Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

Dangote Refinery Test Invitation - Jobs/Vacancies (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Dangote Refinery Test Invitation (235818 Views)

Dangote Refinery Test Invite / NBC Aptitude Test Invitation / Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by lilangel20: 4:51pm On May 27, 2019
Fremaxx:
I am just laughing. Somebody listed some topics ranging from heat transfer, mass transfer, chemical thermodynamic, chemical plant economics. Everything was in the test. It was a real test of knowledge. For the general aptitude test mehn read anything as there data interpretation, logical reasoning questions, combination, GRE, cat questions, GMAT. It was a test of speed and knowledge. Just try your best. To tell you what exactly to read. I feel like telling you to read everything
Thank you...

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by nonye6194: 6:03pm On May 27, 2019
I've tried to read all the comments on this thread up till my comment and here's a summary for those of us newbies. Find gmat and your discipline related past questions to prepare with. The best online preparatory website that was mentioned is

https://www.indiabix.com/

Me sef recommend the site since the questions look like what was set by Indians and the site is an Indian one covering a lot of disciplines.

someone highlighted sections to cover and I'm mentioning just the ones related to my discipline. chemical engineering

CHEMICAL
Process Calculations & Thermodynamics
Fluid Mechanics and Mechanical Operations
Heat Transfer
Mass Transfer
Chemical Reaction Engineering
Instrumentation & Process Control
Plant design and Economics
Chemical Technology

below is a concise summary from a nairalander that underwent the recruitment process and today is a staff with dangote group:

I applied for executive trainee (under electrical engineer) at dangote oil refinery company limited last year august(batch A). I went through all the five stages of the recruitment process ranging from aplitude test, group discussion, panel interview, psychometric test and medical test and by the grace of God I was able to scale through all this stages. Finally I was called to resume for the job this year, presently we are undergoing training in oil refinery operations outside the country.
My advice is that we don't need to get too anxious about this job, what I feel is the Success tips for the recruitment process of dangote oil refinery company are:
1. Group discussion, topics will range from Infrastructural development to health sector, oil Prices etc) during this interview, candidates must be calm, undominering, attentive, giving intelligent contribution).
2. Panel interview(ie one on one interview), if you are invited for this 3rd stage, make sure that you have a clear understanding of the basic concept of your discipline, the secret here is that your cv will play an important role here and it will determine the kind of questions that they will ask you, so make sure you are able to convinced your panelist of your past job experience relevant to your discipline, because most questions asked are very technical and it is discipline based. Be calm and also be confident of what ever you are saying.
3. Psychometric test, at this stage you will be given seven different questions papers to answer for a time duration of two hours, this test is know your personality and behavior under working conditions.
4. Medical test

Here's a general direction for those coming to the venue:

where ever you are coming from, find your way to computer village under bridge at IKEJA, ask for keke maruwa going towards Guinness. drop at Dangote 2nd gate. it's hard to miss. the keke charges just #50. or you can use Lara.ng or Google maps

Here's the final admonishment for those sitting for the test in May 2019 Only :

Guys if you're not a chemical engineering graduate and you got an invite to the dangote refinery test. Don't bother going. The test is 120 minutes as stated in the mail. Two sections - chemical engineering section and general aptitude questions consisting of numeric 80% and verbal 20%. Each section is 60 minutes. Just prepare wide
Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by Makanjuola89: 6:57pm On May 28, 2019
The test is 2 hours (120 mins) as stated in the mail. 1 hour for chemical engineering questions in which you will answer any 100 questions out of 120. Another 1 hour for aptitude test to answer 100 questions comprising of numerical and verbal.

Just go there with a pure mind and don't make it a do or die affair.

As for those who are not chemical engineering graduates and got the invite, the hr guy stated it clearly that it's strictly for chemical engineers. He mentioned a guy who came all the way from Uyo only to find out that it's only chemical engineers that were called but he got the invite. Tho he allowed the guy to write the test because of his far distance but told him that the management will decide on his case. My advice is if you are not a chemical engineering graduate don't even bother going cos I swear you won't be able to answer those chemical questions, you will just be playing games.

For those who are still serving and got invite pls go O. You will be required to show your nysc Id card. A guy who is still serving came for the test and was allowed to write when he showed proof.

