Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,509 members, 7,801,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:06 PM

Kickstarter Or Immobilizer? Please Assist... - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Kickstarter Or Immobilizer? Please Assist... (4201 Views)

Get Free Vin Check Contact +234-806-036-5068 / Programming Of Immobilizer Key / Immobilizer Flashing On Dashboard- Honda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kickstarter Or Immobilizer? Please Assist... by d33types: 9:07am On Oct 03, 2015
My Honda accord 97 suddenly started making a click sound whenever I try to start it.it eventually starts if I remove and fix the battery terminal a couple times..
Then just before it kicks to life, the security /immobilizer light comes..

My autoelect says I should prep for a new Kickstarter but I think it may be security related.. Any pointers for me....?

Thanks gurus
Re: Kickstarter Or Immobilizer? Please Assist... by kablooee: 9:12am On Oct 03, 2015
Starter motor. Your vehicle will still crank properly if you have immobilizer issue with your vehicle. So replace starter motor (kick starter)
Re: Kickstarter Or Immobilizer? Please Assist... by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:32pm On Oct 03, 2015
Start by ensuring you have good batt terminal that are not leaking current
Re: Kickstarter Or Immobilizer? Please Assist... by DECOtech(m): 3:27pm On Oct 03, 2015
well said.
Re: Kickstarter Or Immobilizer? Please Assist... by mayor2013: 8:11pm On Oct 03, 2015
d33types:
My Honda accord 97 suddenly started making a click sound whenever I try to start it.it eventually starts if I remove and fix the battery terminal a couple times..

My autoelect says I should prep for a new Kickstarter but I think it may be security related.. Any pointers for me....?

Thanks gurus

Starter motor on its way out
Re: Kickstarter Or Immobilizer? Please Assist... by d33types: 11:17am On Oct 05, 2015
Thanks y'all ..am off to work on the kick starter motor .My terminals are tight
Re: Kickstarter Or Immobilizer? Please Assist... by fanex: 12:13pm On Oct 05, 2015
Scan am shapaly

Re: Kickstarter Or Immobilizer? Please Assist... by billy187(m): 8:03am On Oct 06, 2015
d33types:
Thanks y'all ..am off to work on the kick starter motor .My terminals are tight
I had a similiar problem a week ago...it ended up being the starter's wires to the terminal being frayed....fixed it up in 10 mins and now everythings golden
Re: Kickstarter Or Immobilizer? Please Assist... by earthrealm(m): 9:21am On Oct 06, 2015
fanex:
Scan am shapaly

this man!!...no be every issue scanning dey detect na...haba!
am beginning to suspect u

1 Like

Re: Kickstarter Or Immobilizer? Please Assist... by fanex: 9:28am On Oct 06, 2015
my man dont suspect us o. we are fully legit.

as long as its software related, our upto date LAUNCH IV will find it. it will even find faults that is yet to fully materialized. the issue is people buy 10k scanners and expect it to do the job of a 400k scanner.

earthrealm:

this man!!...no be every issue scanning dey detect na...haba!
am beginning to suspect u

Re: Kickstarter Or Immobilizer? Please Assist... by adanny01(m): 11:27am On Oct 06, 2015
d33types:

Thanks gurus

Your kick starter is bad but mechanics are too selfish. The part of the kickstarter that is commonly responsible for its failure is the BRUSHES. See pix below.

It will take less than 20mins to repair that kick starter. Without these brushes, the kickstarter will never rotate. If it is worn it starts misbehaving sometimes working and sometimes not. It actually makes contact with the armature commutator but if it is worn out, too short or dusty it wont make contact and no starting.

The unfortunate thing is that most mechanics will not repair it, they choose to make you buy another one which when you do, the failed one will be useless to you and then you may leave it behind. Thats when the really profit by changing the brushes and selling to another customer as toks and taking his own while they make so much money in the round process. They do the same thing with power steering pumps, cooling fans, central lock etc

Re: Kickstarter Or Immobilizer? Please Assist... by d33types: 8:49pm On Oct 07, 2015
Whoa... I changed the positive battery terminal connector and issue was solved.. I discovered it was very corroded ...thanks ever helpful Nairalanders ...

I hope others learn from me.
Re: Kickstarter Or Immobilizer? Please Assist... by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:50pm On Oct 07, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Start by ensuring you have good batt terminal that are not leaking current

d33types:
Whoa... I changed the positive battery terminal connector and issue was solved.. I discovered it was very corroded ...thanks ever helpful Nairalanders ...

Send origin to +23480232xxxxx

1 Like

Re: Kickstarter Or Immobilizer? Please Assist... by adanny01(m): 12:07am On Oct 08, 2015
d33types:

If that was the case, then your initial observation was incomplete.

This is because corroded battery terminals makes the kick starter click quite sure but you will see your lights on the instrument cluster flicker off and on again. Sometimes resetting your clock and radio settings. If you had noticed this and reported your solution would have given long ago.

Anyways, be more observant next time and report correctly.
Re: Kickstarter Or Immobilizer? Please Assist... by d33types: 7:26am On Oct 08, 2015
adanny01:

If that was the case, then your initial observation was incomplete.

This is because corroded battery terminals makes the kick starter click quite sure but you will see your lights on the instrument cluster flicker off and on again. Sometimes resetting your clock and radio settings. If you had noticed this and reported your solution would have given long ago.

Anyways, be more observant next time and report correctly.

Sorry sir ,,my only when I remove and connect the battery terminal does the clock and radio settings reset.
Funny , when I kicked the engine and it fails, nothing would work again(like there's no battery, no dashboard lights, no single signal) till I reset the terminal.
Re: Kickstarter Or Immobilizer? Please Assist... by d33types: 7:27am On Oct 08, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Send origin to +23480232xxxxx

tongue tongue grin grin
Re: Kickstarter Or Immobilizer? Please Assist... by adanny01(m): 8:40am On Oct 08, 2015
d33types:

Sorry sir ,,my only when I remove and connect the battery terminal does the clock and radio settings reset.
Funny , when I kicked the engine and it fails, nothing would work again(like there's no battery, no dashboard lights, no single signal) till I reset the terminal.

Exactly what am saying.

The bolded part is what you didnt say initially. You just said kick starter clicks. Every detail is important.
Re: Kickstarter Or Immobilizer? Please Assist... by d33types: 9:03am On Oct 08, 2015
adanny01:

Exactly what am saying.

The bolded part is what you didnt say initially. You just said kick starter clicks. Every detail is important.

wink
Re: Kickstarter Or Immobilizer? Please Assist... by Tonnypatech: 5:34pm On Nov 27, 2016
I think i have thesame problem. I disconnectes my security because sone frequent failure in the startup of my honda car.

I made two stops and my strater was working. Now on the third stop it refusd to start, making crocking sound i dont understand. My strter is just two months old.

What could be the poblem?
Re: Kickstarter Or Immobilizer? Please Assist... by Praxtech: 5:17pm On Jan 02, 2022
Interesting thread

(1) (Reply)

Check Your Vin (vehicle History) Here / Public Car Auction To Hold In Lagos This Saturday - Carsbazr / Which Engine Oil Is Best For Tiny Light 1998 Model

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.