Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,012 members, 7,806,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

Odinkalu, Fani-kayode In Twitter War Over Hate Speech. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Odinkalu, Fani-kayode In Twitter War Over Hate Speech. (37118 Views)

Adeyinka Grandson Invited By UK Police Over Hate Speech / Fani-Kayode In Lagos Court For Patience Jonathan (Photos) / Fayose Visits Femi Fani-Kayode In Detention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Odinkalu, Fani-kayode In Twitter War Over Hate Speech. by GODDYGEE91(m): 1:07pm On Oct 01, 2015
A former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode, has said that he owes nobody any apology for describing Fulani herdsmen as tsetse flies and murderers.

Fani-Kayode was responding to tweets by the National Human Rights Commission of Nigeria Chairman, Prof. Chidi Odinkalu, who accused him of hate crime.

Odinkalu, had on Twitter on Wednesday, lashed out at Fani-Koyode, promising to lodge a complaint against him to the Nigerian Police Force.

According to the NHRC boss, it is not proper to ask Nigerians to leave a particular section of the country.

Fani-Kayode, he added, should not have resorted to calling an entire race names for an offence committed by a few individuals.

Odinkalu tweeted, “Chief Falae’s abduction is a crime, but to make that basis of a campaign against a race as Femi Fani-Kayode did is hate speech. It is hate speech to leave individual responsibility and describe a race as tsetse fly, locust and leeches.”

He added that it was “unlawful to advocate mass removal of Nigerians from parts of their own country.”

Such a comment, he said, should not have come from a former minister and lawyer.

But Fani-Kayode, who recently changed his name on social media to Olufemi Olu-Kayode, disagreed with the NHRC chairman, declaring that he owed nobody any apology.

He tweeted, “It is those gutless cowards that seek to play down the murder of others that are guilty of hate crimes and not those that call a spade a spade.”

He added, “Those that say that we must remain silent when aliens invade our land, rape our women and kill our people shall fail. We will resist evil. I support the call by the Afenifere that all Fulani herdsmen should be banned from the South-West. We do not want these killers in our midst.”

In an article, the ex-minister justified the call by a section of the South-West that the cattle rearers should leave the region.

The call followed an allegation that the herdsmen were responsible for the recent kidnap of a chieftain of the Afenifere, Chief Olu Falae.

“These herdsmen have become the pests of our nation. They are like the East African tsetse flies: wherever they go they suck blood out of their hosts and, like the locust, they destroy everything in their path. They are like leeches: they indulge in a parasitic mode of nutrition and they suck the blood of the carcass until their victim is left for dead.

“Like the Arab supporter of APC, they are only known for the most hideous of things. This includes terror, intimidation, theft, murder, rape, abduction, mutilation, violation of the rights of others, destruction of the land and crops of farmers and destruction of property.

“Anyone that doubts this should ask the people of the north central zone what they have been suffering in the hands of these herdsmen for the last 50 years. This is especially so in Plateau, Benue, Niger, Kwara, Nassarawa, Taraba and Adamawa states.

“Yet, up until 20 years ago this was essentially a northern problem and it did not affect the south. Sadly, that has changed. It has now become a national plague that knows no boundaries and whose poison threatens to consume us all.

“In the last few years, the herdsmen have attacked, ravaged and pillaged many rural communities south of the River Niger and they have slaughtered and raped thousands of innocent people in the South-South, the South-East and the South-Western zones of our country,” Fani-Kayode wrote.

http://www.punchng.com/i-punch/odinkalu-fani-kayode-in-twitter-war-over-hate-speech/

7 Likes

Re: Odinkalu, Fani-kayode In Twitter War Over Hate Speech. by Onajevwe(m): 1:18pm On Oct 01, 2015
I'm with Prof. Odinkalu on this one. FFK was rash, emotional and divisive in his comments. Hate speech against an ethnic group because of some rotten eggs amongst them is unjustifiable.

Thank God we still have good men like Prof. CHIDI in Nigeria.

