Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,066 members, 7,807,196 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? - Celebrities (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? (101401 Views)

Femi Falana And Wife, Funmi Falana At The Falz Experience All Loved Up (Photos) / Tosin Etomi With Funmi Wellington: Adesua's Brother & Banky W Brother Pictured / Funmi Iyanda Raises Her Skirts To Prove That She Is Not Bleaching (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 6:21pm On Apr 09, 2021
OCTAVO:
How can we contact Mr Adebiyi Adebowale? smiley cheesy

Very big question
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Nezero(m): 7:24pm On Apr 16, 2021
Good evening everyone. Glad we are still here. May God bless our families.

3 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by petitejolie(f): 11:40pm On Aug 03, 2021
KemjikaEme:
I hope she is found. I once tried conducting an online search on her but didn't get any substantive information.
Her song ''Nigeria My beloved country was a beautiful anthem in my childhood days. It made me feel patrotic and proud of Nigeria....can't say the same nowadays.
Anyway,who knows the Singer and title of this oldie - 'Egwu Egwu Igbo amaka, Omalicha nwa bia tewa la m egwu? I've been searching for this song.
I'm earnestly waiting for a response,thank you.
onyeka owenu
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Inspirelove: 8:32am On Sep 30, 2021
warrenweste:

Infact d thing tire me...and yea for singing fluently in 3different languages its rare and very odd infact its heavily spiritual.....do you know I and the search party have once had nightmares concerning these?? That's why am relaxing a bit about these.... Once we get the video we relax. And forget the search the video is the main thing we searching for now

Some people are here as Angels to show us a path to follow and they simply disappear with no trace when their assignment is done. she might be one of them... her songs were strong on unity and oneness of this country. if we could adopt her I love my country as part of our National Anthem, her dream would have been fulfilled. my opinion though.

2 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Charmingrascal(m): 11:22am On Sep 30, 2021
ikorodureporta:

Hey, dnt say that. She is married to an evangelist, now Funmi Aragbaiye & both of them are running their ministry 'somewhere' in S/W.....u all shld know that age is non longer on their side..

I like her classics too- 'letter Ayo'

This is how you misinform people with unverified news.

Aragbaye ko Aragborun ni

5 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Nezero(m): 12:58am On Oct 01, 2021
Greetings Comrades.

Shout-out to Octavo , Warrenweste.

I remember this page again. kiss

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Nezero(m): 1:04am On Oct 01, 2021
OCTAVO:
How can we contact Mr Adebiyi Adebowale? smiley cheesy

Please who is he sir, and what would we get from him?

I ran the name on nairaland search
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Jubal01: 7:45pm On Mar 03, 2022
Has the search ended?

2 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Rinoxy: 6:48am On Apr 04, 2022
Hello all, what's happening?
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jul 09, 2022
I'm just hearing of her for the first time.
I hope she's fine wherever she is.

2 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by ilyasom(m): 8:52pm On Aug 14, 2022
Hi has she been found? We need updates

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Melonsmasher: 4:50pm On Sep 16, 2022
How come this legend has no profile on Wikipedia, when alot of useless Nigerian celebrities already have??

5 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 1:56am On Oct 30, 2022
hello guys,been a while here going through some comments on youtube i was told aunty funmi is in a particular homeless shelter in Pittsburgh pa,the person declined to give out her email and phone no and even replied 3 years after i asked for more info though he later mentioned the exact homeless shelter she is,so sad that such a legend could abandon everything here and end up in a shelter sad
cc..octavo, georgee,LordofWar, Mattin,Nezero

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by ccffwx: 5:38am On Oct 30, 2022
warrenweste:
hello guys,been a while here going through some comments on youtube i was told aunty funmi is in a particular homeless shelter in Pittsburgh pa,the person declined to give out her email and phone no and even replied 3 years after i asked for more info though he later mentioned the exact homeless shelter she is,so sad that such a legend could abandon everything here and end up in a shelter sad

How can we verify this and reach out to her? Many people would love to help her.
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by georgee(m): 7:44am On Oct 30, 2022
warrenweste:

Wow... If this true, then I'm saddened
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Nezero(m): 9:10am On Oct 30, 2022
cry cry It is not easy to cope with regular life after fame and fortune.

