Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,359 members, 7,800,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt (33535 Views)

Friends Who Study Together Graduate With First Class Together (Photos) / Nigerian Girl Racially Abused In The UK For Her Struggle To Graduate(pics) / OOU Best Graduating student: My Sister Stopped School For Me To Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by ajokebelle(f): 12:19pm On Oct 08, 2015
Hmmmmmmm
Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by hayorzzyzx(m): 12:19pm On Oct 08, 2015
Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by Venom104: 12:20pm On Oct 08, 2015
TIP NUMBER 5: Don't school in ABU, FUTO, FUTA etc

4 Likes

Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by chinedugreat(m): 12:22pm On Oct 08, 2015
shikina !!!
Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by delectablegyal(f): 12:23pm On Oct 08, 2015
kelvyn7:
shocked

BROS I DO ALL THOSE ONE ONE AND NA 3RD CLASS I STILL CARRY COMOT undecided angry

BUT TODAY I WORK AND MY MONTHLY TAKE HOME IS 6DIGITS, CLOSE TO HALF A MILLION cool wink smiley

so...NOT BY POWER NOR MIGHT...

Really! Will u like to have my account number?

1 Like

Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by Nobody: 12:28pm On Oct 08, 2015
This Op is joking, "how to graduate with a first class".
If there is a book or an article that can guarantee a first class, i think almost every diligent and hardworking student will graduate with a 1st class honour.
Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by DJBIGGY(m): 12:30pm On Oct 08, 2015
adetola007:
Tip number 2. FOUNDATION IS KEY
Your first GPA in school wil go a long way in determining what you'll graduate with. You may ask why is it like that? Well, the the cumulative grade point average CGPA used in most universities around the world requires adding your previous grade points to current grade point and dividing by sum total of credit units you registered. This means your first GP in 100L has a way of affecting your last CGPA which in turns determine your class of degree. So it is better to start with a GP of 4.2 than having 2.4. I personally started with 4.33. In fact it is easy to have 4.5 and above in your first semester because what you'll be doing is basically O'level coupled with little A'level.
More hints on the way

looks like you have never had an experience with lecturers who hate you for no reason and do not want you to get higher CGPA than what they had in their undergraduate days

2 Likes

Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by Demmzy15(m): 12:32pm On Oct 08, 2015
No hope for 1st class again, my 100lv is still haunting me! undecided Just need to put in little efforts for 2nd Class Upper.
Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by Demmzy15(m): 12:33pm On Oct 08, 2015
DJBIGGY:

looks like you have never had an experience with lecturers who hate you for no reason and do not want you to get higher CGPA than what they had in their undergraduate days
Tell am o! He thinks all University are the same, I even heard there're some courses people never get 1st Class.
Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by Nobody: 12:42pm On Oct 08, 2015
Valendo:
Look my friend, graduating with first class is no longer a guarantee to success not only in Nigeria but also in advanced countries. I think the focus should be on solopreneurs /home business. This is the new trend

YOU SOUND LIKE A FAILED PROFESSIONAL...THE KACHIUKWU, SOLUDU, UTOMIS, OKONJI-IWEALAS,KEYAMOS AND MOREWERE ONCE FIRST CLASS STUDENTS AND ARE STILL DOING INCREDIBLY WELL IN THEIR ENDEAVORS..BEING A FIRST CLASS GRADUATE DOES NOT JUST MEAN GETTING A GOOD JOB, YOU GET LOTS OF "SOLOPRENEURIAL" SPONSORSHIP,EDUCATIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS AND POSITIVE REFERRAL RECOMMENDATION .DO NOT DISCOURAGE YOUNG NIGERIANS THAT ASPIRE EVERYDAY TO COME OUT TOPS IN THEIR EDUCATIONAL PURSUIT.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by Ionkidiz(m): 12:43pm On Oct 08, 2015
adetola007:
Those guys were able to convinced him that architecture is better.
isoryt