Happy Independence my people!!

cool

138 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Odinkalu, Fani-kayode In Twitter War Over Hate Speech. by sammyj: 1:21pm On Oct 01, 2015
FFK is Once a B*stard and will always be a B*stard wailer !!! angry

Does his stup*p views makes any sense when he and his corrupt cohorts during the last administration made statement that almost plunged the country into another civil war that would have lead to the death of millions of young people and women who would hAve been caught up in that mess. Making this kind of statement can cause another war which the common man will pay with their blood which FFK with dual citizenship might not even see or experience! !!

102 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Odinkalu, Fani-kayode In Twitter War Over Hate Speech. by zenith4biz(m): 1:28pm On Oct 01, 2015
Fulani HerdsMen Must Go

169 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Odinkalu, Fani-kayode In Twitter War Over Hate Speech. by patrick89(m): 1:29pm On Oct 01, 2015
I'm with fani kayode,,, odinkalu ga nodu ala!!

240 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Odinkalu, Fani-kayode In Twitter War Over Hate Speech. by lwise(m): 1:39pm On Oct 01, 2015
I'm very sure FFK,they've caused more damage than good.

[size=20pt]Lwise!!![/size]

176 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Odinkalu, Fani-kayode In Twitter War Over Hate Speech. by AnambraDota: 1:46pm On Oct 01, 2015
Odinkalu should go and die

156 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Odinkalu, Fani-kayode In Twitter War Over Hate Speech. by Dannyset(m): 1:49pm On Oct 01, 2015
And when prosecution is developed from this inciting speech of his now, it will be termed as witch hunting by those who don't really care about the SW, but just want to wail.
FFK talks with his Anus, always.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Odinkalu, Fani-kayode In Twitter War Over Hate Speech. by Cope1(m): 1:57pm On Oct 01, 2015
FFK is on spot on dis. I think bubu should cal his brothers to order.

127 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Odinkalu, Fani-kayode In Twitter War Over Hate Speech. by Obrigardo: 2:10pm On Oct 01, 2015
fanny cocaine didnt say this when gej was in corrupt-power. The people killed by these 'murderous fulani herdsmen' according to fanny cocaine in gej's time is tantamount to war crimes estimate. What makes me even the more surprised is photoland giving fanny cocaine an audience. That means i could smoke some weed, make some incoherent talks and photoland will take me right to the front page of space.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Odinkalu, Fani-kayode In Twitter War Over Hate Speech. by doublewisdom: 2:18pm On Oct 01, 2015
Chidi should Stfu! That's what you get when an Igbo man starts eating ewedu and co.

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Odinkalu, Fani-kayode In Twitter War Over Hate Speech. by themaskedman: 2:39pm On Oct 01, 2015
Who the hell is Chidi Odinkalu? Always sounding politically correct when Fulani are killing and murdering innocent villagers in their thousands. Odinkalu forgot that the Fulani right to move about stops where the right to live of others start.
These human rights agencies and activists can be stupid and paranoid at times.

108 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Odinkalu, Fani-kayode In Twitter War Over Hate Speech. by ProfessorPeter(m): 2:46pm On Oct 01, 2015
Onajevwe:
I'm with Prof. Odinkalu on this one. FFK was rash, emotional and divisive in his comments. Hate speech against an ethnic group because of some rotten eggs amongst them is unjustifiable.

Thank God we still have good men like Prof. CHIDI in Nigeria.

Happy Independence my people!!

cool
am in total support of what FFK wrote. An average Fulani is heartless, wicked and lawless. They can kill, maim, rape and destroy without provocation. The people in southern part of Nigeria must come together and fight this menace. If not we are doomed

144 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Odinkalu, Fani-kayode In Twitter War Over Hate Speech. by aare07(m): 2:55pm On Oct 01, 2015
Fundamental and effective agreements are to be reached to move both sections of the country. #brotherhoodisneededinnigeria.
I support both parties on this issue.

2 Likes

Re: Odinkalu, Fani-kayode In Twitter War Over Hate Speech. by Flashh: 2:56pm On Oct 01, 2015
Keeping quiet helps a lot.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Odinkalu, Fani-kayode In Twitter War Over Hate Speech. by Captainswag225(m): 2:56pm On Oct 01, 2015
FFk said the truth, those people are heartless and stuppid.

