Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,234 members, 7,807,779 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? - Celebrities (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? (101425 Views)

Femi Falana And Wife, Funmi Falana At The Falz Experience All Loved Up (Photos) / Tosin Etomi With Funmi Wellington: Adesua's Brother & Banky W Brother Pictured / Funmi Iyanda Raises Her Skirts To Prove That She Is Not Bleaching (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by shadrach77: 8:02pm On Jul 08, 2017
GossipHeart:

She's childless actually

If she hadn't been found since the 90s how did you then get to know she is childless ?

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by shadrach77: 8:09pm On Jul 08, 2017
For those who are still intent on going on the wild goose chase to find Funmi Adams, click on this Facebook link below. The lady is based in the UK, bears the same name and looks very much like her. Best of luck!

Most likely she's the one. The resemblance is so strong

https://www.facebook.com/funmi.adams.33
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by idris4eva(m): 8:32pm On Jul 08, 2017
New song dropping soon by the great Urban(e)Brotherhood featuring Funmi Adams. Stay put and blessed good people .........

These one of her post of her Facebook page

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by GossipHeart(m): 8:34pm On Jul 08, 2017
shadrach77:

If she hadn't been found since the 90s how did you then get to know she is childless ?

Ask me again

Haven't been found since the 90's ?? Did she disappear from the face of the Earth ??

Since the 90's ?? She performed in Lagos in 2010

Maybe the people who couldn't find her are dumb people like you

She's childless, how do i know ?? Because I'm not retardéd

4 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Nezero(m): 8:34pm On Jul 08, 2017
shadrach77:
For those who are still intent on going on the wild goose chase to find Funmi Adams, click on this Facebook link below. The lady is based in the UK, bears the same name and looks very much like her. Best of luck!

Lol. Our Funmi Adams in US based, not UK

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Nezero(m): 8:35pm On Jul 08, 2017
idris4eva:
New song dropping soon by the great Urban(e)Brotherhood featuring Funmi Adams. Stay put and blessed good people .........

These one of her post of her Facebook page

Sounds legit
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by GossipHeart(m): 8:35pm On Jul 08, 2017
LifestyleTonite:
I didn't know it will pain you.

gringringrin

Pain me ??

A Nairaland comment would pain me ??

How old are you ??

2 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by LifestyleTonite: 8:41pm On Jul 08, 2017
GossipHeart:

Pain me ??
A Nairaland comment would pain me ??
How old are you ??
A year old.
are you going to help us or not?

2 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by GossipHeart(m): 8:43pm On Jul 08, 2017
LifestyleTonite:
A year old.

are you going to help us or not?

Help you ??

Yeah, when you pay me $1 million

Lol

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by KemjikaEme: 8:44pm On Jul 08, 2017
I hope she is found. I once tried conducting an online search on her but didn't get any substantive information.
Her song ''Nigeria My beloved country was a beautiful anthem in my childhood days. It made me feel patrotic and proud of Nigeria....can't say the same nowadays.
Anyway,who knows the Singer and title of this oldie - 'Egwu Egwu Igbo amaka, Omalicha nwa bia tewa la m egwu? I've been searching for this song.
I'm earnestly waiting for a response,thank you.

4 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by saltoftheearth: 8:44pm On Jul 08, 2017
"aiye yaro....ai ye ne ba .....whatever. i loved that her song

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by LifestyleTonite: 8:49pm On Jul 08, 2017
GossipHeart:

Help you ??
Yeah, when you pay me $1 million
Lol
I was right after all.
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Ishilove: 8:49pm On Jul 08, 2017
warrenweste:
meanwhile my cousin just uploaded the crappy version we converted courtesy of deejaygold,deblow and i
here is the youtube link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utQY5luWtBU
Oh dear, the memories this has brought back. Thanks for sharing cry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by adaksbullet: 8:51pm On Jul 08, 2017
Funmi gani Adams oshemole? I'm no WHR she his leaved smiley

She his leaved on amstadarm, UK london cool

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by malaria(f): 8:56pm On Jul 08, 2017
KemjikaEme:
I hope she is found. I once tried conducting an online search on her but didn't get any substantive information.
Her song ''Nigeria My beloved country was a beautiful anthem in my childhood days. It made me feel patrotic and proud of Nigeria....can't say the same nowadays.
Anyway,who knows the Singer and title of this oldie - 'Egwu Egwu Igbo amaka, Omalicha nwa bia tewa la m egwu? I've been searching for this song.
I'm earnestly waiting for a response,thank you.
Chai better song. You go ask rstv dey sabi play am wella
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by shadrach77: 8:59pm On Jul 08, 2017
Nezero:

Lol. Our Funmi Adams in US based, not UK

You don't know her whereabouts yet you know where she is based. That's strange
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by MrPresident1: 9:00pm On Jul 08, 2017
warrenweste:
even though the country has not improved much since the song was released but at least with the new govt now we are facing the direction of greatness

Op, how far with the bolded? shocked

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by joyAA(f): 9:02pm On Jul 08, 2017
Aunty Funmi I love you kiss cry

3 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Ishilove: 9:03pm On Jul 08, 2017
Lyoncrescent:
I contacted Professor euba via mail. Even he has no idea where she is but he reckons she probably lives in the USA. Email exchange below:

FUNMI ADAMS INQUIRY
Inbox
x

Ademola Adedeji
12:15 PM (9 hours ago)

to aeuba
Hi,

I am a big fan of your work and i know you did some work with funmi adams in the 80s. Myself and some young ones born in the 80s created an online thread on the whereabouts of funmi adams. The thread can be visited on https://www.nairaland.com/2636772/hunt-funmi-adams-1-updated

We will be grateful if you can shed some light on her recent whereabouts and her career as no one seems to have seen or heard from funmi adams for decades.

