Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

Pastor Arraigned For Defrauding Church Members In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Pastor Arraigned For Defrauding Church Members In Lagos (15005 Views)

Benjamin Peters: Policeman Dismissed, Arraigned For Killing Corper Igwetu Linda / ‘fetish’ Pastors Arrested For Defrauding And Sexually Abusing Members (pic) / Lagos Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members  (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Arraigned For Defrauding Church Members In Lagos by morereb10: 9:58am On Oct 02, 2015
The Lagos State Police Command has arraigned one Pastor David Oladele before an Ebute-Meta Magistrate’s Court for allegedly defrauding his members of millions in car deals.

The pastor, along with others at large, allegedly defrauded six people by failing to remit profits from selling their cars, and issuing them dud cheques.

The vehicles that were obtained allegedly under false pretences included one Toyota Highlander, one Toyota pickup van, one Honda Odyssey, one Nissan Muraino and one Acura 3.2.

The police said the accused was given the vehicles to sell, but diverted the money into his personal accounts.

Oladele also allegedly issued cheques to two persons, which were dishonoured by his bank.

The defendant was arraigned on nine counts of stealing.

The charges read in part, “That you, Pastor David Oladele, and others now at large, between October 2014 and January 2015, at Ipaja, Lagos, in the Lagos Magisterial District, did conspire among yourselves to commit felony to wit; obtaining money under false pretences and stealing, and thereby committed an offence punishable under Section 409 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State of Nigeria, 2011.”

He pleaded not guilty to all the charges and his defence counsel tendered an application for bail

The magistrate, N. A. Layeni, granted the defendant bail in the sum of N1m with two sureties in like sum.

The magistrate said one of the sureties must be a blood relation, one must be a landed property owner, and both must have evidence of tax payments.

The case was adjourned till October 7, 2015.

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/pastor-arraigned-for-defrauding-church-members/

1 Share

Re: Pastor Arraigned For Defrauding Church Members In Lagos by adedayourt(m): 10:00am On Oct 02, 2015
Gulibility of some xtain is out of this planet undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Arraigned For Defrauding Church Members In Lagos by tuoyoojo(m): 10:23am On Oct 02, 2015
Ok
It is really sad to see greedy men who disguise as pastors who drag God's sacred name to the mud.

People like this make people suspect genuine men of God. Well am not surprised because its all signs of the end

I hope the greedy man serves the maximum jail term

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Arraigned For Defrauding Church Members In Lagos by SUPAMODE: 10:23am On Oct 02, 2015
nawa

1 Share

Re: Pastor Arraigned For Defrauding Church Members In Lagos by kolomax(m): 10:23am On Oct 02, 2015
Waiting for E-warriors to say something about this

1 Like

Re: Pastor Arraigned For Defrauding Church Members In Lagos by Ndkings1(m): 10:23am On Oct 02, 2015
Nna mennn 3rd to comment no be small tin for the first time since wey i join nairaland 6years ago.

Just one day i knw say i go mek am to FTC
i dedicate this space to airtel for providin fast network 3.5G

1 Like

Re: Pastor Arraigned For Defrauding Church Members In Lagos by tupacshakur(m): 10:24am On Oct 02, 2015
The difference between the accused and pastoral businessmen like Oyedepo and Adeboye is "Smarts".

He was not smart enough.

To the accused and all aspiring church businessmen out there, I recommend this book, "The excelling gift for the building up of the church" by Witness Lee.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Arraigned For Defrauding Church Members In Lagos by eazysmiles: 10:24am On Oct 02, 2015
na today?

Abeg leave the man jooo. Even the best of them would do the same. It's their calling grin

1 Like

Re: Pastor Arraigned For Defrauding Church Members In Lagos by TeamSimple(m): 10:24am On Oct 02, 2015
Pastors, Raping and scamming Nigerians since the time of ajayi crowther.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Arraigned For Defrauding Church Members In Lagos by micklplus(m): 10:24am On Oct 02, 2015
Some pastors ehn.
Trust no man except yourself.
Pastors are human like you, don't deposit your live into their hands.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Arraigned For Defrauding Church Members In Lagos by neocortex: 10:24am On Oct 02, 2015
Pastors and fraud are synonymous.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Arraigned For Defrauding Church Members In Lagos by goodlifehyd(m): 10:25am On Oct 02, 2015
Been seeing alot of negative news about pastors on NL and am so surprised our Muslim brothers haven't termed it "Christians are bad" like some people on here prefer to paint all Muslims black cuz of the actions of a selected few. It is well

NB i am a proud and devoted christian.

