Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,481 members, 7,781,434 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:21 PM

The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? - Celebrities (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? (100888 Views)

Femi Falana And Wife, Funmi Falana At The Falz Experience All Loved Up (Photos) / Tosin Etomi With Funmi Wellington: Adesua's Brother & Banky W Brother Pictured / Funmi Iyanda Raises Her Skirts To Prove That She Is Not Bleaching (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by ccffwx: 10:01pm On Sep 29, 2019
I'm still interested in meeting Funmi Adams just to say, 'thank you'. I would also like to have the original videos of her songs. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by nlPoster: 10:43pm On Sep 29, 2019
Oh God, not again.

She's been found, can you people stop updating this thread or can a moderator lock it please.

Just going round in circles all the time.
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Nezero(m): 9:02am On Sep 30, 2019
ireti123:
I followed this thread from way back, and as October 1 draws near again thoughts of her songs play through my mind as we use to watch them on TV on Children's Day(May 27), Independence Day(October 1), and Sundays.

Kudos to the OP and everyone that have contributed in one way or the other to this cause. Thank you warrenweste, OCTAVO, nezero, gist..., nbb....

Here we are in the future pictured then and still searching for the "LEADERS OF TOMORROW".

While we have not improved relatively much as a society, we should remember to honour our HEROES PAST. She is one!

Through this thread we know where she is in the world, those she worked with, where she use to live, where she use to worship, ...., M most likely she prefer to stay off public eyes cos the Nigeria of her dream wasn't forthcoming, and we can access some of her songs online.

I wish a Presidential delegate can decorate her with a worthy National honour there is Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and aired live on National TV. She deserves it!

This is possible the social media of today.

Happy Independence in advance. We will get there someday!

Amen. Hello everyone!
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 11:20am On Sep 30, 2019
nairalandposter:
Oh God, not again.

She's been found, can you people stop updating this thread or can a moderator lock it please.

and why would the moderator lock it for what? people can update it anyhow they want you can ignore or unfollow if you want

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by zamanii: 1:04pm On Sep 30, 2019
warrenweste:

and why would the moderator lock it for what? people can update it anyhow they want you can ignore or unfollow if you want

Bro, is it true she's been found? if so, kindly link me to the post containing the details
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by nlPoster: 3:29pm On Sep 30, 2019
warrenweste:

Which part of she's been located do you not understand?

So stop updating if you have nothing to add.

It's spam at this point.

You've been locating someone who is in plain sight and who people have verified seeing, for four years since the thread was opened?

It's possible she is not Nigerian and returned to her own country, you people should let her be and give us a break also.

Her videos are on youtube, check them and leave her private persona alone. I also listened to her impressive music but I don't search for her all over the place especially when it's clear she wants to be private.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by makizee(m): 2:24pm On Oct 01, 2019
nairalandposter:

Which part of she's been located do you not understand?

So stop updating if you have nothing to add.

It's spam at this point.

You've been locating someone who is in plain sight and who people have verified seeing, for four years since the thread was opened?

It's possible she is not Nigerian and returned to her own country, you people should let her be and give us a break also.

Her videos are on youtube, check them and leave her private persona alone. I also listened to her impressive music but I don't search for her all over the place especially when it's clear she wants to be private.

But still, no need to lock it, even after all these years, it would be nice to have her interviewed but I wouldn't hold my breath since it's apparent she prefers not to be bothered.. So I just spent the past few hours going through this thread in between watching her videos on YouTube and all. She truly did inspire a generation of young Nigerians that grew up in the 80's to the mid 90's. Unfortunately Nigeria, the country she had so much love for seems to have forgotten her, her songs are evergreen, the Nostalgia I felt watching those videos is indescribable, even as Old man wey I be now, it instantly took me back to an 8 year old boy.. What prompted me to even Google the song is this advert Stv has been using to celebrate this contraption 59 years anniversary. It would be nice if she could be interviewed sha.. Would love to hear her thoughts on so many issues.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Olumyyde(m): 11:05pm On Oct 01, 2019
warrenweste:

I wonder, live n let live.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by nlPoster: 11:18pm On Oct 01, 2019
makizee:

But still, no need to lock it, even after all these years, it would be nice to have her interviewed but I wouldn't hold my breath since it's apparent she prefers not to be bothered.. So I just spent the past few hours going through this thread in between watching her videos on YouTube and all. She truly did inspire a generation of young Nigerians that grew up in the 80's to the mid 90's. Unfortunately Nigeria, the country she had so much love for seems to have forgotten her, her songs are evergreen, the Nostalgia I felt watching those videos is indescribable, even as Old man wey I be now, it instantly took me back to an 8 year old boy.. What prompted me to even Google the song is this advert Stv has been using to celebrate this contraption 59 years anniversary. It would be nice if she could be interviewed sha.. Would love to hear her thoughts on so many issues.

There were many musicians who inspired Nigerians, we recognize them all. The country is known for great music.

The thread should be locked, it's been four years now, she prefers her privacy, end of story.

It is not necessary to keep bumping this topic.

A blog or website could also be opened for the matter.

This op warrenwest was quoted in a news or blog article on this same issue, I think it's been broadcast on multiple social medias that people want to see Funmi Adams and know where she is. Since there is no response from anyone besides some people who said they see her regularly, then the thread has run it's course in my opinion.

Here's another newspaper mentioning her:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/03/31/where-are-they-now/
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by nlPoster: 11:24pm On Oct 01, 2019
Just listen to her music on youtube or wherever it's available, and let her be.