For the over Sabi and over religious people, please check your mail very well O you are asked to go with your birth certificate not "baptisms" certificate. A guy presented "baptism" certificate today tho the lady allowed him but warned him against next time. Thank God he didn't meet a sadist.

I wish you all best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by kolidave: 7:08pm On May 28, 2019
bros, how many hours make 120mins? shocked grin
Makanjuola89:
The test is 2 hours not 120 mins as stated in the mail. 1 hour for chemical engineering questions in which you will answer any 100 questions out of 120. Another 1 hour for aptitude test to answer 100 questions comprising of numerical and verbal.

As for those who are not chemical engineering graduates and got the invite, the hr guy stated it clearly that it's strictly for chemical engineers. He mentioned a guy who came all the way from Uyo only to find out that it's only chemical engineers that were called but he got the invite. Tho he allowed the guy to write the test because of his far distance but told him that the management will decide on his case. My advice is if you are not a chemical engineering graduate don't even bother going cos I swear you won't be able to answer those chemical questions, you will just be playing games.

For those who are still serving and got invite pls go O. You will be required to show your nysc Id card. A guy who is still serving came for the test and was allowed to write when he showed proof.

For the over Sabi and over religious people, please check your mail very well O you are asked to go with your birth certificate not "baptisms" certificate. A guy presented "baptism" certificate today tho the lady allowed him but warned him against next time. Thank God he didn't meet a sadist.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by Fremaxx: 7:17pm On May 28, 2019
I wonder o grin. 120 minutes is 2 hours. It's okay we understand
Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by AlienRobot: 7:32pm On May 28, 2019
For function specific test questions and answers on Mechanical Engineering and Electrical/Electronic Engineering,

Contact us on Alienrobot01@gmail.com
Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by mondichem(m): 8:37pm On May 28, 2019
I studied industrial chemistry, and I got the invite. Don't really know if there was any industrial chemist among the batch A currently on training now. More also, I'm using an affidavit for age declaration. Would that be accepted at the venue?
Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by Makanjuola89: 4:46am On May 29, 2019
kolidave:
bros, how many hours make 120mins? shocked grin
Lol...I dey sleep when I dey type. Thanks for that anyway
Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by okonebiebi(m): 7:58am On May 29, 2019
Thanks for the information so far..
I know u remember one or more questions from the chemical engineering section. Can u please drop them. It may not be direct, so one can know exact how they come.thanks
Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by dare2011(m): 8:52am On May 29, 2019
Makanjuola89:
The test is 2 hours (120 mins) as stated in the mail. 1 hour for chemical engineering questions in which you will answer any 100 questions out of 120. Another 1 hour for aptitude test to answer 100 questions comprising of numerical and verbal.

[color=#006600][/color]

Pls bro.....are u referring to those pple dt was invited to write technical questions on d 3rd of June?
Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by Makanjuola89: 12:48pm On May 29, 2019
dare2011:
[color=#006600][/color]

Pls bro.....are u referring to those pple dt was invited to write technical questions on d 3rd of June?

Chemical engineering?
Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by okonebiebi(m): 1:25pm On May 29, 2019
Makanjuola89:

Chemical engineering?
Yes oo
Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by dare2011(m): 2:51pm On May 29, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]
Makanjuola89:

Chemical engineering?

I studied Engineering Geology n I was invited for the technical assessment on 3/06/2019.
Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by Fremaxx: 8:27pm On May 29, 2019
I want to repeat what I have said before in this trend that you should not waste your time, money and energy if you're not a chemical engineer. If you think you have prepared well for the chemical engineering questions and your course is not chemical engineering, please feel free to try your luck. There are two sections. The first is the chemical engineering section which contains 120 multiple choice questions for 60 minutes, the second section is the general aptitude section which contains 100 multiple choice questions for 60 minutes. The general aptitude test is the toughest. I believe the questions are from Indian common admission test with area of concentration on logical reasoning, verbal reasoning and data interpretation. Trust me they are tough without preparation. They are simple with preparation. Just try your best and Good luck.
The advert stated only chemical engineers. The invigilator mentioned it. So don't waste your energy on this recruitment.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by lilangel20: 11:47am On May 30, 2019
Let's us know when you get it o.. wink
Fremaxx:
I want to repeat what I have said before in this trend that you should not waste your time, money and energy if you're not a chemical engineer. If you think you have prepared well for the chemical engineering questions and your course is not chemical engineering, please feel free to try your luck. There are two sections. The first is the chemical engineering section which contains 120 multiple choice questions for 60 minutes, the second section is the general aptitude section which contains 100 multiple choice questions for 60 minutes. The general aptitude test is the toughest. I believe the questions are from Indian common admission test with area of concentration on logical reasoning, verbal reasoning and data interpretation. Trust me they are tough without preparation. They are simple with preparation. Just try your best and Good luck.
The advert stated only chemical engineers. The invigilator mentioned it. So don't waste your energy on this recruitment.
Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by nonye6194: 4:08pm On Jun 03, 2019
this test isnt about answering everything. a wrong chemical engineering question is -1. a right one is +2. for the quantitative reasoning, wrong takes -0.5 while right one is +1. so you gats to be smart and veryyy fast