13 Likes

Re: Pastor Arraigned For Defrauding Church Members In Lagos by Republlican(f): 10:25am On Oct 02, 2015
Desperate times comes desperate measures wink
Re: Pastor Arraigned For Defrauding Church Members In Lagos by cold(m): 10:25am On Oct 02, 2015
Another day,another god of men indulging in sharp practices. Again i ask,where are the 'true Christians'?
Re: Pastor Arraigned For Defrauding Church Members In Lagos by Donkaz(m): 10:25am On Oct 02, 2015
Na wa o

I don't know why some so-called pastors are just out to spoil the reputation of genuine pastors.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Arraigned For Defrauding Church Members In Lagos by passionate88: 10:25am On Oct 02, 2015
fake pastors. everywhere you go

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Arraigned For Defrauding Church Members In Lagos by samuel900(m): 10:25am On Oct 02, 2015
Dis days?
Re: Pastor Arraigned For Defrauding Church Members In Lagos by allanphash7(m): 10:25am On Oct 02, 2015
Pastor wey wake up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Arraigned For Defrauding Church Members In Lagos by neocortex: 10:25am On Oct 02, 2015
cold:
Another day,another god of men indulging in sharp practices. Again i ask,where are the 'true Christians'?
In the book of fantasy.
Re: Pastor Arraigned For Defrauding Church Members In Lagos by Babangida70(m): 10:25am On Oct 02, 2015
!the hustle is real grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pastor Arraigned For Defrauding Church Members In Lagos by yorobana: 10:26am On Oct 02, 2015
jail him straight now , abi
Re: Pastor Arraigned For Defrauding Church Members In Lagos by fireforfire: 10:26am On Oct 02, 2015
veery discouraging for those in his ch.urch
Re: Pastor Arraigned For Defrauding Church Members In Lagos by 69MissedCalls(m): 10:27am On Oct 02, 2015
na new thing? pastors are business men like you and I

btw my igbo brodas are on break today grin

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Arraigned For Defrauding Church Members In Lagos by hotice01: 10:28am On Oct 02, 2015
well never involve sentiments or religion in business.Business is business,it's strictly financial.
Re: Pastor Arraigned For Defrauding Church Members In Lagos by afuye(m): 10:29am On Oct 02, 2015
Some people will never learn that pastors are humans like us not saints sent from from heaven or the awaited ministerial list
Re: Pastor Arraigned For Defrauding Church Members In Lagos by TeamSimple(m): 10:29am On Oct 02, 2015
passionate88:
fake pastors. everywhere you go
They are not Fake as you qualify them,they are your shepherds,the anointed ones as u choose to call them. Don't try to seperate the man's evil from his religion.
Re: Pastor Arraigned For Defrauding Church Members In Lagos by Timoleon(m): 10:29am On Oct 02, 2015
And God dey watch as people dey destroy the one true religion! or is it just our imagination?
Re: Pastor Arraigned For Defrauding Church Members In Lagos by aragran1: 10:29am On Oct 02, 2015
Re: Pastor Arraigned For Defrauding Church Members In Lagos by DjAndroid: 10:29am On Oct 02, 2015
I only came in to check the pastor's name.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Arraigned For Defrauding Church Members In Lagos by adjoviomole(m): 10:30am On Oct 02, 2015
cold:

Visit any of The Apostolic Faith church to find dem.
Re: Pastor Arraigned For Defrauding Church Members In Lagos by front247: 10:30am On Oct 02, 2015
Right from 1960, pastors have been playing on the gullibility of members
Re: Pastor Arraigned For Defrauding Church Members In Lagos by seangy4konji: 10:30am On Oct 02, 2015
Man must eat...

Only God know who deh serve am.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Soldiers Enforcing Curfew Kill 62-Year-Old Enugu Electrician / Dgeneral: Things You Should Know About NDLEA And Drug Control / EFCC Arrests Six Internet Fraudsters In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.