1 Like

Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by Aaam(m): 12:45pm On Oct 08, 2015
Venom104:
TIP NUMBER 5: Don't school in ABU, FUTO, FUTA etc
pls explain y
Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by lanrumaster(m): 12:53pm On Oct 08, 2015
Seriously Academic excellence is overrated! Did I just say that? Oh, yes, I said it.Being top of your class does not necessarily guarantee that you will be at the top of life. You could graduate as the best student in Mathematics or Accounting but it doesn't mean you will make more money than everybody else. The best graduating Law student does not necessarily become the best lawyer. The fact is life requires more than the ability to understand a concept, memorise it and reproduce it in an exam. School rewards people for their memory. Life rewards people for
their imagination. School rewards caution, life rewards daring.School hails those who live by the rules. Life exalts those who break the rules and set new ones. Yes thats just how it is,So do I mean people shouldn't study hard in school? Oh, no, you should. But don't sacrifice every other thing on the altar of First Class. Don't limit yourself to the classroom. Do something practical. Take a leadership position. Start a business and fail.You will learn from it,That's a better Entrepreneurship 101.Join or start a club. Contest an election and lose. It will teach something Political Science 401 will not teach you. Attend a seminar. Read books outside the scope of your course.Motivate and win a soul for eternal rewards... Do something you believe in, Think less of becoming an excellent student but think
more of becoming an excellent person. Make the world your classroom. In order words, You may have 3rd class or pass from school but decide to live a First class life in the real world.We ve seen First class students living a 3rd class life in the real world. I wish you and myself first class in all our positive life endeavours. Amen

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by osqure(m): 12:57pm On Oct 08, 2015
When u present yourself as A first class graduate, you are in soup.... people will start assessing everything about you like is happening to the poster. My guy just pray and study hard.Get a good grade, a 2.1 or 2.2 is advisable and heavenly father will bless you. For third class and pass, you need higher grace. In all,whether first class,2.1,2.2 or whatever.... grace matters most because I made a 2.1 and got a job three weeks after service .na Grace..

am well paid and very okay.thanks and do have a nice day.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by 9isguy(m): 12:57pm On Oct 08, 2015
Genius are born and note made I disagree with that::::::: I need sm1 2 please give me more tips because I really wana be a 1st class graduate even if it's not an automatic ticket 2 success.

1 Like

Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by kelvyn7: 1:01pm On Oct 08, 2015
delectablegyal:

Really! Will u like to have my account number?

of course smiley i will happily have it grin
Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by davereal(m): 1:01pm On Oct 08, 2015
factorial1:

Must people always look out for errors in posts like this

Well, no one is perfect but some mistakes are very unfortuante and depressing when made by some class of individuals. A supposedly first class graduate in this case. Please edit your work very well before posting.
Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by Mzjacy(f): 1:01pm On Oct 08, 2015
Really

1 Like

Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 08, 2015
Thanks OP for sharing with us, but dear the truth is first class or not, working and earning 6/10 digits or not , if you dont creat or join a system that streams in income, more like residual income for life , mehn you are still gonna be in the rat race and pass lil or nothing unto your kids, you will just end up leaving them in the race too as you met it, invest, buy bonds , buy shares from reputable companies, join trusted and reputable networking business. [color=#550000][/color] kiss cool

1 Like

Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by delectablegyal(f): 1:06pm On Oct 08, 2015
kelvyn7:

Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by DrmAp21: 1:08pm On Oct 08, 2015
lonelydora:
All I can say is "Genius are born and not made"
Hell NO!
Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by OyinMIXmola(f): 1:17pm On Oct 08, 2015
factorial1:

Must people always look out for errors in posts like this

bro dnt u knw ppl are stupid??that's why they don't make it...we all can't be the same
Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by OyinMIXmola(f): 1:21pm On Oct 08, 2015
britzz:
"HOW TO GRADUATE WITH FIRST CLASS"...IF YOU READ THIS SUBJECT AND DIDNT FIND ANYTHING ABNORMAL ABOUT IT THEN YOU CANT BE A FIRST CLASS GRADUATE......WHAT IT TAKES TO GENUINELY COME 1ST IN PRIMARY SCHOOL IS SAME AS IT TAKES TO GRAD WITH FIRST CLASS IN MSC LEVELS.
okoro park well,u don baffffffff

1 Like

Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by enoch273: 1:23pm On Oct 08, 2015
kelvyn7:

Well here is mine o, I am a student and I need money, although I am broke now but I believe in the beauty of my dreams.
Gtb: Emmanuel Gabriel 0163466845. God bless
Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by OyinMIXmola(f): 1:25pm On Oct 08, 2015
britzz:

YOU SOUND LIKE A FAILED PROFESSIONAL...THE KACHIUKWU, SOLUDU, UTOMIS, OKONJI-IWEALAS,KEYAMOS AND MOREWERE ONCE FIRST CLASS STUDENTS AND ARE STILL DOING INCREDIBLY WELL IN THEIR ENDEAVORS..BEING A FIRST CLASS GRADUATE DOES NOT JUST MEAN GETTING A GOOD JOB, YOU GET LOTS OF "SOLOPRENEURIAL" SPONSORSHIP,EDUCATIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS AND POSITIVE REFERRAL RECOMMENDATION .DO NOT DISCOURAGE YOUNG NIGERIANS THAT ASPIRE EVERYDAY TO COME OUT TOPS IN THEIR EDUCATIONAL PURSUIT.
may God almighty bless u abundantly for that reply bro