And the possibility of finishing these questions in 2 hours is negligible. For me, the easiest part was even the aptitude section. those chemical engineering questions came from hell lol.

then the idea of writing a chemical engineering test for a non chemical engineering candidate is somewhat crazy. well, unless you can withstand it. alot of guys in my hall that were non chemical engineering candidates were literally swearing under their breath. one even went to the extent of submitting the answer booklet unanswered to begin on the aptitude part.

So even if you're invited but the mail states its for another discipline, I'll advise you stay back if you'll borrow money to come for the test.

for those yet to write, make indiabix.com your partner. especially the chemical engineering guys, focus on thermodynamics, heat and mass transfer, fluid mechanics, process control and instrumentation. that's where the bulk of questions came from. if its possible, finish the practice questions on indiabix.com for these courses.

p.s : this is coming from my own experience today after the test. anyone can come to counter this either due to the difference in their own experience or whatever makes them to. But goodluck to everyone!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by Unibram(m): 7:13pm On Jun 05, 2019
nonye6194:
this test isnt about answering everything. a wrong chemical engineering question is -1. a right one is +2. for the quantitative reasoning, wrong takes -0.5 while right one is +1. so you gats to be smart and veryyy fast

And the possibility of finishing these questions in 2 hours is negligible. For me, the easiest part was even the aptitude section. those chemical engineering questions came from hell lol.

then the idea of writing a chemical engineering test for a non chemical engineering candidate is somewhat crazy. well, unless you can withstand it. alot of guys in my hall that were non chemical engineering candidates were literally swearing under their breath. one even went to the extent of submitting the answer booklet unanswered to begin on the aptitude part.

So even if you're invited but the mail states its for another discipline, I'll advise you stay back if you'll borrow money to come for the test.

for those yet to write, make indiabix.com your partner. especially the chemical engineering guys, focus on thermodynamics, heat and mass transfer, fluid mechanics, process control and instrumentation. that's where the bulk of questions came from. if its possible, finish the practice questions on indiabix.com for these courses.

p.s : this is coming from my own experience today after the test. anyone can come to counter this either due to the difference in their own experience or whatever makes them to. But goodluck to everyone!

The guy that invigilated 28th may, said no nagative marking, that we should answer as many as possible even though it was stated on the page of our answer booklet

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by nonye6194: 9:14pm On Jun 05, 2019
Unibram:

The guy that invigilated 28th may, said no nagative marking, that we should answer as many as possible even though it was stated on the page of our answer booklet

I'm not stating what I heard or saw on the answer booklet. but I've heard you still

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by Teccowills(m): 9:46am On Jun 08, 2019
nonye6194:

I'm not stating what I heard or saw on the answer booklet. but I've heard you still
There is no negative marking.
Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by Uricas(m): 12:37pm On Jun 09, 2019
I don't know what Dangote wants to prove with that test. That's the toughest I've seen. It's just another brain drain.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by TOM208: 2:20pm On Jun 09, 2019
Let's hope for success mail this week
Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by anuliamara(f): 4:22am On Jun 13, 2019
.Wish employment opportunity is that?Quote author=Fremaxx post=78838662]I want to repeat what I have said before in this trend that you should not waste your time, money and energy if you're not a chemical engineer. If you think you have prepared well for the chemical engineering questions and your course is not chemical engineering, please feel free to try your luck. There are two sections. The first is the chemical engineering section which contains 120 multiple choice questions for 60 minutes, the second section is the general aptitude section which contains 100 multiple choice questions for 60 minutes. The general aptitude test is the toughest. I believe the questions are from Indian common admission test with area of concentration on logical reasoning, verbal reasoning and data interpretation. Trust me they are tough without preparation. They are simple with preparation. Just try your best and Good luck.
The advert stated only chemical engineers. The invigilator mentioned it. So don't waste your energy on this recruitment. [/quote]
Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by anuliamara(f): 4:27am On Jun 13, 2019
Congratulations on your new job.