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Odinkalu, Fani-kayode In Twitter War Over Hate Speech. by azimibraun: 2:56pm On Oct 01, 2015
Two Buhari Haters Beefing.....
Re: Odinkalu, Fani-kayode In Twitter War Over Hate Speech. by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 01, 2015

According to the NHRC boss, it is not proper to ask Nigerians to leave a particular section of the country.

This odinkalu is very very silly, full time silly, he should go and call the police for me too.

FFK may be a running mouth, but sometimes he makes very valid points.

BTW, where was his yeye head when the oba made his own speech telling some 'Nigerians' to leave a certain section of the country.

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Odinkalu, Fani-kayode In Twitter War Over Hate Speech. by Nelkoko: 2:57pm On Oct 01, 2015
Had it been buhari kins man don eva kidnap dis odinkalu 4 1hr him 4 no open mouth yarn dust....y e b say pple wey dey bear kalu no get sense?..nnamdi kalu now odinkalu hiaaaan

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Odinkalu, Fani-kayode In Twitter War Over Hate Speech. by Orikinla(m): 2:57pm On Oct 01, 2015
zenith4biz:
[size=48pt]Fulani HerdsMen Must Go[/size]

1000Likes.

101 Likes 1 Share

Re: Odinkalu, Fani-kayode In Twitter War Over Hate Speech. by 69MissedCalls(m): 2:57pm On Oct 01, 2015
g
Re: Odinkalu, Fani-kayode In Twitter War Over Hate Speech. by chesterlee(m): 2:58pm On Oct 01, 2015
Prof Odinkanu should goan sit down...

Fulani people are killing Yorubas in mass and he's talking about Hate speech...SMH

Buhari should as a matter of urgent, call his brothers to order!!!

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Odinkalu, Fani-kayode In Twitter War Over Hate Speech. by Nobody: 2:58pm On Oct 01, 2015
Stuppedd old men abusing them stupped selves on Twitter.

They should be locked up and thrown in the wilderness
Re: Odinkalu, Fani-kayode In Twitter War Over Hate Speech. by Nobody: 2:58pm On Oct 01, 2015
undecided
Re: Odinkalu, Fani-kayode In Twitter War Over Hate Speech. by SeXistBaStaRd(m): 2:59pm On Oct 01, 2015
The internet isn't ready to Handle this undecided

1 Like

Re: Odinkalu, Fani-kayode In Twitter War Over Hate Speech. by luv2talk(m): 2:59pm On Oct 01, 2015
Prof Kalu is the only upright igbo man i know. Ive been telling people that cared to listen to ignore the cocaine sniffing FFK, His brain is no doubt running on a TIGER BATTERY that needs hot sun to function well. He spew trashes from his mouth when ever the mammy water looking bleached bitche he calls wife gives him BJ that remotely control his dead brain....

FFK deserves no attention from a reasonable person, Prof should ignore him pls undecided undecided

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Odinkalu, Fani-kayode In Twitter War Over Hate Speech. by Icecomrade: 2:59pm On Oct 01, 2015
Aside APC Tanoids whose hatred for FFK is well known, I don't expect any sane thinking person to disagree with with him.

FFK emphasis is on Fulani herdsmen and not the entire Fulani tribe.

If you follow the heinous activities of these Tse Tse flies in Benue, Nasarawa and Plateau you won't come to Nairaland page and rant Rubbish.

Anyone who comes on this page an call FFK all kind of names, I pray that Fulani herdsmen will visit your locality and your family.

The prayer above also goes to those who see this idio t as the only upright igbo man

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Odinkalu, Fani-kayode In Twitter War Over Hate Speech. by naijaboiy: 3:00pm On Oct 01, 2015
FFK is right although he didn't use his words well.

5 Likes

Re: Odinkalu, Fani-kayode In Twitter War Over Hate Speech. by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 01, 2015
#TEAMFFK grin grin grin grin

A SUPER FAN OF FFK ONLY ON THIS ISSUE! ITS TIME FOR THE HOME TRUTH

9 Likes

Re: Odinkalu, Fani-kayode In Twitter War Over Hate Speech. by Perfectwazobia: 3:00pm On Oct 01, 2015
FFK is right on this

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Osinbajo And Kumuyi Pictured At New Deeper Life Bible Church Auditorium In Lagos / Buhari Must Be Screened If He'll Be The Petroleum Minister - Senators / Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.