Thank you sir.

Olatunji Akin Euba
6:56 PM (3 hours ago)

to me
Iam sorry I have no information on Funmi Adams.She lived in
Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania and probably still does, where I live, but I have
not heard from or seen her for some years.
Akin Euba

Akin Euba, Ph.D.
Andrew W. Mellon Professor Emeritus of Music,
University of Pittsburgh, USA
And this is the end of the mystery.
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by shadrach77: 9:04pm On Jul 08, 2017
GossipHeart:

Ask me again

Haven't been found since the 90's ?? Did she disappear from the face of the Earth ??

Since the 90's ?? She performed in Lagos in 2010

Maybe the people who couldn't find her are dumb people like you

She's childless, how do i know ?? Because I'm not retardéd

Everyone on the forum can see who the retard is amongst the two of us. You are not a relative to someone yet you know she is childless. Arindin!
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by mbhs139(m): 9:05pm On Jul 08, 2017
warrenweste:

yea the university where professor eugba worked replied my mail telling me hes retired but will contact him and get back to me,plus i also met someone online who was part of the kings college team and was in the nigeria my beloved country's video and he said he also lived at 1005 flat and know a little about funmi,am also still waiting to hear from him...as soon as its complied will update the thread

I was part of the videos, "Nigeria my beloved country" and "all we need is love".

I think there was a similar thread I gave vivid description of possible ways of searching for Aunty Funmi Adams, specifically at the National Council for Arts and Culture, Iganmu, that is if they are still there.

There's someone that just came to mind now, who I'm going to get in touch with.

7 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by mbhs139(m): 9:09pm On Jul 08, 2017
Ishilove:

And this is the end of the mystery.

Like I said up there, let's not loose hope yet. I will get in touch with Aunty in London and revert back to you.

We did the songs I referred to up there when I was in primary five, now I'm a masters degree holder, with two kids; that tells you how long it's been.

7 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by GossipHeart(m): 9:11pm On Jul 08, 2017
LifestyleTonite:
I was right after all.

Yeah

Exactly

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by jnrbayano(m): 9:13pm On Jul 08, 2017
I have 3 of her songs..

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by GossipHeart(m): 9:13pm On Jul 08, 2017
shadrach77:

Everyone on the forum can see who the retard is amongst the two of us. You are not a relative to someone yet you know she is childless. Arindin!

Am i Buhari's relative ?? But i know everything about him

Am i Ojukwu's relative ?? But I l know everything about him

Were you born on the highway because that's where most accidents do happen

You're retardéd if you don't know that someone's public information, where they lived, how old they are, their criminal records, their court records, everything about them can be accessed by anyone in the USA, oh i forgot you live in a third world country

gay

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by 99foxxy(f): 9:16pm On Jul 08, 2017
Who is funmi I adams?
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 9:21pm On Jul 08, 2017
GossipHeart:

Dude, she's the Funmi Adams you guys have been looking for

Over here, you can't just walk into people's home even if they're your parents or relatives

Believe me, if there's any serious importance of you guys wanting to know her whereabouts, i would waste my time and go have a chat with her and maybe get her pictures

But she may want some privacy or disconnect from old friends or something like that and she doesn't want anyone disturbing her

Pls tell us more...and where are you located to?
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jul 08, 2017
#downloaded and on RP. Thanks OP #sweetchildhoodmemories

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Ishilove: 9:23pm On Jul 08, 2017
mbhs139:

Like I said up there, let's not loose hope yet. I will get in touch with Aunty in London and revert back to you.

We did the songs I referred to up there when I was in primary five, now I'm a masters degree holder, with two kids; that tells you how long it's been.
Thanks. Can you remember the specific year?
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by shadrach77: 9:25pm On Jul 08, 2017
GossipHeart:

Am i Buhari's relative ?? But i know everything about him

Am i Ojukwu's relative ?? But I l know everything about him

Were you born on the highway because that's where most accidents do happen

You're retardéd if you don't know that someone's public information, where they lived, how old they are, their criminal records, their court records, everything about them can be accessed by anyone in the USA, oh i forgot you live in a third world country

gay

You must be a wizard to know the part of the world I stay and to know that I'm gay. No need to argue with a fool like you cry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 9:28pm On Jul 08, 2017
shadrach77:

Thats not her,have mailed that woman before

2 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by mbhs139(m): 9:30pm On Jul 08, 2017
Ishilove:

Thanks. Can you remember the specific year?

The first time we performed the song was on May 29th 1989, at the National Theatre, Iganmu, on Children's day, with the then Head of State's daughter, Halima Babangida. Then we did the video sometimes in 1990. One of the shot was taken at Prince Jide Adeniyi's house at Anthony Village. Prince Jide was a music promoter, he owns POATSON.

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Roman Goddess Exposes Don Jazzy & Other Big Guys Waiting In Line In Her DM / Cossy Orjiakor And Roman Goddess Compare Massive Boobs. See Who Wins(video, Pic) / Patience Oseni Is Dead! Battled Stroke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.