Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu (18761 Views)

6bedroom Duplex With 2bedroom BQ In Lekki Phase 2 For Sale (pics) / Soak Away /septic Tank Construction On Waterlogged Area / Converting a 6bedroom duplex to 2bedroom block of flat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by dubemcapital(m): 5:39am On Oct 01, 2015
Building 6 bedroom duplex en suit in a waterlogged half plot @Enugu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by eyeview: 6:39am On Oct 01, 2015
Which part of enugu is this that you are getting a waterlogged land?
Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by spyder880(m): 7:03am On Oct 01, 2015
eyeview:

There are waterlogged places in Emene and some parts of Nike in Enugu.
Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by spyder880(m): 7:07am On Oct 01, 2015
Keep doing the good work Dubemcapital, I know you to be an astute professional and I know you will do mighty works. Nice job.

Where did you hire the level instrument pictured there, at Ogui road?
Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by Pchinak: 8:01am On Oct 01, 2015
dubemcapital:
Building 6 bedroom duplex en suit in a waterlogged half plot @Enugu

Cool, well done boss. Is that a 30x60 (ft) plot of land?
Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by dubemcapital(m): 9:33pm On Oct 01, 2015
eyeview:

Off Transekulu, through Nowas, by Timber shade @ Ihioma street
Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by dubemcapital(m): 9:35pm On Oct 01, 2015
spyder880:

There are waterlogged places in Emene and some parts of Nike in Enugu.
Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by dubemcapital(m): 9:44pm On Oct 01, 2015
[quote author=dubemcapital post=38577986][/quote]

Yes spider, some part of Emene are terrible. Nike area like umuchigbo etc. But in new GRA and some part of community estate is something else. When descending from Nowas filling station as if you are going to Nike Lake Resort stop at Timber junction there is a street called Ihioma street, Around that area are waterlogged

1 Like

Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by dubemcapital(m): 9:51pm On Oct 01, 2015
[quote author=dubemcapital post=38577986][/quote]

Yes spider, some part of Emene are terrible. Nike area like umuchigbo etc. But in new GRA and some part of community estate is something else. When descending from Nowas filling station as if you are going to Nike Lake Resort stop at Timber junction there is a street called Ihioma street, Around that area are waterlogged
Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by eyeview: 10:13pm On Oct 01, 2015
dubemcapital:

Off Transekulu, through Nowas, by Timber shade @ Ihioma street

Could it be that axis that is after the Federal School of Dentistry called new GRA?
Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by dubemcapital(m): 10:15pm On Oct 01, 2015
Pchinak:

Cool, well done boss. Is that a 30x60 (ft) plot of land?
No, It's 30x100 (ft)
Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by eyeview: 10:21pm On Oct 01, 2015
dubemcapital:

I have always had this belief(now I see am wrong) that enugu soils are mostly rocky which makes it hard for people to drill private boreholes. But if areas are waterlogged like lagos,it then means that like Lagos,drilling boreholes in such axis for water would be a success.
Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by spyder880(m): 10:23pm On Oct 01, 2015
Pictures please.......
Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by dubemcapital(m): 10:27pm On Oct 01, 2015
eyeview:

Could it be that axis that is after the Federal School of Dentistry called new GRA?
No, but through the school of dentistry you can locate it; through the school down to the extreme negotiate right and keep straight down the road at the extreme is timber shade the layout across Nike Lake Resort road is the area.
Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by eyeview: 10:34pm On Oct 01, 2015
dubemcapital:

No, but through the school of dentistry you can locate it; through the school down to the extreme negotiate right and keep straight down the road at the extreme is timber shade the layout across Nike Lake Resort road is the area.

Okay. I know d axis. I have something around that axis. While you negotiate right at the extreme towards timbershed,mine is towards the left. We are waiting for govt presence(tarring the road) to invade there with development projects but my fear about enugu is the ability to drill borehole and get water. Are there areas in the city where residents drill boreholes and get clean water in their homes(not ninth mile).

1 Like

Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 01, 2015
spyder880:
Keep doing the good work Dubemcapital, I know you to be an astute professional and I know you will do mighty works. Nice job.

Weelllll he didn't remove decomposing vegetation prior to starting his foundation and I can sight someone carrying a headpan. This according to my best friend #231,234 KolaShangOne, is just unacceptable grin

Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by spyder880(m): 10:53pm On Oct 01, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Weelllll he didn't remove decomposing vegetation prior to starting his foundation and I can sight someone carrying a headpan. This according to my best friend #231,234 KolaShangOne, is just unacceptable grin

In some sites, the conditions you meet will make you do some things first, before others. The guy is good at what he does.

How could I have removed all the grass here first cheesy (pictures taken from my site at PH.)

Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 01, 2015
spyder880:

In some sites, the conditions you meet will make you do some things first, before others. The guy is good at what he does.

Oh for sure, I was just making a joke.

You must have missed the flogging that I was given for those two items on my build.
Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by Pchinak: 11:07pm On Oct 01, 2015
dubemcapital:

No, It's 30x100 (ft)

Thanks.
Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by spyder880(m): 11:13pm On Oct 01, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Oh for sure, I was just making a joke.

You must have missed the flogging that I was given for those two items on my build.

You know, in your own case, we were waiting for you cheesy Dont mind us bro cheesy

1 Like

Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by KolaShangOne(m): 6:34am On Oct 02, 2015
spyder880:

How could I have removed all the grass here first cheesy (pictures taken from my site at PH.)

Oga Spyder, don't mind Oga EgunMogaji.. He likes me and he likes to call me out.. I'm sure he's waiting for my next construction diary to come n bash me.

We were talking about his own house and expectations we had based on the bashings Egun has meted out to us in general. No one said its wrong to carry headpan o..

As we can see from d pic, he has basic equipments (concrete mixer, vibrator, level instrument etc) and that's all I expected (if not more) from the Egun himself.

Basically, according to building codes, we should remove vegetable matter and excavate top soil to about 100-150mm before building to avoid settling after vegetable matter has decomposed.

From the site pics, its just 1 or 2 grasses with shallow roots not like the one on Egun's site. I wish U a successful one @dubemcapital

1 Like

Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by dubemcapital(m): 7:23am On Oct 02, 2015
spyder880:

Is one of our equipments
Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 02, 2015
KolaShangOne:

Oga Spyder, don't mind Oga EgunMogaji.. He likes me and he likes to call me out.. I'm sure he's waiting for my next construction diary to come n bash me.

We were talking about his own house and expectations we had based on the bashings Egun has meted out to us in general. No one said its wrong to carry headpan o..

As we can see from d pic, he has basic equipments (concrete mixer, vibrator, level instrument etc) and that's all I expected (if not more) from the Egun himself.

Basically, according to building codes, we should remove vegetable matter and excavate top soil to about 100-150mm before building to avoid settling after vegetable matter has decomposed.

From the site pics, its just 1 or 2 grasses with shallow roots not like the one on Egun's site. I wish U a successful one @dubemcapital

We haven't built on top of vegetables yet though. You shot your load too early. The only thing I look forward to on your builds is seeing more of your staff grin

I'm looking forward to this build. I love narrow builds and I think the small spaces brings out the best in both the architect and builder.

1 Like

Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by mufutau55(m): 2:41pm On Oct 02, 2015
EgunMogaji:

The only thing I look forward to on your builds is seeing more of your staff grin

I told you that Engineer (Hajjia Risikat) is not yours anymore....

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by KolaShangOne(m): 4:37pm On Oct 02, 2015
mufutau55:

I told you that Engineer (Hajjia Risikat) is not yours anymore....

Hajji M.

Hajia Kafilat.. grin

1 Like

Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by mufutau55(m): 4:39pm On Oct 02, 2015
KolaShangOne:

Hajia Kafilat.. grin

Make you no reveal everything o... I dey hide the name from General EgunMogaji ni o.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by dubemcapital(m): 8:33pm On Oct 02, 2015
Re-enforcing the wall with a weak concrete mixture and sand filling is the stage@my site... still raining

Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by dubemcapital(m): 6:16am On Oct 03, 2015
EgunMogaji:

We haven't built on top of vegetables yet though. You shot your load too early. The only thing I look forward to on your builds is seeing more of your staff grin

I'm looking forward to this build. I love narrow builds and I think the small spaces brings out the best in both the architect and builder.
Lol... let's see how the turn out will be, by God's Grace it will be great. ...Your satisfaction is guaranteed with capital shelters & const. Ltd grin

1 Like

Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by dubemcapital(m): 10:05pm On Oct 03, 2015
Because of the condition of the land I made a higher foundation and lay a lump of these size for damp control (damp-proof course)
Having taken my level... Casting a slab of about 6" thickness on going...

1 Like

Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by spyder880(m): 11:01pm On Oct 03, 2015
Good speed.....
Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by dubemcapital(m): 10:39am On Oct 04, 2015
spyder880:
Good speed.....
Yes, I have about 6weaks and few days to make it a home every hour matters to me now

1 Like

Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by Pchinak: 1:54pm On Oct 04, 2015
dubemcapital:

Yes, I have about 6weeks and few days to make it a home every hour matters to me now

Watching out with the bold in mind. Good speed to you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City / Facing Amen Estate Phase 1,sharing Fence With Amen Estate Phase 2 +2349030188831 / The Making Of A "Cute" 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.