Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,780 members, 7,802,410 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:53 PM

What Are Your Unspoken Sentiments And Aspirations As Regards Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are Your Unspoken Sentiments And Aspirations As Regards Marriage? (5932 Views)

Davido May Have Finally Learnt His Lesson As Regards Having Unprotected S*x / 10 Unspoken Bro Codes All Men Need To Know And Follow / Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Your Unspoken Sentiments And Aspirations As Regards Marriage? by Nobody: 12:25am On Oct 02, 2015
By societal dictates,most if not all of us are expected to get married,and someway somehow it unconsciously creeps in and settles in our psyche right from the infantile yrs that once we're grown up,we should start making plans for marriage.....At the age of thirteen, it's common to hear a mother telling her daughter.."is this what u'll do in ur husband's house?"..."You need to learn how to cook if u want to be a good wife" stuffs like that..The guys are taught early enough that they are to be d head and breadwinner of the family...And so,7 out of 10 children grow up planning to get married as a matter of necessity...When girls graduate from school,they assume the next step is marriage....
But I do believe that a good number of us have some unspoken sentiments about marriage. For me,there was a time in my life when I thought getting married is pointless coz I thought of it as a boring union...I didn't see why d society should frown at an unmarried 40yr old woman...Some others simply feel they are just not cut out for marriage....
Over to u,Naira landers,what are ur unspoken sentiments and aspirations in marriage....Feel free to air ur views..All the Mr nd Mrs Anonymous,air ur views.
For me,though,I've gotten over those sentiments.... When I think of marriage,I think of building a happy nd loving home..think of myself as the woman that's solidly going 2 be behind her husband on his way to the top..friend and confidant to my spouse nd kids,being able to raise intelligent,beautiful, smart nd obedient kids...Lol,I've got lots n lots of fantasies..
Whatchya gotta say?
Must everybody get married?
Must every couple produce kids of their own?
Must u indulge ur in laws at all times?..Views needed.

#Philosopjer Quëën#

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Unspoken Sentiments And Aspirations As Regards Marriage? by Nobody: 12:29am On Oct 02, 2015
I'll hit it first grin...I personally don't believe in marriage tats y I am happily single til now. Not all of us has it's own soulmates..marriage is too complicated for me to handle tats y I stay away.

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Unspoken Sentiments And Aspirations As Regards Marriage? by yomi007k(m): 1:14am On Oct 02, 2015
Don't believe in marriage either, I think its over rated.

A broke a.ss dude who can't fend for himself is pushed by society 2 get his life savings and start living a mediocre life.

He's all tied up psychologically becos he is now "a family man"

I wana be a lot of things,successful,rich,happy,young.. But not too sure marriage is gonna give me all that.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Unspoken Sentiments And Aspirations As Regards Marriage? by scribble: 3:52am On Oct 02, 2015
KashyBaby:
I'll hit it first grin...I personally don't believe in marriage tats y I am happily single til now. Not all of us has it's own soulmates..marriage is too complicated for me to handle tats y I stay away.

There's nothing complicated about your man smashing broads. Just a jealousy gene that used to be dormant and which Hollywood has made to come alive.

Hollywood will make romantic comedies and Disney princess flicks that make women think monogamy and romance are the Holy grail off relationships, and at the same time be the leading cause of divorce in the world.

Some people don't even bother to get married. They get divorced from the idea of marriage itself first. Which is a great disservice to yourself because marriage brings a kind of companionship every one should enjoy.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Unspoken Sentiments And Aspirations As Regards Marriage? by khassy(m): 4:41am On Oct 02, 2015
nothing gives me more creeps than always waking up to the realization that I'll one day have to get married... mehn it's one thing I've always dreaded to think about crycry

BTW today's my mums birthday

can I get some likes crycrycry

7 Likes

Re: What Are Your Unspoken Sentiments And Aspirations As Regards Marriage? by Nobody: 5:16am On Oct 02, 2015
Oohhh don't quote & preach me as if u know everything. I stand what I believe in..I don't care of movie flicks ur talking abt & I don't believe tat a person will be happy if he/ she has companion,so juz tell ur views to those who thinks tat relevant ..
scribble:

There's nothing complicated about your man smashing broads. Just a jealousy gene that used to be dormant and which Hollywood has made to come alive.

Hollywood will make romantic comedies and Disney princess flicks that make women think monogamy and romance are the Holy grail off relationships, and at the same time be the leading cause of divorce in the world.

