Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:23 AM

Hajj: Nigerians Won’t Stone Devil Again – Sanusi. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Hajj: Nigerians Won’t Stone Devil Again – Sanusi. (49558 Views)

Unidentified Woman Who Died During Hajj Trip To Mecca (Photo) / Hajj Stampede: Things You Need To Know / How Hajj Was Performed In 1953 And Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hajj: Nigerians Won’t Stone Devil Again – Sanusi. by Easy023(m): 6:17pm On Oct 03, 2015
Nigeria’s Amirul Hajj and Emir of Kano, Alhaji Muhammad Sanusi II, on Friday night said Nigerians will no longer participate in the stoning of devil ritual, except they get accommodation close to Jamrat, where the exercise will take place.

The Emir’s reaction followed the recent stampede in Saudi Arabia that killed several pilgrims, including about 70 Nigerians.

He also reiterated his earlier position that blacks, particularly Nigerians were not responsible for the stampede.

The Emir, who quoted several verses of the Qur’an, said refusal to perform the stoning of devil ritual does not in any way invalidate one’s pilgrimage.

He said, “During the era of Prophet Muhammad (SAW), he permitted pilgrims who came on camels to stay in Makkah after Arafat, instead of staying in Mina and sleeping at Muzdalifa.

“So, if the Prophet can give such grace to some people, just to protect their animals, why didn’t our scholars educate our people properly to avoid this untoward hardship and death?

“Therefore, it will be part of my recommendation to the Federal Government that, if we cannot get accommodation close to Jamrat where the Arabs reside in Mina, then this year may be the last time we will sleep in Mina and Muzdalifa because we want to stone the devil.

“If one deliberately refuses to perform the stoning of the devil ritual, all he needs to do is just to slaughter a ram. So, if this is the situation, why do we go and suffer and die instead of sacrificing a ram.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/hajj-nigerians-wont-stone-devil-again-sanusi/

41 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Hajj: Nigerians Won’t Stone Devil Again – Sanusi. by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 03, 2015
let me invite lalasticlala for you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hajj: Nigerians Won’t Stone Devil Again – Sanusi. by Akshow: 6:27pm On Oct 03, 2015
religion really makes people do dumb stuff. mental slavery. stoning devil indeed. in the twenty-first century.

107 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Hajj: Nigerians Won’t Stone Devil Again – Sanusi. by tayebest(m): 6:28pm On Oct 03, 2015
sanusi, this is just symbolic and not as you think as usual!

Waiting for Nairaland e-apologist warrior on this thread! cool
Re: Hajj: Nigerians Won’t Stone Devil Again – Sanusi. by Chanchit: 6:34pm On Oct 03, 2015
Yh, just leave the devil alone, that guy head strong. At the end of the day he got more souls than he bargained for.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hajj: Nigerians Won’t Stone Devil Again – Sanusi. by psucc(m): 6:37pm On Oct 03, 2015
There are things one has to be sceptical a times. Stoning the devil is a rite that has an undertone and it is not unconnected with the recent deaths occasioned by the stamped.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hajj: Nigerians Won’t Stone Devil Again – Sanusi. by ojun50(m): 6:37pm On Oct 03, 2015
For me i will suggest that if someone hv being there one no need of going.
But i won ask that devil no they dies since i be day small they hear am oh.

1 Like

Re: Hajj: Nigerians Won’t Stone Devil Again – Sanusi. by hola106(m): 6:57pm On Oct 03, 2015
May God help us
Re: Hajj: Nigerians Won’t Stone Devil Again – Sanusi. by Dindondin(m): 6:58pm On Oct 03, 2015
I must comment.
Whether am a Muslim or not!
Last Bullet:
If only the stone has been hitting the devil's head he d v died.
They can give me 72 virgins pere.
I ll go to Mecca and stone dead the devil.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hajj: Nigerians Won’t Stone Devil Again – Sanusi. by Dindondin(m): 6:58pm On Oct 03, 2015
Space bought for counter attack!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hajj: Nigerians Won’t Stone Devil Again – Sanusi. by TIMEISWISDOM(m): 6:59pm On Oct 03, 2015
70 Nigerians dead, people who are supposed to be my compatriots yet I can't air my view about it without a silly pledge by Nairaland, because am not a Muslim.

OK now I accepted the pledge I don't value, what impact will that make and does it stop me from blasphemy if I want to?

Mr seun the question is for you
embarassed -[

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hajj: Nigerians Won’t Stone Devil Again – Sanusi. by coolxpat(m): 7:01pm On Oct 03, 2015
Well said...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Hajj: Nigerians Won’t Stone Devil Again – Sanusi. by gbadexy(m): 7:02pm On Oct 03, 2015
Akshow:
religion really makes people do dumb stuff. mental slavery. stoning devil indeed. in the twenty-first century.
The stoning of the devil is symbolic and not literally.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hajj: Nigerians Won’t Stone Devil Again – Sanusi. by Dindondin(m): 7:03pm On Oct 03, 2015
freedom96:

Oh lord if he's among those that will understand,guide him.And if he's not,ya Allah deal with him in your own way.

