Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,156 members, 7,807,525 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

Pls Help - Setting Up Recharge Shop - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Pls Help - Setting Up Recharge Shop (3069 Views)

6 Keys to Success in Setting Up Your Small Business / Setting Up A Cybercafe: Detailed Requirements Please / Setting Up a Cyber-cafe: What Does It Take? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help - Setting Up Recharge Shop by jesuseun1(m): 8:34am On Apr 21, 2009
fellow nairalanders,i want to set up a bulk printing and selling recharge cards shop around ijegun ikotun.what and what do i need to set it up.

i work on shifts ,SO I WANT TO run the business as a part tyme,but i will still need to employ somebody dat will be there all d tyme as a sales person.pls help me to answers all these question

1,how much capital do i need to start
2,wat do i consider in locating the shop
3,how much do i pay the sales person
4,wat marketing strategy do i need to put in place to attract more customers.
5, do i need a printing software.
6,where do i buy my pins.
7,how and where do i print my cards.
8,HOW DO I MAXIMISE profits.
i need ur response soon,thanks
Re: Pls Help - Setting Up Recharge Shop by SalesMgr: 12:07pm On Apr 21, 2009
This are my suggestions;

Jesu seun note that recharge card bulk business profit margin is from kobo to millions.

1A you need serious prayers and tight security at ur shop and prayers

1,how much capital do i need to start = it depends how big or small u want to start. The secret of recharge card business is, you make more profit when u invest more money into the business and turn it over fast e.g. 1m

2,wat do i consider in locating the shop = human traffic and area where they are high concentration of phone call centre operators,because they are your major market

3,how much do i pay the sales person = You'll need to consider what other bulk operators pay their employees and maybe increase your package by say 5%, again it will depend on ur projected turn over per month.

4,wat marketing strategy do i need to put in place to attract more customers = offer something different from what other operators offer

5, do i need a printing software = It’s part of the printing package

6,where do i buy my pins = Authorize distributors to GSM networks

7,how and where do i print my cards = with ur printing package (system,printer,paper),i advise u print from home.

8,HOW DO I MAXIMISE profits = by applying all the above
i need ur response soon,thanks

For further support in the area of branding, promotion etc holla me on 08036322822
Re: Pls Help - Setting Up Recharge Shop by babalolas(m): 7:40pm On Apr 21, 2009
1,how much capital do i need to start . this depend on your pocket, but i will advise you start with 300,000- 500,000
2,wat do i consider in locating the shop. make sure the location is highly populated. e.g like a major bus stop
3,how much do i pay the sales person. the salary should be between 8000- a maximum of 15,000
4,wat marketing strategy do i need to put in place to attract more customers. just print out your price list and do the distribution before you open the shop and make sure the address and also your phone number is printed on it.
5, do i need a printing software. for a start, you dont need a printing software but if you insist on getting one then i can assist you with one at on cost whatsoever
6,where do i buy my pins. one you are ready. contact me
7,how and where do i print my cards, forget about printing for now
8,HOW DO I MAXIMISE profits. you can maximise profit in the following ways;
make sure you sell at the lowest possible amount and by so doing the so called kobo will multiply into naira
make sure the sells girl is not a dullard, if not you can even lose your capital under one week.
dont allow anybody whatsoever to have access to where you keep your cards
no family friends whatsoever
also make sure the sales person is a female because its a common fact in the business that males sales representative can set you up

for more info mail sehindebabs4real@yahoo.com
Re: Pls Help - Setting Up Recharge Shop by jesuseun1(m): 9:22am On Apr 23, 2009
thank u guys 4 all d response,i appreciate them.

1,if i hav to buy a printer,can i buy a second hand printer for around 7k,wats ur experience.

2,do i need to buy d printing software.and hw much

3,can i start with 100k to buy pins from dealer.

4,for a start can i start with one sales person.and is ssce holder ok.

5,babalola s,why did u say i should forget printin for now.

6,wat security measures do i need to put in place in d shop.

7,pls can some give me the list of prices i can buy pins 4 different networks.

hope to hear from u guys soon.
Re: Pls Help - Setting Up Recharge Shop by folarina(m): 1:13am On Apr 29, 2009
@jesu seun

I am in your same shoes cos am about starting the same business around lekki axis.

