Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? (101429 Views)

Femi Falana And Wife, Funmi Falana At The Falz Experience All Loved Up (Photos) / Tosin Etomi With Funmi Wellington: Adesua's Brother & Banky W Brother Pictured / Funmi Iyanda Raises Her Skirts To Prove That She Is Not Bleaching (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 12:27pm On Oct 22, 2015
...still on the search
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 11:41am On Oct 31, 2015
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 31, 2015
i hope you find her eventually.

2 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by beright: 12:43pm On Oct 31, 2015
Funmi Adams! My favorite artiste in those good days when songs are worth listening to. I could dodge errand just to watch her on tv. I have noticed so much threads on her lately i hope we get news about her

4 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by harbeedaymee(f): 1:41pm On Oct 31, 2015
warrenweste:
Its another independence day celebration and 25 years after the lovely Album All we need is love was released by the great funmi adams and cbs sony records then way back 1990,even though the country has not improved much since the song was released but at least with the new govt now we are facing a new direction for greatness.

Her most famous song was Nigeria my beloved country

First Stanza
I know a lot about my country
I know a lot because I care;
I know a lot about the (pronounced der) people
I know a lot because I’m here.

Chorus:
Nigeria, my beloved country (pronounced and elongated as ‘be-loo-ved ‘)
Working together is the key
Nigeria, my beloved country, our future is you and me

Second Stanza
Land of iron, land of coal
Agriculture, oil and coal
They are assets that we own
Round the (pronounced as ‘der’) world, our name is known

Chorus:

Third Stanza
I know we have a great potential
To do more than just survive
Let’s build up our strength and pride
Trust in God to be our God

Chorus:

her other songs include

All we need is love

Mama

Omode o

ina gizon yake

Aha ye yaro

Nnem nnem nnemo

Omolasho

and so on

The Purpose of these thread is to try to uncover the mystery of funmi adams who seem to have disappeared without no trace for the past 23 years according to the executive producer ..Tunde alabi Hundeyin(Dudu music),so deep is her mystery that almost everybody that use to work for her then even couldn't trace her or were even no where to be found besides the producer Tunde akins and editor tunde obalana.
Is these how we will just let these beautiful songstress disappear with her works which inspired an entire nation with songs of unification on brotherhood,sisterhood and what it means to be patriotic.

N.B...Pls if you have any of her vhs/vcd pls signify so we can at least revive her works again (and pls forgive my typos) Thanks smiley

I feel the search for this lady should be suspended. Her case is just like that of the Lijadu Sisters. They suddenly vanished into oblivion too. Like someone said, it's either she is dead or she wants to live a quiet life and does not want to be found. Probably sh has health issues and she doesn't want her problem to be made public. If people who worked closely with her during her time in the limelight can say they don't know her whererabout, it means she wants to maintain a private life. Let's allow sleeping dogs lie wink wink wink

5 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 4:05pm On Oct 31, 2015
harbeedaymee:

I feel the search for this lady should be suspended. Her case is just like that of the Lijadu Sisters. They suddenly vanished into oblivion too. Like someone said, it's either she is dead or she wants to live a quiet life and does not want to be found. Probably sh has health issues and she doesn't want her problem to be made public. If people who worked closely with her during her time in the limelight can say they don't know her whererabout, it means she wants to maintain a private life. Let's allow sleeping dogs lie wink wink wink

The lijadu sisters are very much alive and they are in Germany the case of funmi adams is mysterious because her disappearance even shocked her producer and the entire team and a search party has already been sent to look for the professor who is her best friend patiently waiting for the outcome before dumping the research,and the search team is more particular about getting her All we need is love videos since her case appear more spiritual than physical smiley

4 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 7:02pm On Oct 31, 2015
beright:
Funmi Adams! My favorite artiste in those good days when songs are worth listening to. I could dodge errand just to watch her on tv. I have noticed so much threads on her lately i hope we get news about her

Thanks we are hopeful to smiley
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 7:02pm On Oct 31, 2015
sexybaby22:
i hope you find her eventually.

Thanks
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by baralatie(m): 8:22pm On Oct 31, 2015
have you put it into consideration,she does not want to be found?
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 5:55pm On Nov 17, 2015
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by RedRiver(m): 6:37pm On Nov 17, 2015
op. Your interest in finding Funmi Adams is now becoming an interesting topic. You have sustained this tread and topic and have gone to so much lengths to uncover her. Why her and why are you looking for her. If you find her, then what next? Most musicians of her generation seem to have all vanished. Have you opened a tread for Veno Marioghe, Dizzy k Falola, Oby onyioha etc.