I rest my case.
why you dey curse naa

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hajj: Nigerians Won’t Stone Devil Again – Sanusi. by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 03, 2015
Think about it, Does it make an iota of sense?...Each and every year, they stone the devil, the devil doesn't die, but dozens and sometimes hundreds of the Mohammedans die; This senseless routine is repeated each year. Okay, Why not bomb the devil?...Is bombing not what they are good at??

Bombing humans and stoning the devil. grin

Until ppl start asking questions nd start thinkin rite the problm will continue. Even the so calld educated r guilt of this myopic reasoning. Ds stoning of d devil has been on for many years even b4 my grandpa was born nd yet ppl blame d devil for silly crimes.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hajj: Nigerians Won’t Stone Devil Again – Sanusi. by Justicealh3(m): 7:04pm On Oct 03, 2015
Good ideal.
Re: Hajj: Nigerians Won’t Stone Devil Again – Sanusi. by dearsly(m): 7:07pm On Oct 03, 2015
In order words,we won't be stoning devil anymore but rather we gonna be bombing the devil!...Sai CHANGE!!.....

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hajj: Nigerians Won’t Stone Devil Again – Sanusi. by tucky200(m): 7:09pm On Oct 03, 2015

1 Like

Re: Hajj: Nigerians Won’t Stone Devil Again – Sanusi. by jomoh: 7:09pm On Oct 03, 2015
Re: Hajj: Nigerians Won’t Stone Devil Again – Sanusi. by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 03, 2015
SeverusSnape:
These people no get sense (No offence)

Think about it, Does it make an iota of sense?...Each and every year, they stone the devil, the devil doesn't die, but dozens and sometimes hundreds of the Mohammedans die; This senseless routine is repeated each year. Okay, Why not bomb the devil?...Is bombing not what they are good at??

Bombing humans and stoning the devil. grin

Funny...

There is something called symbolism

15 Likes

Re: Hajj: Nigerians Won’t Stone Devil Again – Sanusi. by Oildichotomy(m): 7:16pm On Oct 03, 2015
What the heck is the oath ish before commenting?

It makes the whole ish boring

Anyways, these are pointers that the other faith hold more water than this one.
Like seriously? ..

Stoning the devil indeed

7 Likes

Re: Hajj: Nigerians Won’t Stone Devil Again – Sanusi. by usmanktg2(m): 7:18pm On Oct 03, 2015
Allah yayi mana jagora

1 Like

Re: Hajj: Nigerians Won’t Stone Devil Again – Sanusi. by haftob(m): 7:22pm On Oct 03, 2015
The average IQ on Nairaland is so low

11 Likes

Re: Hajj: Nigerians Won’t Stone Devil Again – Sanusi. by Marleek(m): 7:23pm On Oct 03, 2015
Is it today Muslims started stoning the devil. If not for the stampede, you christians wont be committing blasphemy recklessly like this.
Stoning the devil is actually symbollic unlike some confused people who believe God sacrifised his only son for thier sins. But wait, cant God just forgive us without having to shed anyone's blood.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hajj: Nigerians Won’t Stone Devil Again – Sanusi. by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 03, 2015
If they really wanna stone the devil next time, they should visit Sambisa Forest cuz the devil ported location some years back.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hajj: Nigerians Won’t Stone Devil Again – Sanusi. by TeamSimple(m): 7:25pm On Oct 03, 2015
freedom96:
the wretched one.Its quite surprising how terrorist like this keep insulting islam and call them terrorist.You never find a muslim attacking christians it's always wretched and cursed souls like this that go on to attack islam at the slightest oppoturnity.You should be disturbed by ur gay priests but instead u are here terrorising muslims and still call them terrorist after that,u are a hypocrite.More hypocritical are those who support u in ur display of hate and bigotry.

Oh lord if he's among those that will understand,guide him.And if he's not,ya Allah deal with him in your own way.

I rest my case.
And the fool also think we don't know of christian terrorist group in the past.
The fact we don't make reference to it doesn't mean we unaware. Am ready to face any christian hypocrite word for word who dares tackle me.
NB : the foolishness and arrogance in them also made them ignore the Islamic Oath just to display their anguish and ache over Islam which has come to stay.. even your great grandfathers did more but still they left this world with people still converting and practising Islam in numbers. If Their God is the only ant true God he should stop giving Muslim families new born. He can easily give what he has created to his followers alone in order to avoid unnecessary stories of conversion. FOOLISH set of people that thinks they know more than the creator.

41 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sallah Cow Forced Into A Small Car Ahead Of Eid-el-Kabir Celebration / Meet Sheikh Chukwuemeka, The Igbo Man That Translated Quran From Arabic To Igbo / Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.