Some people don't even bother to get married. They get divorced from the idea of marriage itself first. Which is a great disservice to yourself because marriage brings a kind of companionship every one should enjoy.

5 Likes

Re: What Are Your Unspoken Sentiments And Aspirations As Regards Marriage? by Nobody: 5:43am On Oct 02, 2015
Easier said than done,when the op hits her late 30's & not yet married,her overrated would turn to underrated.

No matter whom you are & what ever you've achieved in life,you still would wish you married to a man.

Even the likes of Oprah Gail Winfrey would say;in her next life to come,she wouldn't do such a mistake again... Meanwhile she is forming Odeshi,while she is regretting & crying in silent.

If i hear say Genevieve Nnaji no dey pray for husband to come

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Unspoken Sentiments And Aspirations As Regards Marriage? by pet4ril(f): 6:06am On Oct 02, 2015
KashyBaby:
hmmmmmm am short of words... are you a Nigerian, and how old are you? I think these questions will go a long way in solving this problem
Re: What Are Your Unspoken Sentiments And Aspirations As Regards Marriage? by Nobody: 6:19am On Oct 02, 2015
Marriage is beautiful if and only if you find the one you truly love, cherish, respect and adore. He or she has to share in your life visions and aspirations too. Your heart can never lie to you when you see that person.

There might be trials or disagreements but the above will keep you going.

Time to get my day started.

Cheers and nice topic @OP

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Unspoken Sentiments And Aspirations As Regards Marriage? by englishmart(m): 6:23am On Oct 02, 2015
he who finds a wife finds a good thing

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Unspoken Sentiments And Aspirations As Regards Marriage? by Nobody: 6:33am On Oct 02, 2015
Let the married people tell us....the next poster below me maybe married
Re: What Are Your Unspoken Sentiments And Aspirations As Regards Marriage? by Nobody: 7:50am On Oct 02, 2015
scribble:

Everyone "should" enjoy...U're implicitly setting an objective standard...These are subjective matters, I bliv. Perhaps d companionship doesn't make up 4 a host of other things certain individuals can't put up with in marriage.
Re: What Are Your Unspoken Sentiments And Aspirations As Regards Marriage? by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 02, 2015
sauceny:
Easier said than done,when the op hits her late 30's & not yet married,her overrated would turn to underrated.

No matter whom you are & what ever you've achieved in life,you still would wish you married to a man.

Even the likes of Oprah Gail Winfrey would say;in her next life to come,she wouldn't do such a mistake again... Meanwhile she is forming Odeshi,while she is regretting & crying in silent.

If i hear say Genevieve Nnaji no dey pray for husband to come
You can't know 4 certain. They probably love their lives just the way it is.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Unspoken Sentiments And Aspirations As Regards Marriage? by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 02, 2015
Oliviaarims:

You can't know 4 certain. They probably love hate their lives just the way it is.
Re: What Are Your Unspoken Sentiments And Aspirations As Regards Marriage? by jmoore(m): 8:17am On Oct 02, 2015
Marriage is beautiful. Can't wait smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNwwZ56xz8A
Re: What Are Your Unspoken Sentiments And Aspirations As Regards Marriage? by Nobody: 8:33am On Oct 02, 2015
sauceny:

Lol..
Re: What Are Your Unspoken Sentiments And Aspirations As Regards Marriage? by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 02, 2015
I wanna get married,have my children and also see my grandchildren smiley cheesy...

To be successful in life is very good bt life will nt be complete for me,if I don't hv my own sweet family kiss.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Unspoken Sentiments And Aspirations As Regards Marriage? by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 02, 2015
I think for a lot of people, the scariest thing about marriage is the 'forever' of it. The finality in the vows we often hear on TV that read "Will you...for long as you both shall live?" are almost sinister in undertone - its scary. I wonder how people feel comfortable uttering such lofty, irrational 'promises' to each other in the supposed presence of a deity. I mean, the words themselves seem less from a God and more from the ink of a bleeding heart romantic nursing gut-wrenching feelings of unrequited love with an alternate imagination of reality the likes of which only hard liquor (the usual culprit of "to infinity!"/"would that it were" idealist thinking) could inspire.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are Your Unspoken Sentiments And Aspirations As Regards Marriage? by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 02, 2015
Oliviaarims:

Lol..