I understand you really enjoyed her songs then, i did too. Do you really want her to respond to you and say here i am? Give her a reason for her to see you and she will come out, if she is still alive. Mind you she must be quite elderly now and wont be seeking attention no more

2 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Kam0007: 7:44pm On Nov 17, 2015
@OP YOUR RELENTLESS EFFORTS IN UNCOVERING THE WHEREABOUTS OF OUR DEARLY BELOVED FUNMI IS COMMENDABLE. YOU HAVE GONE FAR AND NEAR SINCE THIS SEARCH BEGAN BACK IN 2008. BUT ONE THING IS MOST CERTAIN HOWEVER, THAT IF FUNMI AIN'T DEAD OR DISAPPEARED OVER BERMUDA TRIANGLE, OUR FUNMI WILL MOST DEFINITELY WANT TO BE FOUND AND WILL SURELY COME OUT ONE DAY AND GIVE US GOOFY GRINS AS WE REUNITE AGAIN. SO LET'S KEEP THE SEARCH ON.

IN THE MEANTIME, LET'S HOPE AND PRAY SHE'S HAPPY WHEREVER SHE IS.

...AND FUNMI, HERE'S TO YOU. THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 12:53am On Nov 19, 2015
RedRiver:
op. Your interest in finding Funmi Adams is now becoming an interesting topic. You have sustained this tread and topic and have gone to so much lengths to uncover her. Why her and why are you looking for her. If you find her, then what next? Most musicians of her generation seem to have all vanished. Have you opened a tread for Veno Marioghe, Dizzy k Falola, Oby onyioha etc.

I understand you really enjoyed her songs then, i did too. Do you really want her to respond to you and say here i am? Give her a reason for her to see you and she will come out, if she is still alive. Mind you she must be quite elderly now and wont be seeking attention no more

veno is in france and shes very much alive the way funmi disappeared shocked the entire crew from the executive producer to the producer to the cameraman and saxophonist i have done an extensive research on her and her case seems more spiritual than physical...we just wanna knw if she alive or not if she died when and also the cause? she never granted any interview which is really weird and strange or maybe she did no one knows,no autobiography or anything...many old nta staffs i mailed and interviewed either ignore or just tell me they will get back to me which they never did..we are simply looking for few answers here...first is she alive or dead ...doe any one of them have her clean clear videos...i have even negotiated with one German RARE music collector to help me inquire from the CBS sales rep he gt the scarce funmi vinyl record then to see if they have the music videos so we can at least convert it an share it with the world..we are more particular about getting her videos

9 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 12:53am On Nov 19, 2015
Kam0007:
@OP YOUR RELENTLESS EFFORTS IN UNCOVERING THE WHEREABOUTS OF OUR DEARLY BELOVED FUNMI IS COMMENDABLE. YOU HAVE GONE FAR AND NEAR SINCE THIS SEARCH BEGAN BACK IN 2008. BUT ONE THING IS MOST CERTAIN HOWEVER, THAT IF FUNMI AIN'T DEAD OR DISAPPEARED OVER BERMUDA TRIANGLE, OUR FUNMI WILL MOST DEFINITELY WANT TO BE FOUND AND WILL SURELY COME OUT ONE DAY AND GIVE US GOOFY GRINS AS WE REUNITE AGAIN. SO LET'S KEEP THE SEARCH ON.

IN THE MEANTIME, LET'S HOPE AND PRAY SHE'S HAPPY WHEREVER SHE IS.

...AND FUNMI, HERE'S TO YOU. THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES.

Thanks bro smiley

2 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by OCTAVO: 8:05pm On Nov 22, 2015
warrenweste:

veno is in france and shes very much alive the way funmi disappeared shocked the entire crew from the executive producer to the producer to the cameraman and saxophonist i have done an extensive research on her and her case seems more spiritual than physical...we just wanna knw if she alive or not if she died when and also the cause? she never granted any interview which is really weird and strange or maybe she did no one knows,no autobiography or anything...many old nta staffs i mailed and interviewed either ignore or just tell me they will get back to me which they never did..we are simply looking for few answers here...first is she alive or dead ...doe any one of them have her clean clear videos...i have even negotiated with one German RARE music collector to help me inquire from the CBS sales rep he gt the scarce funmi vinyl record then to see if they have the music videos so we can at least convert it an share it with the world..we are more particular about getting her videos
Her disappearance is simply mysterious. I personally gave up when I realised this. How come she's not traceable? Like she doesn't have family members? No one knows her state of origin. She sang in the three major Nigerian Languages (which is very rare in Nigeria music industry). People who sang much older songs still have their videos in circulation. Very few people are concerned and passionate about her works.

