Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,844 members, 7,806,385 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria (2303 Views)

Photos From 55th Independence Celebration In Abuja (Live) / President Buhari’s 55th Independence Speech - Full Text / Buhari Celebrates Benin's 55th Independence Anniversary In Cotonou (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:14pm On Sep 30, 2015
This article was written for the need to strengthen the socio-political landscape of Nigeria especially as it relate with the biggest cancer in the society- CORRUPTION. Permit me to draw a parallel between the Nigeria on one hand and on the other hand the Republic of South Africa and state of Illinois, United States.

STATE OF ILLINOIS, UNITED STATES
In December 2008, United States attorney in Chicago charged incumbent Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich for 'corruption'. His offence was expressing desire to make gain in the appointment of a Senator to fill Obama's vacated seat. Just this comment was enough indictment
"I've got this thing, and it's fucking golden. I'm just not giving it up for fucking nothing."
While the allegation was yet to be proven in court, Illinois state House of Representative voted for the impeachment of Gov. Blagojevich in 114-1 votes on January 9, 2009. The against vote said he needed time to study the indictment. Twenty days later, the 59 member Illinois state senate voted for the Governor's impeachment, he was removed from office. Breach of trust was enough to impeach him.

REPUBLIC OF SOUTH AFRICA
On June 14, 2005 the President of Republic of South Africa Thabo Mbeki announced before the country's parliament that he was relieving the Deputy President Jacob Zuma of his duties after a South African court had over a week ago convicted Zuma's Financial Advisor Schabir Shaik for financial fraud. Zuma was not indicted for corruption but was being investigated determine his involvement or otherwise. In relieving of Zuma of his duties, Mbeki said
"In the interest of the honourable deputy president, the government, our young democratic system and our country, it would be best to release the honourable Jacob Zuma from his responsibilities as deputy president of the republic and member of the cabinet."
Despite the action, he still maintained that Zuma should be presumed innocent until convicted. In response, Jacob Zuma welcomed the decision of his President...
"I believe he has taken this decision not because he believes I am guilty of any crime but because of considerations relating to the constraints within which government operates," www.news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4092064.stm

The opposition Democratic Alliance termed the decision "principle over politics". Ruling ANC leadership and Statesman Nelson Mandela welcomed the decision though sympathised with Zuma.

OUR DEAR NIGERIA
In Nigeria, the moment corruption allegations and indictment is brought against any public figure, his allies in the tribal, traditional, religious and political circle will rush to his defence without preference to the merit or otherwise of what the person is indicted on. The indictee will rush from one court to another to get injunctions to stop his trial. In fact, institutions of the State and other public institutions are not left out in this act. A typical example is the actions of the Senate and PDP in the ongoing trial against senator Saraki.

The Attitude of 8th Senate
Just yesterday, about 85 members of the Senate passed a "vote of confidence" on embattled senate president Saraki. A section of these senators had previously accompanied him to court to give him 'moral support' when he was first arraigned before the CCT. The actions of the Senators has brought the institution of the senate into an object of mockery and position it as partner-in-corruption. I wonder whether we are now operating the Senate of the federal republic of Saraki.

Trth be told, the action of the senators is in contrast with their predecessors. The 4th Senate impeached both SPs Evans Ewerem and Chuba Okadigbo on corruption allegation after they refused to step down. In the 5th Senate, Chief Adolphus Wabara was asked to resign by his colleagues(which he did) after he was indicted for receiving bribe from minister Fabian Osuji. When corruption allegation hit the 6th House of Representative Speaker Patricia Etteh, her colleagues demanded for her resignation, which she did. The actions was taken to save and protect the image of institution of the Senate.

Attitude of Political Parties
Rod Blagojevich was a Democratic governor of Illinois. The legislators were both Democrats and Republicans, yet neither parties attempted to shield him. Jacob Zuma was a member of Ruling ANC and was touted as the heir apparent to the South Africa's presidency after Thabo Mbeki, yet neither the ANC nor opposition attempted to shield Zuma. But in Nigeria, when a public figure is indicted, both ruling party and opposition 'weigh' the event and take side based on political consideration only and not on principle.

Two days ago, the PDP spokesman Olisa Metuh for the second time released a statement to morally empower embattled Saraki even when a section of Labour were calling for his resignation. Metuh even said “Anybody can be put on trial, but the question we should ask is whether the trial is political or not." May I remind Metuh(with all due respect) that the Saraki saga has moved from political battle between Saraki and APC powerhouse to the criminal trial between Bukola Saraki and the State(FG). The PDP should have taken cue from the opposition Democratic Alliance of South Africa instead of following the step of the ruling APC when they were in opposition.