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by kennyaiyepe: 3:02pm On Mar 31, 2020
Wow! I’m Amazed and daunted at the strides people
Who value Funmi Adams took in her search. May God bless you all. She’s left an indelible mark in my childhood which has shaped the person I am today. May God be with you Madam (Funmi Adams)

3 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by ofemigeorge(m): 7:50am On Apr 30, 2020
nlPoster:
Oh God, not again.

I read your comment about funmi. Are you serious she's neen found. Pls can tou tell me where she is? Also do you why she just disappeared like that after so many hit songs. I appreciate your reply
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by ofemigeorge(m): 8:48am On Apr 30, 2020
warrenweste:

Yes it was more than 4hours ,he called me for over 3hours and i called back to

lets hope they see the video in the store
Did he see the videos undecided
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by ofemigeorge(m): 9:04am On Apr 30, 2020
I remebered the first time i heard her song....
It was oct 1 while sleeping in my dreams i saw children sing in an angelic voice. It was livid. I so joyful. I opened my eyes due to the sweetness of the song. It was nigeria my beloved country....played by someone radio from a far distance. It radiated all the way from there to our house. I was like who is this person singing like this ....saw my (late now)dad just standing by the window. He too listening and looking into the distance

4 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Treash(m): 2:56pm On May 09, 2020
The best Nigeria song ever. I miss her.

2 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by suze(f): 9:33pm On May 22, 2020
This thread took me back to my childhood days..I really wish we can have recent pics and videos of aunty Funmi.. God bless her

2 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by mtngloetiartel: 10:40pm On Jun 13, 2020
Ta! That is a taboo!
shadrach77:
She's probably dead
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by mtngloetiartel: 10:42pm On Jun 13, 2020
ikorodureporta:

Hey, dnt say that. She is married to an evangelist, now Funmi Aragbaiye & both of them are running their ministry 'somewhere' in S/W.....u all shld know that age is non longer on their side..

I like her classics too- 'letter Ayo'
you are an idiot for joking with this issue.

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by vwvw(m): 1:39pm On Aug 22, 2020
What an amazing thread my man-I had to dig up this thread, there was a show(Music and Moments) on Nigeria Info 99.33 FM this morning, and Funmi Adam's song was played-pure nostalgia. .I'm going to convince Sammy and Ifeanyi to do a special on her next week Friday or Saturday. OP It will be an honour if you kindly DM @aghoghooboh on twitter

2 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by tundeope: 11:26am On Oct 08, 2020
Can someone please help us look for this her song "Omo o omo o ma romo serere
Omo o omo o ma romo serere
Bina baku o, aferu boju
Bogede Ku o
Omo e ropo
Eni omo sin loni omo ni le aye
Edumare funmi lomo o
Omo tope ye
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by tundeope: 11:31am On Oct 08, 2020
She did the song earlier before those other ones you guys have posted. Nta used to show the video then. She was even younger in the video than in Nigeria my beloved country

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by mercy87(f): 11:58am On Oct 10, 2020
During this SARS protest I remember Funmi Adams' Nigeria my beloved country. God bless you ma'am wherever you are. I love you. I love Nigeria. Oh how I things will change. How I wish a revolution will happen through this SARs protest.
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 12:19pm On Oct 10, 2020
tundeope:
Can someone please help us look for this her song "Omo o omo o ma romo serere
Omo o omo o ma romo serere
Bina baku o, aferu boju
Bogede Ku o
Omo e ropo
Eni omo sin loni omo ni le aye
Edumare funmi lomo o
Omo tope ye

Roseline ogunro sang these not funmi Adams

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Deejaygold(m): 7:13am On Oct 13, 2020
Here is the link to Funmi Adams songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHVo0bbmFho

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by GoodMuyis(m): 3:20pm On Oct 13, 2020
mercy87:
During this SARS protest I remember Funmi Adams' Nigeria my beloved country. God bless you ma'am wherever you are. I love you. I love Nigeria. Oh how I things will change. How I wish a revolution will happen through this SARs protest.

Am [you] not the only one in the ecstasy. the song has being looping since morning on my laptop

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by mayor1814: 6:36pm On Oct 13, 2020
Funmi Adams and Edna Ogholi gave us good songs back then.

3 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Deejaygold(m): 2:48pm On Feb 19, 2021
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by sharpwriter(m): 11:24pm On Apr 08, 2021
warrenweste:

Infact d thing tire me...and yea for singing fluently in 3different languages its rare and very odd infact its heavily spiritual.....do you know I and the search party have once had nightmares concerning these?? That's why am relaxing a bit about these.... Once we get the video we relax. And forget the search the video is the main thing we searching for now
Lol... Bros, you dey resilient o. Thanks to God that you are still here in 2021. So how far about the search?

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Skepticus: 12:09am On Apr 09, 2021
sharpwriter:

Lol... Bros, you dey resilient o. Thanks to God that you are still here in 2021. So how far about the search?

I'm curious too.

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by sharpwriter(m): 9:44am On Apr 09, 2021
FisifunKododada:

So you can be this sensible - I thought your madness was hopeless.

Lolz... Exact words in my mind as I was going through this thread. I didn't know you have done justice to it. Seems NwaAmaikpe also have emotions grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by georgee(m): 12:46pm On Apr 09, 2021
Aunty Funmi

2 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by OCTAVO: 1:49pm On Apr 09, 2021
How can we contact Mr Adebiyi Adebowale? smiley cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

P'square: Peter And Paul Okoye Split Finally (Details Of The Breakup) / Mike Godson And An Actress In Unclad Photos / Nigerian Celebrities Who Look Beautiful Without Makeup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.