https://www.indiabix.com/

Me sef recommend the site since the questions look like what was set by Indians and the site is an Indian one covering a lot of disciplines.

someone highlighted sections to cover and I'm mentioning just the ones related to my discipline. chemical engineering

CHEMICAL
Process Calculations & Thermodynamics
Fluid Mechanics and Mechanical Operations
Heat Transfer
Mass Transfer
Chemical Reaction Engineering
Instrumentation & Process Control
Plant design and Economics
Chemical Technology

below is a concise summary from a nairalander that underwent the recruitment process and today is a staff with dangote group:

I applied for executive trainee (under electrical engineer) at dangote oil refinery company limited last year august(batch A). I went through all the five stages of the recruitment process ranging from aplitude test, group discussion, panel interview, psychometric test and medical test and by the grace of God I was able to scale through all this stages. Finally I was called to resume for the job this year, presently we are undergoing training in oil refinery operations outside the country.
My advice is that we don't need to get too anxious about this job, what I feel is the Success tips for the recruitment process of dangote oil refinery company are:
1. Group discussion, topics will range from Infrastructural development to health sector, oil Prices etc) during this interview, candidates must be calm, undominering, attentive, giving intelligent contribution).
2. Panel interview(ie one on one interview), if you are invited for this 3rd stage, make sure that you have a clear understanding of the basic concept of your discipline, the secret here is that your cv will play an important role here and it will determine the kind of questions that they will ask you, so make sure you are able to convinced your panelist of your past job experience relevant to your discipline, because most questions asked are very technical and it is discipline based. Be calm and also be confident of what ever you are saying.
3. Psychometric test, at this stage you will be given seven different questions papers to answer for a time duration of two hours, this test is know your personality and behavior under working conditions.
4. Medical test

Here's a general direction for those coming to the venue:

where ever you are coming from, find your way to computer village under bridge at IKEJA, ask for keke maruwa going towards Guinness. drop at Dangote 2nd gate. it's hard to miss. the keke charges just #50. or you can use Lara.ng or Google maps

Here's the final admonishment for those sitting for the test in May 2019 Only :

Guys if you're not a chemical engineering graduate and you got an invite to the dangote refinery test. Don't bother going. The test is 120 minutes as stated in the mail. Two sections - chemical engineering section and general aptitude questions consisting of numeric 80% and verbal 20%. Each section is 60 minutes. Just prepare wide[/quote]
Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by lilangel20: 10:34am On Jun 17, 2019
Has anyone being invited for the next stage?
Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by sunnysec: 10:09pm On Jun 19, 2019
Any invite for may/June set?
Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by Nobody: 1:08am On Jun 20, 2019
sunnysec:
Any invite for may/June set?
Be specific
Invite for what?
Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by Sunnystooth(m): 5:58am On Jun 20, 2019
Ccanyanwu:

Be specific
Invite for what?
I guess he meant invite for the next stage after the May / June aptitude test...
Any info from your end?
Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by Nobody: 8:31am On Jun 20, 2019
Sunnystooth:

I guess he meant invite for the next stage after the May / June aptitude test...
Any info from your end?
Okay
Non

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by Sunnystooth(m): 4:11pm On Jun 20, 2019
Ccanyanwu:
Okay Non
Ok.
Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by Donfasa: 1:04pm On Jun 22, 2019
has anyone heard from dangote, those that wrote technical test may/June

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by imamabi(m): 6:07pm On Jun 26, 2019
hmm

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by lilangel20: 1:58pm On Jun 28, 2019
Anyone heard from dangote yet?

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (59) (Reply)

Zenith Bank Interview 2016 / ICPC Recruitment Online Test / Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.