A Case For Nigeria To Be Great:
Nigeria cannot afford to continue on this present lane if she is to progress. Politicians should start seeing their positions as offices of public trusts, parties should define their principles and always separate the interest of the party as a public institution and that of members/office holders. Citizens should separate public interest from political comradeship. All arms of government must distinguish institutions of government from the interests of occupants of offices. Opposition parties must distinguish opposition to the ruling party from opposition to the State(country). Most importantly, people with credibility should step into politics, while the public should encourage prospects like yours faithfully(smiles) in their quest for a better country.

The moment we get things right, we shall take our place among the committee of nations and be the true giant of Africa, and the pride of the black race.

Happy 55th Independence Anniversary!!!

May God Bless Us All
May God Bless Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by donTbone(m): 1:14pm On Sep 30, 2015
Nigeria needs to start applying this!

The opposition Democratic Alliance termed the decision "principle over politics". Ruling ANC leadership and Statesman Nelson Mandela welcomed the decision though sympathised with Zuma.

At least in the best interest of the Nation.

How I wish those Old Men could see how bright the future is if only they will stop being selfish and self centred...
cry cry
Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:14pm On Sep 30, 2015
Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by Nobody: 1:15pm On Sep 30, 2015
Happy 55th Independence Anniversary!!!

God Bless PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI GCFR

GOD BLESS PASTOR YEMI OSINBAJO

GOD BLESS BURATAI COAS

GOD BLESS PARTY CHAIRMAN OYEGUN

GOD BLESS PARTY LEADER TINUBU

GOD BLESS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND

GOD BLESS ZIK,BALEWA,AWO

May God Bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:26pm On Sep 30, 2015
Cc: Patriotic Wailers

Sdindan Roob chukkiephil ChappyChase Ishiamu gunuvi Truckpusher Rozayx5 bomsilaga exxell erunz dunsman Nigerianvenom Ishiamu Phockphockman, nwadiuko1, ibokUtoroh, Koded, Ecoterrors, iPrinz20 Aprokoman, OcheJoseph, Dearpreye, Firefire, Tomakint Francizy, Temitemi1, Hinwazaka Ecoterrors, Dumkem21 Biafranqueen, Mogidi, Mizmycoli, IsraeliAirforce, Candyrain, Ambivert, Rose2014, Provacateur, Opiaoku, NDPVF, Anonimi, Engineerboat, Talktimi, ahaika23, coolestrogue APCSucks Emperortj93 DebateNigeria and all patriots

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by erunz(m): 1:33pm On Sep 30, 2015
Barca!!!!!! Barca!!!!!! Barca!!!!!!, it is well, long live PDP long live NIGERIA
Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:38pm On Sep 30, 2015
erunz:
Barca!!!!!! Barca!!!!!! Barca!!!!!!, it is well, long live PDP long live NIGERIA
Long Live PDP!!!! Long Live Nigeria!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by socialmediaman: 1:40pm On Sep 30, 2015
A week ago, I was driving with a fellow Nigerian friend (Nigerian born and raised) to an event on the streets of one of the cities in the US, and while we were driving along, the car in front of us suddenly decelerated and stopped momentarily. Just within the split of a second, my friend fumed and overtook the car, but not without some strong language in protest of how the driver stopped in the middle of the road, probably to drop off an occupant of the car or something.

Just Yesterday, i was in a car with an African American friend (American born and raised) on the streets of the same city. While driving to the gas station, the car in front of us suddenly stopped, we waited for about 30 seconds wondering why they have not continued moving, then i asked "Why are you waiting?" because its a one lane street, there was space and we could just drive through past them. This was my friend's reply: "I don't know why they stopped, and i don't want to be rude by driving the other way past them".

These 2 people described above were operating at different levels of mental development.

Our country is still developing but Nigerians need to be enlightened more. Someone mentioned to me in one of the threads that "we are supporting Saraki to continue, the same way ACN supported Atiku to continue during the PTDF saga", in essence, supposing his argument was accurate, the fellow was saying "we will never grow beyond the past when we had sit-tight administrators"

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by fulanimafia: 1:45pm On Sep 30, 2015
Congratulations Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:46pm On Sep 30, 2015
donTbone:
Nigeria needs to start applying this!

At least in the best interest of the Nation.