We will keep her in our prayers while we can also raise a GoFundMe for her

warrenweste:
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by aribs(m): 4:57am On Oct 31, 2022
Hard to takeā€¦. Her going into reclusion is so hard especially in a society that encourages privacy such as this. I hope there is still a chance she can be drawn out of seclusion. She is a national treasure

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by chiefdebo(m): 6:49am On Nov 26, 2022
Hello I am ADEBIYI ADEBOWALE,there has been a long search on/about FUNMI ADAMS but all to no avail.Neither do I have detailed infos about her.I wish her peace and love wherever she may be.

2 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Faheem02: 5:57am On Mar 13, 2023
Hello everyone, my name is Faheem and I am new to nairaland. I am a Gen Z but I seem to have a huge admiration for the oldies tunes, I like Miss Funmi Adams music a lot and I do hope she's safe and sound wherever she is. We could still keep up with the search for her whereabouts just to make her feel remembered hopefully if she's still alive, but if we find out that she is dead which I hope not, then let's find a way to pay a big tribute to her with regards to what she did for Nigeria through her great music. Please take care and stay safe everyone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by ddjay: 2:16pm On Mar 18, 2023
Whats the update, any news about funmi adams octavo adebiyi faheem02 chiefdebo etc
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Faheem02: 10:51pm On Mar 19, 2023
ddjay:
Whats the update, any news about funmi adams octavo adebiyi faheem02 chiefdebo etc
Hi there, I had recently signed into a website called 'Instant Checkmate' and found this:
It only showed her date birth and age but nothing else. But I am pretty sure that this is her at Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA.

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by ddjay: 12:28am On Mar 20, 2023
Faheem02:
Hi there, I had recently signed into a website called 'Instant Checkmate' and found this:
It only showed her date birth and age but nothing else. But I am pretty sure that this is her at Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA.
OK thanks
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Faheem02: 5:18am On Mar 20, 2023
ddjay:

OK thanks
You're welcome, hopefully we shall find more clues very soon. I sort of feel very confident that she is still out there despite it being 30+ years since her disappearance.

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Ishilove: 11:02am On Mar 20, 2023
Faheem02:
You're welcome, hopefully we shall find more clues very soon. I sort of feel very confident that she is still out there despite it being 30+ years since her disappearance.
Supposing she doesn't want to be found?
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by georgee(m): 12:54pm On Mar 20, 2023
Ishilove:

Maybe undecided
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by sageb: 1:35pm On Mar 20, 2023
Ishilove:
Funmi Adams and Edna Ogholi's songs top music charts back then. Presently, Edna lives in France.

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by ShaqFu: 4:27pm On Mar 20, 2023
Ishilove:

What about her family members? Shouldn't they be spare heading the search for her?
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Faheem02: 9:07pm On Mar 20, 2023
Ishilove:
We will find a way, but it will be hard for sure.
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Faheem02: 9:10pm On Mar 20, 2023
Ishilove:

We will find a way, but it will be hard for sure.
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Faheem02: 9:12pm On Mar 20, 2023
ShaqFu:
What about her family members? Shouldn't they be spare heading the search for her?
This is a good question, although we do not know anything about her family members due to the fact that she was a very private person during her career.
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Doyinlykdodo(m): 9:32pm On Mar 20, 2023
I heard she is related to late chief gani fawehinmi
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by ShaqFu: 10:02pm On Mar 20, 2023
Faheem02:
This is a good question, although we do not know anything about her family members due to the fact that she was a very private person during her career.
even with this, I'm sure the record label she was signed to at that time will have a little bit of her bio data, so all it should take is try to contact them...

PS: Is she missing?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS! Chinedu Ikedieze And Osita Iheme Involved In Auto-crash. / Roman Goddess Exposes Don Jazzy & Other Big Guys Waiting In Line In Her DM / Cossy Orjiakor And Roman Goddess Compare Massive Boobs. See Who Wins(video, Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.