

Before i go though just to let you know the UN security council ordered not the UN. Even at that the order wasnt based on the fact that it was illegal rather it was based on non compliance with inspection.

Pleas no single commentator has ever said the nuclear program of iran is illegal.

here is El baradai's comment in december 2008
TEHRAN – IAEA Director General Mohamed ElBaradei in a telephone interview with Al Hayat newspaper has reaffirmed that Iran’s nuclear activities are “legal”.

“Iranians are working under a legal framework. They have permitted the international (atomic energy) agency to monitor their imported materials,” ElBaradei told the London-based newspaper published on Wednesday.

On the nuclear activities of Syria, the director stated, “The agency still awaits further explanations from Syria.”

“However, the International Atomic Energy Agency cannot deprive Syria from its right to become a member of the Nuclear Suppliers Group.” -

http://www.tehrantimes.com/index_View.asp?code=184534

You could say its from a tehran paper but a single google search would reveal this comment to you.

Nuclear weapon is what could be termed illegal according to the security council but a nuclear program is certainly not illegal according to international law.

Iran was asked to suspend its program because it did not comply with inspection dats all David.

Please understand that legal and illegal is not a subject of emotions or sentiments neither is it based on pre-emptive analysis rather it is based on facts of the present and not what they could do with it in future.
Re: Israel On Stand-by To Attack Iran! Recipe For 3rd World war? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Apr 20, 2009
Lagosboy, i took my quote directly from an IAEA report made in 2004 . . . you took yours from Tehrantimes . . . nuff said!

ElRazur:

This matter will only escalate. I hate to say, but the only thing most us can do is "Pray for peace and prepare for war". I really have this hunch that Israel will act whether America give their support or not. Besides, America will be forced to do something as they will like to retain their influence in the middle east.

I just watched the walk out protest from the UN conference. This to me only strengthens the arguments that Iran current regime will **probably** use a nuclear weapon on Israel if the opportunity arises.

Israel is doing just that. I believe Israel will strike Iran very soon during the regime of Netanyahu . . . the rest of the world better be prepared for a vicious Israel this time around.
Re: Israel On Stand-by To Attack Iran! Recipe For 3rd World war? by ElRazur: 6:03pm On Apr 20, 2009
This comment kinda sums it up from me. Taken from Times online UK.

No mention of the 1,400 year trail of blood left by Islam then?
Racism must be something that you criticize about others and then and ignore your own actions.

Mr G, Leeds , UK

Re: Israel On Stand-by To Attack Iran! Recipe For 3rd World war? by ElRazur: 6:06pm On Apr 20, 2009
davidylan:

Lagosboy, i took my quote directly from an IAEA report made in 2004 . . . you took yours from Tehrantimes . . . nuff said!

grin A very non-biased source!

davidylan:

Israel is doing just that. I believe Israel will strike Iran very soon during the regime of Netanyahu . . . the rest of the world better be prepared for a vicious Israel this time around.

If memory serves me right, he's been involve in some sort of wars in the past isnt? Besides, I think I remember the media reporting him as a hard liner and a no non-sense man.
Re: Israel On Stand-by To Attack Iran! Recipe For 3rd World war? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Apr 20, 2009
ElRazur:

If memory serves me right, he's been involve in some sort of wars in the past isnt? Besides, I think I remember the media reporting him as a hard liner and a no non-sense man.

Was a member of the IDF until 1972 and is known to be one of the few brave Israeli leaders opposed to a palestinian state beside Israel or giving up any part of Jerusalem.

Watch the heroic walkout on Ahmedinejad . . .

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeY3sARbI7Q&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

Note the massive cheers the walkout generated.
Re: Israel On Stand-by To Attack Iran! Recipe For 3rd World war? by RichyBlacK(m): 8:46pm On Apr 20, 2009
If Israel, a well known aggressor-state, strikes Iran, I expect the Iranians to strike back! This sense of entitlement by a few nations, as regards development, must be stopped.

Iran has made it clear that her nuclear program is for peaceful purposes, hence their is no reason to bomb Iran. Any so-called intelligence that shows that Iran is developing nuclear weapons must be corroborated with other sources and tabled at the UN.

Unilateral actions by rogue states in the middle-east, e.g. Israel, must not be given any legitimacy by being tolerated.

Iran must start drawing up plans for a retaliatory strike against Israel if the Zionist State is still living in the limbo of "we can do anything to any nation"!
Re: Israel On Stand-by To Attack Iran! Recipe For 3rd World war? by bawomolo(m): 9:41pm On Apr 20, 2009
Iran has made it clear that her nuclear program is for peaceful purposes, hence their is no reason to bomb Iran.

purchasing equipment from pakistan is not exactly a smart way to start a peaceful program. not allowing nuclear inspectors in doesn't help either.
Re: Israel On Stand-by To Attack Iran! Recipe For 3rd World war? by ElRazur: 10:14pm On Apr 20, 2009
RichyBlacK:

If Israel, a well known aggressor-state, strikes Iran, I expect the Iranians to strike back! This sense of entitlement by a few nations, as regards development, must be stopped.

Iran has made it clear that her nuclear program is for peaceful purposes, hence their is no reason to bomb Iran. Any so-called intelligence that shows that Iran is developing nuclear weapons must be corroborated with other sources and tabled at the UN.

Unilateral actions by rogue states in the middle-east, e.g. Israel, must not be given any legitimacy by being tolerated.

Iran must start drawing up plans for a retaliatory strike against Israel if the Zionist State is still living in the limbo of "we can do anything to any nation"!

It is all well to label and what not. I think you will fond that you are inaccurate.

Finally, I will suggest you look up the meaning of a Rogue state before using it next time. smiley
Re: Israel On Stand-by To Attack Iran! Recipe For 3rd World war? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Apr 20, 2009
ElRazur:

It is all well to label and what not. I think you will fond that you are inaccurate.

Finally, I will suggest you look up the meaning of a Rogue state before using it next time. smiley

you shouldnt have bothered . . . we all know that when it comes to Israel, Richy forgets all about objectivity. I wonder what he regards as "unilateral action" by Israel . . . does he mean enduring 6yrs of constant rocket attacks from Gaza?
Re: Israel On Stand-by To Attack Iran! Recipe For 3rd World war? by ElRazur: 10:48pm On Apr 20, 2009
davidylan:

you shouldnt have bothered . . . we all know that when it comes to Israel, Richy forgets all about objectivity. I wonder what he regards as "unilateral action" by Israel . . . does he mean enduring 6yrs of constant rocket attacks from Gaza?

It sucks when people cannot debate freely without emotions or preconceived idea. It is become a very common thing around here for people to just barge in to a thread and post for the sake of it. What happened to approaching a debate with a logical mind, common sense and weighing the facts?
Re: Israel On Stand-by To Attack Iran! Recipe For 3rd World war? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Apr 20, 2009
El, its easy to figure out who to ignore . . . and let stew in their own cauldron of bias and deceit.

RichyBlacK:

Yeah . . . so Iran approached North Korea and Pakistan for "peaceful" nuclear power? Those 2 countries dont even have nuclear power reactors themselves. Sometimes you just wonder if people have a brain.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stunning Photos Of Queen Elizabeth II From Cradle To Grave / Putin Warns North Korea And U.s. On Brink Of War / Adolf Hiltler,1938, Was Times "Man Of The Year". Trump Looks Like Him This Year.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.