8 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 11:08pm On Nov 22, 2015
OCTAVO:

Her disappearance is simply spiritual. I personally gave up when I realised this. How come she's not traceable? Like she doesn't have family members? No one knows her state of origin. She sang in the three major Nigerian Languages (which is very rare in Nigeria music industry). People who sang much older songs still have their videos in circulation. Very few people are concerned and passionate about her works.

Infact d thing tire me...and yea for singing fluently in 3different languages its rare and very odd infact its heavily spiritual.....do you know I and the search party have once had nightmares concerning these?? That's why am relaxing a bit about these.... Once we get the video we relax. And forget the search the video is the main thing we searching for now

4 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by OCTAVO: 11:37pm On Nov 22, 2015
warrenweste:

Infact d thing tire me...and yea for singing fluently in 3different languages its rare and very odd infact its heavily spiritual..... do you know I and the search party have once had nightmares concerning these?? That's why am relaxing a bit about these.... Once we get the video we relax. And forget the search the video is the main thing we searching for now
Lolzzzzz... I'll rather keep mute at the part in bold. I wish we can get through to the Prof that produced her songs.
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 11:43pm On Nov 22, 2015
OCTAVO:

Lolzzzzz... I'll rather keep mute at the part in bold. I wish we can get through to the Prof that produced her songs.

embarassed yea weird dreams n nitemares thats why we chilling a bit n taking it easy.... The professor is the next in line most of my peeps in the US are always busy and don't have time yet to ho hunt for the retired professor... Will hunt for more clues online

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 12:34pm On Dec 09, 2015
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 9:10pm On Dec 27, 2015
update coming soon..

2 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by OCTAVO: 10:15pm On Dec 27, 2015
warrenweste:
update coming soon..
Really?
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 10:27am On Dec 28, 2015
OCTAVO:

Really?

yea the university where professor eugba worked replied my mail telling me hes retired but will contact him and get back to me,plus i also met someone online who was part of the kings college team and was in the nigeria my beloved country's video and he said he also lived at 1005 flat and know a little about funmi,am also still waiting to hear from him...as soon as its complied will update the thread

5 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by aribs(m): 8:23pm On Dec 31, 2015
Anyway I can help you guys solve the mystery? Its unbelievable she dropped off the face of the earth just like that. I seem to remember in her "Mama" video she featured an older woman who looked very much like her.
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 9:39pm On Jan 01, 2016
aribs:
Anyway I can help you guys solve the mystery? Its unbelievable she dropped off the face of the earth just like that. I seem to remember in her "Mama" video she featured an older woman who looked very much like her.

Happy New year bro and your welcome on board,am sure that woman was her mother though nt sure,if you can help us uncover her video we would be more than happy
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by tundeope: 3:36pm On Jan 08, 2016
Maybe she was an akudaya(someone who had died somewhere before ). So when she was discovered or about to be discovered, she vanished

2 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 10:42pm On Jan 19, 2016
tundeope:
Maybe she was an akudaya(someone who had died somewhere before ). So when she was discovered or about to be discovered, she vanished

Just getting your message now,you are nt far from the truth it cant be ruled ou,t she could be,shes more mysterious than Harley's comet embarassed

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by rite2salas(m): 5:26am On Jan 21, 2016
Hey guys,
I came back home to Lagos in Dec and was able to rummage through our old pile of cassette that's been in storage for about 20 years and found this treasure. I'll send this off to the best place to convert VHS to digital quality and upload to youtube. I was first person to put up "Nigeria my Beloved Country" on youtube smiley.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by OCTAVO: 8:44am On Jan 21, 2016
rite2salas:
Hey guys,
I came back home to Lagos in Dec and was able to rummage through our old pile of cassette that's been in storage for about 20 years and found this treasure. I'll send this off to the best place to convert VHS to digital quality and upload to youtube. I was first person to put up "Nigeria my Beloved Country" on youtube smiley.
Good job bro. We are anxiously waiting...

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 11:21pm On Jan 24, 2016
rite2salas:
Hey guys,

Yay i remember you ,have been looking for you for years now..from mailing you on youtube to your rite2salas email address have mailed u tons of times cos i remember u said u gt the complete CD of funmi adams then...nice to hear from you now pls kindly convert the video and also if u still have the Cd pls let us knw...hoping to hear from you soon smiley

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 12:59pm On Jan 27, 2016
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 1:36am On Jan 30, 2016
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 8:30pm On Feb 12, 2016

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Roman Goddess Exposes Don Jazzy & Other Big Guys Waiting In Line In Her DM / Cossy Orjiakor And Roman Goddess Compare Massive Boobs. See Who Wins(video, Pic) / Patience Oseni Is Dead! Battled Stroke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.