How is the business going for you ?

I am about starting the business mid may.

Pls can you email me your price list ie how much you are getting the cards and how much you are selling it.

My email @ is folarina @gmail.com
Re: Pls Help - Setting Up Recharge Shop by babalolas(m): 9:50am On Apr 29, 2009
My friend, the logic of this business is that you must not buy all your cards from a particular dealer because dealers may give you cheap price for GLO network and high price for Zain product, so it is that difference they will use to balance their account.
GETTING MTN PRODUCT
all dealers are presently selling mtn product as ff;
MTN 1500 1425 , 750 712.5 , 400 380 , 200 190, 100 95. Any body that sells above this amount is not an mtn dealer.

GETTING GLO PRODUCT
the cheapest price for this product as at today are as ff.
GLO 1000 940, 500 468, 150 140.5, 100 94. Note you cannot get this price from just one dealer.

GETTING ZAIN PRODUCT
this product are presently on the high side. Zain 1000 975, 500 487, 200 194.5 100 97.2

GETTING VISA PRODUCT.
The cheapest price for this product  are VISA 500 465, 200 187 100 93. NOTE. you cannot get this prices from any dealer but you can get via hand to hand. meaning that it is more expensive getting it via the dealers. visaphone have vast customer that buys the phones everyday and if you are buyn that phone, it is compulsory for you to buy the recharge card also. so the phone dealer just buy i and sell immediatly at a lose.

the following dealers are okay and dependable

OFFICE DEVICES
GREATBAKKIES
K AND G
STANQUEEN
They all have offices at computer village.

thanks
Re: Pls Help - Setting Up Recharge Shop by jesuseun1(m): 1:31pm On Apr 29, 2009
hello babaloa,God bless u for the pst,i hav sent u a mail to ur box.my question is ,wit these prices ,do i still need to print and will one need to be goin physically there all d tyme to buy pins or is it online thru email.
Re: Pls Help - Setting Up Recharge Shop by folarina(m): 5:06pm On Apr 29, 2009
@babalola

You are star ,just the kind of information i was looking for , grin grin grin

However you didn't mention any thing about about operators ie Multilinks ,starcomms etc

Do you know any big dealer on the Island ,i intend to cover from Ajah all the way to eleko .

Thanks once again for being your brother's keeper.
Re: Pls Help - Setting Up Recharge Shop by babalolas(m): 7:54pm On Apr 29, 2009
sorry i couldnt complete my post.

GETTING XCOMMS.
Presently xcomms 500 472, 250 239, 100 95 but with my contact 500 471, 250 237 ,100 94.5, ( getting starcomms at ibadan is cheaper then getting it in lagos)

MULTILINKS.
500 465 , 200 190, 100 95

NOTE; when you start this business make sure you create good customer relationship with your fellow buyer.

one very important information i want to share concerning this is the fact that all this stocks are very cheap on fridays and saturday, do you know why? the thruth is that majority of this dealers get there stock base on credit facilities, so they make good sure they sell as much as possible over the weekend so that they can pay back what they owe. this dealers then call their major customer to buy large quantity of this stocks at a cheaper amount.

for those of you at ajah, i will get you the names of major dealers over there.

for those of you that have less than 100,000 to start this business, i will tell you what to do very soon.

cheers
Re: Pls Help - Setting Up Recharge Shop by folarina(m): 8:37pm On Apr 29, 2009
@babalola

Very helpful tips once again .

I ve dropped you a mail ,kindly check yr box.

, Still waiting for the concluding part of the tips.

One more question - How do you cope with COT ? Since the money goes in and out so frequently.The bank will just fatter will the business will get thinner.
Re: Pls Help - Setting Up Recharge Shop by jesuseun1(m): 11:07pm On Apr 29, 2009
God bless u babalola or all dis info biz details.are u based in ibadan ?
Re: Pls Help - Setting Up Recharge Shop by luvcherish(m): 11:10pm On Oct 23, 2013
i wish this thread never died down. Please Babalola if your still with us, where and how can one buy the logic pins
please reply

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Reliable Shipping Company From China To Nigeria. / I'm Investing In A Business...i Need A Partner / Waste Recycling Company In Ibadan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.