2 Likes

Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by crackhouse(m): 1:37pm On Oct 08, 2015
emmanuel596:
I graduated with 4.69 @ the federal university of technology minna

All I did back den was eat rest, watch movies, roll with babe's and ate pop corn u too can do the same only if u wanna be a nobody for life

Am not a nobody tho
Am typing all dis trash from my well paid office computer
Copy me and see what becomes of ur life grin grin angry grin grin grin
....and who is this? Rubbish.
Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by obstead200(m): 1:48pm On Oct 08, 2015
kelvyn7:
shocked

BROS I DO ALL THOSE ONE AND NA 3RD CLASS I STILL CARRY COMOT undecided angry

BUT TODAY I WORK AND MY MONTHLY TAKE HOME IS 6DIGITS, CLOSE TO HALF A MILLION cool wink smiley

so...NOT BY POWER NOR MIGHT...

IF YOU SEE ANYBODY WEY GET 1ST CLASS FOR COMPUTER SCIENCE FROM A FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, ABEG REMOVE YOUR CAP AND HONOUR THE PERSON, ITS NOT EASY AT ALLLLLLLLLLLLL
Ur comment makes u a person in love with mediocrity. The fact that u are lucky (or connected enough) to secure a good job with ur third class does not mean that u shud make comments that won't encourage upcoming youths to strive for excellence. This type of comment is exactly the problem we have in naija today. Standards are falling because we set the bar so low.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by obstead200(m): 1:52pm On Oct 08, 2015
Valendo:
Look my friend, graduating with first class is no longer a guarantee to success not only in Nigeria but also in advanced countries. I think the focus should be on solopreneurs /home business. This is the new trend
you need to change ur orientation. Encourage young people to aspire to excellence in everything they do. Including academics. Achieving excellence in solopreneurship and home business or whatever u call it will only be an added advantage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by menshealth1234: 1:53pm On Oct 08, 2015
Cure and End Premature Ejaculationn!!!

LAST MUCH MORE LONGA IN BED WITTH ANY WOMAN NATURALLY WITHOUTT Dangerous Pills, Herbs and Medicationn.

No Pills, No Drugs, No Creams, No Herbs,
100%Natural Solutionn To Solve, Cure And Prolongg Ejaculationn!

goto http :// bit. ly/W2H0mJ Now!!!

Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by kelvyn7: 1:58pm On Oct 08, 2015
obstead200:
Ur comment makes u a person in love with mediocrity. The fact that u are lucky (or connected enough) to secure a good job with ur third class does not mean that u shud make comments that won't encourage upcoming youths to strive for excellence. This type of comment is exactly the problem we have in naija today. Standards are falling because we set the bar so low.

IF YOU SEE ANYBODY WEY GET 1ST CLASS FOR COMPUTER SCIENCE FROM A FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, ABEG REMOVE YOUR CAP AND HONOUR THE PERSON, ITS NOT EASY AT ALLLLLLLLLLLLL

bro, did u read the bolded?

so u think i am unserious and u are the serious person? undecided

if i love mediocrity, i wont be where i am today undecided i only wanna let the op know that sometimes if u try very hard and it doesn't work, dont kill urself angry there are some other areas in life u can apply that effort and u will get amazing results.

and NOTE that i am a very smart person, and i excel among my peers, even at work, i am not being boastful, but its the truth.

3 Likes

Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by Margauxluv(f): 2:00pm On Oct 08, 2015
op now knw dis.
paper qualifications aiint worth it dis days especially here in Nigeria. as a result of frauds nd corruption.
be entrepreneur'understand one self 'stay focus nd do wats best for business.
aftal most successful ppl around d world didn't evn graduated alall. pp'l lik BILL GATE ' MARK' ...
.........som here in Nigeria didn't go to school.

u hv did a great job.. Kudos.
Re: How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt by KayTosin10(m): 2:14pm On Oct 08, 2015
Pls,my question is that is it still possible for someone with 4.08 cumulative in 200level to come out with first class,he have only 2years

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Almajiri, Adamu Tilde Graduates From Hungary University (pics) / Hijab: Deeper Life Church Backs Use Of Christian Garments By Pupils / OAU Suspends Professor Richard Akindele Indefinitely Over Sex For Mark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.