Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

Ex-petroleum Minister, Diezani Alison-madueke, Arrested In London - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-petroleum Minister, Diezani Alison-madueke, Arrested In London (832 Views)

Diezani Alison-Madueke Released On Bail - TVC News / Diezani Alison-madueke, Arrested In London - Premium Times / Diezani Alison-madueke’s Neighbours Relieved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-petroleum Minister, Diezani Alison-madueke, Arrested In London by KORLAR(m): 5:25pm On Oct 02, 2015
The immediate past Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke, was on Friday arrested in London, PREMIUM TIMES can exclusively and authoritatively report.
The former minister, who was one of the most powerful officials of the President Goodluck Jonathan administration, was arrested Friday morning alongside four other people by the British law enforcement agency.
The identities of the four other people arrested along with her could be immediately ascertained.
PREMIUM TIMES learnt she was arrested for offences related to bribery and corruption being investigated by the UK National Crime Agency.
Two top British officials in London have however confirmed the development to this newspaper. They requested not to be named because they have no permission to speak on the issue.
The British High Commission in Nigeria confirmed that some arrests were made Friday but declined to disclose the identities of those involved.
Joseph Abuku, Press and Public Affairs Officer, said, “This morning, five people between the ages of 21 and 60 were arrested on suspicion of bribery and corruption offences. The crimes are being investigated by the National Crime Agency.
“The National Crime Agency does not confirm identity at arrest nor provide information that could be used to corroborate the identity of an arrested individual.”
It is not clear whether the former minister was arrested based on request from the Nigerian government.
President Muhammadu Buhari had on September 27 hinted that those who misappropriated billions of naira belonging to Nigeria’s state oil company NNPC, would soon be prosecuted.
Mr. Buhari said at a meeting with President Xi Jinping of China in New York that his administration was determined to fully sanitize Nigeria’s oil industry and make it totally free of corruption and shady deals.
The President did not, however, say how soon the prosecutions would start or if indeed investigations had been concluded and whether culpable individuals had been identified.
The NNPC under the immediate past administration of President Goodluck Jonathan was involved in several shady deals, many of which have been cancelled by the present government.
However, Mrs. Alison-Madueke, accused of several corrupt dealings, has stayed away from Nigeria since Mr. Buhari was sworn-in as president.

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/190933-breaking-ex-petroleum-minister-diezani-alison-madueke-arrested-in-london.html
Re: Ex-petroleum Minister, Diezani Alison-madueke, Arrested In London by INTROVERT(f): 5:25pm On Oct 02, 2015
I need the sauce before I comment
Re: Ex-petroleum Minister, Diezani Alison-madueke, Arrested In London by Sappyman(m): 5:26pm On Oct 02, 2015
If this is true, then it is a welcome development. Again, I hope the clueless president from one town in Otueke will be arrested too.
Re: Ex-petroleum Minister, Diezani Alison-madueke, Arrested In London by Abbeyme: 5:28pm On Oct 02, 2015
Change is here
Re: Ex-petroleum Minister, Diezani Alison-madueke, Arrested In London by 9niceguy(m): 5:29pm On Oct 02, 2015
Surulere
Re: Ex-petroleum Minister, Diezani Alison-madueke, Arrested In London by hassan85(m): 5:30pm On Oct 02, 2015
If this is true eh! GOWD! PdpWIl soon release statement sighting 1984 Abdullahi Dikko Crate adoption o. Saraki confirm the ministers quickly pls. Our Attony General has alot of work waiting to attend to. MADUAKE will be the next at CCT after saraki
Re: Ex-petroleum Minister, Diezani Alison-madueke, Arrested In London by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 02, 2015
hmmm
Re: Ex-petroleum Minister, Diezani Alison-madueke, Arrested In London by bettercreature(m): 5:31pm On Oct 02, 2015
I dont trust my eyes
Re: Ex-petroleum Minister, Diezani Alison-madueke, Arrested In London by tbaba1234: 5:32pm On Oct 02, 2015
Let them try her in the UK...
Re: Ex-petroleum Minister, Diezani Alison-madueke, Arrested In London by dustmalik: 5:38pm On Oct 02, 2015
tbaba1234:
Let them try her in the UK...
I'd prefer that, too. I don't trust our judiciary.
Re: Ex-petroleum Minister, Diezani Alison-madueke, Arrested In London by hassan85(m): 5:39pm On Oct 02, 2015
INTROVERT:
I need the sauce before I comment
source is dia already. D tin is premium times use to lie sometimes so one cant realy say which is
Re: Ex-petroleum Minister, Diezani Alison-madueke, Arrested In London by olaric(m): 5:39pm On Oct 02, 2015
I wonder for what offence.
Re: Ex-petroleum Minister, Diezani Alison-madueke, Arrested In London by tbaba1234: 5:40pm On Oct 02, 2015
olaric:
I wonder for what offence.

It is written in the article..
Re: Ex-petroleum Minister, Diezani Alison-madueke, Arrested In London by jomoh: 5:41pm On Oct 02, 2015
Re: Ex-petroleum Minister, Diezani Alison-madueke, Arrested In London by feedthenation(m): 5:42pm On Oct 02, 2015
2nd October 2015

The National Crime Agency’s recently formed International Corruption Unit has arrested five people across London as part of an investigation into suspected bribery and money laundering offences.

http://www.nationalcrimeagency.gov.uk/index.php/news-media/nca-news/718-international-corruption-unit-arrests
Re: Ex-petroleum Minister, Diezani Alison-madueke, Arrested In London by Corevalue(m): 5:42pm On Oct 02, 2015
Re: Ex-petroleum Minister, Diezani Alison-madueke, Arrested In London by delishpot: 6:34pm On Oct 02, 2015
Phweeeeew phweeeeeew!

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu, Atiku Under Pressure To Leave APC? - Thenews.ng / Take A Look At Our Inspector General Of Police, What Can You See? / Cnn Investigates Why Buhari Dump 182m Alliburton Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.