How I wish those Old Men could see how bright the future is if only they will stop being selfish and self centred...
cry cry

The problem is lack of principle and selfishness.
Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by signature2012(m): 1:50pm On Sep 30, 2015
Am proud to be a Nigerian

click below to order for your spy camera watch.

https://www.nairaland.com/2634177/new-model-hp-dvr-spy
Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by donTbone(m): 1:52pm On Sep 30, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

The problem is lack of principle and selfishness.

If truly PMB is ready to make change, then they should make principles that will be made possible only to those that are not selfish amidst them!
Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by Okobaba1(m): 1:52pm On Sep 30, 2015
Hmm
Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by MORNDEW(m): 1:54pm On Sep 30, 2015
Pdp analyst indicting his party. This boy too confuse i swear.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by CyberWolf: 2:03pm On Sep 30, 2015
Tribalism and religious sentiment is the major problem of Nigeria, but it's so unfortunate that we shy away from discussing it.. sad
Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:05pm On Sep 30, 2015
MORNDEW:
Pdp analyst indicting his party. This boy too confuse i swear.
If after reading the the article you still post this, then I will recommend that you do a second reading.
Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by Dannyset(m): 2:07pm On Sep 30, 2015
This is just affirming the fact that PDP is as corrupt as Saraki. Our legislative arm has been encroached and dented with thieves and rogues. Imagine!
And these same people want to make laws to fight corruption! We aren't ready yet!
OUR SENATORS ARE THIEVES IN SARAKI UNIFORM
Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:13pm On Sep 30, 2015
donTbone:

If truly PMB is ready to make change, then they should make principles that will be made possible only to those that are not selfish amidst them!
I am a critic of PMB, our job is to keep him and his party on their toe but we must avoid to be seen as "one of the same".
Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:13pm On Sep 30, 2015
I sometimes get angry with my friends when they say Nigerians have morals than Europeans and Americans. Where is morality in continued looting of the treasury? Where is morality when hungry Nigerians support those that steal from them?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by nigerianvenom(m): 2:15pm On Sep 30, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Cc: Patriotic Wailers

Sdindan Roob chukkiephil ChappyChase Ishiamu gunuvi Truckpusher Rozayx5 bomsilaga exxell erunz dunsman Nigerianvenom Ishiamu Phockphockman, nwadiuko1, ibokUtoroh, Koded, Ecoterrors, iPrinz20 Aprokoman, OcheJoseph, Dearpreye, Firefire, Tomakint Francizy, Temitemi1, Hinwazaka Ecoterrors, Dumkem21 Biafranqueen, Mogidi, Mizmycoli, IsraeliAirforce, Candyrain, Ambivert, Rose2014, Provacateur, Opiaoku, NDPVF, Anonimi, Engineerboat, Talktimi, ahaika23, coolestrogue APCSucks Emperortj93 DebateNigeria and all patriots

TonyeBarcanista, what happened when tinubu was invited to the CCT?
We know that Buhari only witch hunt those against him or his believe and its very glaring. Despite all the allegations brought up against fayemi, tinubu and ameachi, he is yet to act, rather the aforementioned are his right hand men and Ministerial nominees.
We will never agree to him peosecuting few people for political gains why ignoring the real culprit.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 2:23pm On Sep 30, 2015
Nigeria is just existing as part of the Ecosystem and nothing more.

Nigeria is too big and diverse to be "presided over" by an African in a foreseeable future.

There will always be Ecowas for regional integration where all national interests are considered and compensated.
Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:23pm On Sep 30, 2015
nigerianvenom:

TonyeBarcanista, what happened when tinubu was invited to the CCT?
We know that Buhari only witch hunt those against him or his believe and its very glaring. Despite all the allegations brought up against fayemi, tinubu and ameachi, he is yet to act, rather the aforementioned are his right hand men and Ministerial nominees.
We will never agree to him peosecuting few people for political gains why ignoring the real culprit.
This is talk of witch-hunt is only valid in a bankrupt society. That A is alleged to be corrupt does not mean B should be defended for corruption. That C supported his corrupt friend is not a justification for D to support his corrupt friend. I want people to answer to their crimes irrespective of who the prosecutor is. The court should decide on the merit or otherwise.
The PDP should have taken cue from the opposition Democratic Alliance of South Africa instead of following the step of the ruling APC when they were in opposition.
Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by hinwazaka: 2:28pm On Sep 30, 2015
I DO AGREE WITH YOUR WRITEUP AND PERSPECTIVE. THE FACT IS THAT SARAKI AND MOST OF THE SENATORS REPRESENTING US ARE OVERTLY CORRUPT AND UNWORTHY OF SITTING IN THE SENATE. BUT FOR EVERY FOREIGN POLITICIAN IMPEACHED BY HIS FELLOWS OR FORCED ASIDE BY THOSE HE SERVES DUE TO SOME IMPROPRIETY, THERE IS THE POLITICIAN WHO STANDS HIS GROUND AND FIGHTS THE CASE TILL HE IS CLEARED. TAKE FOR EXAMPLE THE CLINTONS. BILL CLINTON WAS SUSPECTED OF HAVING ILLICIT RELATIONS WITH HIS FEMALE STAFF FOR YEARS, AND IN TIME HE WAS EXPOSED IN HAVING AN AFFAIR WITH AN INTERN KNOWN AS MONICA LEWINSKY. IN THE FACE OF IMPEACHMENT, BILL CLINTON MAINTAINED HIS INNOCENCE, AND WHEN LATER IT BECAME VERY EVIDENT HE HAD INDEED, HAD SOMETHING IMMORAL WITH THE INTERN, HE APOLOGISED AND WAS GIVEN A SLAP ON THE BACK. HE WENT ON TO CONTINUE HIS TENURE. HIS WIFE WAS MADE SECRETARY OF STATE UNDER OBAMA, AND NOT LONG AFTER THE ARAB SPRING HAPPENED AND LIBYA WAS CAUGHT IN ITS STORM. IN THE SIEGE OF BENGHAZI, IT WAS FOUND OUT THAT SHE AND HER OFFICE HAD BEEN NEGLIGENT OF THE ATTACK THOUGH THEY HAD INFORMATION ON IT. LATER ON STORIES STARTED CIRCULATING THAT AS SECRETARY OF STATE SHE HAD SHARED STATE SECRETS THROUGH A PRIVATE EMAIL. DESPITE THIS ALLEGATIONS SHE IS STILL IN THE RUNNING FOR THE WHITEHOUSE. SHE HAS ACTUALLY COME OUT TO CONFIRM THAT THE PRIVATE EMAIL DOES EXIST, BUT THERE IS NOTHING ON IT THAT IS CONFIDENTIAL. THE CIA AND FBI HAVE EVEN TAKEN HOLD OF ALL THE MESSAGES ON THE EMAIL TO PERUSE THROUGH AND CONFIRM IF INDEED SHE ERRED OR NOT. BUT SHE IS STILL LEADING IN THE DEMOCRAT POLLS. THE FACT IS FOR EVERY POLITICIAN THAT STEPS ASIDE, THERE IS THE ONE WHO FIGHTS FOR HIS SEAT.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by Ahmed4002(m): 2:31pm On Sep 30, 2015
You again
Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:33pm On Sep 30, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
Nigeria is just existing as part of the Ecosystem and nothing more.

Nigeria is too big and diverse to be "presided over" by an African in a foreseeable future.

There will always be Ecowas for regional integration where all national interests are considered and compensated.
How do you mean Sir?
Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by stuff46(m): 2:36pm On Sep 30, 2015
Perfect example of what opposition with understanding means.

Barcanista
Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 2:41pm On Sep 30, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

This is talk of witch-hunt is only valid in a bankrupt society. That A is alleged to be corrupt does not mean B should be defended for corruption. That C supported his corrupt friend is not a justification for D to support his corrupt friend. I want people to answer to their crimes irrespective of who the prosecutor is. The court should decide on the merit or otherwise.

Please, stop it already. It is a perfect example of a witch-hunt.

We weren't told he overestimated his wealth in order to enrich himself thereafter rather that he under declared his assets for which no formal query nor invitation was issued to him by CCB to ratify or reconcile the Assets declared according to the law establishing CCB before running to the Court.

All these abracadabra were to stop Sen. Saraki from presiding over the confirmation of ministerial nominee and to stop Power sector probe during OBJ tenure.

In general the Executive wanted to use CCB and CCT to intimidate and control the NASS.

Thank goodness, there is a provision for reconciliation by invite before CCB can move to the tribunal

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by Firefire(m): 2:42pm On Sep 30, 2015
Happy Independence Anniversary to Nigeria and Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 2:52pm On Sep 30, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

How do you mean Sir?

I am not advocating for disintegration but if I was in a position to make the decision then I will allow regions to decide for themselves just like USSR in 1991 but we will meet again more united and stronger in ECOWAS with no restricted boundaries and probably one common currency but different Countries with valid votes in UN General Assembly.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by Observant: 2:53pm On Sep 30, 2015
A lot of horror was into our polity in APCs quest to wrestle power from the PDP.
This has seriously denigrated the principles of political parties as can still be seen by the infighting going on within the said party.