Your case go soon turn to the recent oregon campus massacre if you no accept my marriage proposal now tongue
Re: What Are Your Unspoken Sentiments And Aspirations As Regards Marriage? by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 02, 2015
Marriage is bliss when you're with the right person. Although there will be challenges, it's only a test of love which makes you stronger.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Unspoken Sentiments And Aspirations As Regards Marriage? by IamLEGEND1: 9:27am On Oct 02, 2015
I dey craze ?

with all the multitude of yanshes out there waiting to be sampled,why would i willingly chain myself to one hoe....

going to be balling solo for life

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Unspoken Sentiments And Aspirations As Regards Marriage? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 02, 2015
sauceny:

Your case go soon turn to the recent oregon campus massacre if you no accept my marriage proposal now tongue
Oya,propose....
Re: What Are Your Unspoken Sentiments And Aspirations As Regards Marriage? by fullstreets: 1:28pm On Oct 02, 2015
I don't believe in it. Jus imagine if Mother Teresa had focus all her attention on one very hot orphan. Who wud av known her today?

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Unspoken Sentiments And Aspirations As Regards Marriage? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 02, 2015
Oliviaarims:

Oya,propose....

I can't propose online,preferably would wanna do it presently before you.
Re: What Are Your Unspoken Sentiments And Aspirations As Regards Marriage? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Oct 02, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:
I think for a lot of people, the scariest thing about marriage is the 'forever' of it. The finality in the vows we often hear on TV that read "Will you...for long as you both shall live?" are almost sinister in undertone - its scary. I wonder how people feel comfortable uttering such lofty, irrational 'promises' to each other in the supposed presence of a deity. I mean, the words themselves seem less from a God and more from the ink of a bleeding heart romantic nursing gut-wrenching feelings of unrequited love with an alternate imagination of reality the likes of which only hard liquor (the usual culprit of "to infinity!"/"would that it were" idealist thinking) could inspire.
Yeaa...I always wondered too..Vows used to sound to me like they contain undertones of threat

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Unspoken Sentiments And Aspirations As Regards Marriage? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Oct 02, 2015
IamLEGEND1:
I dey craze ?

with all the multitude of yanshes out there waiting to be sampled,why would i willingly chain myself to one hoe....

going to be balling solo for life

Hmm....
Re: What Are Your Unspoken Sentiments And Aspirations As Regards Marriage? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Oct 02, 2015
fullstreets:
I don't believe in it. Jus imagine if Mother Teresa had focus all her attention on one very hot orphan. Who wud av known her today?
Lol..wah could u possibly mean by "hot" orphan?

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Unspoken Sentiments And Aspirations As Regards Marriage? by IamLEGEND1: 6:52pm On Oct 02, 2015
Oliviaarims:
Hmm....
warriz it honey, cat got ur tongue?
speak jor....
no dey do hmmmmmm
Re: What Are Your Unspoken Sentiments And Aspirations As Regards Marriage? by fullstreets: 7:54pm On Oct 02, 2015
Oliviaarims:

Lol..wah could u possibly mean by "hot" orphan?
If I ever marry, d woman must be hot. But I believe I can do more by offering myself for d gud of more women. M lyk Mother Teresa, generous wit my di.....

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Unspoken Sentiments And Aspirations As Regards Marriage? by naijaboiy: 10:48pm On Oct 02, 2015
Well I like the union of marriage and all that comes with it.

Asides that I need an offspring to continuity while i'm gone. Don't tell me that I can still get children even without getting married. That,to me is a stùpid act.

I'd rather get married to a woman and have kids with her legally.

That's my own sentiment.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Unspoken Sentiments And Aspirations As Regards Marriage? by Johnnoah1st: 2:17am On Oct 03, 2015
KashyBaby:
abeg park 4 one side, u better post ur number here 4 potential suitor if its dat u dont find a husband instead of typing out of frustration hence discouraging sensible people dat want to marry cus wat u wrote here is altimate bullshitt and baseless without any reasonable criteria to back it up.
Re: What Are Your Unspoken Sentiments And Aspirations As Regards Marriage? by Johnnoah1st: 2:18am On Oct 03, 2015
naijaboiy:
Well I like the union of marriage and all that comes with it.

Asides that I need an offspring to continuity while i'm gone. Don't tell me that I can still get children even without getting married. That,to me is a stùpid act.

I'd rather get married to a woman and have kids with her legally.

That's my own sentiment.
who asked u 4 d story of ur life? bullshitt!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Winners Of The First Ever 'most Beautiful Vagina Contest' Announced / When Your Boyfriend Calls And You Say You're With Your Friend(photo) / How i was Disgraced because of Sex - Twitter User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.