While your message is one bore out of respect for national image, morality and democracy, it's unfortunate that polity is populated by people of low moral standards which robs of on the citizenery in all sphere of human development.
Sad but true..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:56pm On Sep 30, 2015
hinwazaka:
I DO AGREE WITH YOUR WRITEUP AND PERSPECTIVE. THE FACT IS THAT SARAKI AND MOST OF THE SENATORS REPRESENTING US ARE OVERTLY CORRUPT AND UNWORTHY OF SITTING IN THE SENATE. BUT FOR EVERY FOREIGN POLITICIAN IMPEACHED BY HIS FELLOWS OR FORCED ASIDE BY THOSE HE SERVES DUE TO SOME IMPROPRIETY, THERE IS THE POLITICIAN WHO STANDS HIS GROUND AND FIGHTS THE CASE TILL HE IS CLEARED. TAKE FOR EXAMPLE THE CLINTONS. BILL CLINTON WAS SUSPECTED OF HAVING ILLICIT RELATIONS WITH HIS FEMALE STAFF FOR YEARS, AND IN TIME HE WAS EXPOSED IN HAVING AN AFFAIR WITH AN INTERN KNOWN AS MONICA LEWINSKY. IN THE FACE OF IMPEACHMENT, BILL CLINTON MAINTAINED HIS INNOCENCE, AND WHEN LATER IT BECAME VERY EVIDENT HE HAD INDEED, HAD SOMETHING IMMORAL WITH THE INTERN, HE APOLOGISED AND WAS GIVEN A SLAP ON THE BACK. HE WENT ON TO CONTINUE HIS TENURE. HIS WIFE WAS MADE SECRETARY OF STATE UNDER OBAMA, AND NOT LONG AFTER THE ARAB SPRING HAPPENED AND LIBYA WAS CAUGHT IN ITS STORM. IN THE SIEGE OF BENGHAZI, IT WAS FOUND OUT THAT SHE AND HER OFFICE HAD BEEN NEGLIGENT OF THE ATTACK THOUGH THEY HAD INFORMATION ON IT. LATER ON STORIES STARTED CIRCULATING THAT AS SECRETARY OF STATE SHE HAD SHARED STATE SECRETS THROUGH A PRIVATE EMAIL. DESPITE THIS ALLEGATIONS SHE IS STILL IN THE RUNNING FOR THE WHITEHOUSE. SHE HAS ACTUALLY COME OUT TO CONFIRM THAT THE PRIVATE EMAIL DOES EXIST, BUT THERE IS NOTHING ON IT THAT IS CONFIDENTIAL. THE CIA AND FBI HAVE EVEN TAKEN HOLD OF ALL THE MESSAGES ON THE EMAIL TO PERUSE THROUGH AND CONFIRM IF INDEED SHE ERRED OR NOT. BUT SHE IS STILL LEADING IN THE DEMOCRAT POLLS. THE FACT IS FOR EVERY POLITICIAN THAT STEPS ASIDE, THERE IS THE ONE WHO FIGHTS FOR HIS SEAT.
May God Bless you!
The case of Bill Clinton has to do with his personal affair that was inappropriate for the office he occupied. His offence however was 'the lie he told' and not really the affair he had. Beside, it wasn't rape so that was why he was let off. But trust me had it been it had to do with breach of public trust or favoring the lady using government resources, he wouldn't have survived the impeachment.

As for Hilary, her case is with the Congress and she isn't holding any office of trust while pursuing the case. It is not an offence to run for office when under investigation as long as you aren't occupying office bro.
Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by Observant: 3:03pm On Sep 30, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

I am not advocating for disintegration but if I was in a position to make the decision then I will allow regions to decide for themselves just like USSR in 1991 but we will meet again more united and stronger in ECOWAS with no restricted boundaries and probably one common currency but different Countries with valid votes in UN General Assembly.

I can't not agree more with you.
As the days go by you see more reason to be weary of the country.
The unpatrotism which of course is bore out of the lack of national consciousness keep sowing to new height.

I am not sure if anyone has observed the new trend of buying American and Canadian citizenship for your kids in the name of giving birth abroad?
While I don't have a problem with people trying to secure a future for their kids, my only problem is when such people come out to hypocritically celebrate independence and One Nigeria when they clear don't believe in it enough to let the childeren be Nigerians.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafra And A Thousand Questions / Just In- Iara, Oshiomhole's Wife Files For Divorce???. / Ben Bruce Mocks Buhari With The Campaign Point He Used Against PDP In 2015(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.